|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(a) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Aramis himself will come.
2. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(b) Calvary Captain.
(d) Foot soldier.
3. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
(a) A courier with a letter of release.
(b) A problem in the prison.
(c) A servant coming with a message.
(d) Baisemeux's wife enters with an invitation from Fouquet.
4. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
(a) He has no clothes that fit him.
(b) He had not been invited to a party at Vaux he'd hoped to attend.
(c) His estate at Vallon was recently destroyed by a fire.
(d) He had received bad news about his investments in Bracieux.
5. When Aramis relates the whole conspiracy to Athos in Chapter 26, what is Athos's judgment?
(a) Philiippe deserves to be king.
(b) It was a poor idea of Aramis's.
(c) Fouquet is a fool.
(d) The conspiracy was a crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
2. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
3. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
4. What does Aramis show the captain of the ship in Chapter 51 that causes the captain to follow his orders.
5. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)