|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The legitimacy of his birth.
(b) The persecution he has undergone.
(c) The will of the people.
(d) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
2. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
(a) They are angry at the hardship to befall Fontaine.
(b) They burst out into laughter.
(c) They are saddened for the humiliation Fontaine suffered.
(d) They are indifferent to his story.
3. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
4. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
(a) He is making five costumes for the King.
(b) He is busy working on all of his financial records.
(c) He is training his apprentices.
(d) He is making his own outfit for the party at Vaux.
5. Where does Fouquet suggest that Aramis should go as a place of refuge in Chapter 21?
Short Answer Questions
1. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
2. What does Aramis show the captain of the ship in Chapter 51 that causes the captain to follow his orders.
3. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
4. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
5. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)