|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(a) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
2. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
(a) Three days.
(b) One month.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) One week.
3. Who has formed an alliance with M. Colbert that comes to light in Chapter 36?
(c) The Queen.
(d) Madame de Chevreuse.
4. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
(a) He says the king has gone out for an early morning walk.
(b) He says the king is occupied with his mistress.
(c) He says the king is too fatigued to receive anyone.
(d) He says the king is ill.
5. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
(b) The king.
(d) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beaufort give Raoul as his first order?
2. What does D'Artagnan request from the king before he arrest Fouquet?
3. What does Fouquet request of Aramis after he draws his sword in Chapter 21?
4. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
5. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)