|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Beehive, the Bees, and the Honey, Chapter 7, Another supper at the Bastille, and Chapter 8, The General of the Order.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
(d) St. Cloud.
2. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
(a) He puts some sleeping medicine in Baisemeaux's wine.
(b) He drops his hat out of the window as a signal.
(c) He switches the letter of release for a forgery.
(d) He steals the keys to several cells.
3. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
(a) He is making his own outfit for the party at Vaux.
(b) He is making five costumes for the King.
(c) He is training his apprentices.
(d) He is busy working on all of his financial records.
4. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
(a) He threatens Baisemeux with pistols to release the prisoner.
(b) He claims that he saw the order signed in his presence.
(c) He gets Baisemeux drunk and then persuades him.
(d) He writes a letter verfiying the order.
5. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
(b) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
(c) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(d) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
2. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
3. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
4. How did the preceptor and the nurse of the prisoner die?
5. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)