|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the play being composed for the fete at Vaux in Chapter 6?
(a) The play does not have a name.
2. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
(a) Ten thousand francs.
(b) One thousand pistols.
(c) He doesn't offer him any money, only freedom.
(d) A large measure of gold.
3. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
(b) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
(c) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
(d) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
4. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) The overthrow of Fouquet.
(b) The attainment of a vast fortune.
(c) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(d) The overthrow of Colbert.
5. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A drawing of the king's clothing.
(b) Patterns for the garments of the king.
(c) His own outfit to wear to the party at Vaux.
(d) A letter to give to M. Fouquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
2. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
3. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
4. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
5. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)