Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does D'Artagnan offer to take Mouston in Chapter 55?
2. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
3. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
4. At the last minute who decides to accompany Raoul on his expedition?
5. Who confirms the death of Raoul to Athos?
Essay Topic 1
In "The Man in the Iron Mask," Dumas utilizes the several historical figures as important characters in the end of the novel. Discuss how the historical basis for these characters as established in literature affect how their characters are viewed in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of setting within "The Man in the Iron Mask." Make sure to discuss at least three different settings and how the descriptions of those settings are integral in the development of themes and characters.
Essay Topic 3
Duty is a theme throughout "The Man in the Iron Mask." Discuss three different character's views of duty and how it is exhibited by their statements and actions. Based on these accounts of duty, does Dumas create an overarching definition of what duty is?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)