|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
(a) The ring of the king with the royal crest.
(b) A barber to cut Philippe's hair in the fashion of the king.
(c) An assortment of books about political history.
(d) Written notes on the king and society of the court.
2. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
(a) He was elected by the guild of tailors.
(b) It is a hereditary title.
(c) He was appointed due to his social connections at court.
(d) He won a design contest for the wedding of Henry III.
3. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
(a) He burns incriminating papers.
(b) He attempts to escape.
(c) He writes a letter to the king begging mercy.
(d) He stays in his bed and cries over his desperate situation.
4. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
(a) Prison Guard.
(d) Govenor of the Prison.
5. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
(a) Playing music.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Practicing fencing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
2. In Chapter 26, which two countries does Aramis claim to have relations in?
3. Where does Fouquet suggest that Aramis should go as a place of refuge in Chapter 21?
4. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
5. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 8, what did the prisoner, Marchiali, arrive at the Bastile with?
2. What strange impression seizes both Raoul and Athos as they watch Aramis and Porthos depart in Chapter 26?
3. When D'Artagnan chides Louise at the grave of Raoul, what is her response?
4. What type of disposition does Maria Theresa have as described in Chapter 12?
5. When Porthos asks what they should do if they see Biscarrat in Chapter 47, how does Aramis respond?
6. On what grounds does D'Artagnan beg Aramis to tell him the truth and the designs behind his projects in Chapter 14?
7. How does Colbert prove to the king that Fouquet has embezzled money from the government?
8. How does Biscarrat try to convince the captain to let Aramis and Porthos go in Chapter 48?
9. Why does Aramis warn Philippe to be careful around Mademoiselle de la Valliere when he takes the place of his brother?
10. Why is Fouquet surprised that Aramis would lodge himself above the king in Chapter 11?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)