|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Aramis and Porthos as they are getting a boat ready to flee?
(a) D'Artagnan coming to their aid.
(b) A courier with a letter from Fouquet.
(c) A pack of dogs chasing a fox.
(d) A servant coming with their gold and silver.
2. What happens to Mouston in the end of Chapter 55?
(a) D'Artagnan discovers him dead on a pile of suits.
(b) He falls ill and takes to his bed for a slow demise.
(c) He retires to the country with all of Porthos's clothing.
(d) He becomes a valet for D'Artagnan.
3. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
(a) Selling all of his fine things to fund his journey to Africa.
(b) Distributing all of his things of value to his friends and creditors.
(c) Taking all of his fine things to a friend's house for safe keeping until his return.
(d) Packing all of his treasures to take with him to Africa.
4. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
5. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
(c) Madame de Chevreuse.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
2. How do Aramis and Porthos know the father of the soldier they take prisoner in Chapter 46?
3. Who confirms the death of Raoul to Athos?
4. What reason does Colbert give D'Artagnan for conspiring against Fouquet in Chapter 41?
5. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)