|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
(a) A rare set of parrots.
(b) A pack of hounds.
(c) Arabian racehorces.
(d) An elephant.
2. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(c) He does not name the criminal.
3. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
(a) Practicing fencing.
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Playing music.
(d) Writing poetry.
4. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
(a) She wants him killed.
(b) She wants him pardoned and to return to his previous status.
(c) She wants him imprisoned for life.
(d) She wants him appointed Prime Minister.
5. What does Athos promise to give Raoul when he returns from Africa?
(a) His title.
(b) The capital of his estates.
(c) His blessing on Raoul's marraige to a woman of his choice.
(d) His entire fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
2. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
3. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
4. When Fouquet supposes that Aramis has intervened with the king to prevent his arrest in Chapter 21, how does he feel?
5. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)