|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(b) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
(c) She asks about Fouquet's family.
(d) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
2. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
3. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
(c) Queen Anne.
4. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
(a) Practicing fencing.
(b) Playing music.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Playing cards.
5. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(b) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(c) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(d) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the prisoner discover that the lady who visited him monthly during his childhood was the Queen?
2. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
3. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
4. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
5. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)