|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
(b) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(c) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
(d) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
2. When Aramis relates the whole conspiracy to Athos in Chapter 26, what is Athos's judgment?
(a) It was a poor idea of Aramis's.
(b) The conspiracy was a crime.
(c) Fouquet is a fool.
(d) Philiippe deserves to be king.
3. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(b) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
(c) He wants to rest for the evening.
(d) He wants to speak with Aramis.
4. What causes King Louis to come to terms with his imprisonment in the Bastille?
(a) The sounds of other prisoners wailing in agony.
(b) The appearance of his first meager meal.
(c) The shadow of the prison bars cast by the morning sun on his wall.
(d) The appearance of a giant rat.
5. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
(a) St. Cloud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D'Artagnan tell Raoul and Athos to pretend to be in Chapter 31?
2. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
3. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
4. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
5. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)