|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
2. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
3. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
4. Which lady friend of Louise de la Valliere's accuses Louise of killing Raoul if he dies in Africa?
5. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Man in the Iron Mask," Dumas utilizes the several historical figures as important characters in the end of the novel. Discuss how the historical basis for these characters as established in literature affect how their characters are viewed in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout "The Man in the Iron Mask" there are several journeys made by different characters. Discuss at least two specific journeys and how they could be viewed as extended metaphors for character development of the characters who undertake these journeys.
Essay Topic 3
One literary tool employed by Dumas in "The Man in the Iron Mask" is the use of foreshadowing. Give examples of where Dumas has employed foreshadowing and discuss in detail how this use of foreshadowing furthered the plot, developed character, or strengthened a theme.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)