|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Porthos die in Chapter 50?
(a) Falling rocks from the ceiling crush him.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is accidentally blown up while trying to light a fuse.
(d) He is run through with a sword.
2. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
(a) A white horse.
(b) A disguise.
(c) A fast carriage.
(d) Asylum at a nearby fortress.
3. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
(a) She wants him appointed Prime Minister.
(b) She wants him killed.
(c) She wants him imprisoned for life.
(d) She wants him pardoned and to return to his previous status.
4. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
(b) Madame de Chevreuse.
(d) The Queen.
5. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) The find their first gray hair.
(b) Their legs feel weak.
(c) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
(d) They have a nightmare the night before.
6. What does Athos promise to give Raoul when he returns from Africa?
(a) The capital of his estates.
(b) His blessing on Raoul's marraige to a woman of his choice.
(c) His title.
(d) His entire fortune.
7. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
(a) D'Artagnan says he will announce it loudly when the time comes for arrest.
(b) D'Artagnan claims he has no plans to ever arrest Fouquet.
(c) D'Artagnan tells Fouquet he will arrest him in one fortnight.
(d) D'Artagnan says yes the time has come and immediately arrests Fouquet.
8. What does D'Artagnan receive as soon as he returns to the fort in Chapter 32?
(a) A gift from Fouquet.
(b) A letter from the king.
(c) A letter from Aramis.
(d) A letter from Porthos.
9. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(a) De Guiche.
(d) The king.
10. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
(b) The king.
11. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
(a) He plans to visit Athos.
(b) He is leaving the country for Spain.
(c) He wants to return to Belle-Isle.
(d) He is going to Paris.
12. What does Aramis show the captain of the ship in Chapter 51 that causes the captain to follow his orders.
(a) A signed letter from the king.
(b) A signed letter from Fouquet.
(c) A sword.
(d) A ring.
13. What happens to Mouston in the end of Chapter 55?
(a) D'Artagnan discovers him dead on a pile of suits.
(b) He falls ill and takes to his bed for a slow demise.
(c) He becomes a valet for D'Artagnan.
(d) He retires to the country with all of Porthos's clothing.
14. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
(a) He is ordered to follow Fouquet by D'Artagnan.
(b) He wishes to take a more leisurely pace on his journey.
(c) He tries to pass Fouquet but is unable to.
(d) He doesn't out of respect.
15. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
(a) William the Conquorer.
(b) Henry III.
(c) Louis XIII.
(d) Henry IV.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Fouquet's friends give him in the end of Chapter 15?
2. Who has advised the king to spare Aramis's life in Chapter 54?
3. What interrupts Aramis and Porthos as they are getting a boat ready to flee?
4. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
5. After D'Artagnan agrees to cooperate and not resign his post in Chapter 53, what does King Louis offer?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)