|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) The Greek God of war.
(b) The three fates.
(c) A lion and several prisoners.
(d) St. Peter in Bonds.
2. What does D'Artagnan request from the king before he arrest Fouquet?
(a) A conference with the other ministers of state.
(b) Additional men.
(c) His instructions in writing.
(d) A trial for Fouquet.
3. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) Baisemeaux's own quarters.
(b) Philippe's old cell.
(c) He is thrown in with several other mad prisoners.
(d) The very bottom dungeon.
4. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(b) Aramis's home.
(c) St. Mande.
(d) The the palace.
5. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
(a) He does not lose or win anything, but breaks even.
(b) Three thousand pistoles.
(c) He loses money, but is given one hundred pistoles as a consolation.
(d) One thousand pistoles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of the play being composed for the fete at Vaux in Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
4. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
5. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)