|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why aren't there fresh horses for Aramis and Porthos when they arrive at Orleans in Chapter 26?
(a) Fouquet has laid a trap for Aramis and Porthos by having all of the horse squired to others.
(b) Aramis and Porthos do not have sufficient means to pay for the fresh horses.
(c) The king has commanded that Aramis and Porthos be stopped.
(d) All of the horses are engaged by le Duc de Beaufort.
2. What does Athos provide Porthos and Aramis with in Chapter 26?
(c) Fresh horses.
(d) Fresh clothing.
3. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
(a) Porthos and Aramis.
(b) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(c) Colbert and Porthos.
(d) Aramis and Fouquet.
4. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
(b) St. Cloud.
5. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
2. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
3. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
4. What interrupts Aramis and Porthos as they are getting a boat ready to flee?
5. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)