|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Fouquet suggest Louis take before they return to Vaux?
(a) He suggests Louis take some rest with a short nap.
(b) He suggests Louis have a good meal.
(c) He suggests Louis change his clothes.
(d) He suggests Louis see a doctor about his wounds received in prison.
2. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
(a) A song for King Louis XIV.
(b) A painting for the king.
(c) The prologue to a play.
(d) A musical composition for the party.
3. In Chapter 26, which two countries does Aramis claim to have relations in?
(a) England and Spain.
(b) Portugal and Spain.
(c) Italy and Portugal.
(d) Denmark and England.
4. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The legitimacy of his birth.
(b) The persecution he has undergone.
(c) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(d) The will of the people.
5. What does Athos provide Porthos and Aramis with in Chapter 26?
(a) Fresh clothing.
(d) Fresh horses.
6. When the king leaves the passage in Chapter 17, where is he taken?
(a) He is taken to a shack in the village of Melun.
(b) He is taken to a cave.
(c) He is taken to a waiting carriage.
(d) He is taken to the dungeon of Vaux.
7. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
8. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A letter to give to M. Fouquet.
(b) Patterns for the garments of the king.
(c) A drawing of the king's clothing.
(d) His own outfit to wear to the party at Vaux.
9. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) December 21.
(b) August 15.
(c) July 14.
(d) June 21.
10. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(a) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
11. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
12. What does Porthos believe he is to receive for his part in the plot?
(a) The gift of a new palace.
(b) A dukedome.
(c) A fortune.
(d) A commission in the musketeers.
13. Why aren't there fresh horses for Aramis and Porthos when they arrive at Orleans in Chapter 26?
(a) All of the horses are engaged by le Duc de Beaufort.
(b) Aramis and Porthos do not have sufficient means to pay for the fresh horses.
(c) Fouquet has laid a trap for Aramis and Porthos by having all of the horse squired to others.
(d) The king has commanded that Aramis and Porthos be stopped.
14. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
(a) They were executed.
(b) They drowned.
(c) They were poisoned.
(d) They were hung.
15. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
(b) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
(c) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(d) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
2. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
3. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
4. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
5. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)