|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
(b) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
(c) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(d) She asks about Fouquet's family.
2. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
(a) He was elected by the guild of tailors.
(b) He was appointed due to his social connections at court.
(c) It is a hereditary title.
(d) He won a design contest for the wedding of Henry III.
3. Who is the architect of Vaux-le-Vicomte?
4. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
(b) Jean de la Fontaine.
(d) Charles Perrault.
5. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
(a) Directly to the left of the king's room.
(b) Directly above the king's room.
(c) Directly under the king's room.
(d) Directly to the right of the king's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
2. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
3. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
4. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)