|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
(a) Arabian racehorces.
(b) A rare set of parrots.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A pack of hounds.
2. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
(a) A barber to cut Philippe's hair in the fashion of the king.
(b) The ring of the king with the royal crest.
(c) An assortment of books about political history.
(d) Written notes on the king and society of the court.
3. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
(a) The Queen.
(d) The king himself.
4. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
(a) A problem in the prison.
(b) A courier with a letter of release.
(c) Baisemeux's wife enters with an invitation from Fouquet.
(d) A servant coming with a message.
5. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
(a) Practicing fencing.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Playing music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D'Artagnan tell Raoul and Athos to pretend to be in Chapter 31?
2. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
3. What house did the late Madame du Vallon have a chamber with a secret door in?
4. What action does Fouquet suggest Louis take before they return to Vaux?
5. What does Baisemeaux do after he receives the order for the king's release from Fouquet endorsed by Louis?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)