|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) Thirteen million.
(b) Ten million.
(c) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
(d) One million.
2. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The will of the people.
(b) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(c) The persecution he has undergone.
(d) The legitimacy of his birth.
3. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
(a) He stands gazing at the heavens.
(b) He paces back and forth in front of the carriage.
(c) He kneels in prayer with his head constantly bowed.
(d) He lays down on the ground and covers his face with his hands as he thinks.
4. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
(a) A divorce will be consented to.
(b) She will be married to Phillippe.
(c) She be killed by an assassin.
(d) She will be imprisoned with her husband.
5. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
(a) He claims Vaux belongs to posterity and those hwo created it.
(b) Fouquet claims to be the only true owner of Vaux.
(c) Vaux belongs to the king.
(d) He claims that Vaux belongs to his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
2. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
3. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
4. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
5. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)