|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A letter.
(d) A ring.
2. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
(a) He dislikes Louis and wants to punish him.
(b) He is busy and has other prisoners to attend to.
(c) He supposes the prisoner is mad.
(d) He is deaf and dumb and cannot understand Louis's request.
3. What happens to D'Artagnan's horse as he is pursuing Fouquet in Chapter 40?
(a) It dies.
(b) It is shot by Fouquet.
(c) It suffers a broken leg.
(d) It falls ills and lays down by the road.
4. What does Baisemeaux request from Fouquet before he can release the prisoner in Chapter 22?
(a) Proof of Fouquet's identity.
(b) An order signed by Fouquet.
(c) An order signed by Aramis.
(d) A signed order from the king.
5. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
(a) They are saddened for the humiliation Fontaine suffered.
(b) They are indifferent to his story.
(c) They burst out into laughter.
(d) They are angry at the hardship to befall Fontaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
2. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
3. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
4. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
5. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)