|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
2. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(a) De Guiche.
(d) The king.
3. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
(a) Return to Paris.
(b) Wait for his replacement.
(c) Attack without him.
(d) Return to Nantes.
4. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
(a) He does not desire to flee.
(b) He is very ill.
(c) He is being threatened by creditors outside of the city.
(d) The king has forbidden him to leave.
5. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A ring.
(b) A letter.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A necklace.
6. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
(a) He doesn't out of respect.
(b) He tries to pass Fouquet but is unable to.
(c) He is ordered to follow Fouquet by D'Artagnan.
(d) He wishes to take a more leisurely pace on his journey.
7. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
(a) Louise La Valliere.
(b) Mademoiselle Montalais.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Madame de Chevreuse.
8. While D'Artagnan is in audience with the King in Chapter 53, what news does a courier bring?
(a) That Fouquet has escaped.
(b) That Philippe has died.
(c) That Aramis and Porthos have escaped.
(d) That Raoul has died.
9. What reaction does Athos have after he reads a letter from Aramis describing Porthos's death?
(a) He faints.
(b) He is angry at the king and writes a letter.
(c) He is peaceful with the knowledge that Porthos has gone to a better place.
(d) He falls into a fit of sobbing and cries for hours.
10. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
11. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
(a) He strikes him with an iron bar.
(b) He drowns him in the river.
(c) He strangles him.
(d) He shoots him.
12. After D'Artagnan agrees to cooperate and not resign his post in Chapter 53, what does King Louis offer?
(a) To promote D'Artagnan.
(b) To free Fouquet.
(c) To pardon Aramis and Porthos.
(d) To give D'Artagnan a large fortune.
13. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
(a) Advice about decorum and manners.
(b) He doesn't give him advice, just expresses his love for Raoul.
(c) Military advice.
(d) Love advice.
14. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(a) Calvary Captain.
(d) Foot soldier.
15. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
(a) He dislikes Raoul.
(b) His boat is damaged and unable to sail.
(c) He wants to stay and fish while the other boats are employed.
(d) His boat is already engaged by Aramis and Porthos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
2. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
3. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
4. Which lady friend of Louise de la Valliere's accuses Louise of killing Raoul if he dies in Africa?
5. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)