|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
(a) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
(b) The king.
2. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
(a) A disguise.
(b) A white horse.
(c) Asylum at a nearby fortress.
(d) A fast carriage.
3. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
(a) He views it as great luck for him.
(b) He regards it as a great crime and it angers him.
(c) He is indifferent to the action.
(d) The fate of Louis saddens him.
4. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
(a) D'Artagnan says yes the time has come and immediately arrests Fouquet.
(b) D'Artagnan says he will announce it loudly when the time comes for arrest.
(c) D'Artagnan claims he has no plans to ever arrest Fouquet.
(d) D'Artagnan tells Fouquet he will arrest him in one fortnight.
5. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
2. What does D'Artagnan receive as soon as he returns to the fort in Chapter 32?
3. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
4. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
5. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)