|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A letter.
(d) A handkerchief.
2. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
(a) He wishes to take a more leisurely pace on his journey.
(b) He is ordered to follow Fouquet by D'Artagnan.
(c) He tries to pass Fouquet but is unable to.
(d) He doesn't out of respect.
3. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
(a) We don't know who ordered the attack.
(b) The governor.
(c) The sentinel guard.
4. What happens to D'Artagnan's horse as he is pursuing Fouquet in Chapter 40?
(a) It falls ills and lays down by the road.
(b) It suffers a broken leg.
(c) It dies.
(d) It is shot by Fouquet.
5. What happens to Mouston in the end of Chapter 55?
(a) He becomes a valet for D'Artagnan.
(b) He retires to the country with all of Porthos's clothing.
(c) D'Artagnan discovers him dead on a pile of suits.
(d) He falls ill and takes to his bed for a slow demise.
6. Who has advised the king to spare Aramis's life in Chapter 54?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
7. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
8. At the last minute who decides to accompany Raoul on his expedition?
9. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
(a) D'Artagnan says he will announce it loudly when the time comes for arrest.
(b) D'Artagnan claims he has no plans to ever arrest Fouquet.
(c) D'Artagnan tells Fouquet he will arrest him in one fortnight.
(d) D'Artagnan says yes the time has come and immediately arrests Fouquet.
10. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
(a) Packing all of his treasures to take with him to Africa.
(b) Selling all of his fine things to fund his journey to Africa.
(c) Distributing all of his things of value to his friends and creditors.
(d) Taking all of his fine things to a friend's house for safe keeping until his return.
11. When Biscarrat leads the men into the grotto what does he refuse to take?
(a) He armor.
(b) His hat.
(c) His sword.
(d) His uniform.
12. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
(a) He wants to stay and fish while the other boats are employed.
(b) His boat is already engaged by Aramis and Porthos.
(c) He dislikes Raoul.
(d) His boat is damaged and unable to sail.
13. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
(a) Love advice.
(b) He doesn't give him advice, just expresses his love for Raoul.
(c) Military advice.
(d) Advice about decorum and manners.
14. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
(a) For his own death.
(b) To accompany Beaufort to Gigelli.
(c) To rekindle his romance with La Valliere.
(d) For the king to die.
15. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
(a) To make La Valliere suffer.
(b) To keep a secret for Raoul.
(c) To never steal another man's love.
(d) To defend La Valliere where possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
2. While D'Artagnan is in audience with the King in Chapter 53, what news does a courier bring?
3. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
4. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
5. What reaction does Athos have after he reads a letter from Aramis describing Porthos's death?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)