|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
(a) The king.
(b) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
2. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
(a) He had received bad news about his investments in Bracieux.
(b) His estate at Vallon was recently destroyed by a fire.
(c) He had not been invited to a party at Vaux he'd hoped to attend.
(d) He has no clothes that fit him.
3. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
(a) One foot.
(b) They are exactly the same height.
(c) Four inches.
(d) One foot and a half.
4. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
(a) Written notes on the king and society of the court.
(b) A barber to cut Philippe's hair in the fashion of the king.
(c) The ring of the king with the royal crest.
(d) An assortment of books about political history.
5. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
(b) One million.
(c) Ten million.
(d) Thirteen million.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
2. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
3. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
4. What is the name of the play being composed for the fete at Vaux in Chapter 6?
5. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)