|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
(a) He is a valet for Percerin.
(b) He is one of Fouquet's painters.
(c) He is a messenger.
(d) He is Aramis's servant.
2. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
(a) Aramis and Fouquet.
(b) Colbert and Porthos.
(c) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(d) Porthos and Aramis.
3. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(b) He wants to rest for the evening.
(c) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(d) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
4. What does Fouquet request from the king regarding Aramis and Porthos in Chapter 23?
(a) He asks that they are exiled.
(b) He asks that they are pardoned.
(c) He asks that they are imprisoned for life.
(d) He asks that they are sentenced to death.
5. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
(a) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(b) Colbert and Queen Anne.
(c) Two servants.
(d) No one overhears the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
2. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
3. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
4. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
5. How did the prisoner discover that the lady who visited him monthly during his childhood was the Queen?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)