|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
(a) His instincts.
(b) A tip from a servant.
(c) A conversation between Aramis and Philippe he overheard.
(d) A private letter of Aramis's that he has intercepted.
2. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
(a) He writes a letter verfiying the order.
(b) He threatens Baisemeux with pistols to release the prisoner.
(c) He claims that he saw the order signed in his presence.
(d) He gets Baisemeux drunk and then persuades him.
3. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
(a) The arrest of Fouquet.
(b) The discharge of several soldiers.
(c) The release of Fouquet.
(d) The arrest of Colbert.
4. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
(b) He is nervous about his decision.
(c) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(d) He has poor eyesight in the night.
5. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
2. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
3. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
4. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
5. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)