|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fouquet request of Aramis after he draws his sword in Chapter 21?
(a) He asks Aramis to kill Philippe.
(b) He asks Aramis to retrieve Louis.
(c) He asks Aramis to take his life.
(d) He challenges Aramis to a duel.
2. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
(a) He asks for a good meal and a comfortable bed.
(b) He asks for letters of introdution to court at Spain and supplies for travel.
(c) He asks for Athos to hide Porthos and to not reveal Aramis's destination to his pursuers.
(d) He asks for absolution and for fresh horses.
3. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
(a) He thinks they are both equal in their faculties.
(b) He thinks Louis is the better king.
(c) He think neither of them would be suited to the job.
(d) He thinks Philippe would be superior.
4. At the last minute who decides to accompany Raoul on his expedition?
5. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
(a) It has a painting of good and bad dreams on it.
(b) It is pure gold.
(c) It is glass and can see into the starry night.
(d) It has a large chandelier with 1000 candles on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
2. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
3. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
4. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
5. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)