|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
(a) Vaux belongs to the king.
(b) He claims that Vaux belongs to his son.
(c) Fouquet claims to be the only true owner of Vaux.
(d) He claims Vaux belongs to posterity and those hwo created it.
2. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
3. Who fires a shot at Raoul and Athos on the Isle of St. Marguerite?
(b) The Governor.
(d) The sentinel.
4. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(b) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(c) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(d) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
5. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
(a) The voice of the king telling him they'll meet later.
(b) The arrival of the king's servant with breakfast.
(c) A note signed by the king.
(d) Aramis's persuasion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Athos promise to give Raoul when he returns from Africa?
2. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
3. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
4. When D'Artagnan arrives back in Paris, who does he find has taken ill in Chapter 34?
5. How do Porthos and Aramis attempt to escape in Chapter 46?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)