|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
(b) Charles Perrault.
(d) Jean de la Fontaine.
2. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
(a) He is busy and has other prisoners to attend to.
(b) He dislikes Louis and wants to punish him.
(c) He is deaf and dumb and cannot understand Louis's request.
(d) He supposes the prisoner is mad.
3. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(b) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(c) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(d) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
4. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
(a) He is a valet for Percerin.
(b) He is one of Fouquet's painters.
(c) He is Aramis's servant.
(d) He is a messenger.
5. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
(b) One million.
(c) Ten million.
(d) Thirteen million.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
2. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
3. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
4. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
5. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)