|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has advised the king to spare Aramis's life in Chapter 54?
(a) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
(c) The Queen.
2. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
(a) D'Artagnan tells Fouquet he will arrest him in one fortnight.
(b) D'Artagnan says yes the time has come and immediately arrests Fouquet.
(c) D'Artagnan claims he has no plans to ever arrest Fouquet.
(d) D'Artagnan says he will announce it loudly when the time comes for arrest.
3. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
(a) Porthos has sent off the last two fishing boats from Belle-Isle.
(b) Porthos has learned of Philippe and lectured Aramis about it.
(c) Porthos has sent a letter to the king.
(d) Porthos has lost all of Aramis's money in poker games with the locals.
4. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
(a) To accompany Beaufort to Gigelli.
(b) For the king to die.
(c) To rekindle his romance with La Valliere.
(d) For his own death.
5. What do Fouquet's friends give him in the end of Chapter 15?
(b) Letters of introduction to foreign courts.
(d) New clothing and supplies for his journey.
6. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
(a) The king has forbidden him to leave.
(b) He is very ill.
(c) He is being threatened by creditors outside of the city.
(d) He does not desire to flee.
7. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(a) White wine.
(c) Red wine.
(d) De Vouvray wine.
8. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
(a) She wants him pardoned and to return to his previous status.
(b) She wants him killed.
(c) She wants him appointed Prime Minister.
(d) She wants him imprisoned for life.
9. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
(a) Three days.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
10. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
11. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A ring.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A letter.
(d) A necklace.
12. Where does D'Artagnan offer to take Mouston in Chapter 55?
(a) To his own home.
(b) Back to the Chateau Vallon.
(c) Into the country for a respite.
(d) To Athos's home.
13. What reaction does Athos have after he reads a letter from Aramis describing Porthos's death?
(a) He faints.
(b) He is peaceful with the knowledge that Porthos has gone to a better place.
(c) He falls into a fit of sobbing and cries for hours.
(d) He is angry at the king and writes a letter.
14. What does Aramis show the captain of the ship in Chapter 51 that causes the captain to follow his orders.
(a) A sword.
(b) A signed letter from the king.
(c) A ring.
(d) A signed letter from Fouquet.
15. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
(a) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
2. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
3. What does D'Artagnan tell Raoul and Athos to pretend to be in Chapter 31?
4. Which lady friend of Louise de la Valliere's accuses Louise of killing Raoul if he dies in Africa?
5. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)