|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
(a) Ten thousand francs.
(b) He doesn't offer him any money, only freedom.
(c) One thousand pistols.
(d) A large measure of gold.
2. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
(a) He is a messenger.
(b) He is a valet for Percerin.
(c) He is one of Fouquet's painters.
(d) He is Aramis's servant.
3. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
(a) He is annoyed, but just continues on with his meal.
(b) He laughs that the prisoner has gone mad as if it is a joke.
(c) He sends a guard to silence Louis.
(d) He goes to see what the commotion is about.
4. Why aren't there fresh horses for Aramis and Porthos when they arrive at Orleans in Chapter 26?
(a) All of the horses are engaged by le Duc de Beaufort.
(b) Fouquet has laid a trap for Aramis and Porthos by having all of the horse squired to others.
(c) Aramis and Porthos do not have sufficient means to pay for the fresh horses.
(d) The king has commanded that Aramis and Porthos be stopped.
5. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(b) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
(c) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
(d) Aramis asks him to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
2. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
3. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
4. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
5. When Fouquet supposes that Aramis has intervened with the king to prevent his arrest in Chapter 21, how does he feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the jailer hesitant to tell the governor that the prisoner, Louis XIV, has gone mad and has broken his chair?
2. What has Athos been preparing for in Chapter 57 and 58?
3. When Fouquet's friends recommended that he flee the country and the mistreatment of Louis XIV, what is his response?
4. After D'Artagnan's horse dies from exhaustion, what does he do to continue pursuing Fouquet?
5. Why is Moliere at M. Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
6. What are the events surrounding D'Artagnan's death?
7. What does Fouquet hope to gain by arriving in Nantes before the other advisers?
8. Why does Mademoiselle Montalais think that Raoul is partly to blame for Louise becoming the mistress to the king?
9. What is unique about the plates that Fouquet eats from?
10. How does Moliere end up tricking Porthos into being measured without him knowing it?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)