|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
(a) He doesn't realize his bed is moving at all.
(b) He guesses he is being kidnapped.
(c) He thinks it is an earthquake.
(d) He thinks he's having a nightmare.
2. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A drawing of the king's clothing.
(b) A letter to give to M. Fouquet.
(c) His own outfit to wear to the party at Vaux.
(d) Patterns for the garments of the king.
3. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
(a) She will be imprisoned with her husband.
(b) She be killed by an assassin.
(c) She will be married to Phillippe.
(d) A divorce will be consented to.
4. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
(a) He forces the king to wear a sack over his head.
(b) He takes him into the prison by a secret passage.
(c) He forces the king to wear a mask.
(d) He rings a bell and beats a drum to clear the passages.
5. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
(c) St. Cloud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
2. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
3. When the king leaves the passage in Chapter 17, where is he taken?
4. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
5. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)