|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
(a) He asks for absolution and for fresh horses.
(b) He asks for a good meal and a comfortable bed.
(c) He asks for letters of introdution to court at Spain and supplies for travel.
(d) He asks for Athos to hide Porthos and to not reveal Aramis's destination to his pursuers.
2. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
(c) The king.
(d) Monsieur Fouquet.
3. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
(a) He stands gazing at the heavens.
(b) He kneels in prayer with his head constantly bowed.
(c) He paces back and forth in front of the carriage.
(d) He lays down on the ground and covers his face with his hands as he thinks.
4. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
(a) He gives it back to Baisemeaux.
(b) He burns it in the fire.
(c) He takes it for safe keeping.
(d) He tears it up.
5. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He is nervous about his decision.
(b) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(c) He has poor eyesight in the night.
(d) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
2. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
3. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
4. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
5. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
Short Essay Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 8, what did the prisoner, Marchiali, arrive at the Bastile with?
2. When Porthos asks what they should do if they see Biscarrat in Chapter 47, how does Aramis respond?
3. How does Biscarrat try to convince the captain to let Aramis and Porthos go in Chapter 48?
4. Why does Raoul want to go to Africa and join the army?
5. What is the first tip that Aramis and Porthos receive that leads them to suspect that Belle-Isle is under attack?
6. How does Athos defend Louise to Raoul in Chapter 25?
7. When Fouquet's friends recommended that he flee the country and the mistreatment of Louis XIV, what is his response?
8. What does Baisemeaux find ironic about the order for a prisoner's release he receives in Chapter 7?
9. How does Moliere end up tricking Porthos into being measured without him knowing it?
10. What type of disposition does Maria Theresa have as described in Chapter 12?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)