|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Colbert give D'Artagnan for conspiring against Fouquet in Chapter 41?
(a) He was jealous of Vaux.
(b) He was upset after Fouquet stole his mistress.
(c) He claims Fouquet was holding him back from greatness.
(d) Colbert acted only on errand from the Queen.
2. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
(a) He plans to visit Athos.
(b) He is leaving the country for Spain.
(c) He is going to Paris.
(d) He wants to return to Belle-Isle.
3. What does Beaufort give Raoul as his first order?
(a) He asks Raoul to go ahead of him as far as Antibes and make preparations.
(b) He asks Raoul to help him pack his belongings.
(c) He asks Raoul to secure a new horse.
(d) He asks Raoul to take a message to the king.
4. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
(a) His boat is already engaged by Aramis and Porthos.
(b) His boat is damaged and unable to sail.
(c) He wants to stay and fish while the other boats are employed.
(d) He dislikes Raoul.
5. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
6. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
7. What does D'Artagnan tell Raoul and Athos to pretend to be in Chapter 31?
(a) Spaniards who don't speak French.
(b) Blind servants.
(c) Deaf gardeners.
(d) Fishermen who cannot read.
8. What does Aramis show the captain of the ship in Chapter 51 that causes the captain to follow his orders.
(a) A ring.
(b) A signed letter from Fouquet.
(c) A signed letter from the king.
(d) A sword.
9. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A letter.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
10. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(a) White wine.
(b) De Vouvray wine.
(c) Red wine.
11. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
(a) He is being threatened by creditors outside of the city.
(b) The king has forbidden him to leave.
(c) He does not desire to flee.
(d) He is very ill.
12. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
13. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(b) Foot soldier.
(d) Calvary Captain.
14. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
15. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
(a) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the king give for not telling D'Artagnan about Porthos's death when he knew of it in Chapter 54?
2. After D'Artagnan agrees to cooperate and not resign his post in Chapter 53, what does King Louis offer?
3. What happens to Mouston in the end of Chapter 55?
4. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
5. How do Aramis and Porthos know the father of the soldier they take prisoner in Chapter 46?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)