|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, In the Carriage of M. Colbert, Chapter, 37, The Two Lighters, and Chapter 38, Friendly Advice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
(a) They burst out into laughter.
(b) They are saddened for the humiliation Fontaine suffered.
(c) They are indifferent to his story.
(d) They are angry at the hardship to befall Fontaine.
2. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) Aramis asks him to stay.
(b) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(c) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
(d) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
3. How did the prisoner discover that the lady who visited him monthly during his childhood was the Queen?
(a) He overheard his caretakers discussing her.
(b) The Queen herself told him.
(c) His nurse told him.
(d) A servant from the village informed him.
4. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
(c) Cardinal de la Rochelle.
(d) Monsieur de la Fere.
5. Why won't the guards allow Fouquet to enter the Bastille in Chapter 22?
(a) They do not believe it is Fouquet.
(b) They dislike Fouquet.
(c) They are under orders to prevent Fouquet from entering the prison.
(d) There is a riot going on in the prison and no one is being allowed in or out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Fouquet's friends give him in the end of Chapter 15?
2. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
3. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
4. How much taller is Porthos than Mouston?
5. What does D'Artagnan think will be the fate of all of those who know the secret of Philippe?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)