|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the king screaming when Fouquet stands outside his cell in Chapter 22?
(b) Death to Aramis!
(c) Death to Fouquet!
(d) I am not Philippe!
2. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
(a) His instincts.
(b) A private letter of Aramis's that he has intercepted.
(c) A conversation between Aramis and Philippe he overheard.
(d) A tip from a servant.
3. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(c) The king.
(d) De Guiche.
4. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
(a) He says the king is occupied with his mistress.
(b) He says the king is too fatigued to receive anyone.
(c) He says the king is ill.
(d) He says the king has gone out for an early morning walk.
5. What reason does Colbert give D'Artagnan for conspiring against Fouquet in Chapter 41?
(a) He was jealous of Vaux.
(b) He claims Fouquet was holding him back from greatness.
(c) Colbert acted only on errand from the Queen.
(d) He was upset after Fouquet stole his mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
2. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
3. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
4. How did the prisoner discover that the lady who visited him monthly during his childhood was the Queen?
5. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)