|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
(a) He asks for letters of introdution to court at Spain and supplies for travel.
(b) He asks for a good meal and a comfortable bed.
(c) He asks for Athos to hide Porthos and to not reveal Aramis's destination to his pursuers.
(d) He asks for absolution and for fresh horses.
2. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
(b) He has poor eyesight in the night.
(c) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(d) He is nervous about his decision.
3. Who has advised the king to spare Aramis's life in Chapter 54?
(a) The Queen.
(c) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
4. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He strikes him with an iron bar.
(c) He drowns him in the river.
(d) He strangles him.
5. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(d) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
2. At what time of night was Louis XIV taken from his bed?
3. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
4. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
5. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)