|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
(a) Mademoiselle Montalais.
(b) The Queen.
(c) Louise La Valliere.
(d) Madame de Chevreuse.
2. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
(a) She wants him appointed Prime Minister.
(b) She wants him killed.
(c) She wants him pardoned and to return to his previous status.
(d) She wants him imprisoned for life.
3. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
(a) D'Artagnan says he will announce it loudly when the time comes for arrest.
(b) D'Artagnan tells Fouquet he will arrest him in one fortnight.
(c) D'Artagnan claims he has no plans to ever arrest Fouquet.
(d) D'Artagnan says yes the time has come and immediately arrests Fouquet.
4. What do Fouquet's friends give him in the end of Chapter 15?
(c) New clothing and supplies for his journey.
(d) Letters of introduction to foreign courts.
5. What does D'Artagnan receive as soon as he returns to the fort in Chapter 32?
(a) A letter from the king.
(b) A gift from Fouquet.
(c) A letter from Aramis.
(d) A letter from Porthos.
6. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
7. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
(a) Asylum at a nearby fortress.
(b) A disguise.
(c) A fast carriage.
(d) A white horse.
8. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
9. How does Porthos die in Chapter 50?
(a) Falling rocks from the ceiling crush him.
(b) He is accidentally blown up while trying to light a fuse.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is run through with a sword.
10. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) They have a nightmare the night before.
(b) The find their first gray hair.
(c) Their legs feel weak.
(d) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
11. Who has advised the king to spare Aramis's life in Chapter 54?
(c) The Queen.
(d) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
12. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
(a) Spy on their meetings.
(b) Guard them.
(c) Send gift to them for their journey.
(d) Take notes on their meeting.
13. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
(a) Love advice.
(b) He doesn't give him advice, just expresses his love for Raoul.
(c) Military advice.
(d) Advice about decorum and manners.
14. What does Beaufort give Raoul as his first order?
(a) He asks Raoul to take a message to the king.
(b) He asks Raoul to go ahead of him as far as Antibes and make preparations.
(c) He asks Raoul to help him pack his belongings.
(d) He asks Raoul to secure a new horse.
15. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
(a) He plans to visit Athos.
(b) He wants to return to Belle-Isle.
(c) He is going to Paris.
(d) He is leaving the country for Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to D'Artagnan's horse as he is pursuing Fouquet in Chapter 40?
2. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
3. When D'Artagnan arrives back in Paris, who does he find has taken ill in Chapter 34?
4. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
5. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)