|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
(a) Ten thousand francs.
(b) He doesn't offer him any money, only freedom.
(c) One thousand pistols.
(d) A large measure of gold.
2. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
(b) He is nervous about his decision.
(c) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(d) He has poor eyesight in the night.
3. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
(a) It has a painting of good and bad dreams on it.
(b) It is glass and can see into the starry night.
(c) It is pure gold.
(d) It has a large chandelier with 1000 candles on it.
4. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks about Fouquet's family.
(b) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(c) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
(d) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
5. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
(a) The ring of the king with the royal crest.
(b) Written notes on the king and society of the court.
(c) An assortment of books about political history.
(d) A barber to cut Philippe's hair in the fashion of the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
2. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
3. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
4. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
5. What does Porthos believe he is to receive for his part in the plot?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)