|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
2. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
(a) To make La Valliere suffer.
(b) To defend La Valliere where possible.
(c) To keep a secret for Raoul.
(d) To never steal another man's love.
3. How do Porthos and Aramis attempt to escape in Chapter 46?
(a) In disguise on a fishing boat.
(b) By wearing the uniforms of their prisoners and mixing with the attacking soldiers.
(c) Through the grotto of Locmaria.
(d) They attempt to swim away from the Isle.
4. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
(a) Selling all of his fine things to fund his journey to Africa.
(b) Packing all of his treasures to take with him to Africa.
(c) Taking all of his fine things to a friend's house for safe keeping until his return.
(d) Distributing all of his things of value to his friends and creditors.
5. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
6. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
(d) The king.
7. While D'Artagnan is in audience with the King in Chapter 53, what news does a courier bring?
(a) That Raoul has died.
(b) That Fouquet has escaped.
(c) That Aramis and Porthos have escaped.
(d) That Philippe has died.
8. How does Porthos die in Chapter 50?
(a) He is shot.
(b) Falling rocks from the ceiling crush him.
(c) He is run through with a sword.
(d) He is accidentally blown up while trying to light a fuse.
9. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(c) Foot soldier.
(d) Calvary Captain.
10. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
(a) He plans to visit Athos.
(b) He is leaving the country for Spain.
(c) He wants to return to Belle-Isle.
(d) He is going to Paris.
11. What does D'Artagnan think will be the fate of all of those who know the secret of Philippe?
(a) They will be imprisoned for life.
(b) They will live a life of fear.
(c) They will die.
(d) They will live quite indifferently to the secret.
12. What reason does the king give for not telling D'Artagnan about Porthos's death when he knew of it in Chapter 54?
(a) The king wanted D'Artagnan to find out for himself.
(b) The king wanted to punish D'Artagnan.
(c) The king was afraid D'Artagnan would not retain his post if he knew.
(d) The king tried to send a message to D'Artagnan, but he did not recieve it.
13. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
(a) Porthos has sent a letter to the king.
(b) Porthos has sent off the last two fishing boats from Belle-Isle.
(c) Porthos has learned of Philippe and lectured Aramis about it.
(d) Porthos has lost all of Aramis's money in poker games with the locals.
14. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
15. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
(a) He strikes him with an iron bar.
(b) He drowns him in the river.
(c) He strangles him.
(d) He shoots him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
2. Who has advised the king to spare Aramis's life in Chapter 54?
3. What does Aramis show the captain of the ship in Chapter 51 that causes the captain to follow his orders.
4. After D'Artagnan agrees to cooperate and not resign his post in Chapter 53, what does King Louis offer?
5. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)