|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
(a) He writes a letter verfiying the order.
(b) He gets Baisemeux drunk and then persuades him.
(c) He claims that he saw the order signed in his presence.
(d) He threatens Baisemeux with pistols to release the prisoner.
2. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
3. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
(a) It has a large chandelier with 1000 candles on it.
(b) It has a painting of good and bad dreams on it.
(c) It is pure gold.
(d) It is glass and can see into the starry night.
4. What does Baisemeaux request from Fouquet before he can release the prisoner in Chapter 22?
(a) An order signed by Fouquet.
(b) Proof of Fouquet's identity.
(c) An order signed by Aramis.
(d) A signed order from the king.
5. What does Fouquet request of Aramis after he draws his sword in Chapter 21?
(a) He asks Aramis to kill Philippe.
(b) He challenges Aramis to a duel.
(c) He asks Aramis to take his life.
(d) He asks Aramis to retrieve Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
2. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What is the king screaming when Fouquet stands outside his cell in Chapter 22?
4. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
5. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)