|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(a) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
(b) Aramis himself will come.
(d) The Queen.
2. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
3. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
(b) Aramis asks him to stay.
(c) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(d) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
4. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
(a) The King.
(b) Monsieur Percerin.
(d) A priest.
5. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The legitimacy of his birth.
(b) The will of the people.
(c) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(d) The persecution he has undergone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
2. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
3. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
4. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
5. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)