|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
(a) A tip from a servant.
(b) A conversation between Aramis and Philippe he overheard.
(c) A private letter of Aramis's that he has intercepted.
(d) His instincts.
2. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
(a) One thousand pistoles.
(b) He loses money, but is given one hundred pistoles as a consolation.
(c) He does not lose or win anything, but breaks even.
(d) Three thousand pistoles.
3. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
(a) He is busy working on all of his financial records.
(b) He is training his apprentices.
(c) He is making five costumes for the King.
(d) He is making his own outfit for the party at Vaux.
4. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
(a) He burns it in the fire.
(b) He gives it back to Baisemeaux.
(c) He takes it for safe keeping.
(d) He tears it up.
5. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(b) He is a relative of the king.
(c) He is deaf and dumb.
(d) He is a musketeer.
6. Once the king has been imprisoned in the Bastille, where does Porthos go?
(a) He goes into Paris to drink with some friends.
(b) He returns to Vaux.
(c) He stays at the Bastille to guard the prisoner until Aramis returns.
(d) He goes to his chateaux.
7. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
(a) They were executed.
(b) They were poisoned.
(c) They drowned.
(d) They were hung.
8. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
(b) St. Cloud.
9. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) A lion and several prisoners.
(b) St. Peter in Bonds.
(c) The Greek God of war.
(d) The three fates.
10. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
(a) One foot and a half.
(b) Four inches.
(c) They are exactly the same height.
(d) One foot.
11. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In an armchair.
(c) He refuses to sleep and spends the night pacing upright.
(d) In Fouquet's bed.
12. What is the king screaming when Fouquet stands outside his cell in Chapter 22?
(a) Death to Fouquet!
(b) I am not Philippe!
(c) Death to Aramis!
13. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The will of the people.
(b) The persecution he has undergone.
(c) The legitimacy of his birth.
(d) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
14. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
(c) The king himself.
(d) The Queen.
15. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
(a) He drops his hat out of the window as a signal.
(b) He steals the keys to several cells.
(c) He puts some sleeping medicine in Baisemeaux's wine.
(d) He switches the letter of release for a forgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fouquet supposes that Aramis has intervened with the king to prevent his arrest in Chapter 21, how does he feel?
2. What does Baisemeaux do after he receives the order for the king's release from Fouquet endorsed by Louis?
3. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
5. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)