|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fires a shot at Raoul and Athos on the Isle of St. Marguerite?
(b) The Governor.
(d) The sentinel.
2. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
(c) Madame de Chevreuse.
(d) The Queen.
3. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
(a) Return to Nantes.
(b) Return to Paris.
(c) Attack without him.
(d) Wait for his replacement.
4. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
(a) Asylum at a nearby fortress.
(b) A white horse.
(c) A fast carriage.
(d) A disguise.
5. What does D'Artagnan receive as soon as he returns to the fort in Chapter 32?
(a) A letter from Porthos.
(b) A gift from Fouquet.
(c) A letter from the king.
(d) A letter from Aramis.
6. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(a) De Guiche.
(d) The king.
7. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
8. When Biscarrat leads the men into the grotto what does he refuse to take?
(a) He armor.
(b) His sword.
(c) His uniform.
(d) His hat.
9. What do Fouquet's friends give him in the end of Chapter 15?
(b) New clothing and supplies for his journey.
(d) Letters of introduction to foreign courts.
10. While D'Artagnan is in audience with the King in Chapter 53, what news does a courier bring?
(a) That Aramis and Porthos have escaped.
(b) That Fouquet has escaped.
(c) That Philippe has died.
(d) That Raoul has died.
11. How does Aramis spend his night on the ship in Chapter 51?
(a) Playing cards with the servants.
(b) Crying for over the death of Porthos.
(c) Drinking with the sailors.
(d) Writing letters to his friends.
12. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
(a) He is being threatened by creditors outside of the city.
(b) The king has forbidden him to leave.
(c) He does not desire to flee.
(d) He is very ill.
13. What happens to Mouston in the end of Chapter 55?
(a) D'Artagnan discovers him dead on a pile of suits.
(b) He falls ill and takes to his bed for a slow demise.
(c) He becomes a valet for D'Artagnan.
(d) He retires to the country with all of Porthos's clothing.
14. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Madame de Chevreuse.
(c) Louise La Valliere.
(d) Mademoiselle Montalais.
15. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
(a) His boat is damaged and unable to sail.
(b) He dislikes Raoul.
(c) His boat is already engaged by Aramis and Porthos.
(d) He wants to stay and fish while the other boats are employed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
2. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
3. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
4. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
5. Who does Porthos think they are protecting the Belle-Isle from in Chapter 42?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)