|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
(a) Monsieur Fouquet.
(b) The King.
2. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
(a) He does not lose or win anything, but breaks even.
(b) He loses money, but is given one hundred pistoles as a consolation.
(c) One thousand pistoles.
(d) Three thousand pistoles.
3. What does Athos provide Porthos and Aramis with in Chapter 26?
(b) Fresh clothing.
(c) Fresh horses.
4. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
(a) He attempts to escape.
(b) He stays in his bed and cries over his desperate situation.
(c) He writes a letter to the king begging mercy.
(d) He burns incriminating papers.
5. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
(a) Prison Guard.
(c) Govenor of the Prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
2. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
3. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
4. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
5. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moliere do to quell Porthos's indignation in Chapter IV, when it is proposed that he should be measured for his outfit?
2. What is unique about Aramis's response to Porthos's death, as described in Chapter 52?
3. Why is D'Artagnan perplexed and his conscience not at ease regarding the arrest of Fouquet in Chapter 19?
4. Describe the village of Poitou that Aramis offers Phillippe a humble life of obscurity in.
5. What type of feeling does Philippe have when he takes his brother's place in Chapter 20?
6. How does Colbert prove to the king that Fouquet has embezzled money from the government?
7. When D'Artagnan chides Louise at the grave of Raoul, what is her response?
8. How does Raoul feel about returning to Paris to meet Beaufort before leaving for Africa?
9. As mentioned in Chapter 8, what did the prisoner, Marchiali, arrive at the Bastile with?
10. What was the cause and outcome of Fontaine's first duel as as recounted by Fontaine in Chapter 6?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)