|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D'Artagnan request from the king before he arrest Fouquet?
(a) A conference with the other ministers of state.
(b) His instructions in writing.
(c) A trial for Fouquet.
(d) Additional men.
2. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
(a) Take notes on their meeting.
(b) Spy on their meetings.
(c) Guard them.
(d) Send gift to them for their journey.
3. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
(a) One thousand pistoles.
(b) Three thousand pistoles.
(c) He loses money, but is given one hundred pistoles as a consolation.
(d) He does not lose or win anything, but breaks even.
4. What is the king screaming when Fouquet stands outside his cell in Chapter 22?
(a) Death to Aramis!
(b) Death to Fouquet!
(c) I am not Philippe!
5. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
(a) Selling all of his fine things to fund his journey to Africa.
(b) Packing all of his treasures to take with him to Africa.
(c) Taking all of his fine things to a friend's house for safe keeping until his return.
(d) Distributing all of his things of value to his friends and creditors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
2. When the king leaves the passage in Chapter 17, where is he taken?
3. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
4. What happens to D'Artagnan's horse as he is pursuing Fouquet in Chapter 40?
5. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)