|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Somewhat Indifferent Health.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ramanujan petition Cambridge for?
(b) The right to return.
(c) A stipend.
(d) An assistant.
2. What does Kanigel say characterized Indian intellectuals' experience at Cambridge?
3. Where did Ramanujan move to?
4. Where would Ramanujan's technique of solving math problems run into difficulty?
(a) With multi-variable formulas.
(b) With Pi.
(c) With very large or very small numbers.
(d) With irrational numbers.
5. Who wrote 'A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics'?
(a) Frank Nelson Cole.
(b) George Carr.
(c) William George Horner.
(d) Enrico Betti.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kanigel describe education at Hardy's college?
2. How does Kanigel describe John Littlewood?
3. Who is Namagiri?
4. What were Ramanujan's parents getting impatient with?
5. Where did Ramanujan go when he was 17?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)