|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
(a) Porthos has sent a letter to the king.
(b) Porthos has sent off the last two fishing boats from Belle-Isle.
(c) Porthos has learned of Philippe and lectured Aramis about it.
(d) Porthos has lost all of Aramis's money in poker games with the locals.
2. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A ring.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A letter.
(d) A necklace.
3. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
(a) He is ordered to follow Fouquet by D'Artagnan.
(b) He wishes to take a more leisurely pace on his journey.
(c) He doesn't out of respect.
(d) He tries to pass Fouquet but is unable to.
4. What reason does the king give for not telling D'Artagnan about Porthos's death when he knew of it in Chapter 54?
(a) The king tried to send a message to D'Artagnan, but he did not recieve it.
(b) The king wanted D'Artagnan to find out for himself.
(c) The king was afraid D'Artagnan would not retain his post if he knew.
(d) The king wanted to punish D'Artagnan.
5. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
(a) For his own death.
(b) To accompany Beaufort to Gigelli.
(c) To rekindle his romance with La Valliere.
(d) For the king to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
2. What reason does Colbert give D'Artagnan for conspiring against Fouquet in Chapter 41?
3. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
4. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
5. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)