|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
(a) He thinks he's having a nightmare.
(b) He doesn't realize his bed is moving at all.
(c) He thinks it is an earthquake.
(d) He guesses he is being kidnapped.
2. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is a musketeer.
(b) He is deaf and dumb.
(c) He is a relative of the king.
(d) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
3. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
(a) Written notes on the king and society of the court.
(b) An assortment of books about political history.
(c) A barber to cut Philippe's hair in the fashion of the king.
(d) The ring of the king with the royal crest.
4. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
(a) Four inches.
(b) One foot.
(c) They are exactly the same height.
(d) One foot and a half.
5. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
6. Who comes to visit Athos after Aramis and Porthos have left?
(b) The king.
(d) Le Duc de Beaufort.
7. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
8. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
(a) He sends a guard to silence Louis.
(b) He laughs that the prisoner has gone mad as if it is a joke.
(c) He goes to see what the commotion is about.
(d) He is annoyed, but just continues on with his meal.
9. Why won't the guards allow Fouquet to enter the Bastille in Chapter 22?
(a) There is a riot going on in the prison and no one is being allowed in or out.
(b) They dislike Fouquet.
(c) They do not believe it is Fouquet.
(d) They are under orders to prevent Fouquet from entering the prison.
10. Once the king has been imprisoned in the Bastille, where does Porthos go?
(a) He returns to Vaux.
(b) He goes to his chateaux.
(c) He goes into Paris to drink with some friends.
(d) He stays at the Bastille to guard the prisoner until Aramis returns.
11. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) Baisemeaux's own quarters.
(b) Philippe's old cell.
(c) He is thrown in with several other mad prisoners.
(d) The very bottom dungeon.
12. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
(a) He won a design contest for the wedding of Henry III.
(b) He was appointed due to his social connections at court.
(c) He was elected by the guild of tailors.
(d) It is a hereditary title.
13. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
(a) A rare set of parrots.
(b) Arabian racehorces.
(c) A pack of hounds.
(d) An elephant.
14. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
(a) He lays down on the ground and covers his face with his hands as he thinks.
(b) He stands gazing at the heavens.
(c) He paces back and forth in front of the carriage.
(d) He kneels in prayer with his head constantly bowed.
15. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
(c) St. Cloud.
Short Answer Questions
1. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
2. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
3. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
5. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)