|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
(a) She wants him imprisoned for life.
(b) She wants him appointed Prime Minister.
(c) She wants him killed.
(d) She wants him pardoned and to return to his previous status.
2. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
(a) Send gift to them for their journey.
(b) Spy on their meetings.
(c) Guard them.
(d) Take notes on their meeting.
3. After D'Artagnan agrees to cooperate and not resign his post in Chapter 53, what does King Louis offer?
(a) To pardon Aramis and Porthos.
(b) To give D'Artagnan a large fortune.
(c) To promote D'Artagnan.
(d) To free Fouquet.
4. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
(a) A fast carriage.
(b) A white horse.
(c) Asylum at a nearby fortress.
(d) A disguise.
5. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
(a) D'Artagnan claims he has no plans to ever arrest Fouquet.
(b) D'Artagnan says yes the time has come and immediately arrests Fouquet.
(c) D'Artagnan tells Fouquet he will arrest him in one fortnight.
(d) D'Artagnan says he will announce it loudly when the time comes for arrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
2. What does D'Artagnan receive as soon as he returns to the fort in Chapter 32?
3. At the last minute who decides to accompany Raoul on his expedition?
4. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
5. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)