|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
(a) In Fouquet's bed.
(b) He refuses to sleep and spends the night pacing upright.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In an armchair.
2. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(b) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
3. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(b) The overthrow of Fouquet.
(c) The overthrow of Colbert.
(d) The attainment of a vast fortune.
4. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
(b) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(c) He wants to know who the king converses with.
(d) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
5. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
(a) He takes him into the prison by a secret passage.
(b) He forces the king to wear a sack over his head.
(c) He forces the king to wear a mask.
(d) He rings a bell and beats a drum to clear the passages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
2. Why aren't there fresh horses for Aramis and Porthos when they arrive at Orleans in Chapter 26?
3. In Chapter 21, how much time does Fouquet give Aramis to get out of reach of the king?
4. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
5. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Monsieur Fouquet's Epiureans?
2. Describe the village of Poitou that Aramis offers Phillippe a humble life of obscurity in.
3. What has Athos been preparing for in Chapter 57 and 58?
4. In Chapter 1, Aramis desires the prisoner to become King for what reason?
5. Although Louis refuses to relent and pardon Fouquet, what service does he do his wife in Chapter 54?
6. When Fouquet's friends recommended that he flee the country and the mistreatment of Louis XIV, what is his response?
7. Why does Louis refuse to forgive or pardon Aramis and Porthos even after Fouquet points out that they spared his life?
8. Describe the island of St. Marguerite as it is given in Chapter 31.
9. What type of feeling does Philippe have when he takes his brother's place in Chapter 20?
10. What is Fouquet's first impression of the king when he opens the cell in Chapter 22?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)