|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(a) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
(b) The Queen.
(d) Aramis himself will come.
2. What does D'Artagnan request from the king before he arrest Fouquet?
(a) His instructions in writing.
(b) Additional men.
(c) A conference with the other ministers of state.
(d) A trial for Fouquet.
3. When the king leaves the passage in Chapter 17, where is he taken?
(a) He is taken to a waiting carriage.
(b) He is taken to the dungeon of Vaux.
(c) He is taken to a cave.
(d) He is taken to a shack in the village of Melun.
4. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
(a) He won a design contest for the wedding of Henry III.
(b) It is a hereditary title.
(c) He was appointed due to his social connections at court.
(d) He was elected by the guild of tailors.
5. In Chapter 21, how much time does Fouquet give Aramis to get out of reach of the king?
(a) One hour.
(b) One day.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Twelve hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
2. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
3. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
4. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
5. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about the plates that Fouquet eats from?
2. When Fouquet's friends recommended that he flee the country and the mistreatment of Louis XIV, what is his response?
3. Describe the two figures who take the king in custody when he finds himself taken from his room and in a subterranean passage.
4. What is Monsieur Fouquet's Epiureans?
5. How does Athos defend Louise to Raoul in Chapter 25?
6. Describe Porthos's demeanor when D'Artagnan comes to visit him in Chapter 2.
7. What is implied by D'Artagnan's warning manner towards Fouquet in Chapter 38?
8. Why does Mademoiselle Montalais think that Raoul is partly to blame for Louise becoming the mistress to the king?
9. What is unique about Aramis's response to Porthos's death, as described in Chapter 52?
10. When D'Artagnan chides Louise at the grave of Raoul, what is her response?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)