|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
(a) Duke d'Isle.
(b) The Bishop of Vannes.
(d) His title is not given.
2. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(a) He does not name the criminal.
3. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) June 21.
(b) August 15.
(c) July 14.
(d) December 21.
4. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
(a) No one overhears the king.
(b) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(c) Colbert and Queen Anne.
(d) Two servants.
5. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
(b) Charles Perrault.
(c) Jean de la Fontaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
2. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
3. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
4. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
5. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)