|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
(a) The carriage is broken and needs to be repaired.
(b) He does not want another carriage to stop and offer assistance to them.
(c) They want to abandon the carriage and not have it draw suspicion.
(d) He does not want to take the carriage off of the road, but wants to have the conversation immediately.
2. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
(a) The Bishop of Vannes.
(b) Duke d'Isle.
(d) His title is not given.
3. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
(a) He has been stripped of his commission in the army.
(b) His best friend has just died.
(c) He has suffered from a long illness.
(d) He has discovered Louise La Valliere's infidelity with the king.
4. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
(a) Monsieur Percerin.
(b) The King.
(c) A priest.
5. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
(a) An elephant.
(b) Arabian racehorces.
(c) A pack of hounds.
(d) A rare set of parrots.
6. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
(a) He attempts to escape.
(b) He stays in his bed and cries over his desperate situation.
(c) He burns incriminating papers.
(d) He writes a letter to the king begging mercy.
7. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The the palace.
(b) Aramis's home.
(c) St. Mande.
8. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
(a) He gets Baisemeux drunk and then persuades him.
(b) He claims that he saw the order signed in his presence.
(c) He writes a letter verfiying the order.
(d) He threatens Baisemeux with pistols to release the prisoner.
9. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
(a) The king.
(b) Monsieur Fouquet.
10. In Chapter 21, how much time does Fouquet give Aramis to get out of reach of the king?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) One day.
(d) Four hours.
11. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
(b) The king.
(c) Louise La Valliere.
12. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
(a) He had not been invited to a party at Vaux he'd hoped to attend.
(b) He had received bad news about his investments in Bracieux.
(c) His estate at Vallon was recently destroyed by a fire.
(d) He has no clothes that fit him.
13. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
(a) He takes him into the prison by a secret passage.
(b) He rings a bell and beats a drum to clear the passages.
(c) He forces the king to wear a mask.
(d) He forces the king to wear a sack over his head.
14. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
(a) They are indifferent to his story.
(b) They are angry at the hardship to befall Fontaine.
(c) They are saddened for the humiliation Fontaine suffered.
(d) They burst out into laughter.
15. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) Philippe's old cell.
(b) He is thrown in with several other mad prisoners.
(c) Baisemeaux's own quarters.
(d) The very bottom dungeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
2. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
3. When Fouquet supposes that Aramis has intervened with the king to prevent his arrest in Chapter 21, how does he feel?
4. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
5. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)