|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
(a) He steals the keys to several cells.
(b) He puts some sleeping medicine in Baisemeaux's wine.
(c) He drops his hat out of the window as a signal.
(d) He switches the letter of release for a forgery.
2. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(b) He is deaf and dumb.
(c) He is a relative of the king.
(d) He is a musketeer.
3. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
(a) One foot.
(b) Four inches.
(c) One foot and a half.
(d) They are exactly the same height.
4. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The will of the people.
(b) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(c) The legitimacy of his birth.
(d) The persecution he has undergone.
5. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) Philippe's old cell.
(b) The very bottom dungeon.
(c) He is thrown in with several other mad prisoners.
(d) Baisemeaux's own quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
2. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
3. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
4. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
5. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)