|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
(c) Monsieur Fouquet.
(d) The king.
2. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
(a) They want to abandon the carriage and not have it draw suspicion.
(b) He does not want another carriage to stop and offer assistance to them.
(c) The carriage is broken and needs to be repaired.
(d) He does not want to take the carriage off of the road, but wants to have the conversation immediately.
3. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) The overthrow of Fouquet.
(b) The attainment of a vast fortune.
(c) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(d) The overthrow of Colbert.
4. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
5. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
(b) Monsieur Fouquet.
(c) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
2. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
3. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
5. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)