|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the architect of Vaux-le-Vicomte?
2. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
(a) He does not want another carriage to stop and offer assistance to them.
(b) They want to abandon the carriage and not have it draw suspicion.
(c) He does not want to take the carriage off of the road, but wants to have the conversation immediately.
(d) The carriage is broken and needs to be repaired.
3. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
4. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
(a) He is indifferent to the action.
(b) He regards it as a great crime and it angers him.
(c) He views it as great luck for him.
(d) The fate of Louis saddens him.
5. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
(a) Practicing fencing.
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Playing music.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
2. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
3. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
4. What does D'Artagnan think will be the fate of all of those who know the secret of Philippe?
5. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)