|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
(a) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(b) Colbert and Queen Anne.
(c) No one overhears the king.
(d) Two servants.
2. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
(a) Send gift to them for their journey.
(b) Take notes on their meeting.
(c) Guard them.
(d) Spy on their meetings.
3. Why won't the guards allow Fouquet to enter the Bastille in Chapter 22?
(a) There is a riot going on in the prison and no one is being allowed in or out.
(b) They are under orders to prevent Fouquet from entering the prison.
(c) They do not believe it is Fouquet.
(d) They dislike Fouquet.
4. Who is the architect of Vaux-le-Vicomte?
5. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
(a) A private letter of Aramis's that he has intercepted.
(b) His instincts.
(c) A tip from a servant.
(d) A conversation between Aramis and Philippe he overheard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
2. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
3. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
4. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
5. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)