|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
(b) He wants to rest for the evening.
(c) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(d) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
2. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is deaf and dumb.
(b) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(c) He is a relative of the king.
(d) He is a musketeer.
3. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
(d) St. Cloud.
4. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
(a) A divorce will be consented to.
(b) She will be married to Phillippe.
(c) She will be imprisoned with her husband.
(d) She be killed by an assassin.
5. In Chapter 21, how much time does Fouquet give Aramis to get out of reach of the king?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Four hours.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
2. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
3. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
4. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
5. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)