|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
(a) The early rainshower in the morning.
(b) The position of his eggs when breakfast was served.
(c) The position of his sword.
(d) The sound of an early morning bird call.
2. When Fouquet supposes that Aramis has intervened with the king to prevent his arrest in Chapter 21, how does he feel?
3. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
(a) A tip from a servant.
(b) A private letter of Aramis's that he has intercepted.
(c) His instincts.
(d) A conversation between Aramis and Philippe he overheard.
4. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
(a) He guesses he is being kidnapped.
(b) He thinks it is an earthquake.
(c) He doesn't realize his bed is moving at all.
(d) He thinks he's having a nightmare.
5. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(b) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
(c) Aramis asks him to stay.
(d) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
6. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He has poor eyesight in the night.
(b) He is nervous about his decision.
(c) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(d) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
7. In Chapter 26, which two countries does Aramis claim to have relations in?
(a) Portugal and Spain.
(b) Italy and Portugal.
(c) Denmark and England.
(d) England and Spain.
8. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
(a) He is indifferent to the action.
(b) The fate of Louis saddens him.
(c) He views it as great luck for him.
(d) He regards it as a great crime and it angers him.
9. When Aramis relates the whole conspiracy to Athos in Chapter 26, what is Athos's judgment?
(a) Fouquet is a fool.
(b) The conspiracy was a crime.
(c) It was a poor idea of Aramis's.
(d) Philiippe deserves to be king.
10. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
(a) The voice of the king telling him they'll meet later.
(b) The arrival of the king's servant with breakfast.
(c) Aramis's persuasion.
(d) A note signed by the king.
11. Where does Fouquet suggest that Aramis should go as a place of refuge in Chapter 21?
12. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
(a) Playing music.
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Practicing fencing.
13. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
(a) Monsieur Fouquet.
(b) The king.
14. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He is laughing over his good forutne.
(b) He laughs at a pleasant memory.
(c) He doesn't give a reason for his laughter.
(d) He is laughing at a joke made by Porthos.
15. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
2. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
3. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
4. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)