|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
(a) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
(b) The king.
2. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(b) St. Mande.
(c) Aramis's home.
(d) The the palace.
3. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) Ten million.
(b) Thirteen million.
(c) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
(d) One million.
4. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) June 21.
(b) July 14.
(c) August 15.
(d) December 21.
5. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) A lion and several prisoners.
(b) The three fates.
(c) St. Peter in Bonds.
(d) The Greek God of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
2. What causes King Louis to come to terms with his imprisonment in the Bastille?
3. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
4. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
5. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fouquet hope to gain by arriving in Nantes before the other advisers?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 8, what did the prisoner, Marchiali, arrive at the Bastile with?
3. When Porthos discovers that Aramis has been untruthful with him, what is his response?
4. What is unique about Aramis's response to Porthos's death, as described in Chapter 52?
5. Describe the island of St. Marguerite as it is given in Chapter 31.
6. How does Athos defend Louise to Raoul in Chapter 25?
7. On what grounds does D'Artagnan beg Aramis to tell him the truth and the designs behind his projects in Chapter 14?
8. How does Beaufort maintain his grand style of living in Paris and in general?
9. What strange impression seizes both Raoul and Athos as they watch Aramis and Porthos depart in Chapter 26?
10. In Chapter 41 as the King thinks back on D'Artagnan's service to him, how does he remember it?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)