|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 Ranging with Delight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kanigel characterize Ramanujan's developing approach to math?
2. What was Ramanujan's college's nickname?
(a) Cambridge of South India.
(b) The Bollytechnicum.
(c) Harvard of South India.
(d) Oxford of South India.
3. How does Kanigel characterize Ramanujan's solutions to the math problems in 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics'?
(a) As frequently wrong.
(b) As odd.
(c) As inconsistent.
(d) As flawless.
4. Who was N. Ramanujachariar?
(a) Ramanujan's roommate.
(b) Ramanujan's math teacher.
(c) Ramanujan's rival.
(d) Ramanujan's trainer.
5. What was uncommon about Ramanujan's physique?
(a) He had a humpback.
(b) He had six fingers on each hand.
(c) He was overweight.
(d) He had a limp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Ramanujan's scholarship?
2. What does Kanigel say Ramanujan learned from an old book?
3. When did Ramanujan win a scholarship for his math skills?
4. When does Kanigel say Ramanujan got hold of 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics'?
5. What energy does Kanigel say Ramanujan redirected into mathematics?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)