|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
(a) The fate of Louis saddens him.
(b) He views it as great luck for him.
(c) He regards it as a great crime and it angers him.
(d) He is indifferent to the action.
2. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
(a) Porthos and Aramis.
(b) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(c) Colbert and Porthos.
(d) Aramis and Fouquet.
3. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
(a) The Queen and Colbert.
(b) La Valliere and the King.
(c) Fouquet and La Valliere.
(d) The princess and De Guiche.
4. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
(a) His instincts.
(b) A conversation between Aramis and Philippe he overheard.
(c) A tip from a servant.
(d) A private letter of Aramis's that he has intercepted.
5. Once the king has been imprisoned in the Bastille, where does Porthos go?
(a) He goes into Paris to drink with some friends.
(b) He returns to Vaux.
(c) He goes to his chateaux.
(d) He stays at the Bastille to guard the prisoner until Aramis returns.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Baisemeaux ensure that no one sees the king when he brought by Aramis to the prison?
2. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
3. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
4. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
5. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)