|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
(a) Prison Guard.
(d) Govenor of the Prison.
2. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
(a) He was elected by the guild of tailors.
(b) It is a hereditary title.
(c) He was appointed due to his social connections at court.
(d) He won a design contest for the wedding of Henry III.
3. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
(a) Arabian racehorces.
(b) A pack of hounds.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A rare set of parrots.
4. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
(a) The prologue to a play.
(b) A painting for the king.
(c) A song for King Louis XIV.
(d) A musical composition for the party.
5. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Aramis's home.
(b) The the palace.
(c) St. Mande.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
2. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
3. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
4. At what time of night was Louis XIV taken from his bed?
5. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what grounds does D'Artagnan beg Aramis to tell him the truth and the designs behind his projects in Chapter 14?
2. How does Anne of Austria respond when she sees both of her sons in the same room in Chapter 24?
3. In Chapter 1, Aramis desires the prisoner to become King for what reason?
4. What do Raoul and Athos read upon a silver plate they find on Ste. Marguerite?
5. How does Raoul feel about returning to Paris to meet Beaufort before leaving for Africa?
6. What does Baisemeaux find ironic about the order for a prisoner's release he receives in Chapter 7?
7. How does Philippe describe the appearance of Colbert in Chapter 10?
8. What is unique about the plates that Fouquet eats from?
9. What type of captain is Beaufort once he arrives in Toulon?
10. Why does Aramis warn Philippe to be careful around Mademoiselle de la Valliere when he takes the place of his brother?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)