|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to D'Artagnan's horse as he is pursuing Fouquet in Chapter 40?
(a) It suffers a broken leg.
(b) It falls ills and lays down by the road.
(c) It is shot by Fouquet.
(d) It dies.
2. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
(a) Throwing notes out the window.
(b) Showing his face as the martyr of the king.
(c) Seeing the other advisers as he leaves.
(d) Receiving information from friends.
3. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
4. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(b) The king.
(d) De Guiche.
5. What reason does the king give for not telling D'Artagnan about Porthos's death when he knew of it in Chapter 54?
(a) The king was afraid D'Artagnan would not retain his post if he knew.
(b) The king wanted to punish D'Artagnan.
(c) The king wanted D'Artagnan to find out for himself.
(d) The king tried to send a message to D'Artagnan, but he did not recieve it.
6. What reason does Colbert give D'Artagnan for conspiring against Fouquet in Chapter 41?
(a) He claims Fouquet was holding him back from greatness.
(b) Colbert acted only on errand from the Queen.
(c) He was jealous of Vaux.
(d) He was upset after Fouquet stole his mistress.
7. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(a) White wine.
(b) Red wine.
(d) De Vouvray wine.
8. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
(a) To defend La Valliere where possible.
(b) To keep a secret for Raoul.
(c) To make La Valliere suffer.
(d) To never steal another man's love.
9. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
(a) Kill Aramis and Porthos.
(b) Procure Fouquet's fortune from Belle-Isle.
(c) Arrest Aramis and Porthos.
(d) Allow Aramis to escape, but kill Porthos.
10. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
(a) One month.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
11. What do Fouquet's friends give him in the end of Chapter 15?
(a) New clothing and supplies for his journey.
(d) Letters of introduction to foreign courts.
12. How does Aramis spend his night on the ship in Chapter 51?
(a) Crying for over the death of Porthos.
(b) Writing letters to his friends.
(c) Playing cards with the servants.
(d) Drinking with the sailors.
13. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
14. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
(a) He strikes him with an iron bar.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He strangles him.
(d) He drowns him in the river.
15. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
(a) Spy on their meetings.
(b) Take notes on their meeting.
(c) Send gift to them for their journey.
(d) Guard them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
2. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
3. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
4. Where does D'Artagnan offer to take Mouston in Chapter 55?
5. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)