|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
(a) Louis XIII.
(b) Henry IV.
(c) Henry III.
(d) William the Conquorer.
2. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) A lion and several prisoners.
(b) The three fates.
(c) St. Peter in Bonds.
(d) The Greek God of war.
3. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
(a) In an armchair.
(b) He refuses to sleep and spends the night pacing upright.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In Fouquet's bed.
4. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
(a) He has suffered from a long illness.
(b) His best friend has just died.
(c) He has discovered Louise La Valliere's infidelity with the king.
(d) He has been stripped of his commission in the army.
5. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
(a) He does not lose or win anything, but breaks even.
(b) He loses money, but is given one hundred pistoles as a consolation.
(c) One thousand pistoles.
(d) Three thousand pistoles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
2. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
3. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
4. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
5. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)