|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
2. While D'Artagnan is in audience with the King in Chapter 53, what news does a courier bring?
3. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
4. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
5. How does Porthos die in Chapter 50?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the point of view utilized by Dumas in "The Man in the Iron Mask." As this was a deliberate choice, discuss why Dumas selected the view he did and what influences the point of view had on the development of themes. Make sure to use specific textual evidence to support your assertions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of setting within "The Man in the Iron Mask." Make sure to discuss at least three different settings and how the descriptions of those settings are integral in the development of themes and characters.
Essay Topic 3
One literary tool employed by Dumas in "The Man in the Iron Mask" is the use of foreshadowing. Give examples of where Dumas has employed foreshadowing and discuss in detail how this use of foreshadowing furthered the plot, developed character, or strengthened a theme.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)