|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes King Louis to come to terms with his imprisonment in the Bastille?
(a) The appearance of his first meager meal.
(b) The sounds of other prisoners wailing in agony.
(c) The shadow of the prison bars cast by the morning sun on his wall.
(d) The appearance of a giant rat.
2. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(b) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
3. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) His own outfit to wear to the party at Vaux.
(b) A letter to give to M. Fouquet.
(c) A drawing of the king's clothing.
(d) Patterns for the garments of the king.
4. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
(d) Queen Anne.
5. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fouquet supposes that Aramis has intervened with the king to prevent his arrest in Chapter 21, how does he feel?
2. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
3. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
4. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
5. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 34, when Louise La Valliere learns that Raoul is going to Africa, what does her response portray about her regard for him?
2. Why does Mademoiselle Montalais think that Raoul is partly to blame for Louise becoming the mistress to the king?
3. Why is Moliere at M. Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
4. What is unique about Aramis's response to Porthos's death, as described in Chapter 52?
5. Although Louis refuses to relent and pardon Fouquet, what service does he do his wife in Chapter 54?
6. Why is Baisemeaux hesitant to take back the prisoner in Chapter 17?
7. In Chapter 1, how does Aramis define ambition to the prisoner?
8. In Chapter 41 as the King thinks back on D'Artagnan's service to him, how does he remember it?
9. When Fouquet's friends recommended that he flee the country and the mistreatment of Louis XIV, what is his response?
10. What do Raoul and Athos read upon a silver plate they find on Ste. Marguerite?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)