|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
(a) Madame de Chevreuse.
(b) The Queen.
(c) Louise La Valliere.
(d) Mademoiselle Montalais.
2. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
3. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(a) De Vouvray wine.
(b) White wine.
(c) Red wine.
4. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
(a) A disguise.
(b) A fast carriage.
(c) Asylum at a nearby fortress.
(d) A white horse.
5. How does Aramis spend his night on the ship in Chapter 51?
(a) Drinking with the sailors.
(b) Crying for over the death of Porthos.
(c) Playing cards with the servants.
(d) Writing letters to his friends.
6. What interrupts Aramis and Porthos as they are getting a boat ready to flee?
(a) D'Artagnan coming to their aid.
(b) A servant coming with their gold and silver.
(c) A pack of dogs chasing a fox.
(d) A courier with a letter from Fouquet.
7. While D'Artagnan is in audience with the King in Chapter 53, what news does a courier bring?
(a) That Philippe has died.
(b) That Fouquet has escaped.
(c) That Raoul has died.
(d) That Aramis and Porthos have escaped.
8. When Biscarrat leads the men into the grotto what does he refuse to take?
(a) He armor.
(b) His sword.
(c) His uniform.
(d) His hat.
9. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
(a) He plans to visit Athos.
(b) He is leaving the country for Spain.
(c) He wants to return to Belle-Isle.
(d) He is going to Paris.
10. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(a) Calvary Captain.
(b) Foot soldier.
11. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
12. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
13. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
(a) He strikes him with an iron bar.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He drowns him in the river.
(d) He strangles him.
14. What does D'Artagnan receive as soon as he returns to the fort in Chapter 32?
(a) A letter from the king.
(b) A letter from Porthos.
(c) A gift from Fouquet.
(d) A letter from Aramis.
15. What do Fouquet's friends give him in the end of Chapter 15?
(a) New clothing and supplies for his journey.
(c) Letters of introduction to foreign courts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
2. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
3. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
4. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
5. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)