|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
2. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
(a) The ring of the king with the royal crest.
(b) Written notes on the king and society of the court.
(c) A barber to cut Philippe's hair in the fashion of the king.
(d) An assortment of books about political history.
3. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
4. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
(a) Four inches.
(b) One foot and a half.
(c) One foot.
(d) They are exactly the same height.
5. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
(a) He claims that he saw the order signed in his presence.
(b) He writes a letter verfiying the order.
(c) He gets Baisemeux drunk and then persuades him.
(d) He threatens Baisemeux with pistols to release the prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
2. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
3. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
4. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
5. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)