|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) St. Mande.
(c) The the palace.
(d) Aramis's home.
2. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
(a) A courier with a letter of release.
(b) Baisemeux's wife enters with an invitation from Fouquet.
(c) A problem in the prison.
(d) A servant coming with a message.
3. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
(a) One month.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) A fortnight.
4. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
(b) He has poor eyesight in the night.
(c) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(d) He is nervous about his decision.
5. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(c) He does not name the criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the guards allow Fouquet to enter the Bastille in Chapter 22?
2. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
3. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
4. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
5. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)