|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
(a) To Cannes.
(b) To England.
(c) To Italy.
(d) To Spain.
2. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
(a) To defend La Valliere where possible.
(b) To make La Valliere suffer.
(c) To never steal another man's love.
(d) To keep a secret for Raoul.
3. What reason does the king give for not telling D'Artagnan about Porthos's death when he knew of it in Chapter 54?
(a) The king wanted to punish D'Artagnan.
(b) The king tried to send a message to D'Artagnan, but he did not recieve it.
(c) The king was afraid D'Artagnan would not retain his post if he knew.
(d) The king wanted D'Artagnan to find out for himself.
4. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
5. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
(a) He strangles him.
(b) He strikes him with an iron bar.
(c) He drowns him in the river.
(d) He shoots him.
6. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
(a) He is leaving the country for Spain.
(b) He is going to Paris.
(c) He plans to visit Athos.
(d) He wants to return to Belle-Isle.
7. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
(a) Guard them.
(b) Spy on their meetings.
(c) Send gift to them for their journey.
(d) Take notes on their meeting.
8. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
(a) One month.
(b) Three days.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) One week.
9. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
10. How do Porthos and Aramis attempt to escape in Chapter 46?
(a) Through the grotto of Locmaria.
(b) In disguise on a fishing boat.
(c) They attempt to swim away from the Isle.
(d) By wearing the uniforms of their prisoners and mixing with the attacking soldiers.
11. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
(a) Taking all of his fine things to a friend's house for safe keeping until his return.
(b) Packing all of his treasures to take with him to Africa.
(c) Distributing all of his things of value to his friends and creditors.
(d) Selling all of his fine things to fund his journey to Africa.
12. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
(a) Return to Nantes.
(b) Return to Paris.
(c) Wait for his replacement.
(d) Attack without him.
13. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(b) Calvary Captain.
(c) Foot soldier.
14. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
15. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
(a) Allow Aramis to escape, but kill Porthos.
(b) Procure Fouquet's fortune from Belle-Isle.
(c) Arrest Aramis and Porthos.
(d) Kill Aramis and Porthos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D'Artagnan receive as soon as he returns to the fort in Chapter 32?
2. How does Aramis spend his night on the ship in Chapter 51?
3. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
4. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
5. What does D'Artagnan think will be the fate of all of those who know the secret of Philippe?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)