|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The False King, Chapter 25, In Which Porthos thinks he is pursing a dukedom, and Chapter 26, The Last Adieus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Aramis himself will come.
(d) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
2. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(b) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(c) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(d) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
3. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(b) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
4. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
5. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
(a) One thousand pistoles.
(b) Three thousand pistoles.
(c) He does not lose or win anything, but breaks even.
(d) He loses money, but is given one hundred pistoles as a consolation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
2. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
3. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
4. Where does Fouquet suggest that Aramis should go as a place of refuge in Chapter 21?
5. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)