|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
(b) St. Cloud.
2. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
(a) He claims that he saw the order signed in his presence.
(b) He gets Baisemeux drunk and then persuades him.
(c) He threatens Baisemeux with pistols to release the prisoner.
(d) He writes a letter verfiying the order.
3. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) The overthrow of Colbert.
(b) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(c) The attainment of a vast fortune.
(d) The overthrow of Fouquet.
4. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
(a) He is busy and has other prisoners to attend to.
(b) He dislikes Louis and wants to punish him.
(c) He is deaf and dumb and cannot understand Louis's request.
(d) He supposes the prisoner is mad.
5. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) An order to reimprison Marchiali.
(b) A sword.
(c) A large bag of money as a bribe.
(d) The letter of release for Seldon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
2. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
3. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
4. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
5. Who fires a shot at Raoul and Athos on the Isle of St. Marguerite?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)