Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Beehive, the Bees, and the Honey, Chapter 7, Another supper at the Bastille, and Chapter 8, The General of the Order.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When D'Artagnan comes to visit Porthos in Chapter 2, what reason does Porthos give for his melancholy?
(a) He has no clothes that fit him.
(b) He had received bad news about his investments in Bracieux.
(c) His estate at Vallon was recently destroyed by a fire.
(d) He had not been invited to a party at Vaux he'd hoped to attend.
2. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
(a) A rare set of parrots.
(b) A pack of hounds.
(c) An elephant.
(d) Arabian racehorces.
3. What is title is Aramis recognized by in Chapter 1?
(a) His title is not given.
(c) The Bishop of Vannes.
(d) Duke d'Isle.
4. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
(a) He does not want another carriage to stop and offer assistance to them.
(b) They want to abandon the carriage and not have it draw suspicion.
(c) He does not want to take the carriage off of the road, but wants to have the conversation immediately.
(d) The carriage is broken and needs to be repaired.
5. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Playing music.
(c) Practicing fencing.
(d) Writing poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
2. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
3. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
4. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
5. What is the name of the play being composed for the fete at Vaux in Chapter 6?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)