|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
(b) Queen Anne.
2. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
(a) The arrest of Fouquet.
(b) The arrest of Colbert.
(c) The discharge of several soldiers.
(d) The release of Fouquet.
3. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
(a) He asks for Athos to hide Porthos and to not reveal Aramis's destination to his pursuers.
(b) He asks for absolution and for fresh horses.
(c) He asks for a good meal and a comfortable bed.
(d) He asks for letters of introdution to court at Spain and supplies for travel.
4. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(b) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
5. Once the king has been imprisoned in the Bastille, where does Porthos go?
(a) He goes into Paris to drink with some friends.
(b) He goes to his chateaux.
(c) He returns to Vaux.
(d) He stays at the Bastille to guard the prisoner until Aramis returns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes King Louis to come to terms with his imprisonment in the Bastille?
2. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
3. When Aramis relates the whole conspiracy to Athos in Chapter 26, what is Athos's judgment?
4. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
5. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)