|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baisemeaux request from Fouquet before he can release the prisoner in Chapter 22?
(a) A signed order from the king.
(b) An order signed by Fouquet.
(c) An order signed by Aramis.
(d) Proof of Fouquet's identity.
2. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
(a) In an armchair.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In Fouquet's bed.
(d) He refuses to sleep and spends the night pacing upright.
3. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
(a) A problem in the prison.
(b) A courier with a letter of release.
(c) A servant coming with a message.
(d) Baisemeux's wife enters with an invitation from Fouquet.
4. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
(a) He asks for Athos to hide Porthos and to not reveal Aramis's destination to his pursuers.
(b) He asks for letters of introdution to court at Spain and supplies for travel.
(c) He asks for a good meal and a comfortable bed.
(d) He asks for absolution and for fresh horses.
5. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
(a) He laughs that the prisoner has gone mad as if it is a joke.
(b) He sends a guard to silence Louis.
(c) He is annoyed, but just continues on with his meal.
(d) He goes to see what the commotion is about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
2. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
3. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
4. What does Porthos believe he is to receive for his part in the plot?
5. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)