|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) December 21.
(b) June 21.
(c) July 14.
(d) August 15.
2. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) The three fates.
(b) The Greek God of war.
(c) A lion and several prisoners.
(d) St. Peter in Bonds.
3. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
4. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
(a) A barber to cut Philippe's hair in the fashion of the king.
(b) Written notes on the king and society of the court.
(c) An assortment of books about political history.
(d) The ring of the king with the royal crest.
5. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
(a) He is Aramis's servant.
(b) He is a messenger.
(c) He is a valet for Percerin.
(d) He is one of Fouquet's painters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
2. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
3. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
4. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
5. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)