|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
(c) Charles Perrault.
(d) Jean de la Fontaine.
2. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
(a) He tears it up.
(b) He takes it for safe keeping.
(c) He gives it back to Baisemeaux.
(d) He burns it in the fire.
3. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) St. Peter in Bonds.
(b) The Greek God of war.
(c) The three fates.
(d) A lion and several prisoners.
4. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(b) He wants to know who the king converses with.
(c) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
(d) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
5. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
2. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
3. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
4. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
5. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)