|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
(c) St. Cloud.
2. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
(a) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
(d) The king.
3. What house did the late Madame du Vallon have a chamber with a secret door in?
(b) Chateau of Pierrefonds.
4. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
(a) They were poisoned.
(b) They were executed.
(c) They were hung.
(d) They drowned.
5. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
(a) He says the king has gone out for an early morning walk.
(b) He says the king is too fatigued to receive anyone.
(c) He says the king is ill.
(d) He says the king is occupied with his mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
2. What causes King Louis to come to terms with his imprisonment in the Bastille?
3. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
4. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
5. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)