|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(b) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(c) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(d) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
2. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
(a) The sound of an early morning bird call.
(b) The early rainshower in the morning.
(c) The position of his eggs when breakfast was served.
(d) The position of his sword.
3. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
(a) They drowned.
(b) They were executed.
(c) They were hung.
(d) They were poisoned.
4. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
(a) He puts some sleeping medicine in Baisemeaux's wine.
(b) He switches the letter of release for a forgery.
(c) He steals the keys to several cells.
(d) He drops his hat out of the window as a signal.
5. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
(b) Charles Perrault.
(c) Jean de la Fontaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
2. What does D'Artagnan request from the king before he arrest Fouquet?
3. Who is the architect of Vaux-le-Vicomte?
4. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
5. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)