|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
2. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
(a) He is being threatened by creditors outside of the city.
(b) The king has forbidden him to leave.
(c) He does not desire to flee.
(d) He is very ill.
3. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
(a) Allow Aramis to escape, but kill Porthos.
(b) Procure Fouquet's fortune from Belle-Isle.
(c) Kill Aramis and Porthos.
(d) Arrest Aramis and Porthos.
4. Who confirms the death of Raoul to Athos?
5. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) The find their first gray hair.
(b) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
(c) They have a nightmare the night before.
(d) Their legs feel weak.
6. How does Porthos die in Chapter 50?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is run through with a sword.
(c) He is accidentally blown up while trying to light a fuse.
(d) Falling rocks from the ceiling crush him.
7. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
8. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
(a) Send gift to them for their journey.
(b) Take notes on their meeting.
(c) Guard them.
(d) Spy on their meetings.
9. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
(a) He wants to return to Belle-Isle.
(b) He is going to Paris.
(c) He is leaving the country for Spain.
(d) He plans to visit Athos.
10. What does Athos promise to give Raoul when he returns from Africa?
(a) His entire fortune.
(b) His title.
(c) His blessing on Raoul's marraige to a woman of his choice.
(d) The capital of his estates.
11. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
(a) Love advice.
(b) He doesn't give him advice, just expresses his love for Raoul.
(c) Military advice.
(d) Advice about decorum and manners.
12. What reason does the king give for not telling D'Artagnan about Porthos's death when he knew of it in Chapter 54?
(a) The king wanted to punish D'Artagnan.
(b) The king wanted D'Artagnan to find out for himself.
(c) The king tried to send a message to D'Artagnan, but he did not recieve it.
(d) The king was afraid D'Artagnan would not retain his post if he knew.
13. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
(a) He doesn't out of respect.
(b) He wishes to take a more leisurely pace on his journey.
(c) He tries to pass Fouquet but is unable to.
(d) He is ordered to follow Fouquet by D'Artagnan.
14. How do Aramis and Porthos know the father of the soldier they take prisoner in Chapter 46?
(a) His father attacked them on the first day of their friendship, when they met D'Artagnan.
(b) His father was a valet to Athos.
(c) His father was an innkeeper in Porthos's hometown.
(d) His father introduced the musketeers to each other many years before.
15. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
(a) To defend La Valliere where possible.
(b) To keep a secret for Raoul.
(c) To make La Valliere suffer.
(d) To never steal another man's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
2. Who does Porthos think they are protecting the Belle-Isle from in Chapter 42?
3. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
4. What do Fouquet's friends give him in the end of Chapter 15?
5. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)