|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
(a) Ten years impriosonment.
(d) Lifetime imprisonment.
2. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
(a) He lays down on the ground and covers his face with his hands as he thinks.
(b) He paces back and forth in front of the carriage.
(c) He stands gazing at the heavens.
(d) He kneels in prayer with his head constantly bowed.
3. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) St. Mande.
(c) The the palace.
(d) Aramis's home.
4. At what time of night was Louis XIV taken from his bed?
(a) Just after dusk.
(b) Just before dawn.
(c) Between twelve and one o'clock.
(d) The precise time of the switch is not known.
5. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
(a) Monsieur Percerin.
(b) A priest.
(c) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, which two countries does Aramis claim to have relations in?
2. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
3. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
4. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
5. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)