|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
(a) He has been stripped of his commission in the army.
(b) He has discovered Louise La Valliere's infidelity with the king.
(c) He has suffered from a long illness.
(d) His best friend has just died.
2. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
(a) He is Aramis's servant.
(b) He is one of Fouquet's painters.
(c) He is a messenger.
(d) He is a valet for Percerin.
3. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
(a) He attempts to escape.
(b) He stays in his bed and cries over his desperate situation.
(c) He burns incriminating papers.
(d) He writes a letter to the king begging mercy.
4. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
(a) He doesn't offer him any money, only freedom.
(b) A large measure of gold.
(c) One thousand pistols.
(d) Ten thousand francs.
5. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
(a) The ring of the king with the royal crest.
(b) An assortment of books about political history.
(c) A barber to cut Philippe's hair in the fashion of the king.
(d) Written notes on the king and society of the court.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
2. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
3. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What action does Fouquet suggest Louis take before they return to Vaux?
5. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Raoul and Athos read upon a silver plate they find on Ste. Marguerite?
2. What is unique about the plates that Fouquet eats from?
3. Describe the village of Poitou that Aramis offers Phillippe a humble life of obscurity in.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 8, what did the prisoner, Marchiali, arrive at the Bastile with?
5. How does Athos defend Louise to Raoul in Chapter 25?
6. Why is D'Artagnan perplexed and his conscience not at ease regarding the arrest of Fouquet in Chapter 19?
7. Why does Louis refuse to forgive or pardon Aramis and Porthos even after Fouquet points out that they spared his life?
8. In Chapter 1, Aramis desires the prisoner to become King for what reason?
9. How does Raoul feel about returning to Paris to meet Beaufort before leaving for Africa?
10. How does Anne of Austria respond when she sees both of her sons in the same room in Chapter 24?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)