|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baisemeaux request from Fouquet before he can release the prisoner in Chapter 22?
(a) An order signed by Fouquet.
(b) Proof of Fouquet's identity.
(c) A signed order from the king.
(d) An order signed by Aramis.
2. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
(a) One thousand pistoles.
(b) He does not lose or win anything, but breaks even.
(c) He loses money, but is given one hundred pistoles as a consolation.
(d) Three thousand pistoles.
3. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Playing music.
(c) Practicing fencing.
(d) Playing cards.
4. What does Athos provide Porthos and Aramis with in Chapter 26?
(a) Fresh clothing.
(c) Fresh horses.
5. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
(a) He forces the king to wear a sack over his head.
(b) He forces the king to wear a mask.
(c) He takes him into the prison by a secret passage.
(d) He rings a bell and beats a drum to clear the passages.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
2. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
3. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
4. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
5. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)