|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) Their legs feel weak.
(b) The find their first gray hair.
(c) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
(d) They have a nightmare the night before.
2. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
(a) Mademoiselle Montalais.
(b) Louise La Valliere.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Madame de Chevreuse.
3. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
4. How do Porthos and Aramis attempt to escape in Chapter 46?
(a) Through the grotto of Locmaria.
(b) They attempt to swim away from the Isle.
(c) In disguise on a fishing boat.
(d) By wearing the uniforms of their prisoners and mixing with the attacking soldiers.
5. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
(a) D'Artagnan says yes the time has come and immediately arrests Fouquet.
(b) D'Artagnan claims he has no plans to ever arrest Fouquet.
(c) D'Artagnan says he will announce it loudly when the time comes for arrest.
(d) D'Artagnan tells Fouquet he will arrest him in one fortnight.
6. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
(a) He strikes him with an iron bar.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He drowns him in the river.
(d) He strangles him.
7. When D'Artagnan arrives back in Paris, who does he find has taken ill in Chapter 34?
(d) The king.
8. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
(a) Three days.
(b) One month.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) One week.
9. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
(a) To make La Valliere suffer.
(b) To keep a secret for Raoul.
(c) To defend La Valliere where possible.
(d) To never steal another man's love.
10. How do Aramis and Porthos know the father of the soldier they take prisoner in Chapter 46?
(a) His father attacked them on the first day of their friendship, when they met D'Artagnan.
(b) His father was an innkeeper in Porthos's hometown.
(c) His father was a valet to Athos.
(d) His father introduced the musketeers to each other many years before.
11. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
(a) He plans to visit Athos.
(b) He is going to Paris.
(c) He wants to return to Belle-Isle.
(d) He is leaving the country for Spain.
12. When Biscarrat leads the men into the grotto what does he refuse to take?
(a) He armor.
(b) His hat.
(c) His uniform.
(d) His sword.
13. What does Beaufort give Raoul as his first order?
(a) He asks Raoul to go ahead of him as far as Antibes and make preparations.
(b) He asks Raoul to help him pack his belongings.
(c) He asks Raoul to take a message to the king.
(d) He asks Raoul to secure a new horse.
14. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
15. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
(a) Allow Aramis to escape, but kill Porthos.
(b) Arrest Aramis and Porthos.
(c) Procure Fouquet's fortune from Belle-Isle.
(d) Kill Aramis and Porthos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confirms the death of Raoul to Athos?
2. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
3. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
4. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
5. While D'Artagnan is in audience with the King in Chapter 53, what news does a courier bring?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)