|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
(b) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(c) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
(d) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
2. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(b) He wants to know who the king converses with.
(c) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(d) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
3. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
(a) One foot.
(b) One foot and a half.
(c) They are exactly the same height.
(d) Four inches.
4. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
(a) It is a hereditary title.
(b) He was appointed due to his social connections at court.
(c) He was elected by the guild of tailors.
(d) He won a design contest for the wedding of Henry III.
5. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
(a) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(b) Aramis and Fouquet.
(c) Porthos and Aramis.
(d) Colbert and Porthos.
6. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
(a) Jean de la Fontaine.
(d) Charles Perrault.
7. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
(a) He claims that Vaux belongs to his son.
(b) Vaux belongs to the king.
(c) He claims Vaux belongs to posterity and those hwo created it.
(d) Fouquet claims to be the only true owner of Vaux.
8. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
(a) He has been stripped of his commission in the army.
(b) His best friend has just died.
(c) He has discovered Louise La Valliere's infidelity with the king.
(d) He has suffered from a long illness.
9. Where does Fouquet suggest that Aramis should go as a place of refuge in Chapter 21?
10. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
(a) The position of his eggs when breakfast was served.
(b) The early rainshower in the morning.
(c) The position of his sword.
(d) The sound of an early morning bird call.
11. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
(a) He gives it back to Baisemeaux.
(b) He tears it up.
(c) He takes it for safe keeping.
(d) He burns it in the fire.
12. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
(a) A rare set of parrots.
(b) A pack of hounds.
(c) Arabian racehorces.
(d) An elephant.
13. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
(a) Playing music.
(b) Practicing fencing.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Writing poetry.
14. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
(a) A musical composition for the party.
(b) The prologue to a play.
(c) A song for King Louis XIV.
(d) A painting for the king.
15. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
(a) The ring of the king with the royal crest.
(b) An assortment of books about political history.
(c) Written notes on the king and society of the court.
(d) A barber to cut Philippe's hair in the fashion of the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes King Louis to come to terms with his imprisonment in the Bastille?
2. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
3. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
4. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
5. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)