|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(a) He does not name the criminal.
2. At what time of night was Louis XIV taken from his bed?
(a) The precise time of the switch is not known.
(b) Just after dusk.
(c) Between twelve and one o'clock.
(d) Just before dawn.
3. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
(a) He sends a guard to silence Louis.
(b) He laughs that the prisoner has gone mad as if it is a joke.
(c) He is annoyed, but just continues on with his meal.
(d) He goes to see what the commotion is about.
4. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
(a) Asylum at a nearby fortress.
(b) A disguise.
(c) A white horse.
(d) A fast carriage.
5. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
(a) Kill Aramis and Porthos.
(b) Procure Fouquet's fortune from Belle-Isle.
(c) Arrest Aramis and Porthos.
(d) Allow Aramis to escape, but kill Porthos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
2. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
3. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
4. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
5. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)