|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
2. When Fouquet supposes that Aramis has intervened with the king to prevent his arrest in Chapter 21, how does he feel?
3. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
(a) He claims that he saw the order signed in his presence.
(b) He gets Baisemeux drunk and then persuades him.
(c) He threatens Baisemeux with pistols to release the prisoner.
(d) He writes a letter verfiying the order.
4. What is the name of the play being composed for the fete at Vaux in Chapter 6?
(d) The play does not have a name.
5. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
(a) Porthos has learned of Philippe and lectured Aramis about it.
(b) Porthos has sent a letter to the king.
(c) Porthos has sent off the last two fishing boats from Belle-Isle.
(d) Porthos has lost all of Aramis's money in poker games with the locals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
2. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
3. What does Baisemeaux request from Fouquet before he can release the prisoner in Chapter 22?
4. Who enters the grotto alone to investigate in Chapter 48?
5. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)