|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
(a) He switches the letter of release for a forgery.
(b) He puts some sleeping medicine in Baisemeaux's wine.
(c) He steals the keys to several cells.
(d) He drops his hat out of the window as a signal.
2. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
(b) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(c) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
(d) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
3. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
4. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
(b) Aramis asks him to stay.
(c) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
(d) He is fast asleep in a chair.
5. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
(b) His title is not given.
(c) The Bishop of Vannes.
(d) Duke d'Isle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
2. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
3. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
4. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
5. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)