|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Fouquet suggest Louis take before they return to Vaux?
(a) He suggests Louis see a doctor about his wounds received in prison.
(b) He suggests Louis change his clothes.
(c) He suggests Louis have a good meal.
(d) He suggests Louis take some rest with a short nap.
2. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
(a) Three thousand pistoles.
(b) He loses money, but is given one hundred pistoles as a consolation.
(c) He does not lose or win anything, but breaks even.
(d) One thousand pistoles.
3. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(b) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
(c) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(d) He wants to know who the king converses with.
4. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He laughs at a pleasant memory.
(b) He is laughing over his good forutne.
(c) He is laughing at a joke made by Porthos.
(d) He doesn't give a reason for his laughter.
5. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
(a) They are saddened for the humiliation Fontaine suffered.
(b) They burst out into laughter.
(c) They are indifferent to his story.
(d) They are angry at the hardship to befall Fontaine.
6. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
(a) The king.
(c) Louise La Valliere.
7. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
(a) A priest.
(b) Monsieur Percerin.
(c) The King.
8. What does D'Artagnan request from the king before he arrest Fouquet?
(a) A trial for Fouquet.
(b) His instructions in writing.
(c) A conference with the other ministers of state.
(d) Additional men.
9. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
(a) He is busy working on all of his financial records.
(b) He is making five costumes for the King.
(c) He is training his apprentices.
(d) He is making his own outfit for the party at Vaux.
10. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(a) The Queen.
(b) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
(c) Aramis himself will come.
11. What does Athos provide Porthos and Aramis with in Chapter 26?
(b) Fresh clothing.
(d) Fresh horses.
12. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(b) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(c) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(d) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
13. What is the name of the play being composed for the fete at Vaux in Chapter 6?
(a) The play does not have a name.
14. What does Fouquet request of Aramis after he draws his sword in Chapter 21?
(a) He asks Aramis to take his life.
(b) He asks Aramis to retrieve Louis.
(c) He asks Aramis to kill Philippe.
(d) He challenges Aramis to a duel.
15. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
(c) Ten years impriosonment.
(d) Lifetime imprisonment.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
2. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
3. Why won't the guards allow Fouquet to enter the Bastille in Chapter 22?
4. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
5. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)