|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
2. What reaction does Athos have after he reads a letter from Aramis describing Porthos's death?
(a) He faints.
(b) He falls into a fit of sobbing and cries for hours.
(c) He is peaceful with the knowledge that Porthos has gone to a better place.
(d) He is angry at the king and writes a letter.
3. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) July 14.
(b) December 21.
(c) August 15.
(d) June 21.
4. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(b) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
(c) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(d) He wants to rest for the evening.
5. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
2. What does D'Artagnan tell Raoul and Athos to pretend to be in Chapter 31?
3. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
4. Who comes to visit Athos after Aramis and Porthos have left?
5. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)