|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Fouquet suggest Louis take before they return to Vaux?
(a) He suggests Louis take some rest with a short nap.
(b) He suggests Louis change his clothes.
(c) He suggests Louis have a good meal.
(d) He suggests Louis see a doctor about his wounds received in prison.
2. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
(a) La Valliere.
(b) The king.
3. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
(a) He is making his own outfit for the party at Vaux.
(b) He is busy working on all of his financial records.
(c) He is making five costumes for the King.
(d) He is training his apprentices.
4. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
(a) Distributing all of his things of value to his friends and creditors.
(b) Selling all of his fine things to fund his journey to Africa.
(c) Packing all of his treasures to take with him to Africa.
(d) Taking all of his fine things to a friend's house for safe keeping until his return.
5. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
(b) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(c) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
(d) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
2. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
3. How do Porthos and Aramis attempt to escape in Chapter 46?
4. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
5. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)