|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baisemeaux do after he receives the order for the king's release from Fouquet endorsed by Louis?
(a) He flees the Bastille.
(b) He puts his head in his hands and cries.
(c) He strikes his own jaw with his fist.
(d) He writes his account of what happened.
2. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
(a) They are indifferent to his story.
(b) They burst out into laughter.
(c) They are saddened for the humiliation Fontaine suffered.
(d) They are angry at the hardship to befall Fontaine.
3. In Chapter 26, which two countries does Aramis claim to have relations in?
(a) England and Spain.
(b) Denmark and England.
(c) Italy and Portugal.
(d) Portugal and Spain.
4. What type of advice does Athos give to Raoul in Chapter 33?
(a) Love advice.
(b) Military advice.
(c) Advice about decorum and manners.
(d) He doesn't give him advice, just expresses his love for Raoul.
5. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(c) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
3. At what time of night was Louis XIV taken from his bed?
4. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
5. How does Porthos kill the captain of the guards pursing them in Chapter 49?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)