|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
(a) The arrival of the king's servant with breakfast.
(b) A note signed by the king.
(c) The voice of the king telling him they'll meet later.
(d) Aramis's persuasion.
2. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
(a) He goes to see what the commotion is about.
(b) He is annoyed, but just continues on with his meal.
(c) He sends a guard to silence Louis.
(d) He laughs that the prisoner has gone mad as if it is a joke.
3. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(c) He does not name the criminal.
4. What causes King Louis to come to terms with his imprisonment in the Bastille?
(a) The appearance of his first meager meal.
(b) The sounds of other prisoners wailing in agony.
(c) The appearance of a giant rat.
(d) The shadow of the prison bars cast by the morning sun on his wall.
5. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
2. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
3. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
4. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
5. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)