|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
(a) The King.
(c) Monsieur Fouquet.
2. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
(a) Baisemeux's wife enters with an invitation from Fouquet.
(b) A courier with a letter of release.
(c) A servant coming with a message.
(d) A problem in the prison.
3. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to rest for the evening.
(b) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(c) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
(d) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
4. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(b) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(c) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(d) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
5. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Practicing fencing.
(d) Playing music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
2. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
3. What do Fouquet's friends give him in the end of Chapter 15?
4. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
5. Which lady friend of Louise de la Valliere's accuses Louise of killing Raoul if he dies in Africa?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)