|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Fouquet suggest Louis take before they return to Vaux?
(a) He suggests Louis see a doctor about his wounds received in prison.
(b) He suggests Louis take some rest with a short nap.
(c) He suggests Louis change his clothes.
(d) He suggests Louis have a good meal.
2. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
(a) A musical composition for the party.
(b) The prologue to a play.
(c) A painting for the king.
(d) A song for King Louis XIV.
3. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
(b) He has poor eyesight in the night.
(c) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(d) He is nervous about his decision.
4. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
(a) The Queen.
(c) The king himself.
5. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
(a) He burns it in the fire.
(b) He tears it up.
(c) He takes it for safe keeping.
(d) He gives it back to Baisemeaux.
6. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
(a) They were hung.
(b) They drowned.
(c) They were poisoned.
(d) They were executed.
7. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
(a) Ten years impriosonment.
(b) Lifetime imprisonment.
8. Why aren't there fresh horses for Aramis and Porthos when they arrive at Orleans in Chapter 26?
(a) Aramis and Porthos do not have sufficient means to pay for the fresh horses.
(b) All of the horses are engaged by le Duc de Beaufort.
(c) The king has commanded that Aramis and Porthos be stopped.
(d) Fouquet has laid a trap for Aramis and Porthos by having all of the horse squired to others.
9. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
(b) The Bishop of Vannes.
(c) His title is not given.
(d) Duke d'Isle.
10. What is the king screaming when Fouquet stands outside his cell in Chapter 22?
(a) Death to Fouquet!
(b) I am not Philippe!
(c) Death to Aramis!
11. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
12. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
(c) St. Cloud.
13. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
(a) He is indifferent to the action.
(b) He regards it as a great crime and it angers him.
(c) He views it as great luck for him.
(d) The fate of Louis saddens him.
14. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) July 14.
(b) December 21.
(c) August 15.
(d) June 21.
15. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to rest for the evening.
(b) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(c) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(d) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
2. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
3. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
4. When Aramis relates the whole conspiracy to Athos in Chapter 26, what is Athos's judgment?
5. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)