|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
(a) A rare set of parrots.
(b) Arabian racehorces.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A pack of hounds.
2. Who is the architect of Vaux-le-Vicomte?
3. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
(a) They are exactly the same height.
(b) Four inches.
(c) One foot.
(d) One foot and a half.
4. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
(a) Monsieur de la Fere.
(c) Cardinal de la Rochelle.
5. What does Athos provide Porthos and Aramis with in Chapter 26?
(c) Fresh horses.
(d) Fresh clothing.
6. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
(a) He gives it back to Baisemeaux.
(b) He tears it up.
(c) He burns it in the fire.
(d) He takes it for safe keeping.
7. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
(a) Charles Perrault.
(d) Jean de la Fontaine.
8. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
9. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
(a) One thousand pistols.
(b) Ten thousand francs.
(c) He doesn't offer him any money, only freedom.
(d) A large measure of gold.
10. What causes King Louis to come to terms with his imprisonment in the Bastille?
(a) The sounds of other prisoners wailing in agony.
(b) The appearance of his first meager meal.
(c) The shadow of the prison bars cast by the morning sun on his wall.
(d) The appearance of a giant rat.
11. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(a) The Queen.
(c) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
(d) Aramis himself will come.
12. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(b) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(c) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(d) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
13. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
(a) A musical composition for the party.
(b) A painting for the king.
(c) A song for King Louis XIV.
(d) The prologue to a play.
14. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
(a) The early rainshower in the morning.
(b) The position of his sword.
(c) The position of his eggs when breakfast was served.
(d) The sound of an early morning bird call.
15. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
(a) The Bishop of Vannes.
(b) Duke d'Isle.
(c) His title is not given.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D'Artagnan request from the king before he arrest Fouquet?
2. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
3. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
4. What does Fouquet request of Aramis after he draws his sword in Chapter 21?
5. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)