|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
(a) A painting for the king.
(b) A musical composition for the party.
(c) A song for King Louis XIV.
(d) The prologue to a play.
2. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
(d) St. Cloud.
3. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
(b) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(c) She asks about Fouquet's family.
(d) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
4. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He has poor eyesight in the night.
(b) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(c) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
(d) He is nervous about his decision.
5. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
(a) They drowned.
(b) They were poisoned.
(c) They were hung.
(d) They were executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
2. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
3. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
4. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
5. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)