|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks about Fouquet's family.
(b) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
(c) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(d) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
2. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(b) The overthrow of Colbert.
(c) The overthrow of Fouquet.
(d) The attainment of a vast fortune.
3. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
(a) He asks for a good meal and a comfortable bed.
(b) He asks for Athos to hide Porthos and to not reveal Aramis's destination to his pursuers.
(c) He asks for absolution and for fresh horses.
(d) He asks for letters of introdution to court at Spain and supplies for travel.
4. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
(a) The princess and De Guiche.
(b) Fouquet and La Valliere.
(c) La Valliere and the King.
(d) The Queen and Colbert.
5. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
2. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
3. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
4. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
5. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)