|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
(a) Monsieur de la Fere.
(d) Cardinal de la Rochelle.
2. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
(a) The voice of the king telling him they'll meet later.
(b) Aramis's persuasion.
(c) The arrival of the king's servant with breakfast.
(d) A note signed by the king.
3. What is the king screaming when Fouquet stands outside his cell in Chapter 22?
(b) Death to Fouquet!
(c) I am not Philippe!
(d) Death to Aramis!
4. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
5. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
(a) A musical composition for the party.
(b) The prologue to a play.
(c) A painting for the king.
(d) A song for King Louis XIV.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Philippe have difficulty understanding what Anne of Austria whispers in his ear in Chapter 24?
2. What reason does Colbert give D'Artagnan for conspiring against Fouquet in Chapter 41?
3. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
4. When Fouquet supposes that Aramis has intervened with the king to prevent his arrest in Chapter 21, how does he feel?
5. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)