|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
(a) The governor.
(b) The sentinel guard.
(c) We don't know who ordered the attack.
2. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He strikes him with an iron bar.
(c) He strangles him.
(d) He drowns him in the river.
3. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(a) De Vouvray wine.
(b) White wine.
(d) Red wine.
4. When D'Artagnan arrives back in Paris, who does he find has taken ill in Chapter 34?
(a) The king.
5. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
(a) He is being threatened by creditors outside of the city.
(b) He is very ill.
(c) He does not desire to flee.
(d) The king has forbidden him to leave.
6. After D'Artagnan agrees to cooperate and not resign his post in Chapter 53, what does King Louis offer?
(a) To give D'Artagnan a large fortune.
(b) To free Fouquet.
(c) To promote D'Artagnan.
(d) To pardon Aramis and Porthos.
7. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
(a) Mademoiselle Montalais.
(b) The Queen.
(c) Madame de Chevreuse.
(d) Louise La Valliere.
8. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
9. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
(a) To rekindle his romance with La Valliere.
(b) To accompany Beaufort to Gigelli.
(c) For his own death.
(d) For the king to die.
10. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) One month.
(d) A fortnight.
11. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
(a) A fast carriage.
(b) Asylum at a nearby fortress.
(c) A white horse.
(d) A disguise.
12. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
13. While D'Artagnan is in audience with the King in Chapter 53, what news does a courier bring?
(a) That Philippe has died.
(b) That Raoul has died.
(c) That Fouquet has escaped.
(d) That Aramis and Porthos have escaped.
14. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(a) De Guiche.
(c) The king.
15. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A letter.
(c) A ring.
(d) A handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
2. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
3. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
4. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
5. What reaction does Athos have after he reads a letter from Aramis describing Porthos's death?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)