|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(a) De Vouvray wine.
(b) White wine.
(d) Red wine.
2. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
(a) Receiving information from friends.
(b) Throwing notes out the window.
(c) Seeing the other advisers as he leaves.
(d) Showing his face as the martyr of the king.
3. How do Porthos and Aramis attempt to escape in Chapter 46?
(a) In disguise on a fishing boat.
(b) By wearing the uniforms of their prisoners and mixing with the attacking soldiers.
(c) They attempt to swim away from the Isle.
(d) Through the grotto of Locmaria.
4. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
(a) She wants him appointed Prime Minister.
(b) She wants him pardoned and to return to his previous status.
(c) She wants him killed.
(d) She wants him imprisoned for life.
5. What reaction does Athos have after he reads a letter from Aramis describing Porthos's death?
(a) He is angry at the king and writes a letter.
(b) He is peaceful with the knowledge that Porthos has gone to a better place.
(c) He faints.
(d) He falls into a fit of sobbing and cries for hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
2. What does Beaufort give Raoul as his first order?
3. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
4. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
5. What does D'Artagnan tell Raoul and Athos to pretend to be in Chapter 31?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)