|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does Athos have after he reads a letter from Aramis describing Porthos's death?
(a) He is peaceful with the knowledge that Porthos has gone to a better place.
(b) He is angry at the king and writes a letter.
(c) He faints.
(d) He falls into a fit of sobbing and cries for hours.
2. How does Porthos die in Chapter 50?
(a) He is run through with a sword.
(b) Falling rocks from the ceiling crush him.
(c) He is accidentally blown up while trying to light a fuse.
(d) He is shot.
3. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
4. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
(b) The governor.
(c) We don't know who ordered the attack.
(d) The sentinel guard.
5. How do Porthos and Aramis attempt to escape in Chapter 46?
(a) By wearing the uniforms of their prisoners and mixing with the attacking soldiers.
(b) Through the grotto of Locmaria.
(c) They attempt to swim away from the Isle.
(d) In disguise on a fishing boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
2. What reason does the king give for not telling D'Artagnan about Porthos's death when he knew of it in Chapter 54?
3. After D'Artagnan agrees to cooperate and not resign his post in Chapter 53, what does King Louis offer?
4. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
5. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)