|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
(a) Two servants.
(b) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(c) Colbert and Queen Anne.
(d) No one overhears the king.
2. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
(a) Ten thousand francs.
(b) He doesn't offer him any money, only freedom.
(c) One thousand pistols.
(d) A large measure of gold.
3. Who fires a shot at Raoul and Athos on the Isle of St. Marguerite?
(b) The Governor.
(c) The sentinel.
4. What is the king screaming when Fouquet stands outside his cell in Chapter 22?
(a) I am not Philippe!
(c) Death to Fouquet!
(d) Death to Aramis!
5. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Patterns for the garments of the king.
(b) A letter to give to M. Fouquet.
(c) A drawing of the king's clothing.
(d) His own outfit to wear to the party at Vaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
2. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
3. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
4. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
5. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)