|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
(a) Three thousand pistoles.
(b) He loses money, but is given one hundred pistoles as a consolation.
(c) One thousand pistoles.
(d) He does not lose or win anything, but breaks even.
2. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(b) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
(c) She asks about Fouquet's family.
(d) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
3. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
(a) He had received bad news about his investments in Bracieux.
(b) He had not been invited to a party at Vaux he'd hoped to attend.
(c) He has no clothes that fit him.
(d) His estate at Vallon was recently destroyed by a fire.
4. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
(a) Lifetime imprisonment.
(c) Ten years impriosonment.
5. Where does Fouquet suggest that Aramis should go as a place of refuge in Chapter 21?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the king screaming when Fouquet stands outside his cell in Chapter 22?
2. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
3. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
4. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
5. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)