|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is a relative of the king.
(b) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(c) He is a musketeer.
(d) He is deaf and dumb.
2. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
(b) Monsieur Fouquet.
(c) The King.
3. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
(a) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(b) Colbert and Queen Anne.
(c) Two servants.
(d) No one overhears the king.
4. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
5. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
(a) He says the king is ill.
(b) He says the king is occupied with his mistress.
(c) He says the king is too fatigued to receive anyone.
(d) He says the king has gone out for an early morning walk.
6. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
(a) He has suffered from a long illness.
(b) He has discovered Louise La Valliere's infidelity with the king.
(c) He has been stripped of his commission in the army.
(d) His best friend has just died.
7. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
(a) He burns it in the fire.
(b) He takes it for safe keeping.
(c) He tears it up.
(d) He gives it back to Baisemeaux.
8. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
(a) A painting for the king.
(b) The prologue to a play.
(c) A musical composition for the party.
(d) A song for King Louis XIV.
9. What does Fouquet request from the king regarding Aramis and Porthos in Chapter 23?
(a) He asks that they are exiled.
(b) He asks that they are sentenced to death.
(c) He asks that they are imprisoned for life.
(d) He asks that they are pardoned.
10. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
(a) Queen Anne.
11. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
(a) He had received bad news about his investments in Bracieux.
(b) He had not been invited to a party at Vaux he'd hoped to attend.
(c) His estate at Vallon was recently destroyed by a fire.
(d) He has no clothes that fit him.
12. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
(a) He guesses he is being kidnapped.
(b) He thinks it is an earthquake.
(c) He doesn't realize his bed is moving at all.
(d) He thinks he's having a nightmare.
13. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
(a) D'Artagnan does not know Aramis is gone.
(b) D'Artagnan believes that Aramis is on a mission for the king.
(c) D'Artagnan does not understand the king's friendliness with Aramis.
(d) D'Artagnan notices a difference in Philippe that he cannot identify.
14. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
(c) The king.
(d) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
15. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(b) The persecution he has undergone.
(c) The legitimacy of his birth.
(d) The will of the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
2. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
3. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
4. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
5. When Fouquet supposes that Aramis has intervened with the king to prevent his arrest in Chapter 21, how does he feel?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)