|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
(a) He thinks he's having a nightmare.
(b) He doesn't realize his bed is moving at all.
(c) He guesses he is being kidnapped.
(d) He thinks it is an earthquake.
2. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
(a) His estate at Vallon was recently destroyed by a fire.
(b) He has no clothes that fit him.
(c) He had received bad news about his investments in Bracieux.
(d) He had not been invited to a party at Vaux he'd hoped to attend.
3. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
(a) He stands gazing at the heavens.
(b) He lays down on the ground and covers his face with his hands as he thinks.
(c) He paces back and forth in front of the carriage.
(d) He kneels in prayer with his head constantly bowed.
4. What house did the late Madame du Vallon have a chamber with a secret door in?
(a) Chateau of Pierrefonds.
5. Who comes to visit Athos after Aramis and Porthos have left?
(a) The king.
(d) Le Duc de Beaufort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the king has been imprisoned in the Bastille, where does Porthos go?
2. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
3. What does Athos provide Porthos and Aramis with in Chapter 26?
4. What does Baisemeaux request from Fouquet before he can release the prisoner in Chapter 22?
5. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)