|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
(a) Vaux belongs to the king.
(b) He claims that Vaux belongs to his son.
(c) Fouquet claims to be the only true owner of Vaux.
(d) He claims Vaux belongs to posterity and those hwo created it.
2. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
(a) His instincts.
(b) A private letter of Aramis's that he has intercepted.
(c) A conversation between Aramis and Philippe he overheard.
(d) A tip from a servant.
3. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(b) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
(c) She asks about Fouquet's family.
(d) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
4. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
5. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He is nervous about his decision.
(b) He has poor eyesight in the night.
(c) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(d) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
2. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
3. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
4. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
5. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)