|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
(c) The King.
(d) Monsieur Fouquet.
2. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
(a) He says the king is ill.
(b) He says the king is too fatigued to receive anyone.
(c) He says the king has gone out for an early morning walk.
(d) He says the king is occupied with his mistress.
3. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(b) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
(c) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
(d) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
4. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
(a) Monsieur Percerin.
(c) A priest.
(d) The King.
5. In Chapter 21, how much time does Fouquet give Aramis to get out of reach of the king?
(a) Four hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
2. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
3. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
4. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
5. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)