|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Beehive, the Bees, and the Honey, Chapter 7, Another supper at the Bastille, and Chapter 8, The General of the Order.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Practicing fencing.
(d) Playing music.
2. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
(b) Charles Perrault.
(c) Jean de la Fontaine.
3. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
(b) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
(c) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(d) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
4. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
(a) He is a valet for Percerin.
(b) He is one of Fouquet's painters.
(c) He is Aramis's servant.
(d) He is a messenger.
5. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
(d) St. Cloud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
2. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
3. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
4. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
5. What is the name of the play being composed for the fete at Vaux in Chapter 6?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)