|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(b) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(c) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(d) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
2. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) An order to reimprison Marchiali.
(b) A large bag of money as a bribe.
(c) The letter of release for Seldon.
(d) A sword.
3. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
(a) The King.
(c) Monsieur Fouquet.
4. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
(a) He does not want to take the carriage off of the road, but wants to have the conversation immediately.
(b) The carriage is broken and needs to be repaired.
(c) They want to abandon the carriage and not have it draw suspicion.
(d) He does not want another carriage to stop and offer assistance to them.
5. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
(a) He is making his own outfit for the party at Vaux.
(b) He is making five costumes for the King.
(c) He is busy working on all of his financial records.
(d) He is training his apprentices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
2. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
3. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
4. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
5. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)