|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Somewhat Indifferent Health.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kanigel describe John Littlewood?
(a) A consultant.
(b) A therapist.
(c) A bureaucrat.
(d) A math prodigy.
2. Where did Ramanujan go when he was 17?
(c) Uttar Pradesh.
3. Why was Ramanujan late for his wedding?
(a) His train was held up.
(b) His parents had to argue him into getting married.
(c) He ran away and had to be caught.
(d) He became sick.
4. Who was G. H. Hardy?
(a) The mathematician who helped Ramanujan.
(b) Ramanujan's father-in-law.
(c) Ramanujan's boss.
(d) Ramanujan's Colorado-author.
5. What did Ramanujan discover when his friend Mahalanobis read a puzzle from the paper?
(a) The constant that resolves series to prime numbers.
(b) The mystical nature of numbers.
(c) A proof to all problems like that puzzle.
(d) The value of pi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a nested square root?
2. What were Ramanujan and Hardy looking for in their work on partitions?
3. How long did the trip from India to England take?
4. What was Euler's contribution to understanding partitions?
5. What was the result of Ramanujan clinging to his cultural practices?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)