|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
(a) A note signed by the king.
(b) The voice of the king telling him they'll meet later.
(c) Aramis's persuasion.
(d) The arrival of the king's servant with breakfast.
2. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) The letter of release for Seldon.
(b) A sword.
(c) A large bag of money as a bribe.
(d) An order to reimprison Marchiali.
3. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
(b) Monsieur Fouquet.
(c) The King.
4. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He is nervous about his decision.
(b) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
(c) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(d) He has poor eyesight in the night.
5. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
(c) Louise La Valliere.
(d) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
2. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
3. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
4. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
5. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)