|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aramis show the captain of the ship in Chapter 51 that causes the captain to follow his orders.
(a) A signed letter from the king.
(b) A signed letter from Fouquet.
(c) A sword.
(d) A ring.
2. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(b) Aramis asks him to stay.
(c) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
(d) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
3. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) July 14.
(b) June 21.
(c) December 21.
(d) August 15.
4. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
(a) He steals the keys to several cells.
(b) He drops his hat out of the window as a signal.
(c) He puts some sleeping medicine in Baisemeaux's wine.
(d) He switches the letter of release for a forgery.
5. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
(a) Throwing notes out the window.
(b) Showing his face as the martyr of the king.
(c) Receiving information from friends.
(d) Seeing the other advisers as he leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
2. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
3. In Chapter 26, which two countries does Aramis claim to have relations in?
4. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
5. What does Baisemeaux do after he receives the order for the king's release from Fouquet endorsed by Louis?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)