|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(b) The king.
(d) De Guiche.
2. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
(a) Throwing notes out the window.
(b) Seeing the other advisers as he leaves.
(c) Showing his face as the martyr of the king.
(d) Receiving information from friends.
3. Who fires a shot at Raoul and Athos on the Isle of St. Marguerite?
(a) The sentinel.
(d) The Governor.
4. When D'Artagnan arrives back in Paris, who does he find has taken ill in Chapter 34?
(b) The king.
5. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
(c) Madame de Chevreuse.
(d) The Queen.
6. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
(a) He does not desire to flee.
(b) He is very ill.
(c) The king has forbidden him to leave.
(d) He is being threatened by creditors outside of the city.
7. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
(a) He wants to return to Belle-Isle.
(b) He is going to Paris.
(c) He is leaving the country for Spain.
(d) He plans to visit Athos.
8. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
(a) D'Artagnan says yes the time has come and immediately arrests Fouquet.
(b) D'Artagnan says he will announce it loudly when the time comes for arrest.
(c) D'Artagnan tells Fouquet he will arrest him in one fortnight.
(d) D'Artagnan claims he has no plans to ever arrest Fouquet.
9. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
10. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
(a) He is ordered to follow Fouquet by D'Artagnan.
(b) He wishes to take a more leisurely pace on his journey.
(c) He tries to pass Fouquet but is unable to.
(d) He doesn't out of respect.
11. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
(a) Military advice.
(b) Advice about decorum and manners.
(c) He doesn't give him advice, just expresses his love for Raoul.
(d) Love advice.
12. What reason does the king give for not telling D'Artagnan about Porthos's death when he knew of it in Chapter 54?
(a) The king wanted D'Artagnan to find out for himself.
(b) The king tried to send a message to D'Artagnan, but he did not recieve it.
(c) The king was afraid D'Artagnan would not retain his post if he knew.
(d) The king wanted to punish D'Artagnan.
13. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
(a) To never steal another man's love.
(b) To defend La Valliere where possible.
(c) To make La Valliere suffer.
(d) To keep a secret for Raoul.
14. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A letter.
(d) A ring.
15. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
(a) Madame de Chevreuse.
(b) Mademoiselle Montalais.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Louise La Valliere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
2. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
3. At the last minute who decides to accompany Raoul on his expedition?
4. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
5. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)