|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A letter.
(d) A ring.
2. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) He is thrown in with several other mad prisoners.
(b) The very bottom dungeon.
(c) Philippe's old cell.
(d) Baisemeaux's own quarters.
3. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
(b) St. Cloud.
4. What does D'Artagnan think will be the fate of all of those who know the secret of Philippe?
(a) They will live a life of fear.
(b) They will die.
(c) They will live quite indifferently to the secret.
(d) They will be imprisoned for life.
5. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
(a) He forces the king to wear a mask.
(b) He forces the king to wear a sack over his head.
(c) He takes him into the prison by a secret passage.
(d) He rings a bell and beats a drum to clear the passages.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
2. What reason does the king give for not telling D'Artagnan about Porthos's death when he knew of it in Chapter 54?
3. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
4. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
5. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)