|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The English Chill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was proved incorrect in Ramanujan's work from this time?
(a) His proofs.
(b) His theorems.
(c) His conclusions.
(d) His assumptions.
2. What did Hardy and his friends arrange for Ramanujan?
(a) A research position.
(b) A sinecure.
(c) A teaching position.
(d) A bureaucratic appointment.
3. How does Kanigel characterize Ramanujan's theorems and formulas?
(a) Universally recognizable.
(b) Almost incomprehensible.
(d) Odd by English standards.
4. How did Ramanujan see himself socially, according to Kanigel?
(a) As a celebrity.
(b) As a Brahmin.
(c) As a mathematician.
(d) As a citizen.
5. What does Kanigel say characterized Indian intellectuals' experience at Cambridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ramanujan's Master Theorem attempt to do?
2. To what extent does Kanigel say Ramanujan blended in with Cambridge society?
3. What was it that offended Ramanujan when he invited some friends to dinner?
4. What cultural practice did Ramanujan insist on, in Kanigel's account?
5. How old was the wife Ramanujan's parents found?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)