|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
(a) Henry IV.
(b) Louis XIII.
(c) William the Conquorer.
(d) Henry III.
2. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
(a) D'Artagnan notices a difference in Philippe that he cannot identify.
(b) D'Artagnan believes that Aramis is on a mission for the king.
(c) D'Artagnan does not know Aramis is gone.
(d) D'Artagnan does not understand the king's friendliness with Aramis.
3. What reason does Colbert give D'Artagnan for conspiring against Fouquet in Chapter 41?
(a) Colbert acted only on errand from the Queen.
(b) He claims Fouquet was holding him back from greatness.
(c) He was upset after Fouquet stole his mistress.
(d) He was jealous of Vaux.
4. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(b) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
(c) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
(d) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
5. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A letter.
(d) A handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
2. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
3. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
4. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
5. At the last minute who decides to accompany Raoul on his expedition?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)