|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
2. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
(a) He is busy working on all of his financial records.
(b) He is training his apprentices.
(c) He is making five costumes for the King.
(d) He is making his own outfit for the party at Vaux.
3. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) A sword.
(b) The letter of release for Seldon.
(c) A large bag of money as a bribe.
(d) An order to reimprison Marchiali.
4. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
(a) He claims that Vaux belongs to his son.
(b) Fouquet claims to be the only true owner of Vaux.
(c) Vaux belongs to the king.
(d) He claims Vaux belongs to posterity and those hwo created it.
5. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
(b) Cardinal de la Rochelle.
(d) Monsieur de la Fere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
2. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
3. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
4. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
5. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is implied by D'Artagnan's warning manner towards Fouquet in Chapter 38?
2. Why is the jailer hesitant to tell the governor that the prisoner, Louis XIV, has gone mad and has broken his chair?
3. What type of feeling does Philippe have when he takes his brother's place in Chapter 20?
4. Why does Raoul want to go to Africa and join the army?
5. When Fouquet goes to take Aramis's hand before his departure in Chapter 21, what causes him to become horror-stricken?
6. On what grounds does D'Artagnan beg Aramis to tell him the truth and the designs behind his projects in Chapter 14?
7. Why does Mademoiselle Montalais think that Raoul is partly to blame for Louise becoming the mistress to the king?
8. How does Athos defend Louise to Raoul in Chapter 25?
9. When Porthos discovers that Aramis has been untruthful with him, what is his response?
10. What do Raoul and Athos read upon a silver plate they find on Ste. Marguerite?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)