|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
(a) He is one of Fouquet's painters.
(b) He is a valet for Percerin.
(c) He is Aramis's servant.
(d) He is a messenger.
2. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
(a) He says the king is ill.
(b) He says the king is occupied with his mistress.
(c) He says the king has gone out for an early morning walk.
(d) He says the king is too fatigued to receive anyone.
3. How did the prisoner discover that the lady who visited him monthly during his childhood was the Queen?
(a) A servant from the village informed him.
(b) The Queen herself told him.
(c) He overheard his caretakers discussing her.
(d) His nurse told him.
4. What does D'Artagnan think will be the fate of all of those who know the secret of Philippe?
(a) They will be imprisoned for life.
(b) They will die.
(c) They will live quite indifferently to the secret.
(d) They will live a life of fear.
5. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(d) He does not name the criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
2. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
3. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
4. Why won't the guards allow Fouquet to enter the Bastille in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)