|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
2. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
(a) To Cannes.
(b) To Italy.
(c) To Spain.
(d) To England.
3. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
4. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
(a) Advice about decorum and manners.
(b) Military advice.
(c) He doesn't give him advice, just expresses his love for Raoul.
(d) Love advice.
5. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
6. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
(a) William the Conquorer.
(b) Henry III.
(c) Louis XIII.
(d) Henry IV.
7. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
(a) He is ordered to follow Fouquet by D'Artagnan.
(b) He tries to pass Fouquet but is unable to.
(c) He doesn't out of respect.
(d) He wishes to take a more leisurely pace on his journey.
8. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
(a) D'Artagnan says he will announce it loudly when the time comes for arrest.
(b) D'Artagnan tells Fouquet he will arrest him in one fortnight.
(c) D'Artagnan claims he has no plans to ever arrest Fouquet.
(d) D'Artagnan says yes the time has come and immediately arrests Fouquet.
9. What does Beaufort give Raoul as his first order?
(a) He asks Raoul to take a message to the king.
(b) He asks Raoul to go ahead of him as far as Antibes and make preparations.
(c) He asks Raoul to help him pack his belongings.
(d) He asks Raoul to secure a new horse.
10. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
(a) Seeing the other advisers as he leaves.
(b) Receiving information from friends.
(c) Showing his face as the martyr of the king.
(d) Throwing notes out the window.
11. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
(d) The king.
12. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
(a) Madame de Chevreuse.
(d) The Queen.
13. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) Their legs feel weak.
(b) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
(c) They have a nightmare the night before.
(d) The find their first gray hair.
14. When D'Artagnan arrives back in Paris, who does he find has taken ill in Chapter 34?
(c) The king.
15. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
(a) He wants to stay and fish while the other boats are employed.
(b) His boat is damaged and unable to sail.
(c) His boat is already engaged by Aramis and Porthos.
(d) He dislikes Raoul.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
2. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
3. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
4. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
5. What does Aramis show the captain of the ship in Chapter 51 that causes the captain to follow his orders.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)