|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
(a) Procure Fouquet's fortune from Belle-Isle.
(b) Allow Aramis to escape, but kill Porthos.
(c) Arrest Aramis and Porthos.
(d) Kill Aramis and Porthos.
2. When Biscarrat leads the men into the grotto what does he refuse to take?
(a) His uniform.
(b) His hat.
(c) His sword.
(d) He armor.
3. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
(b) The Queen.
(c) Madame de Chevreuse.
4. Who has advised the king to spare Aramis's life in Chapter 54?
(c) The Queen.
(d) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
5. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
6. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
(a) To accompany Beaufort to Gigelli.
(b) For the king to die.
(c) To rekindle his romance with La Valliere.
(d) For his own death.
7. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
(a) Porthos has sent off the last two fishing boats from Belle-Isle.
(b) Porthos has learned of Philippe and lectured Aramis about it.
(c) Porthos has lost all of Aramis's money in poker games with the locals.
(d) Porthos has sent a letter to the king.
8. Who confirms the death of Raoul to Athos?
9. What reaction does Athos have after he reads a letter from Aramis describing Porthos's death?
(a) He is angry at the king and writes a letter.
(b) He faints.
(c) He is peaceful with the knowledge that Porthos has gone to a better place.
(d) He falls into a fit of sobbing and cries for hours.
10. What happens to Mouston in the end of Chapter 55?
(a) D'Artagnan discovers him dead on a pile of suits.
(b) He falls ill and takes to his bed for a slow demise.
(c) He retires to the country with all of Porthos's clothing.
(d) He becomes a valet for D'Artagnan.
11. Which lady friend of Louise de la Valliere's accuses Louise of killing Raoul if he dies in Africa?
(a) Mademoiselle de Tonnay-Charente.
(b) No finds her bahavoir towards Raoul amiss.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Mademoiselle de Montalais.
12. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
(a) He is ordered to follow Fouquet by D'Artagnan.
(b) He doesn't out of respect.
(c) He wishes to take a more leisurely pace on his journey.
(d) He tries to pass Fouquet but is unable to.
13. Where does D'Artagnan offer to take Mouston in Chapter 55?
(a) To his own home.
(b) To Athos's home.
(c) Into the country for a respite.
(d) Back to the Chateau Vallon.
14. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
(a) D'Artagnan claims he has no plans to ever arrest Fouquet.
(b) D'Artagnan says he will announce it loudly when the time comes for arrest.
(c) D'Artagnan tells Fouquet he will arrest him in one fortnight.
(d) D'Artagnan says yes the time has come and immediately arrests Fouquet.
15. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(a) Red wine.
(b) White wine.
(c) De Vouvray wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
2. What interrupts Aramis and Porthos as they are getting a boat ready to flee?
3. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
4. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
5. While D'Artagnan is in audience with the King in Chapter 53, what news does a courier bring?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)