|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Fouquet suggest Louis take before they return to Vaux?
(a) He suggests Louis take some rest with a short nap.
(b) He suggests Louis change his clothes.
(c) He suggests Louis see a doctor about his wounds received in prison.
(d) He suggests Louis have a good meal.
2. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He has poor eyesight in the night.
(b) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
(c) He is nervous about his decision.
(d) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
3. Who is the architect of Vaux-le-Vicomte?
4. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A drawing of the king's clothing.
(b) Patterns for the garments of the king.
(c) A letter to give to M. Fouquet.
(d) His own outfit to wear to the party at Vaux.
5. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
(a) On the floor.
(b) He refuses to sleep and spends the night pacing upright.
(c) In an armchair.
(d) In Fouquet's bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
2. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
3. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
4. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
5. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Biscarrat try to convince the captain to let Aramis and Porthos go in Chapter 48?
2. When Porthos asks what they should do if they see Biscarrat in Chapter 47, how does Aramis respond?
3. How does Philippe describe the appearance of Colbert in Chapter 10?
4. Why is the jailer hesitant to tell the governor that the prisoner, Louis XIV, has gone mad and has broken his chair?
5. When Fouquet goes to take Aramis's hand before his departure in Chapter 21, what causes him to become horror-stricken?
6. In Chapter 21, when D'Artagnan asks Aramis when he became intimate friends with the king, how does Aramis explain their familiarity?
7. When Porthos discovers that Aramis has been untruthful with him, what is his response?
8. What is the first tip that Aramis and Porthos receive that leads them to suspect that Belle-Isle is under attack?
9. Why is Moliere at M. Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
10. What has Athos been preparing for in Chapter 57 and 58?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)