|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
(a) A servant coming with a message.
(b) A courier with a letter of release.
(c) Baisemeux's wife enters with an invitation from Fouquet.
(d) A problem in the prison.
2. In Chapter 26, which two countries does Aramis claim to have relations in?
(a) Denmark and England.
(b) Portugal and Spain.
(c) England and Spain.
(d) Italy and Portugal.
3. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
(a) He stays in his bed and cries over his desperate situation.
(b) He writes a letter to the king begging mercy.
(c) He burns incriminating papers.
(d) He attempts to escape.
4. What does Fouquet request from the king regarding Aramis and Porthos in Chapter 23?
(a) He asks that they are exiled.
(b) He asks that they are pardoned.
(c) He asks that they are imprisoned for life.
(d) He asks that they are sentenced to death.
5. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(a) De Guiche.
(b) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Porthos believe he is to receive for his part in the plot?
2. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
3. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
4. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
5. How does Aramis spend his night on the ship in Chapter 51?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)