|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He strangles him.
(c) He strikes him with an iron bar.
(d) He drowns him in the river.
2. At what time of night was Louis XIV taken from his bed?
(a) The precise time of the switch is not known.
(b) Between twelve and one o'clock.
(c) Just after dusk.
(d) Just before dawn.
3. What does D'Artagnan receive as soon as he returns to the fort in Chapter 32?
(a) A letter from Porthos.
(b) A letter from the king.
(c) A gift from Fouquet.
(d) A letter from Aramis.
4. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
5. How do Porthos and Aramis attempt to escape in Chapter 46?
(a) Through the grotto of Locmaria.
(b) They attempt to swim away from the Isle.
(c) In disguise on a fishing boat.
(d) By wearing the uniforms of their prisoners and mixing with the attacking soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
2. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
3. Who comes to visit Athos after Aramis and Porthos have left?
4. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
5. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)