|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
(a) Military advice.
(b) Love advice.
(c) He doesn't give him advice, just expresses his love for Raoul.
(d) Advice about decorum and manners.
2. Which lady friend of Louise de la Valliere's accuses Louise of killing Raoul if he dies in Africa?
(a) Mademoiselle de Montalais.
(b) No finds her bahavoir towards Raoul amiss.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Mademoiselle de Tonnay-Charente.
3. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
(a) To Italy.
(b) To Cannes.
(c) To England.
(d) To Spain.
4. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
5. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
(a) She wants him appointed Prime Minister.
(b) She wants him pardoned and to return to his previous status.
(c) She wants him imprisoned for life.
(d) She wants him killed.
6. What interrupts Aramis and Porthos as they are getting a boat ready to flee?
(a) A servant coming with their gold and silver.
(b) D'Artagnan coming to their aid.
(c) A courier with a letter from Fouquet.
(d) A pack of dogs chasing a fox.
7. What does Aramis show the captain of the ship in Chapter 51 that causes the captain to follow his orders.
(a) A sword.
(b) A signed letter from Fouquet.
(c) A ring.
(d) A signed letter from the king.
8. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
(c) The king.
9. How do Aramis and Porthos know the father of the soldier they take prisoner in Chapter 46?
(a) His father introduced the musketeers to each other many years before.
(b) His father was an innkeeper in Porthos's hometown.
(c) His father attacked them on the first day of their friendship, when they met D'Artagnan.
(d) His father was a valet to Athos.
10. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
(a) One month.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
11. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
(a) La Valliere.
(c) The king.
12. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
(a) Procure Fouquet's fortune from Belle-Isle.
(b) Arrest Aramis and Porthos.
(c) Allow Aramis to escape, but kill Porthos.
(d) Kill Aramis and Porthos.
13. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
14. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
(a) Madame de Chevreuse.
(c) The Queen.
15. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
(a) To defend La Valliere where possible.
(b) To never steal another man's love.
(c) To keep a secret for Raoul.
(d) To make La Valliere suffer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
2. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
3. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
4. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
5. Where does D'Artagnan offer to take Mouston in Chapter 55?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)