|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
(a) Written notes on the king and society of the court.
(b) A barber to cut Philippe's hair in the fashion of the king.
(c) An assortment of books about political history.
(d) The ring of the king with the royal crest.
2. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
(a) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
(d) The king.
3. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
(a) Directly under the king's room.
(b) Directly to the right of the king's room.
(c) Directly to the left of the king's room.
(d) Directly above the king's room.
4. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
(a) He says the king is occupied with his mistress.
(b) He says the king is ill.
(c) He says the king has gone out for an early morning walk.
(d) He says the king is too fatigued to receive anyone.
5. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
(b) Queen Anne.
6. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
(a) They drowned.
(b) They were poisoned.
(c) They were executed.
(d) They were hung.
7. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
(a) D'Artagnan does not know Aramis is gone.
(b) D'Artagnan notices a difference in Philippe that he cannot identify.
(c) D'Artagnan does not understand the king's friendliness with Aramis.
(d) D'Artagnan believes that Aramis is on a mission for the king.
8. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(b) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(c) He wants to rest for the evening.
(d) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
9. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
10. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The king himself.
11. Why won't the guards allow Fouquet to enter the Bastille in Chapter 22?
(a) They dislike Fouquet.
(b) They are under orders to prevent Fouquet from entering the prison.
(c) There is a riot going on in the prison and no one is being allowed in or out.
(d) They do not believe it is Fouquet.
12. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
(b) St. Cloud.
13. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
(a) He thinks Louis is the better king.
(b) He think neither of them would be suited to the job.
(c) He thinks they are both equal in their faculties.
(d) He thinks Philippe would be superior.
14. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
(a) A servant coming with a message.
(b) A problem in the prison.
(c) A courier with a letter of release.
(d) Baisemeux's wife enters with an invitation from Fouquet.
15. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) The overthrow of Fouquet.
(b) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(c) The overthrow of Colbert.
(d) The attainment of a vast fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
2. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
3. When Fouquet supposes that Aramis has intervened with the king to prevent his arrest in Chapter 21, how does he feel?
4. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)