|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
(a) He does not want another carriage to stop and offer assistance to them.
(b) He does not want to take the carriage off of the road, but wants to have the conversation immediately.
(c) The carriage is broken and needs to be repaired.
(d) They want to abandon the carriage and not have it draw suspicion.
2. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
(a) A rare set of parrots.
(b) A pack of hounds.
(c) An elephant.
(d) Arabian racehorces.
3. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
(a) He kneels in prayer with his head constantly bowed.
(b) He stands gazing at the heavens.
(c) He lays down on the ground and covers his face with his hands as he thinks.
(d) He paces back and forth in front of the carriage.
4. What does Fouquet request from the king regarding Aramis and Porthos in Chapter 23?
(a) He asks that they are imprisoned for life.
(b) He asks that they are sentenced to death.
(c) He asks that they are exiled.
(d) He asks that they are pardoned.
5. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
(a) The early rainshower in the morning.
(b) The position of his sword.
(c) The position of his eggs when breakfast was served.
(d) The sound of an early morning bird call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
2. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
3. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
4. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
5. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)