|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D'Artagnan request from the king before he arrest Fouquet?
(a) A trial for Fouquet.
(b) His instructions in writing.
(c) A conference with the other ministers of state.
(d) Additional men.
2. At what time of night was Louis XIV taken from his bed?
(a) The precise time of the switch is not known.
(b) Just before dawn.
(c) Between twelve and one o'clock.
(d) Just after dusk.
3. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
(b) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(c) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(d) He wants to rest for the evening.
4. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
5. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
(a) He doesn't give him advice, just expresses his love for Raoul.
(b) Military advice.
(c) Love advice.
(d) Advice about decorum and manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
2. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
3. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
4. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
5. What does D'Artagnan receive as soon as he returns to the fort in Chapter 32?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)