|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, how much time does Fouquet give Aramis to get out of reach of the king?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) One day.
(d) One hour.
2. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
(a) He writes a letter to the king begging mercy.
(b) He attempts to escape.
(c) He stays in his bed and cries over his desperate situation.
(d) He burns incriminating papers.
3. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(c) De Guiche.
(d) The king.
4. What reason does Colbert give D'Artagnan for conspiring against Fouquet in Chapter 41?
(a) He claims Fouquet was holding him back from greatness.
(b) He was jealous of Vaux.
(c) Colbert acted only on errand from the Queen.
(d) He was upset after Fouquet stole his mistress.
5. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) Aramis asks him to stay.
(b) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
(c) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(d) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
2. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
3. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
4. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
5. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)