|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
(a) He paces back and forth in front of the carriage.
(b) He lays down on the ground and covers his face with his hands as he thinks.
(c) He kneels in prayer with his head constantly bowed.
(d) He stands gazing at the heavens.
2. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
(a) To rekindle his romance with La Valliere.
(b) For his own death.
(c) For the king to die.
(d) To accompany Beaufort to Gigelli.
3. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
(a) He thinks it is an earthquake.
(b) He guesses he is being kidnapped.
(c) He doesn't realize his bed is moving at all.
(d) He thinks he's having a nightmare.
4. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
(a) St. Cloud.
5. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
(a) Military advice.
(b) He doesn't give him advice, just expresses his love for Raoul.
(c) Advice about decorum and manners.
(d) Love advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
2. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
3. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
4. What does Baisemeaux do after he receives the order for the king's release from Fouquet endorsed by Louis?
5. Why won't the guards allow Fouquet to enter the Bastille in Chapter 22?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)