|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
(a) He had not been invited to a party at Vaux he'd hoped to attend.
(b) He had received bad news about his investments in Bracieux.
(c) He has no clothes that fit him.
(d) His estate at Vallon was recently destroyed by a fire.
2. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) June 21.
(b) July 14.
(c) August 15.
(d) December 21.
3. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
(a) Four inches.
(b) They are exactly the same height.
(c) One foot.
(d) One foot and a half.
4. What house did the late Madame du Vallon have a chamber with a secret door in?
(a) Chateau of Pierrefonds.
5. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
(b) Jean de la Fontaine.
(c) Charles Perrault.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
2. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
3. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
4. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
5. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)