Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does D'Artagnan offer to take Mouston in Chapter 55?
2. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
3. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
4. At the last minute who decides to accompany Raoul on his expedition?
5. Who confirms the death of Raoul to Athos?
Essay Topic 1
In "The Man in the Iron Mask," in many ways King Louis serves as the character foil to Fouquet. Using specific examples from the book illustrate how their characterizations are in antithesis to each other and how these characterizations are strengthened when shown in contrast with each other.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the point of view utilized by Dumas in "The Man in the Iron Mask." As this was a deliberate choice, discuss why Dumas selected the view he did and what influences the point of view had on the development of themes. Make sure to use specific textual evidence to support your assertions.
Essay Topic 3
Honor and "gentlemanly" or chivalrous behavior is one of the themes highlighted in "The Man in the Iron Mask." Discuss the characters of Fouquet and D'Artagnan versus the king to illustrate the dichotomy of what honor or honorable behavior is. Use specific textual examples to illustrate the character's view of honor. Does Dumas create an overarching definition of honor. What is it?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)