|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D'Artagnan receive as soon as he returns to the fort in Chapter 32?
(a) A letter from Porthos.
(b) A letter from the king.
(c) A letter from Aramis.
(d) A gift from Fouquet.
2. How does Aramis spend his night on the ship in Chapter 51?
(a) Writing letters to his friends.
(b) Crying for over the death of Porthos.
(c) Drinking with the sailors.
(d) Playing cards with the servants.
3. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
(a) To accompany Beaufort to Gigelli.
(b) To rekindle his romance with La Valliere.
(c) For his own death.
(d) For the king to die.
4. What happens to D'Artagnan's horse as he is pursuing Fouquet in Chapter 40?
(a) It is shot by Fouquet.
(b) It suffers a broken leg.
(c) It dies.
(d) It falls ills and lays down by the road.
5. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
(a) Louis XIII.
(b) Henry IV.
(c) Henry III.
(d) William the Conquorer.
6. Where does D'Artagnan offer to take Mouston in Chapter 55?
(a) Into the country for a respite.
(b) Back to the Chateau Vallon.
(c) To Athos's home.
(d) To his own home.
7. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
(a) She wants him killed.
(b) She wants him pardoned and to return to his previous status.
(c) She wants him appointed Prime Minister.
(d) She wants him imprisoned for life.
8. When Biscarrat leads the men into the grotto what does he refuse to take?
(a) He armor.
(b) His uniform.
(c) His hat.
(d) His sword.
9. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
(a) To Spain.
(b) To Italy.
(c) To Cannes.
(d) To England.
10. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) He is being threatened by creditors outside of the city.
(c) He does not desire to flee.
(d) The king has forbidden him to leave.
11. How do Porthos and Aramis attempt to escape in Chapter 46?
(a) By wearing the uniforms of their prisoners and mixing with the attacking soldiers.
(b) They attempt to swim away from the Isle.
(c) Through the grotto of Locmaria.
(d) In disguise on a fishing boat.
12. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
(a) Porthos has lost all of Aramis's money in poker games with the locals.
(b) Porthos has learned of Philippe and lectured Aramis about it.
(c) Porthos has sent a letter to the king.
(d) Porthos has sent off the last two fishing boats from Belle-Isle.
13. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
14. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Three days.
(d) A fortnight.
15. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has advised the king to spare Aramis's life in Chapter 54?
2. Which lady friend of Louise de la Valliere's accuses Louise of killing Raoul if he dies in Africa?
3. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
4. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
5. What reason does Colbert give D'Artagnan for conspiring against Fouquet in Chapter 41?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)