|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
(b) Monsieur de la Fere.
(d) Cardinal de la Rochelle.
2. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
(a) He thinks it is an earthquake.
(b) He doesn't realize his bed is moving at all.
(c) He thinks he's having a nightmare.
(d) He guesses he is being kidnapped.
3. According to Aramis in Chapter 1, who will come to fetch the prisoner in the future?
(a) Aramis himself will come.
(c) He does not tell the prisoner who will rescue him.
(d) The Queen.
4. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
(a) He writes a letter verfiying the order.
(b) He threatens Baisemeux with pistols to release the prisoner.
(c) He gets Baisemeux drunk and then persuades him.
(d) He claims that he saw the order signed in his presence.
5. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
(a) His best friend has just died.
(b) He has suffered from a long illness.
(c) He has discovered Louise La Valliere's infidelity with the king.
(d) He has been stripped of his commission in the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
2. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
3. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
4. How many suits was Mouston measured for in behalf of Porthos?
5. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)