|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
(a) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
(c) The king.
2. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
(a) A priest.
(b) Monsieur Percerin.
(c) The King.
3. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
(a) He has suffered from a long illness.
(b) He has discovered Louise La Valliere's infidelity with the king.
(c) He has been stripped of his commission in the army.
(d) His best friend has just died.
4. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He is laughing at a joke made by Porthos.
(b) He laughs at a pleasant memory.
(c) He is laughing over his good forutne.
(d) He doesn't give a reason for his laughter.
5. What does Athos provide Porthos and Aramis with in Chapter 26?
(b) Fresh clothing.
(c) Fresh horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
2. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
4. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
5. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)