|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
(a) A conversation between Aramis and Philippe he overheard.
(b) His instincts.
(c) A tip from a servant.
(d) A private letter of Aramis's that he has intercepted.
2. What house did the late Madame du Vallon have a chamber with a secret door in?
(a) Chateau of Pierrefonds.
3. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
4. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(a) Foot soldier.
(d) Calvary Captain.
5. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
(a) She be killed by an assassin.
(b) She will be married to Phillippe.
(c) She will be imprisoned with her husband.
(d) A divorce will be consented to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the king has been imprisoned in the Bastille, where does Porthos go?
2. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
3. At the last minute who decides to accompany Raoul on his expedition?
4. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
5. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)