|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
(a) Directly under the king's room.
(b) Directly above the king's room.
(c) Directly to the right of the king's room.
(d) Directly to the left of the king's room.
2. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
(a) He thinks Philippe would be superior.
(b) He thinks they are both equal in their faculties.
(c) He thinks Louis is the better king.
(d) He think neither of them would be suited to the job.
3. What action does Fouquet suggest Louis take before they return to Vaux?
(a) He suggests Louis take some rest with a short nap.
(b) He suggests Louis change his clothes.
(c) He suggests Louis have a good meal.
(d) He suggests Louis see a doctor about his wounds received in prison.
4. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
(b) Prison Guard.
(d) Govenor of the Prison.
5. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(b) She asks about Fouquet's family.
(c) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
(d) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
2. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
3. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
4. Why does Philippe have difficulty understanding what Anne of Austria whispers in his ear in Chapter 24?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Athos defend Louise to Raoul in Chapter 25?
2. What does Baisemeaux find ironic about the order for a prisoner's release he receives in Chapter 7?
3. How does Aramis's demeanor change in Chapter 8 when he writes a letter commanding Baisemeaux to release the prisoner?
4. What does Fouquet hope to gain by arriving in Nantes before the other advisers?
5. How does Anne of Austria respond when she sees both of her sons in the same room in Chapter 24?
6. What strange impression seizes both Raoul and Athos as they watch Aramis and Porthos depart in Chapter 26?
7. What type of feeling does Philippe have when he takes his brother's place in Chapter 20?
8. How does Beaufort maintain his grand style of living in Paris and in general?
9. Why does Athos desire to keep Raoul home when Beaufort first asks to take him on his journey to Africa?
10. In Chapter 41 as the King thinks back on D'Artagnan's service to him, how does he remember it?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)