|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) St. Peter in Bonds.
(b) The Greek God of war.
(c) The three fates.
(d) A lion and several prisoners.
2. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
(a) The King.
(d) Monsieur Fouquet.
3. What does Baisemeaux do after he receives the order for the king's release from Fouquet endorsed by Louis?
(a) He flees the Bastille.
(b) He puts his head in his hands and cries.
(c) He writes his account of what happened.
(d) He strikes his own jaw with his fist.
4. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
5. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
(a) Directly to the left of the king's room.
(b) Directly under the king's room.
(c) Directly above the king's room.
(d) Directly to the right of the king's room.
6. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
7. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
(a) The king himself.
(b) The Queen.
8. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The persecution he has undergone.
(b) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(c) The will of the people.
(d) The legitimacy of his birth.
9. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
(c) Monsieur de la Fere.
(d) Cardinal de la Rochelle.
10. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
(b) She asks about Fouquet's family.
(c) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(d) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
11. Who comes to visit Athos after Aramis and Porthos have left?
(c) Le Duc de Beaufort.
(d) The king.
12. What does Fouquet request from the king regarding Aramis and Porthos in Chapter 23?
(a) He asks that they are imprisoned for life.
(b) He asks that they are sentenced to death.
(c) He asks that they are exiled.
(d) He asks that they are pardoned.
13. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(a) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
(b) Aramis himself will come.
(d) The Queen.
14. In Chapter 21, how much time does Fouquet give Aramis to get out of reach of the king?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) One day.
15. What action does Fouquet suggest Louis take before they return to Vaux?
(a) He suggests Louis have a good meal.
(b) He suggests Louis see a doctor about his wounds received in prison.
(c) He suggests Louis change his clothes.
(d) He suggests Louis take some rest with a short nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
2. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
3. When the king leaves the passage in Chapter 17, where is he taken?
4. Who is the architect of Vaux-le-Vicomte?
5. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)