|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
(a) A conversation between Aramis and Philippe he overheard.
(b) A private letter of Aramis's that he has intercepted.
(c) A tip from a servant.
(d) His instincts.
2. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
(a) His estate at Vallon was recently destroyed by a fire.
(b) He had received bad news about his investments in Bracieux.
(c) He had not been invited to a party at Vaux he'd hoped to attend.
(d) He has no clothes that fit him.
3. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
(a) The early rainshower in the morning.
(b) The position of his sword.
(c) The sound of an early morning bird call.
(d) The position of his eggs when breakfast was served.
4. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to rest for the evening.
(b) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(c) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
(d) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
5. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
(a) Porthos and Aramis.
(b) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(c) Colbert and Porthos.
(d) Aramis and Fouquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
3. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
4. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
5. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)