|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
(a) He is making five costumes for the King.
(b) He is busy working on all of his financial records.
(c) He is making his own outfit for the party at Vaux.
(d) He is training his apprentices.
2. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
(a) A fast carriage.
(b) Asylum at a nearby fortress.
(c) A white horse.
(d) A disguise.
3. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
(d) St. Cloud.
4. When the king leaves the passage in Chapter 17, where is he taken?
(a) He is taken to a shack in the village of Melun.
(b) He is taken to a waiting carriage.
(c) He is taken to the dungeon of Vaux.
(d) He is taken to a cave.
5. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
(a) D'Artagnan tells Fouquet he will arrest him in one fortnight.
(b) D'Artagnan says he will announce it loudly when the time comes for arrest.
(c) D'Artagnan says yes the time has come and immediately arrests Fouquet.
(d) D'Artagnan claims he has no plans to ever arrest Fouquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
2. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
3. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
4. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
5. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)