|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He is laughing at a joke made by Porthos.
(b) He laughs at a pleasant memory.
(c) He doesn't give a reason for his laughter.
(d) He is laughing over his good forutne.
2. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
(a) Duke d'Isle.
(b) His title is not given.
(c) The Bishop of Vannes.
3. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
(a) He refuses to sleep and spends the night pacing upright.
(b) In Fouquet's bed.
(c) In an armchair.
(d) On the floor.
4. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
(a) The king.
(d) Monsieur Fouquet.
5. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
(c) Queen Anne.
6. Why won't the guards allow Fouquet to enter the Bastille in Chapter 22?
(a) They dislike Fouquet.
(b) They are under orders to prevent Fouquet from entering the prison.
(c) They do not believe it is Fouquet.
(d) There is a riot going on in the prison and no one is being allowed in or out.
7. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) The overthrow of Colbert.
(b) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(c) The overthrow of Fouquet.
(d) The attainment of a vast fortune.
8. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(c) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
9. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(c) He does not name the criminal.
10. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
(a) He forces the king to wear a mask.
(b) He forces the king to wear a sack over his head.
(c) He takes him into the prison by a secret passage.
(d) He rings a bell and beats a drum to clear the passages.
11. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(a) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
(b) The Queen.
(d) Aramis himself will come.
12. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) July 14.
(b) December 21.
(c) June 21.
(d) August 15.
13. Once the king has been imprisoned in the Bastille, where does Porthos go?
(a) He goes to his chateaux.
(b) He goes into Paris to drink with some friends.
(c) He returns to Vaux.
(d) He stays at the Bastille to guard the prisoner until Aramis returns.
14. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) A lion and several prisoners.
(b) The three fates.
(c) St. Peter in Bonds.
(d) The Greek God of war.
15. What action does Fouquet suggest Louis take before they return to Vaux?
(a) He suggests Louis change his clothes.
(b) He suggests Louis see a doctor about his wounds received in prison.
(c) He suggests Louis take some rest with a short nap.
(d) He suggests Louis have a good meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aramis relates the whole conspiracy to Athos in Chapter 26, what is Athos's judgment?
2. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
3. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
4. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
5. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)