|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
(a) To make La Valliere suffer.
(b) To defend La Valliere where possible.
(c) To never steal another man's love.
(d) To keep a secret for Raoul.
2. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
(a) Taking all of his fine things to a friend's house for safe keeping until his return.
(b) Selling all of his fine things to fund his journey to Africa.
(c) Distributing all of his things of value to his friends and creditors.
(d) Packing all of his treasures to take with him to Africa.
3. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
(a) He wants to stay and fish while the other boats are employed.
(b) His boat is damaged and unable to sail.
(c) He dislikes Raoul.
(d) His boat is already engaged by Aramis and Porthos.
4. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
(a) He wants to return to Belle-Isle.
(b) He plans to visit Athos.
(c) He is going to Paris.
(d) He is leaving the country for Spain.
5. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
(a) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confirms the death of Raoul to Athos?
2. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
3. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
4. How do Aramis and Porthos know the father of the soldier they take prisoner in Chapter 46?
5. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)