|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
(a) D'Artagnan does not know Aramis is gone.
(b) D'Artagnan notices a difference in Philippe that he cannot identify.
(c) D'Artagnan believes that Aramis is on a mission for the king.
(d) D'Artagnan does not understand the king's friendliness with Aramis.
2. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
(a) He strikes him with an iron bar.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He drowns him in the river.
(d) He strangles him.
3. Why does Philippe have difficulty understanding what Anne of Austria whispers in his ear in Chapter 24?
(a) He does not have difficulty understanding her.
(b) He is deaf in one ear.
(c) He does not speak Spanish.
(d) The queen references something Philippe is unaware of.
4. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
(a) Cardinal de la Rochelle.
(c) Monsieur de la Fere.
5. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
(a) Advice about decorum and manners.
(b) Love advice.
(c) He doesn't give him advice, just expresses his love for Raoul.
(d) Military advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
2. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
3. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
4. Who is the architect of Vaux-le-Vicomte?
5. How do Porthos and Aramis attempt to escape in Chapter 46?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)