|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
2. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
(a) A courier with a letter of release.
(b) Baisemeux's wife enters with an invitation from Fouquet.
(c) A servant coming with a message.
(d) A problem in the prison.
3. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(a) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Aramis himself will come.
4. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
(a) He tears it up.
(b) He gives it back to Baisemeaux.
(c) He takes it for safe keeping.
(d) He burns it in the fire.
5. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
(a) A private letter of Aramis's that he has intercepted.
(b) His instincts.
(c) A tip from a servant.
(d) A conversation between Aramis and Philippe he overheard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
2. What action does Fouquet suggest Louis take before they return to Vaux?
3. When Fouquet supposes that Aramis has intervened with the king to prevent his arrest in Chapter 21, how does he feel?
4. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
5. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)