|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
(a) To keep a secret for Raoul.
(b) To defend La Valliere where possible.
(c) To never steal another man's love.
(d) To make La Valliere suffer.
2. After D'Artagnan agrees to cooperate and not resign his post in Chapter 53, what does King Louis offer?
(a) To promote D'Artagnan.
(b) To pardon Aramis and Porthos.
(c) To give D'Artagnan a large fortune.
(d) To free Fouquet.
3. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
(a) He wishes to take a more leisurely pace on his journey.
(b) He doesn't out of respect.
(c) He tries to pass Fouquet but is unable to.
(d) He is ordered to follow Fouquet by D'Artagnan.
4. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
(a) D'Artagnan says yes the time has come and immediately arrests Fouquet.
(b) D'Artagnan tells Fouquet he will arrest him in one fortnight.
(c) D'Artagnan says he will announce it loudly when the time comes for arrest.
(d) D'Artagnan claims he has no plans to ever arrest Fouquet.
5. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
(a) Wait for his replacement.
(b) Return to Nantes.
(c) Return to Paris.
(d) Attack without him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fires a shot at Raoul and Athos on the Isle of St. Marguerite?
2. What happens to Mouston in the end of Chapter 55?
3. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
4. What reaction does Athos have after he reads a letter from Aramis describing Porthos's death?
5. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)