|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
(a) Return to Nantes.
(b) Attack without him.
(c) Wait for his replacement.
(d) Return to Paris.
2. What does D'Artagnan receive as soon as he returns to the fort in Chapter 32?
(a) A letter from the king.
(b) A letter from Aramis.
(c) A letter from Porthos.
(d) A gift from Fouquet.
3. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
(a) The king.
(c) La Valliere.
4. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
(a) Arrest Aramis and Porthos.
(b) Allow Aramis to escape, but kill Porthos.
(c) Procure Fouquet's fortune from Belle-Isle.
(d) Kill Aramis and Porthos.
5. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) He is being threatened by creditors outside of the city.
(c) The king has forbidden him to leave.
(d) He does not desire to flee.
6. Who confirms the death of Raoul to Athos?
7. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) They have a nightmare the night before.
(b) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
(c) Their legs feel weak.
(d) The find their first gray hair.
8. How does Aramis spend his night on the ship in Chapter 51?
(a) Crying for over the death of Porthos.
(b) Playing cards with the servants.
(c) Drinking with the sailors.
(d) Writing letters to his friends.
9. Who does Porthos think they are protecting the Belle-Isle from in Chapter 42?
(b) King Louis XIV.
(c) A false king of France.
10. What does D'Artagnan think will be the fate of all of those who know the secret of Philippe?
(a) They will live a life of fear.
(b) They will live quite indifferently to the secret.
(c) They will be imprisoned for life.
(d) They will die.
11. When D'Artagnan arrives back in Paris, who does he find has taken ill in Chapter 34?
(d) The king.
12. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
13. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
(a) He wants to return to Belle-Isle.
(b) He plans to visit Athos.
(c) He is leaving the country for Spain.
(d) He is going to Paris.
14. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
(a) Porthos has sent a letter to the king.
(b) Porthos has sent off the last two fishing boats from Belle-Isle.
(c) Porthos has lost all of Aramis's money in poker games with the locals.
(d) Porthos has learned of Philippe and lectured Aramis about it.
15. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
(a) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
2. After D'Artagnan agrees to cooperate and not resign his post in Chapter 53, what does King Louis offer?
3. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
4. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
5. Which lady friend of Louise de la Valliere's accuses Louise of killing Raoul if he dies in Africa?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)