Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does D'Artagnan offer to take Mouston in Chapter 55?
2. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
3. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
4. At the last minute who decides to accompany Raoul on his expedition?
5. Who confirms the death of Raoul to Athos?
One of the strongest literary tools employed by Dumas in "The Man in the Iron Mask" is the use of irony. Give examples of where Dumas has employed verbal, situational or comic irony and discuss in detail how this use of irony has furthered the plot, developed characters or strengthened a theme.
Throughout "The Man in the Iron Mask" there are several journeys made by different characters. Discuss at least two specific journeys and how they could be viewed as extended metaphors for character development of the characters who undertake these journeys.
One of the most frequently used literary devices in "The Man in the Iron Mask" is the appearance of satire. Discuss at least three examples of Dumas's use of satire in the novel and point out whether or not they are effective in emphasizing some truth. Make sure to use specific textual references to back up your assertions.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)