|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(a) De Guiche.
(b) The king.
2. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) The overthrow of Fouquet.
(b) The attainment of a vast fortune.
(c) The overthrow of Colbert.
(d) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
3. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
(a) In Fouquet's bed.
(b) In an armchair.
(c) On the floor.
(d) He refuses to sleep and spends the night pacing upright.
4. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
(a) The king himself.
(b) The Queen.
5. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
(a) He has suffered from a long illness.
(b) His best friend has just died.
(c) He has been stripped of his commission in the army.
(d) He has discovered Louise La Valliere's infidelity with the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
2. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
3. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
4. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
5. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)