|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
(a) To England.
(b) To Spain.
(c) To Cannes.
(d) To Italy.
2. What reason does Colbert give D'Artagnan for conspiring against Fouquet in Chapter 41?
(a) He claims Fouquet was holding him back from greatness.
(b) He was upset after Fouquet stole his mistress.
(c) He was jealous of Vaux.
(d) Colbert acted only on errand from the Queen.
3. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
(a) The Queen.
(d) Madame de Chevreuse.
4. Who has advised the king to spare Aramis's life in Chapter 54?
(c) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
(d) The Queen.
5. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
(a) Porthos has sent a letter to the king.
(b) Porthos has lost all of Aramis's money in poker games with the locals.
(c) Porthos has sent off the last two fishing boats from Belle-Isle.
(d) Porthos has learned of Philippe and lectured Aramis about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Aramis and Porthos know the father of the soldier they take prisoner in Chapter 46?
2. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
3. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
4. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
5. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)