|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Louise La Valliere.
(c) Madame de Chevreuse.
(d) Mademoiselle Montalais.
2. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
3. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) Their legs feel weak.
(b) The find their first gray hair.
(c) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
(d) They have a nightmare the night before.
4. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
(a) The king.
(b) La Valliere.
5. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
6. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(a) Foot soldier.
(b) Calvary Captain.
7. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
(a) Military advice.
(b) He doesn't give him advice, just expresses his love for Raoul.
(c) Advice about decorum and manners.
(d) Love advice.
8. Where does D'Artagnan offer to take Mouston in Chapter 55?
(a) Back to the Chateau Vallon.
(b) To his own home.
(c) Into the country for a respite.
(d) To Athos's home.
9. How do Aramis and Porthos know the father of the soldier they take prisoner in Chapter 46?
(a) His father was an innkeeper in Porthos's hometown.
(b) His father introduced the musketeers to each other many years before.
(c) His father attacked them on the first day of their friendship, when they met D'Artagnan.
(d) His father was a valet to Athos.
10. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
(c) The Queen.
(d) Madame de Chevreuse.
11. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
(a) Porthos has learned of Philippe and lectured Aramis about it.
(b) Porthos has sent off the last two fishing boats from Belle-Isle.
(c) Porthos has sent a letter to the king.
(d) Porthos has lost all of Aramis's money in poker games with the locals.
12. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) The king has forbidden him to leave.
(c) He is being threatened by creditors outside of the city.
(d) He does not desire to flee.
13. Who fires a shot at Raoul and Athos on the Isle of St. Marguerite?
(b) The Governor.
(d) The sentinel.
14. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(a) De Vouvray wine.
(b) Red wine.
(d) White wine.
15. What reason does the king give for not telling D'Artagnan about Porthos's death when he knew of it in Chapter 54?
(a) The king tried to send a message to D'Artagnan, but he did not recieve it.
(b) The king wanted D'Artagnan to find out for himself.
(c) The king was afraid D'Artagnan would not retain his post if he knew.
(d) The king wanted to punish D'Artagnan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D'Artagnan tell Raoul and Athos to pretend to be in Chapter 31?
2. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
3. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
4. Who has advised the king to spare Aramis's life in Chapter 54?
5. At the last minute who decides to accompany Raoul on his expedition?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)