|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
(b) Monsieur Fouquet.
(c) The king.
2. How do Aramis and Porthos know the father of the soldier they take prisoner in Chapter 46?
(a) His father introduced the musketeers to each other many years before.
(b) His father was a valet to Athos.
(c) His father attacked them on the first day of their friendship, when they met D'Artagnan.
(d) His father was an innkeeper in Porthos's hometown.
3. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
(a) He is training his apprentices.
(b) He is making his own outfit for the party at Vaux.
(c) He is making five costumes for the King.
(d) He is busy working on all of his financial records.
4. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
(a) He rings a bell and beats a drum to clear the passages.
(b) He forces the king to wear a mask.
(c) He takes him into the prison by a secret passage.
(d) He forces the king to wear a sack over his head.
5. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(b) He wants to rest for the evening.
(c) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(d) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Biscarrat leads the men into the grotto what does he refuse to take?
2. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
3. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
4. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)