|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(b) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(c) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(d) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
2. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) June 21.
(b) August 15.
(c) July 14.
(d) December 21.
3. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
(c) Govenor of the Prison.
(d) Prison Guard.
4. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
(a) He drops his hat out of the window as a signal.
(b) He switches the letter of release for a forgery.
(c) He steals the keys to several cells.
(d) He puts some sleeping medicine in Baisemeaux's wine.
5. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
(a) He is busy working on all of his financial records.
(b) He is making his own outfit for the party at Vaux.
(c) He is making five costumes for the King.
(d) He is training his apprentices.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
2. Who is the architect of Vaux-le-Vicomte?
3. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
4. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
5. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)