|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Beehive, the Bees, and the Honey, Chapter 7, Another supper at the Bastille, and Chapter 8, The General of the Order.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
(a) He has no clothes that fit him.
(b) His estate at Vallon was recently destroyed by a fire.
(c) He had not been invited to a party at Vaux he'd hoped to attend.
(d) He had received bad news about his investments in Bracieux.
2. In Chapter 2, who does D'Artagnan plan to take Porthos to, to solve his problem?
(a) Monsieur Percerin.
(b) The King.
(d) A priest.
3. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
(b) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
(c) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(d) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
4. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(c) He does not name the criminal.
5. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(a) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
2. What house did the late Madame du Vallon have a chamber with a secret door in?
3. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
4. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
5. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)