|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, A Night at the Bastille, Chapter 19, The Shadow of M. Fouquet, Chapter 20, The Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
(b) Jean de la Fontaine.
(c) Charles Perrault.
2. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(c) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
3. What is the name of the village where the prisoner spent his early years?
(d) St. Cloud.
4. What reason does Percerin give to D'Artagnan for being pressed for time and unable to help him and Porthos in Chapter 4?
(a) He is making his own outfit for the party at Vaux.
(b) He is busy working on all of his financial records.
(c) He is training his apprentices.
(d) He is making five costumes for the King.
5. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(b) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
(c) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(d) He wants to rest for the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
2. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
3. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
4. How did the prisoner discover that the lady who visited him monthly during his childhood was the Queen?
5. What causes King Louis to come to terms with his imprisonment in the Bastille?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)