|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
(a) He laughs that the prisoner has gone mad as if it is a joke.
(b) He is annoyed, but just continues on with his meal.
(c) He sends a guard to silence Louis.
(d) He goes to see what the commotion is about.
2. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
(a) He says the king is occupied with his mistress.
(b) He says the king is ill.
(c) He says the king is too fatigued to receive anyone.
(d) He says the king has gone out for an early morning walk.
3. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
(a) Henry III.
(b) Henry IV.
(c) William the Conquorer.
(d) Louis XIII.
4. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
(a) To Spain.
(b) To England.
(c) To Italy.
(d) To Cannes.
5. When the king leaves the passage in Chapter 17, where is he taken?
(a) He is taken to a cave.
(b) He is taken to the dungeon of Vaux.
(c) He is taken to a waiting carriage.
(d) He is taken to a shack in the village of Melun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
2. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
3. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
4. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
5. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)