|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Beehive, the Bees, and the Honey, Chapter 7, Another supper at the Bastille, and Chapter 8, The General of the Order.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
(a) He is busy working on all of his financial records.
(b) He is making five costumes for the King.
(c) He is making his own outfit for the party at Vaux.
(d) He is training his apprentices.
2. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
(b) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
(c) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(d) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
3. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
(a) He claims that he saw the order signed in his presence.
(b) He writes a letter verfiying the order.
(c) He threatens Baisemeux with pistols to release the prisoner.
(d) He gets Baisemeux drunk and then persuades him.
4. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(d) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
5. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
(a) His title is not given.
(b) The Bishop of Vannes.
(d) Duke d'Isle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
2. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
3. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
4. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
5. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)