|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
(a) He wishes to take a more leisurely pace on his journey.
(b) He tries to pass Fouquet but is unable to.
(c) He is ordered to follow Fouquet by D'Artagnan.
(d) He doesn't out of respect.
2. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
(a) Louis XIII.
(b) Henry III.
(c) William the Conquorer.
(d) Henry IV.
3. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
(a) He is making his own outfit for the party at Vaux.
(b) He is making five costumes for the King.
(c) He is busy working on all of his financial records.
(d) He is training his apprentices.
4. What is the king screaming when Fouquet stands outside his cell in Chapter 22?
(b) Death to Fouquet!
(c) Death to Aramis!
(d) I am not Philippe!
5. What does Porthos believe he is to receive for his part in the plot?
(a) A fortune.
(b) A commission in the musketeers.
(c) A dukedome.
(d) The gift of a new palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
2. Who does Porthos think they are protecting the Belle-Isle from in Chapter 42?
3. What happens to D'Artagnan's horse as he is pursuing Fouquet in Chapter 40?
4. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)