|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He laughs at a pleasant memory.
(b) He doesn't give a reason for his laughter.
(c) He is laughing at a joke made by Porthos.
(d) He is laughing over his good forutne.
2. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(a) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
(b) Aramis himself will come.
(d) The Queen.
3. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
(a) He steals the keys to several cells.
(b) He switches the letter of release for a forgery.
(c) He drops his hat out of the window as a signal.
(d) He puts some sleeping medicine in Baisemeaux's wine.
4. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
(a) They burst out into laughter.
(b) They are saddened for the humiliation Fontaine suffered.
(c) They are indifferent to his story.
(d) They are angry at the hardship to befall Fontaine.
5. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) One million.
(b) Ten million.
(c) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
(d) Thirteen million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
2. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
3. Who is the architect of Vaux-le-Vicomte?
4. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
5. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)