|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
(a) He puts some sleeping medicine in Baisemeaux's wine.
(b) He switches the letter of release for a forgery.
(c) He steals the keys to several cells.
(d) He drops his hat out of the window as a signal.
2. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
(a) He goes to see what the commotion is about.
(b) He is annoyed, but just continues on with his meal.
(c) He laughs that the prisoner has gone mad as if it is a joke.
(d) He sends a guard to silence Louis.
3. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) Ten million.
(b) Thirteen million.
(c) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
(d) One million.
4. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) Philippe's old cell.
(b) Baisemeaux's own quarters.
(c) The very bottom dungeon.
(d) He is thrown in with several other mad prisoners.
5. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
6. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
(a) One foot and a half.
(b) Four inches.
(c) They are exactly the same height.
(d) One foot.
7. What does Fouquet request from the king regarding Aramis and Porthos in Chapter 23?
(a) He asks that they are exiled.
(b) He asks that they are pardoned.
(c) He asks that they are sentenced to death.
(d) He asks that they are imprisoned for life.
8. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(b) The overthrow of Fouquet.
(c) The overthrow of Colbert.
(d) The attainment of a vast fortune.
9. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(b) He wants to rest for the evening.
(c) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(d) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
10. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
(a) A priest.
(b) Monsieur Percerin.
(d) The King.
11. What does Fouquet request of Aramis after he draws his sword in Chapter 21?
(a) He asks Aramis to retrieve Louis.
(b) He asks Aramis to kill Philippe.
(c) He asks Aramis to take his life.
(d) He challenges Aramis to a duel.
12. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
(a) He claims Vaux belongs to posterity and those hwo created it.
(b) Vaux belongs to the king.
(c) He claims that Vaux belongs to his son.
(d) Fouquet claims to be the only true owner of Vaux.
13. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
14. What does Porthos believe he is to receive for his part in the plot?
(a) A commission in the musketeers.
(b) A dukedome.
(c) The gift of a new palace.
(d) A fortune.
15. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
(a) The king himself.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
2. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
3. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
4. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
5. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)