|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
2. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(a) Red wine.
(b) White wine.
(c) De Vouvray wine.
3. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) They have a nightmare the night before.
(b) Their legs feel weak.
(c) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
(d) The find their first gray hair.
4. Who does Porthos think they are protecting the Belle-Isle from in Chapter 42?
(a) King Louis XIV.
(d) A false king of France.
5. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
(a) Wait for his replacement.
(b) Return to Nantes.
(c) Return to Paris.
(d) Attack without him.
6. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
(a) For his own death.
(b) To accompany Beaufort to Gigelli.
(c) For the king to die.
(d) To rekindle his romance with La Valliere.
7. What reaction does Athos have after he reads a letter from Aramis describing Porthos's death?
(a) He is peaceful with the knowledge that Porthos has gone to a better place.
(b) He falls into a fit of sobbing and cries for hours.
(c) He faints.
(d) He is angry at the king and writes a letter.
8. How do Aramis and Porthos know the father of the soldier they take prisoner in Chapter 46?
(a) His father attacked them on the first day of their friendship, when they met D'Artagnan.
(b) His father introduced the musketeers to each other many years before.
(c) His father was an innkeeper in Porthos's hometown.
(d) His father was a valet to Athos.
9. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
(a) Receiving information from friends.
(b) Seeing the other advisers as he leaves.
(c) Throwing notes out the window.
(d) Showing his face as the martyr of the king.
10. What does D'Artagnan think will be the fate of all of those who know the secret of Philippe?
(a) They will be imprisoned for life.
(b) They will live a life of fear.
(c) They will live quite indifferently to the secret.
(d) They will die.
11. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
(a) To Spain.
(b) To Cannes.
(c) To England.
(d) To Italy.
12. Which lady friend of Louise de la Valliere's accuses Louise of killing Raoul if he dies in Africa?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Mademoiselle de Tonnay-Charente.
(c) Mademoiselle de Montalais.
(d) No finds her bahavoir towards Raoul amiss.
13. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
(a) She wants him imprisoned for life.
(b) She wants him killed.
(c) She wants him pardoned and to return to his previous status.
(d) She wants him appointed Prime Minister.
14. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
(a) La Valliere and the King.
(b) The Queen and Colbert.
(c) Fouquet and La Valliere.
(d) The princess and De Guiche.
15. What do Fouquet's friends give him in the end of Chapter 15?
(a) New clothing and supplies for his journey.
(c) Letters of introduction to foreign courts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mouston in the end of Chapter 55?
2. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
3. Who has advised the king to spare Aramis's life in Chapter 54?
4. When Biscarrat leads the men into the grotto what does he refuse to take?
5. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)