|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A letter.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A ring.
2. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
(b) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
(c) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(d) Aramis asks him to stay.
3. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is a musketeer.
(b) He is deaf and dumb.
(c) He is a relative of the king.
(d) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
4. What interrupts Aramis and Porthos as they are getting a boat ready to flee?
(a) D'Artagnan coming to their aid.
(b) A pack of dogs chasing a fox.
(c) A courier with a letter from Fouquet.
(d) A servant coming with their gold and silver.
5. When Fouquet receives a note in Chapter 39, what is promised to aid his escape from the king?
(a) Asylum at a nearby fortress.
(b) A fast carriage.
(c) A disguise.
(d) A white horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
2. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
3. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
4. What reason does Colbert give D'Artagnan for conspiring against Fouquet in Chapter 41?
5. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)