|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fouquet request from the king regarding Aramis and Porthos in Chapter 23?
(a) He asks that they are pardoned.
(b) He asks that they are imprisoned for life.
(c) He asks that they are sentenced to death.
(d) He asks that they are exiled.
2. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
(a) The king.
(c) Monsieur Fouquet.
3. When Fouquet supposes that Aramis has intervened with the king to prevent his arrest in Chapter 21, how does he feel?
4. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A letter to give to M. Fouquet.
(b) His own outfit to wear to the party at Vaux.
(c) A drawing of the king's clothing.
(d) Patterns for the garments of the king.
5. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
(a) One thousand pistols.
(b) He doesn't offer him any money, only freedom.
(c) A large measure of gold.
(d) Ten thousand francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Philippe have difficulty understanding what Anne of Austria whispers in his ear in Chapter 24?
3. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
4. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
5. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the jailer hesitant to tell the governor that the prisoner, Louis XIV, has gone mad and has broken his chair?
2. What is unique about the carriage that transports Aramis and Porthos on their visit to Athos?
3. What was the cause and outcome of Fontaine's first duel as as recounted by Fontaine in Chapter 6?
4. How does Raoul feel about returning to Paris to meet Beaufort before leaving for Africa?
5. What are the events surrounding D'Artagnan's death?
6. How does Philippe describe the appearance of Colbert in Chapter 10?
7. What is the first tip that Aramis and Porthos receive that leads them to suspect that Belle-Isle is under attack?
8. What possible reason does D'Artagnan suggest for the small size of the secret door leading into the late Madame du Vallon's chamber?
9. In Chapter 34, when Louise La Valliere learns that Raoul is going to Africa, what does her response portray about her regard for him?
10. What does Moliere do to quell Porthos's indignation in Chapter IV, when it is proposed that he should be measured for his outfit?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)