|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
(a) The carriage is broken and needs to be repaired.
(b) He does not want to take the carriage off of the road, but wants to have the conversation immediately.
(c) They want to abandon the carriage and not have it draw suspicion.
(d) He does not want another carriage to stop and offer assistance to them.
2. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
(a) A priest.
(c) Monsieur Percerin.
(d) The King.
3. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
(a) Directly to the right of the king's room.
(b) Directly to the left of the king's room.
(c) Directly under the king's room.
(d) Directly above the king's room.
4. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is a relative of the king.
(b) He is deaf and dumb.
(c) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(d) He is a musketeer.
5. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(b) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(c) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(d) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
2. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
3. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
5. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)