|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
(a) They burst out into laughter.
(b) They are saddened for the humiliation Fontaine suffered.
(c) They are angry at the hardship to befall Fontaine.
(d) They are indifferent to his story.
2. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
(a) Queen Anne.
3. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
(b) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
(c) Aramis asks him to stay.
(d) He is fast asleep in a chair.
4. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(b) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(c) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(d) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
5. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
2. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
3. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
4. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
5. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)