Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 54, The Friends of M. Fouquet, Chapter 55, Porthos' Will, Chapter 56, The Old Age of Athos, Chapter 57, The Vision of Athos, and Chapter 58, The Angel of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
(a) He puts some sleeping medicine in Baisemeaux's wine.
(b) He steals the keys to several cells.
(c) He drops his hat out of the window as a signal.
(d) He switches the letter of release for a forgery.
2. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
(a) He tears it up.
(b) He takes it for safe keeping.
(c) He gives it back to Baisemeaux.
(d) He burns it in the fire.
3. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
(a) His estate at Vallon was recently destroyed by a fire.
(b) He had received bad news about his investments in Bracieux.
(c) He had not been invited to a party at Vaux he'd hoped to attend.
(d) He has no clothes that fit him.
4. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The persecution he has undergone.
(b) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(c) The legitimacy of his birth.
(d) The will of the people.
5. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(a) Calvary Captain.
(c) Foot soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is D'Artagnan's intended destination when he heads for the stables after resigning in Nantes?
2. What does D'Artagnan tell Raoul and Athos to pretend to be in Chapter 31?
3. Once the king has been imprisoned in the Bastille, where does Porthos go?
4. Who told Porthos to arrive at Vaux twenty-four hours before the party?
5. How do Porthos and Aramis attempt to escape in Chapter 46?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)