|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
(b) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(c) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
(d) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
2. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) The letter of release for Seldon.
(b) An order to reimprison Marchiali.
(c) A large bag of money as a bribe.
(d) A sword.
3. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
(c) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
(d) The king.
4. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
(a) Cardinal de la Rochelle.
(d) Monsieur de la Fere.
5. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) St. Peter in Bonds.
(b) A lion and several prisoners.
(c) The three fates.
(d) The Greek God of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
3. What is the king screaming when Fouquet stands outside his cell in Chapter 22?
4. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
5. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)