|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
(a) Written notes on the king and society of the court.
(b) An assortment of books about political history.
(c) A barber to cut Philippe's hair in the fashion of the king.
(d) The ring of the king with the royal crest.
2. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
3. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
(a) He lays down on the ground and covers his face with his hands as he thinks.
(b) He stands gazing at the heavens.
(c) He kneels in prayer with his head constantly bowed.
(d) He paces back and forth in front of the carriage.
4. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(b) He is deaf and dumb.
(c) He is a relative of the king.
(d) He is a musketeer.
5. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(b) The will of the people.
(c) The legitimacy of his birth.
(d) The persecution he has undergone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
4. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
5. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)