|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
(a) He takes him into the prison by a secret passage.
(b) He forces the king to wear a sack over his head.
(c) He forces the king to wear a mask.
(d) He rings a bell and beats a drum to clear the passages.
2. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
(b) Thirteen million.
(c) One million.
(d) Ten million.
3. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
(a) They are angry at the hardship to befall Fontaine.
(b) They are saddened for the humiliation Fontaine suffered.
(c) They are indifferent to his story.
(d) They burst out into laughter.
4. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
(a) He burns it in the fire.
(b) He takes it for safe keeping.
(c) He tears it up.
(d) He gives it back to Baisemeaux.
5. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(b) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(c) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
(d) He wants to know who the king converses with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
2. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
3. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
4. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
5. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)