|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
(b) He wants to know who the king converses with.
(c) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(d) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
2. How do Aramis and Porthos know the father of the soldier they take prisoner in Chapter 46?
(a) His father was an innkeeper in Porthos's hometown.
(b) His father attacked them on the first day of their friendship, when they met D'Artagnan.
(c) His father introduced the musketeers to each other many years before.
(d) His father was a valet to Athos.
3. At the last minute who decides to accompany Raoul on his expedition?
4. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
(a) The King.
(c) Monsieur Fouquet.
5. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
(a) He is Aramis's servant.
(b) He is a valet for Percerin.
(c) He is one of Fouquet's painters.
(d) He is a messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
2. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
3. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
4. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
5. What is the name of the play being composed for the fete at Vaux in Chapter 6?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)