|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
(c) La Valliere.
(d) The king.
2. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
(a) An order exiling D'Artagnan.
(b) An order that tells D'Artagnan to return to Nantes alone.
(c) An order that makes D'Artagnan prisoner.
(d) An order allows them to execute D'Artagnan if he resigns.
3. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
(a) The sentinel guard.
(c) We don't know who ordered the attack.
(d) The governor.
4. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
(a) Guard them.
(b) Spy on their meetings.
(c) Take notes on their meeting.
(d) Send gift to them for their journey.
5. Who confirms the death of Raoul to Athos?
6. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
(a) Louis XIII.
(b) Henry III.
(c) William the Conquorer.
(d) Henry IV.
7. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
(a) Return to Paris.
(b) Wait for his replacement.
(c) Attack without him.
(d) Return to Nantes.
8. What happens to D'Artagnan's horse as he is pursuing Fouquet in Chapter 40?
(a) It is shot by Fouquet.
(b) It falls ills and lays down by the road.
(c) It dies.
(d) It suffers a broken leg.
9. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
(a) To rekindle his romance with La Valliere.
(b) For his own death.
(c) To accompany Beaufort to Gigelli.
(d) For the king to die.
10. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
(a) Porthos has learned of Philippe and lectured Aramis about it.
(b) Porthos has sent a letter to the king.
(c) Porthos has lost all of Aramis's money in poker games with the locals.
(d) Porthos has sent off the last two fishing boats from Belle-Isle.
11. What reaction does Athos have after he reads a letter from Aramis describing Porthos's death?
(a) He is peaceful with the knowledge that Porthos has gone to a better place.
(b) He is angry at the king and writes a letter.
(c) He faints.
(d) He falls into a fit of sobbing and cries for hours.
12. Where does D'Artagnan offer to take Mouston in Chapter 55?
(a) Into the country for a respite.
(b) To his own home.
(c) To Athos's home.
(d) Back to the Chateau Vallon.
13. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
(a) The Queen.
(d) Madame de Chevreuse.
14. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
(a) Louise La Valliere.
(b) Madame de Chevreuse.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Mademoiselle Montalais.
15. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(b) De Guiche.
(c) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
2. After D'Artagnan agrees to cooperate and not resign his post in Chapter 53, what does King Louis offer?
3. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
4. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
5. While D'Artagnan is in audience with the King in Chapter 53, what news does a courier bring?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)