|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The the palace.
(b) St. Mande.
(d) Aramis's home.
2. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The legitimacy of his birth.
(b) The will of the people.
(c) The persecution he has undergone.
(d) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
3. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
(a) They are indifferent to his story.
(b) They are angry at the hardship to befall Fontaine.
(c) They burst out into laughter.
(d) They are saddened for the humiliation Fontaine suffered.
4. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) Aramis asks him to stay.
(b) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(c) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
(d) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
5. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) Ten million.
(b) Thirteen million.
(c) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
(d) One million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
2. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
3. What profession does Baisemeaux hold?
4. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
5. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)