|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
(a) A problem in the prison.
(b) A servant coming with a message.
(c) Baisemeux's wife enters with an invitation from Fouquet.
(d) A courier with a letter of release.
2. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
(a) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(b) Colbert and Queen Anne.
(c) No one overhears the king.
(d) Two servants.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The will of the people.
(b) The legitimacy of his birth.
(c) The persecution he has undergone.
(d) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
4. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
5. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
(a) St. Cloud.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
2. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
3. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
4. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
5. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)