|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aramis show the captain of the ship in Chapter 51 that causes the captain to follow his orders.
(a) A sword.
(b) A ring.
(c) A signed letter from Fouquet.
(d) A signed letter from the king.
2. What does D'Artagnan think will be the fate of all of those who know the secret of Philippe?
(a) They will live quite indifferently to the secret.
(b) They will be imprisoned for life.
(c) They will die.
(d) They will live a life of fear.
3. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(b) Foot soldier.
(c) Calvary Captain.
4. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
(b) The king.
(d) La Valliere.
5. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
(a) Throwing notes out the window.
(b) Receiving information from friends.
(c) Seeing the other advisers as he leaves.
(d) Showing his face as the martyr of the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fires a shot at Raoul and Athos on the Isle of St. Marguerite?
2. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
3. How does Aramis spend his night on the ship in Chapter 51?
4. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
5. What interrupts Aramis and Porthos as they are getting a boat ready to flee?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)