|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Athos promise to give Raoul when he returns from Africa?
(a) The capital of his estates.
(b) His blessing on Raoul's marraige to a woman of his choice.
(c) His title.
(d) His entire fortune.
2. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
(a) He does not desire to flee.
(b) The king has forbidden him to leave.
(c) He is being threatened by creditors outside of the city.
(d) He is very ill.
3. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
(a) For his own death.
(b) To accompany Beaufort to Gigelli.
(c) To rekindle his romance with La Valliere.
(d) For the king to die.
4. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
(a) Porthos has lost all of Aramis's money in poker games with the locals.
(b) Porthos has sent off the last two fishing boats from Belle-Isle.
(c) Porthos has learned of Philippe and lectured Aramis about it.
(d) Porthos has sent a letter to the king.
5. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
6. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
(a) Love advice.
(b) Military advice.
(c) Advice about decorum and manners.
(d) He doesn't give him advice, just expresses his love for Raoul.
7. How does Porthos die in Chapter 50?
(a) He is accidentally blown up while trying to light a fuse.
(b) Falling rocks from the ceiling crush him.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is run through with a sword.
8. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
(a) Receiving information from friends.
(b) Throwing notes out the window.
(c) Showing his face as the martyr of the king.
(d) Seeing the other advisers as he leaves.
9. Who has advised the king to spare Aramis's life in Chapter 54?
(b) The Queen.
(c) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
10. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(a) De Guiche.
(b) The king.
11. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
(a) Distributing all of his things of value to his friends and creditors.
(b) Taking all of his fine things to a friend's house for safe keeping until his return.
(c) Selling all of his fine things to fund his journey to Africa.
(d) Packing all of his treasures to take with him to Africa.
12. What reason does the king give for not telling D'Artagnan about Porthos's death when he knew of it in Chapter 54?
(a) The king wanted D'Artagnan to find out for himself.
(b) The king tried to send a message to D'Artagnan, but he did not recieve it.
(c) The king was afraid D'Artagnan would not retain his post if he knew.
(d) The king wanted to punish D'Artagnan.
13. While D'Artagnan is in audience with the King in Chapter 53, what news does a courier bring?
(a) That Raoul has died.
(b) That Aramis and Porthos have escaped.
(c) That Fouquet has escaped.
(d) That Philippe has died.
14. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A letter.
(c) A ring.
(d) A handkerchief.
15. After D'Artagnan agrees to cooperate and not resign his post in Chapter 53, what does King Louis offer?
(a) To promote D'Artagnan.
(b) To free Fouquet.
(c) To give D'Artagnan a large fortune.
(d) To pardon Aramis and Porthos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confirms the death of Raoul to Athos?
2. What happens to D'Artagnan's horse as he is pursuing Fouquet in Chapter 40?
3. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
4. What interrupts Aramis and Porthos as they are getting a boat ready to flee?
5. What do Fouquet's friends give him in the end of Chapter 15?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)