|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
2. What happens to D'Artagnan's horse as he is pursuing Fouquet in Chapter 40?
(a) It is shot by Fouquet.
(b) It suffers a broken leg.
(c) It dies.
(d) It falls ills and lays down by the road.
3. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
(a) It is pure gold.
(b) It is glass and can see into the starry night.
(c) It has a large chandelier with 1000 candles on it.
(d) It has a painting of good and bad dreams on it.
4. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
(a) He views it as great luck for him.
(b) He regards it as a great crime and it angers him.
(c) The fate of Louis saddens him.
(d) He is indifferent to the action.
5. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
(b) He will not tell her what has upset him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
2. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
3. How do Porthos and Aramis attempt to escape in Chapter 46?
4. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
5. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)