|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
(a) He was appointed due to his social connections at court.
(b) He was elected by the guild of tailors.
(c) He won a design contest for the wedding of Henry III.
(d) It is a hereditary title.
2. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
(b) He will not tell her what has upset him.
3. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
(a) She will be imprisoned with her husband.
(b) A divorce will be consented to.
(c) She be killed by an assassin.
(d) She will be married to Phillippe.
4. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) June 21.
(b) August 15.
(c) December 21.
(d) July 14.
5. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to know who the king converses with.
(b) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(c) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(d) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
2. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
3. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
4. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
5. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)