|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
(a) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(b) Colbert and Queen Anne.
(c) No one overhears the king.
(d) Two servants.
2. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
(a) Monsieur Fouquet.
(c) The King.
3. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
4. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) The very bottom dungeon.
(b) Baisemeaux's own quarters.
(c) Philippe's old cell.
(d) He is thrown in with several other mad prisoners.
5. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) One million.
(b) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
(c) Thirteen million.
(d) Ten million.
6. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
(a) He is indifferent to the action.
(b) He views it as great luck for him.
(c) He regards it as a great crime and it angers him.
(d) The fate of Louis saddens him.
7. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
(d) St. Cloud.
8. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Practicing fencing.
(c) Playing music.
(d) Playing cards.
9. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The the palace.
(b) St. Mande.
(d) Aramis's home.
10. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The will of the people.
(b) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(c) The persecution he has undergone.
(d) The legitimacy of his birth.
11. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is deaf and dumb.
(b) He is a relative of the king.
(c) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(d) He is a musketeer.
12. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(b) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
(c) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
(d) She asks about Fouquet's family.
13. What action does Fouquet suggest Louis take before they return to Vaux?
(a) He suggests Louis take some rest with a short nap.
(b) He suggests Louis see a doctor about his wounds received in prison.
(c) He suggests Louis have a good meal.
(d) He suggests Louis change his clothes.
14. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
(a) Directly above the king's room.
(b) Directly to the right of the king's room.
(c) Directly to the left of the king's room.
(d) Directly under the king's room.
15. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
(a) It has a large chandelier with 1000 candles on it.
(b) It is pure gold.
(c) It has a painting of good and bad dreams on it.
(d) It is glass and can see into the starry night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
2. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
3. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
4. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
5. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)