|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
(a) The position of his eggs when breakfast was served.
(b) The early rainshower in the morning.
(c) The sound of an early morning bird call.
(d) The position of his sword.
2. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
(a) Queen Anne.
3. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
(a) She will be married to Phillippe.
(b) A divorce will be consented to.
(c) She will be imprisoned with her husband.
(d) She be killed by an assassin.
4. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
(a) One foot and a half.
(b) One foot.
(c) Four inches.
(d) They are exactly the same height.
5. Why does Philippe have difficulty understanding what Anne of Austria whispers in his ear in Chapter 24?
(a) He does not speak Spanish.
(b) He is deaf in one ear.
(c) He does not have difficulty understanding her.
(d) The queen references something Philippe is unaware of.
6. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
(a) The discharge of several soldiers.
(b) The arrest of Colbert.
(c) The release of Fouquet.
(d) The arrest of Fouquet.
7. What does Baisemeaux request from Fouquet before he can release the prisoner in Chapter 22?
(a) An order signed by Aramis.
(b) An order signed by Fouquet.
(c) A signed order from the king.
(d) Proof of Fouquet's identity.
8. What does Baisemeaux do after he receives the order for the king's release from Fouquet endorsed by Louis?
(a) He strikes his own jaw with his fist.
(b) He puts his head in his hands and cries.
(c) He writes his account of what happened.
(d) He flees the Bastille.
9. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
10. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
(a) He says the king has gone out for an early morning walk.
(b) He says the king is too fatigued to receive anyone.
(c) He says the king is occupied with his mistress.
(d) He says the king is ill.
11. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
(a) Directly to the left of the king's room.
(b) Directly above the king's room.
(c) Directly under the king's room.
(d) Directly to the right of the king's room.
12. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
(a) Vaux belongs to the king.
(b) He claims Vaux belongs to posterity and those hwo created it.
(c) Fouquet claims to be the only true owner of Vaux.
(d) He claims that Vaux belongs to his son.
13. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(b) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(c) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(d) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
14. At what time of night was Louis XIV taken from his bed?
(a) The precise time of the switch is not known.
(b) Just before dawn.
(c) Just after dusk.
(d) Between twelve and one o'clock.
15. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
(a) He rings a bell and beats a drum to clear the passages.
(b) He takes him into the prison by a secret passage.
(c) He forces the king to wear a mask.
(d) He forces the king to wear a sack over his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, how much time does Fouquet give Aramis to get out of reach of the king?
2. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
3. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
4. In Chapter 26, which two countries does Aramis claim to have relations in?
5. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)