|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
(a) He has discovered Louise La Valliere's infidelity with the king.
(b) He has been stripped of his commission in the army.
(c) His best friend has just died.
(d) He has suffered from a long illness.
2. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(a) The Queen.
(c) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
(d) Aramis himself will come.
3. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(b) He does not name the criminal.
4. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) June 21.
(b) December 21.
(c) August 15.
(d) July 14.
5. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
(a) Prison Guard.
(b) Govenor of the Prison.
6. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(b) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(c) He wants to rest for the evening.
(d) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
7. Why does Philippe have difficulty understanding what Anne of Austria whispers in his ear in Chapter 24?
(a) The queen references something Philippe is unaware of.
(b) He is deaf in one ear.
(c) He does not speak Spanish.
(d) He does not have difficulty understanding her.
8. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
(a) The King.
(c) Monsieur Percerin.
(d) A priest.
9. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
(a) He think neither of them would be suited to the job.
(b) He thinks Philippe would be superior.
(c) He thinks Louis is the better king.
(d) He thinks they are both equal in their faculties.
10. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(b) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(c) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(d) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
11. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
(a) The ring of the king with the royal crest.
(b) An assortment of books about political history.
(c) Written notes on the king and society of the court.
(d) A barber to cut Philippe's hair in the fashion of the king.
12. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
(a) He guesses he is being kidnapped.
(b) He thinks it is an earthquake.
(c) He doesn't realize his bed is moving at all.
(d) He thinks he's having a nightmare.
13. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
(a) Ten years impriosonment.
(b) Lifetime imprisonment.
14. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
(a) One foot.
(b) One foot and a half.
(c) They are exactly the same height.
(d) Four inches.
15. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
2. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
3. What is the name of the play being composed for the fete at Vaux in Chapter 6?
4. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
5. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)