|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
(a) The prologue to a play.
(b) A painting for the king.
(c) A musical composition for the party.
(d) A song for King Louis XIV.
2. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is deaf and dumb.
(b) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(c) He is a musketeer.
(d) He is a relative of the king.
3. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
(a) He takes him into the prison by a secret passage.
(b) He rings a bell and beats a drum to clear the passages.
(c) He forces the king to wear a sack over his head.
(d) He forces the king to wear a mask.
4. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
(a) Duke d'Isle.
(b) His title is not given.
(d) The Bishop of Vannes.
5. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
(a) He steals the keys to several cells.
(b) He drops his hat out of the window as a signal.
(c) He switches the letter of release for a forgery.
(d) He puts some sleeping medicine in Baisemeaux's wine.
6. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
(d) St. Cloud.
7. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
(a) He is a messenger.
(b) He is a valet for Percerin.
(c) He is Aramis's servant.
(d) He is one of Fouquet's painters.
8. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Aramis's home.
(b) The the palace.
(c) St. Mande.
9. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
(a) He views it as great luck for him.
(b) He regards it as a great crime and it angers him.
(c) The fate of Louis saddens him.
(d) He is indifferent to the action.
10. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
(a) They were poisoned.
(b) They drowned.
(c) They were executed.
(d) They were hung.
11. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(b) The overthrow of Fouquet.
(c) The overthrow of Colbert.
(d) The attainment of a vast fortune.
12. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
(a) Lifetime imprisonment.
(b) Ten years impriosonment.
13. Why won't the guards allow Fouquet to enter the Bastille in Chapter 22?
(a) They are under orders to prevent Fouquet from entering the prison.
(b) They do not believe it is Fouquet.
(c) They dislike Fouquet.
(d) There is a riot going on in the prison and no one is being allowed in or out.
14. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
(d) St. Cloud.
15. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
(a) He claims Vaux belongs to posterity and those hwo created it.
(b) Fouquet claims to be the only true owner of Vaux.
(c) Vaux belongs to the king.
(d) He claims that Vaux belongs to his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the king has been imprisoned in the Bastille, where does Porthos go?
2. What house did the late Madame du Vallon have a chamber with a secret door in?
3. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
4. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
5. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)