|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't the guards allow Fouquet to enter the Bastille in Chapter 22?
(a) They do not believe it is Fouquet.
(b) There is a riot going on in the prison and no one is being allowed in or out.
(c) They dislike Fouquet.
(d) They are under orders to prevent Fouquet from entering the prison.
2. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) The find their first gray hair.
(b) They have a nightmare the night before.
(c) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
(d) Their legs feel weak.
3. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
(a) One thousand pistoles.
(b) He does not lose or win anything, but breaks even.
(c) Three thousand pistoles.
(d) He loses money, but is given one hundred pistoles as a consolation.
4. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
(a) A problem in the prison.
(b) A servant coming with a message.
(c) A courier with a letter of release.
(d) Baisemeux's wife enters with an invitation from Fouquet.
5. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks about Fouquet's family.
(b) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(c) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
(d) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fires a shot at Raoul and Athos on the Isle of St. Marguerite?
2. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
3. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What does Athos provide Porthos and Aramis with in Chapter 26?
5. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)