|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
(a) The carriage is broken and needs to be repaired.
(b) He does not want to take the carriage off of the road, but wants to have the conversation immediately.
(c) He does not want another carriage to stop and offer assistance to them.
(d) They want to abandon the carriage and not have it draw suspicion.
2. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
(a) The king.
(c) Louise La Valliere.
3. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
(a) The arrest of Fouquet.
(b) The arrest of Colbert.
(c) The discharge of several soldiers.
(d) The release of Fouquet.
4. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Aramis's home.
(c) St. Mande.
(d) The the palace.
5. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
(a) Colbert and Queen Anne.
(b) No one overhears the king.
(c) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(d) Two servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baisemeaux request from Fouquet before he can release the prisoner in Chapter 22?
2. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
3. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
4. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne of Austria respond when she sees both of her sons in the same room in Chapter 24?
2. Why is Baisemeaux hesitant to take back the prisoner in Chapter 17?
3. What is unique about the plates that Fouquet eats from?
4. On what grounds does D'Artagnan beg Aramis to tell him the truth and the designs behind his projects in Chapter 14?
5. Why does Mademoiselle Montalais think that Raoul is partly to blame for Louise becoming the mistress to the king?
6. What is unique about the carriage that transports Aramis and Porthos on their visit to Athos?
7. What type of captain is Beaufort once he arrives in Toulon?
8. When Fouquet goes to take Aramis's hand before his departure in Chapter 21, what causes him to become horror-stricken?
9. What does Moliere do to quell Porthos's indignation in Chapter IV, when it is proposed that he should be measured for his outfit?
10. What strange impression seizes both Raoul and Athos as they watch Aramis and Porthos depart in Chapter 26?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)