|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Athos promise to give Raoul when he returns from Africa?
(a) His entire fortune.
(b) His title.
(c) His blessing on Raoul's marraige to a woman of his choice.
(d) The capital of his estates.
2. What is the king screaming when Fouquet stands outside his cell in Chapter 22?
(a) Death to Aramis!
(b) I am not Philippe!
(c) Death to Fouquet!
3. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(b) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(c) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(d) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
4. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
(a) His estate at Vallon was recently destroyed by a fire.
(b) He had not been invited to a party at Vaux he'd hoped to attend.
(c) He had received bad news about his investments in Bracieux.
(d) He has no clothes that fit him.
5. At what time of night was Louis XIV taken from his bed?
(a) The precise time of the switch is not known.
(b) Just after dusk.
(c) Between twelve and one o'clock.
(d) Just before dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
2. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
3. What reason does Colbert give for not passing Fouquet in his boat in Chapter 37?
4. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
5. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)