|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
(a) He says the king is too fatigued to receive anyone.
(b) He says the king is ill.
(c) He says the king is occupied with his mistress.
(d) He says the king has gone out for an early morning walk.
2. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
3. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
(c) He will not tell her what has upset him.
4. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(a) Aramis himself will come.
(c) The Queen.
(d) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
5. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
(a) A divorce will be consented to.
(b) She be killed by an assassin.
(c) She will be imprisoned with her husband.
(d) She will be married to Phillippe.
Short Answer Questions
1. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
2. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
3. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
4. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
5. How did the prisoner discover that the lady who visited him monthly during his childhood was the Queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 41 as the King thinks back on D'Artagnan's service to him, how does he remember it?
2. What does Baisemeaux find ironic about the order for a prisoner's release he receives in Chapter 7?
3. Throughout the festivities at Vaux when the king is entertained with a play and all sorts of special amusement, what is the king's demeanor?
4. How does Biscarrat try to convince the captain to let Aramis and Porthos go in Chapter 48?
5. What are the events surrounding D'Artagnan's death?
6. How does Raoul feel about returning to Paris to meet Beaufort before leaving for Africa?
7. In Chapter 21, when D'Artagnan asks Aramis when he became intimate friends with the king, how does Aramis explain their familiarity?
8. In Chapter 34, when Louise La Valliere learns that Raoul is going to Africa, what does her response portray about her regard for him?
9. In Chapter 1, how does Aramis define ambition to the prisoner?
10. Describe the village of Poitou that Aramis offers Phillippe a humble life of obscurity in.
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)