|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
(a) To Cannes.
(b) To England.
(c) To Italy.
(d) To Spain.
2. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
3. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
(a) The position of his sword.
(b) The sound of an early morning bird call.
(c) The position of his eggs when breakfast was served.
(d) The early rainshower in the morning.
4. What happens to D'Artagnan's horse as he is pursuing Fouquet in Chapter 40?
(a) It dies.
(b) It falls ills and lays down by the road.
(c) It is shot by Fouquet.
(d) It suffers a broken leg.
5. What does Baisemeaux do after he receives the order for the king's release from Fouquet endorsed by Louis?
(a) He strikes his own jaw with his fist.
(b) He flees the Bastille.
(c) He writes his account of what happened.
(d) He puts his head in his hands and cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
2. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
3. What does Beaufort give Raoul as his first order?
4. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
5. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)