|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Aramis and Porthos as they are getting a boat ready to flee?
(a) A servant coming with their gold and silver.
(b) A pack of dogs chasing a fox.
(c) D'Artagnan coming to their aid.
(d) A courier with a letter from Fouquet.
2. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
(a) La Valliere.
(b) The king.
3. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
(a) The king.
4. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
(a) Henry III.
(b) Louis XIII.
(c) Henry IV.
(d) William the Conquorer.
5. Who has advised the king to spare Aramis's life in Chapter 54?
(b) The Queen.
(d) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
6. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
(a) Mademoiselle Montalais.
(b) The Queen.
(c) Louise La Valliere.
(d) Madame de Chevreuse.
7. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
(a) D'Artagnan tells Fouquet he will arrest him in one fortnight.
(b) D'Artagnan says yes the time has come and immediately arrests Fouquet.
(c) D'Artagnan says he will announce it loudly when the time comes for arrest.
(d) D'Artagnan claims he has no plans to ever arrest Fouquet.
8. What does Beaufort give Raoul as his first order?
(a) He asks Raoul to go ahead of him as far as Antibes and make preparations.
(b) He asks Raoul to take a message to the king.
(c) He asks Raoul to help him pack his belongings.
(d) He asks Raoul to secure a new horse.
9. When Biscarrat leads the men into the grotto what does he refuse to take?
(a) His uniform.
(b) His hat.
(c) His sword.
(d) He armor.
10. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A letter.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A ring.
11. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
(a) The princess and De Guiche.
(b) Fouquet and La Valliere.
(c) The Queen and Colbert.
(d) La Valliere and the King.
12. Where does D'Artagnan offer to take Mouston in Chapter 55?
(a) Into the country for a respite.
(b) Back to the Chateau Vallon.
(c) To Athos's home.
(d) To his own home.
13. What do Fouquet's friends give him in the end of Chapter 15?
(b) New clothing and supplies for his journey.
(d) Letters of introduction to foreign courts.
14. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
15. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
2. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
3. How does Aramis spend his night on the ship in Chapter 51?
4. What reason does Colbert give D'Artagnan for conspiring against Fouquet in Chapter 41?
5. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)