|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the king give for not telling D'Artagnan about Porthos's death when he knew of it in Chapter 54?
(a) The king tried to send a message to D'Artagnan, but he did not recieve it.
(b) The king wanted D'Artagnan to find out for himself.
(c) The king was afraid D'Artagnan would not retain his post if he knew.
(d) The king wanted to punish D'Artagnan.
2. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
(a) His boat is damaged and unable to sail.
(b) He wants to stay and fish while the other boats are employed.
(c) His boat is already engaged by Aramis and Porthos.
(d) He dislikes Raoul.
3. What does D'Artagnan tell Raoul and Athos to pretend to be in Chapter 31?
(a) Fishermen who cannot read.
(b) Spaniards who don't speak French.
(c) Deaf gardeners.
(d) Blind servants.
4. When D'Artagnan arrives back in Paris, who does he find has taken ill in Chapter 34?
(c) The king.
5. How does Porthos die in Chapter 50?
(a) He is accidentally blown up while trying to light a fuse.
(b) He is shot.
(c) Falling rocks from the ceiling crush him.
(d) He is run through with a sword.
6. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
(a) For his own death.
(b) To rekindle his romance with La Valliere.
(c) To accompany Beaufort to Gigelli.
(d) For the king to die.
7. At the last minute who decides to accompany Raoul on his expedition?
8. Who does Porthos think they are protecting the Belle-Isle from in Chapter 42?
(c) A false king of France.
(d) King Louis XIV.
9. What does Aramis show the captain of the ship in Chapter 51 that causes the captain to follow his orders.
(a) A ring.
(b) A sword.
(c) A signed letter from the king.
(d) A signed letter from Fouquet.
10. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
(a) He tries to pass Fouquet but is unable to.
(b) He doesn't out of respect.
(c) He wishes to take a more leisurely pace on his journey.
(d) He is ordered to follow Fouquet by D'Artagnan.
11. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) Three days.
12. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
(a) He drowns him in the river.
(b) He strikes him with an iron bar.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He strangles him.
13. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
(a) Send gift to them for their journey.
(b) Spy on their meetings.
(c) Take notes on their meeting.
(d) Guard them.
14. When Biscarrat leads the men into the grotto what does he refuse to take?
(a) He armor.
(b) His uniform.
(c) His hat.
(d) His sword.
15. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Madame de Chevreuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Porthos and Aramis attempt to escape in Chapter 46?
2. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
3. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
4. What happens to Mouston in the end of Chapter 55?
5. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)