|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baisemeaux request from Fouquet before he can release the prisoner in Chapter 22?
(a) A signed order from the king.
(b) An order signed by Aramis.
(c) Proof of Fouquet's identity.
(d) An order signed by Fouquet.
2. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He is laughing at a joke made by Porthos.
(b) He doesn't give a reason for his laughter.
(c) He laughs at a pleasant memory.
(d) He is laughing over his good forutne.
3. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
(b) Ten million.
(c) One million.
(d) Thirteen million.
4. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) An order to reimprison Marchiali.
(b) The letter of release for Seldon.
(c) A large bag of money as a bribe.
(d) A sword.
5. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) The overthrow of Colbert.
(b) The attainment of a vast fortune.
(c) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(d) The overthrow of Fouquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
2. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
3. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
4. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
5. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)