|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
(a) He think neither of them would be suited to the job.
(b) He thinks Philippe would be superior.
(c) He thinks Louis is the better king.
(d) He thinks they are both equal in their faculties.
2. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
(a) He burns it in the fire.
(b) He takes it for safe keeping.
(c) He gives it back to Baisemeaux.
(d) He tears it up.
3. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
(a) He guesses he is being kidnapped.
(b) He doesn't realize his bed is moving at all.
(c) He thinks he's having a nightmare.
(d) He thinks it is an earthquake.
4. What does Porthos believe he is to receive for his part in the plot?
(a) A dukedome.
(b) The gift of a new palace.
(c) A fortune.
(d) A commission in the musketeers.
5. What is the king screaming when Fouquet stands outside his cell in Chapter 22?
(a) I am not Philippe!
(b) Death to Fouquet!
(d) Death to Aramis!
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
2. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
3. What does Athos provide Porthos and Aramis with in Chapter 26?
4. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
5. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first tip that Aramis and Porthos receive that leads them to suspect that Belle-Isle is under attack?
2. Why is Fouquet surprised that Aramis would lodge himself above the king in Chapter 11?
3. What is implied by D'Artagnan's warning manner towards Fouquet in Chapter 38?
4. What are the events surrounding D'Artagnan's death?
5. How does Colbert prove to the king that Fouquet has embezzled money from the government?
6. What is unique about the plates that Fouquet eats from?
7. What reason does Valliere give for dissuading the king from arresting Fouquet at the party?
8. When Porthos discovers that Aramis has been untruthful with him, what is his response?
9. Why does Athos desire to keep Raoul home when Beaufort first asks to take him on his journey to Africa?
10. How does Aramis's demeanor change in Chapter 8 when he writes a letter commanding Baisemeaux to release the prisoner?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)