|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When D'Artagnan arrives back in Paris, who does he find has taken ill in Chapter 34?
(a) The king.
2. Who does D'Artagnan request to speak with at Nantes in Chapter 37?
(d) The king.
3. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) August 15.
(b) June 21.
(c) July 14.
(d) December 21.
4. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
(a) He does not lose or win anything, but breaks even.
(b) One thousand pistoles.
(c) Three thousand pistoles.
(d) He loses money, but is given one hundred pistoles as a consolation.
5. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
(a) He has no clothes that fit him.
(b) His estate at Vallon was recently destroyed by a fire.
(c) He had not been invited to a party at Vaux he'd hoped to attend.
(d) He had received bad news about his investments in Bracieux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
2. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
3. What does Beaufort give Raoul as his first order?
4. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
5. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)