|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
(a) He drops his hat out of the window as a signal.
(b) He steals the keys to several cells.
(c) He switches the letter of release for a forgery.
(d) He puts some sleeping medicine in Baisemeaux's wine.
2. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
(a) He does not want another carriage to stop and offer assistance to them.
(b) They want to abandon the carriage and not have it draw suspicion.
(c) The carriage is broken and needs to be repaired.
(d) He does not want to take the carriage off of the road, but wants to have the conversation immediately.
3. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
(b) Ten years impriosonment.
(c) Lifetime imprisonment.
4. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(b) He is nervous about his decision.
(c) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
(d) He has poor eyesight in the night.
5. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
(a) He had not been invited to a party at Vaux he'd hoped to attend.
(b) He had received bad news about his investments in Bracieux.
(c) His estate at Vallon was recently destroyed by a fire.
(d) He has no clothes that fit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes King Louis to come to terms with his imprisonment in the Bastille?
2. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
3. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
4. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
5. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)