|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of night was Louis XIV taken from his bed?
(a) Just before dawn.
(b) Just after dusk.
(c) Between twelve and one o'clock.
(d) The precise time of the switch is not known.
2. Why won't the guards allow Fouquet to enter the Bastille in Chapter 22?
(a) They do not believe it is Fouquet.
(b) They are under orders to prevent Fouquet from entering the prison.
(c) They dislike Fouquet.
(d) There is a riot going on in the prison and no one is being allowed in or out.
3. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
(a) A white horse.
(b) A disguise.
(c) Asylum at a nearby fortress.
(d) A fast carriage.
4. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
(a) He takes him into the prison by a secret passage.
(b) He rings a bell and beats a drum to clear the passages.
(c) He forces the king to wear a sack over his head.
(d) He forces the king to wear a mask.
5. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The the palace.
(c) St. Mande.
(d) Aramis's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
2. What happens to D'Artagnan's horse as he is pursuing Fouquet in Chapter 40?
3. How do Aramis and Porthos know the father of the soldier they take prisoner in Chapter 46?
4. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
5. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)