|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baisemeaux request from Fouquet before he can release the prisoner in Chapter 22?
(a) Proof of Fouquet's identity.
(b) An order signed by Fouquet.
(c) An order signed by Aramis.
(d) A signed order from the king.
2. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
(a) He drops his hat out of the window as a signal.
(b) He switches the letter of release for a forgery.
(c) He steals the keys to several cells.
(d) He puts some sleeping medicine in Baisemeaux's wine.
3. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(c) He does not name the criminal.
4. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(b) The overthrow of Fouquet.
(c) The overthrow of Colbert.
(d) The attainment of a vast fortune.
5. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) Philippe's old cell.
(b) Baisemeaux's own quarters.
(c) He is thrown in with several other mad prisoners.
(d) The very bottom dungeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
2. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
3. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
4. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
5. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)