|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(b) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
2. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
(c) St. Cloud.
3. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
(b) Louise La Valliere.
(c) The king.
4. What does Baisemeaux do after he receives the order for the king's release from Fouquet endorsed by Louis?
(a) He writes his account of what happened.
(b) He strikes his own jaw with his fist.
(c) He flees the Bastille.
(d) He puts his head in his hands and cries.
5. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
(d) St. Cloud.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
2. What action does Fouquet suggest Louis take before they return to Vaux?
3. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
4. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
5. What does Baisemeaux request from Fouquet before he can release the prisoner in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Moliere at M. Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
2. Why is Fouquet surprised that Aramis would lodge himself above the king in Chapter 11?
3. What grievance does D'Artagnan voice against the king during his audience in Chapter 53?
4. What is Fouquet's first impression of the king when he opens the cell in Chapter 22?
5. What possible reason does D'Artagnan suggest for the small size of the secret door leading into the late Madame du Vallon's chamber?
6. Although Louis refuses to relent and pardon Fouquet, what service does he do his wife in Chapter 54?
7. In Chapter 41 as the King thinks back on D'Artagnan's service to him, how does he remember it?
8. How does Moliere end up tricking Porthos into being measured without him knowing it?
9. Why does Mademoiselle Montalais think that Raoul is partly to blame for Louise becoming the mistress to the king?
10. When King Louis XIV is first imprisoned at the Bastille, what does he think has become of him?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)