|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
(a) Directly above the king's room.
(b) Directly to the left of the king's room.
(c) Directly under the king's room.
(d) Directly to the right of the king's room.
2. What house did the late Madame du Vallon have a chamber with a secret door in?
(d) Chateau of Pierrefonds.
3. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) December 21.
(b) June 21.
(c) July 14.
(d) August 15.
4. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
(a) D'Artagnan does not know Aramis is gone.
(b) D'Artagnan notices a difference in Philippe that he cannot identify.
(c) D'Artagnan believes that Aramis is on a mission for the king.
(d) D'Artagnan does not understand the king's friendliness with Aramis.
5. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
(a) He doesn't out of respect.
(b) He tries to pass Fouquet but is unable to.
(c) He is ordered to follow Fouquet by D'Artagnan.
(d) He wishes to take a more leisurely pace on his journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
2. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
3. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
4. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)