|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D'Artagnan tell Raoul and Athos to pretend to be in Chapter 31?
(a) Blind servants.
(b) Spaniards who don't speak French.
(c) Fishermen who cannot read.
(d) Deaf gardeners.
2. What does D'Artagnan request from the king before he arrest Fouquet?
(a) A conference with the other ministers of state.
(b) Additional men.
(c) His instructions in writing.
(d) A trial for Fouquet.
3. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
(a) He asks for letters of introdution to court at Spain and supplies for travel.
(b) He asks for a good meal and a comfortable bed.
(c) He asks for absolution and for fresh horses.
(d) He asks for Athos to hide Porthos and to not reveal Aramis's destination to his pursuers.
4. What does Fouquet request from the king regarding Aramis and Porthos in Chapter 23?
(a) He asks that they are imprisoned for life.
(b) He asks that they are pardoned.
(c) He asks that they are exiled.
(d) He asks that they are sentenced to death.
5. When the king leaves the passage in Chapter 17, where is he taken?
(a) He is taken to a cave.
(b) He is taken to the dungeon of Vaux.
(c) He is taken to a shack in the village of Melun.
(d) He is taken to a waiting carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
2. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
3. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
4. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
5. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)