|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Philippe have difficulty understanding what Anne of Austria whispers in his ear in Chapter 24?
(a) He is deaf in one ear.
(b) He does not have difficulty understanding her.
(c) The queen references something Philippe is unaware of.
(d) He does not speak Spanish.
2. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
(a) He refuses to sleep and spends the night pacing upright.
(b) In Fouquet's bed.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In an armchair.
3. Why won't the guards allow Fouquet to enter the Bastille in Chapter 22?
(a) They do not believe it is Fouquet.
(b) They are under orders to prevent Fouquet from entering the prison.
(c) There is a riot going on in the prison and no one is being allowed in or out.
(d) They dislike Fouquet.
4. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
(d) He will not tell her what has upset him.
5. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
(b) The king.
(d) Monsieur Fouquet.
6. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
(b) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
(c) The king.
7. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
(a) He gives it back to Baisemeaux.
(b) He tears it up.
(c) He takes it for safe keeping.
(d) He burns it in the fire.
8. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
9. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) St. Mande.
(c) The the palace.
(d) Aramis's home.
10. What house did the late Madame du Vallon have a chamber with a secret door in?
(b) Chateau of Pierrefonds.
11. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
12. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
(a) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(b) Two servants.
(c) Colbert and Queen Anne.
(d) No one overhears the king.
13. What does Athos provide Porthos and Aramis with in Chapter 26?
(b) Fresh clothing.
(c) Fresh horses.
14. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(d) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
15. In Chapter 26, which two countries does Aramis claim to have relations in?
(a) Denmark and England.
(b) Italy and Portugal.
(c) Portugal and Spain.
(d) England and Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
2. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
3. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
4. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
5. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)