|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
(a) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
(d) The king.
2. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(b) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
(c) Aramis himself will come.
(d) The Queen.
3. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
(a) The king.
(c) Monsieur Fouquet.
4. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(b) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(c) He wants to rest for the evening.
(d) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
5. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
(a) He was appointed due to his social connections at court.
(b) He won a design contest for the wedding of Henry III.
(c) It is a hereditary title.
(d) He was elected by the guild of tailors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
2. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
3. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
4. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
5. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)