|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
(a) He is ordered to follow Fouquet by D'Artagnan.
(b) He tries to pass Fouquet but is unable to.
(c) He wishes to take a more leisurely pace on his journey.
(d) He doesn't out of respect.
2. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
(a) A fast carriage.
(b) A white horse.
(c) Asylum at a nearby fortress.
(d) A disguise.
3. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
4. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
(a) She wants him imprisoned for life.
(b) She wants him killed.
(c) She wants him pardoned and to return to his previous status.
(d) She wants him appointed Prime Minister.
5. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(b) Foot soldier.
(d) Calvary Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Porthos and Aramis attempt to escape in Chapter 46?
2. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
3. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
4. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
5. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)