Chapter 1 - In the Temple's Coolness
1. Where was Ramanujan born?
(a) Uttar Pradesh.
2. Who was Komalatammal?
(a) Ramanujan's sister.
(b) Ramanujan's mother.
(c) Ramanujan's teacher.
(d) Ramanujan's aunt.
3. What was the significance of Erode in Ramanujan's family?
(a) Where Ramanujan was buried.
(b) Where Ramanujan went to school.
(c) Ramanujan's hometown.
(d) Ramanujan's mother's ancestral home.
4. When was Ramanujan born?
5. What was Ramanujan's caste?
6. Which god was Ramanujan's family devoted to?
7. What was Ramanujan's religion?
8. What was the effect of Ramanujan's childhood smallpox?
(b) Partial deafness.
(c) Spinal deformity.
(d) A limp.
9. How does Kanigel describe life in Ramanujan's hometown?
(a) A middle class was just emerging.
(b) Childhood illness and death were common.
(c) People had every luxury.
(d) Crushing poverty was the norm.
10. What language did Ramanujan speak?
11. When did Ramanujan begin to speak?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
12. How does Kanigel describe Ramanujan's early temperament?
This section contains 3,703 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)