|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The the palace.
(b) Aramis's home.
(c) St. Mande.
2. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
(a) They are indifferent to his story.
(b) They burst out into laughter.
(c) They are saddened for the humiliation Fontaine suffered.
(d) They are angry at the hardship to befall Fontaine.
3. At what time of night was Louis XIV taken from his bed?
(a) Between twelve and one o'clock.
(b) Just after dusk.
(c) Just before dawn.
(d) The precise time of the switch is not known.
4. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
(a) He is training his apprentices.
(b) He is busy working on all of his financial records.
(c) He is making five costumes for the King.
(d) He is making his own outfit for the party at Vaux.
5. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(b) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(c) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(d) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
2. When the king leaves the passage in Chapter 17, where is he taken?
3. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
4. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
5. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Athos been preparing for in Chapter 57 and 58?
2. How does Raoul feel about returning to Paris to meet Beaufort before leaving for Africa?
3. What is unique about the plates that Fouquet eats from?
4. When Porthos discovers that Aramis has been untruthful with him, what is his response?
5. When D'Artagnan chides Louise at the grave of Raoul, what is her response?
6. What is unique about Aramis's response to Porthos's death, as described in Chapter 52?
7. How does Biscarrat try to convince the captain to let Aramis and Porthos go in Chapter 48?
8. Why does Raoul want to go to Africa and join the army?
9. Describe the island of St. Marguerite as it is given in Chapter 31.
10. In Chapter 21, when D'Artagnan asks Aramis when he became intimate friends with the king, how does Aramis explain their familiarity?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)