|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
(a) He stands gazing at the heavens.
(b) He kneels in prayer with his head constantly bowed.
(c) He paces back and forth in front of the carriage.
(d) He lays down on the ground and covers his face with his hands as he thinks.
2. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
(b) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(c) He is nervous about his decision.
(d) He has poor eyesight in the night.
3. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
(a) Duke d'Isle.
(c) The Bishop of Vannes.
(d) His title is not given.
4. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
(a) Prison Guard.
(c) Govenor of the Prison.
5. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
(a) He regards it as a great crime and it angers him.
(b) The fate of Louis saddens him.
(c) He is indifferent to the action.
(d) He views it as great luck for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
2. Why does Philippe have difficulty understanding what Anne of Austria whispers in his ear in Chapter 24?
3. In Chapter 26, which two countries does Aramis claim to have relations in?
4. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
5. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Porthos discovers that Aramis has been untruthful with him, what is his response?
2. Describe the two figures who take the king in custody when he finds himself taken from his room and in a subterranean passage.
3. How does Colbert prove to the king that Fouquet has embezzled money from the government?
4. What possible reason does D'Artagnan suggest for the small size of the secret door leading into the late Madame du Vallon's chamber?
5. What type of captain is Beaufort once he arrives in Toulon?
6. What is unique about the plates that Fouquet eats from?
7. How does Biscarrat try to convince the captain to let Aramis and Porthos go in Chapter 48?
8. What is unique about the carriage that transports Aramis and Porthos on their visit to Athos?
9. When D'Artagnan chides Louise at the grave of Raoul, what is her response?
10. Why does Louis refuse to forgive or pardon Aramis and Porthos even after Fouquet points out that they spared his life?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)