|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
(a) Directly above the king's room.
(b) Directly under the king's room.
(c) Directly to the right of the king's room.
(d) Directly to the left of the king's room.
2. When Fouquet supposes that Aramis has intervened with the king to prevent his arrest in Chapter 21, how does he feel?
3. At what time of night was Louis XIV taken from his bed?
(a) The precise time of the switch is not known.
(b) Just after dusk.
(c) Between twelve and one o'clock.
(d) Just before dawn.
4. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is deaf and dumb.
(b) He is a relative of the king.
(c) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(d) He is a musketeer.
5. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(b) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
(c) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(d) He wants to rest for the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
2. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
3. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
4. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
5. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)