|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
(a) To never steal another man's love.
(b) To make La Valliere suffer.
(c) To keep a secret for Raoul.
(d) To defend La Valliere where possible.
2. Where does D'Artagnan offer to take Mouston in Chapter 55?
(a) To his own home.
(b) To Athos's home.
(c) Into the country for a respite.
(d) Back to the Chateau Vallon.
3. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
(a) Selling all of his fine things to fund his journey to Africa.
(b) Taking all of his fine things to a friend's house for safe keeping until his return.
(c) Distributing all of his things of value to his friends and creditors.
(d) Packing all of his treasures to take with him to Africa.
4. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
(a) To rekindle his romance with La Valliere.
(b) To accompany Beaufort to Gigelli.
(c) For the king to die.
(d) For his own death.
5. What does D'Artagnan think will be the fate of all of those who know the secret of Philippe?
(a) They will live a life of fear.
(b) They will be imprisoned for life.
(c) They will die.
(d) They will live quite indifferently to the secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
2. Who fires a shot at Raoul and Athos on the Isle of St. Marguerite?
3. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
4. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
5. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)