|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
(a) He regards it as a great crime and it angers him.
(b) The fate of Louis saddens him.
(c) He views it as great luck for him.
(d) He is indifferent to the action.
2. When Fouquet supposes that Aramis has intervened with the king to prevent his arrest in Chapter 21, how does he feel?
3. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
(a) Directly to the left of the king's room.
(b) Directly above the king's room.
(c) Directly to the right of the king's room.
(d) Directly under the king's room.
4. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(b) He does not name the criminal.
5. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) A sword.
(b) A large bag of money as a bribe.
(c) An order to reimprison Marchiali.
(d) The letter of release for Seldon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
3. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
4. When the king leaves the passage in Chapter 17, where is he taken?
5. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Moliere at M. Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
2. When King Louis XIV is first imprisoned at the Bastille, what does he think has become of him?
3. As mentioned in Chapter 8, what did the prisoner, Marchiali, arrive at the Bastile with?
4. In Chapter 1, Aramis desires the prisoner to become King for what reason?
5. What is unique about Aramis's response to Porthos's death, as described in Chapter 52?
6. What is Fouquet's first impression of the king when he opens the cell in Chapter 22?
7. Describe the village of Poitou that Aramis offers Phillippe a humble life of obscurity in.
8. When D'Artagnan chides Louise at the grave of Raoul, what is her response?
9. In Chapter 34, when Louise La Valliere learns that Raoul is going to Africa, what does her response portray about her regard for him?
10. When Fouquet goes to take Aramis's hand before his departure in Chapter 21, what causes him to become horror-stricken?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)