|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
(b) Madame de Chevreuse.
(c) The Queen.
2. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
3. What does Athos promise to give Raoul when he returns from Africa?
(a) His blessing on Raoul's marraige to a woman of his choice.
(b) His entire fortune.
(c) The capital of his estates.
(d) His title.
4. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
(a) Guard them.
(b) Take notes on their meeting.
(c) Send gift to them for their journey.
(d) Spy on their meetings.
5. What reason does the king give for not telling D'Artagnan about Porthos's death when he knew of it in Chapter 54?
(a) The king wanted to punish D'Artagnan.
(b) The king was afraid D'Artagnan would not retain his post if he knew.
(c) The king tried to send a message to D'Artagnan, but he did not recieve it.
(d) The king wanted D'Artagnan to find out for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to D'Artagnan's horse as he is pursuing Fouquet in Chapter 40?
2. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
3. After D'Artagnan agrees to cooperate and not resign his post in Chapter 53, what does King Louis offer?
4. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
5. How do Aramis and Porthos know the father of the soldier they take prisoner in Chapter 46?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)