|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) August 15.
(b) July 14.
(c) June 21.
(d) December 21.
2. When Biscarrat leads the men into the grotto what does he refuse to take?
(a) He armor.
(b) His hat.
(c) His sword.
(d) His uniform.
3. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
(a) A note signed by the king.
(b) The arrival of the king's servant with breakfast.
(c) The voice of the king telling him they'll meet later.
(d) Aramis's persuasion.
4. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
(a) Mademoiselle Montalais.
(b) Louise La Valliere.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Madame de Chevreuse.
5. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
(a) He paces back and forth in front of the carriage.
(b) He lays down on the ground and covers his face with his hands as he thinks.
(c) He stands gazing at the heavens.
(d) He kneels in prayer with his head constantly bowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
2. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
3. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
4. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
5. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)