|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) A large bag of money as a bribe.
(b) A sword.
(c) An order to reimprison Marchiali.
(d) The letter of release for Seldon.
2. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
(a) He thinks he's having a nightmare.
(b) He thinks it is an earthquake.
(c) He doesn't realize his bed is moving at all.
(d) He guesses he is being kidnapped.
3. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) The three fates.
(b) The Greek God of war.
(c) A lion and several prisoners.
(d) St. Peter in Bonds.
4. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
(a) Two servants.
(b) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(c) Colbert and Queen Anne.
(d) No one overhears the king.
5. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
(a) Ten thousand francs.
(b) He doesn't offer him any money, only freedom.
(c) One thousand pistols.
(d) A large measure of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
2. What does Porthos believe he is to receive for his part in the plot?
3. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
4. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
5. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne of Austria respond when she sees both of her sons in the same room in Chapter 24?
2. Why does Raoul want to go to Africa and join the army?
3. What do Raoul and Athos read upon a silver plate they find on Ste. Marguerite?
4. On what grounds does D'Artagnan beg Aramis to tell him the truth and the designs behind his projects in Chapter 14?
5. What reason does Valliere give for dissuading the king from arresting Fouquet at the party?
6. What is Monsieur Fouquet's Epiureans?
7. What type of captain is Beaufort once he arrives in Toulon?
8. As mentioned in Chapter 8, what did the prisoner, Marchiali, arrive at the Bastile with?
9. Describe the island of St. Marguerite as it is given in Chapter 31.
10. In Chapter 34, when Louise La Valliere learns that Raoul is going to Africa, what does her response portray about her regard for him?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)