|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Porthos think they are protecting the Belle-Isle from in Chapter 42?
(c) King Louis XIV.
(d) A false king of France.
2. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
3. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
(a) He is leaving the country for Spain.
(b) He plans to visit Athos.
(c) He is going to Paris.
(d) He wants to return to Belle-Isle.
4. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
(a) A barber to cut Philippe's hair in the fashion of the king.
(b) Written notes on the king and society of the court.
(c) The ring of the king with the royal crest.
(d) An assortment of books about political history.
5. How did the prisoner discover that the lady who visited him monthly during his childhood was the Queen?
(a) A servant from the village informed him.
(b) He overheard his caretakers discussing her.
(c) His nurse told him.
(d) The Queen herself told him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
2. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
4. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
5. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)