|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
2. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
(a) He attempts to escape.
(b) He writes a letter to the king begging mercy.
(c) He burns incriminating papers.
(d) He stays in his bed and cries over his desperate situation.
3. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(b) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(c) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(d) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
4. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
(a) A disguise.
(b) A white horse.
(c) A fast carriage.
(d) Asylum at a nearby fortress.
5. Which lady friend of Louise de la Valliere's accuses Louise of killing Raoul if he dies in Africa?
(a) Mademoiselle de Tonnay-Charente.
(b) Mademoiselle de Montalais.
(c) No finds her bahavoir towards Raoul amiss.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
2. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
3. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
4. How does Porthos die in Chapter 50?
5. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)