|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wine of Melun, Chapter 13, Nectar and Ambrosia, and Chapter 14, A Gascon and a gascon and a half.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The persecution he has undergone.
(b) The will of the people.
(c) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(d) The legitimacy of his birth.
2. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
(a) It has a large chandelier with 1000 candles on it.
(b) It is glass and can see into the starry night.
(c) It is pure gold.
(d) It has a painting of good and bad dreams on it.
3. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
(a) He puts some sleeping medicine in Baisemeaux's wine.
(b) He switches the letter of release for a forgery.
(c) He drops his hat out of the window as a signal.
(d) He steals the keys to several cells.
4. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(b) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
(c) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(d) He wants to rest for the evening.
5. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(b) The Queen.
(c) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
(d) Aramis himself will come.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
2. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
3. How did the prisoner discover that the lady who visited him monthly during his childhood was the Queen?
4. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
5. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)