|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
2. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
(a) He is indifferent to the action.
(b) He views it as great luck for him.
(c) He regards it as a great crime and it angers him.
(d) The fate of Louis saddens him.
3. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
(b) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
(c) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(d) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
4. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He is laughing over his good forutne.
(b) He is laughing at a joke made by Porthos.
(c) He doesn't give a reason for his laughter.
(d) He laughs at a pleasant memory.
5. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
(b) The King.
(d) Monsieur Fouquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
2. Who does Porthos think they are protecting the Belle-Isle from in Chapter 42?
3. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
4. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
5. When D'Artagnan arrives back in Paris, who does he find has taken ill in Chapter 34?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)