|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
(a) She wants him killed.
(b) She wants him appointed Prime Minister.
(c) She wants him pardoned and to return to his previous status.
(d) She wants him imprisoned for life.
2. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
(a) He thinks Louis is the better king.
(b) He think neither of them would be suited to the job.
(c) He thinks they are both equal in their faculties.
(d) He thinks Philippe would be superior.
3. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to know who the king converses with.
(b) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
(c) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(d) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
4. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
(a) To Italy.
(b) To Spain.
(c) To Cannes.
(d) To England.
5. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
(a) He is a valet for Percerin.
(b) He is a messenger.
(c) He is one of Fouquet's painters.
(d) He is Aramis's servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
2. When Aramis relates the whole conspiracy to Athos in Chapter 26, what is Athos's judgment?
3. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
4. While D'Artagnan is in audience with the King in Chapter 53, what news does a courier bring?
5. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)