|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
2. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(b) White wine.
(c) De Vouvray wine.
(d) Red wine.
3. What happens to D'Artagnan's horse as he is pursuing Fouquet in Chapter 40?
(a) It falls ills and lays down by the road.
(b) It is shot by Fouquet.
(c) It suffers a broken leg.
(d) It dies.
4. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
(a) Advice about decorum and manners.
(b) Military advice.
(c) He doesn't give him advice, just expresses his love for Raoul.
(d) Love advice.
5. Which lady friend of Louise de la Valliere's accuses Louise of killing Raoul if he dies in Africa?
(a) Mademoiselle de Montalais.
(b) The Queen.
(c) Mademoiselle de Tonnay-Charente.
(d) No finds her bahavoir towards Raoul amiss.
6. What reaction does Athos have after he reads a letter from Aramis describing Porthos's death?
(a) He is peaceful with the knowledge that Porthos has gone to a better place.
(b) He is angry at the king and writes a letter.
(c) He faints.
(d) He falls into a fit of sobbing and cries for hours.
7. Where does D'Artagnan offer to take Mouston in Chapter 55?
(a) Into the country for a respite.
(b) Back to the Chateau Vallon.
(c) To his own home.
(d) To Athos's home.
8. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
(a) La Valliere.
(b) The king.
9. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
(a) He dislikes Raoul.
(b) He wants to stay and fish while the other boats are employed.
(c) His boat is damaged and unable to sail.
(d) His boat is already engaged by Aramis and Porthos.
10. What reason does Colbert give D'Artagnan for conspiring against Fouquet in Chapter 41?
(a) He was jealous of Vaux.
(b) He claims Fouquet was holding him back from greatness.
(c) Colbert acted only on errand from the Queen.
(d) He was upset after Fouquet stole his mistress.
11. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
(a) The king has forbidden him to leave.
(b) He is being threatened by creditors outside of the city.
(c) He is very ill.
(d) He does not desire to flee.
12. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
(a) Send gift to them for their journey.
(b) Take notes on their meeting.
(c) Spy on their meetings.
(d) Guard them.
13. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
14. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
(a) A white horse.
(b) A disguise.
(c) A fast carriage.
(d) Asylum at a nearby fortress.
15. What happens to Mouston in the end of Chapter 55?
(a) D'Artagnan discovers him dead on a pile of suits.
(b) He falls ill and takes to his bed for a slow demise.
(c) He becomes a valet for D'Artagnan.
(d) He retires to the country with all of Porthos's clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
2. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
3. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
4. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
5. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)