|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
(a) She wants him appointed Prime Minister.
(b) She wants him imprisoned for life.
(c) She wants him pardoned and to return to his previous status.
(d) She wants him killed.
2. What is the king screaming when Fouquet stands outside his cell in Chapter 22?
(a) Death to Aramis!
(c) I am not Philippe!
(d) Death to Fouquet!
3. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
(a) He does not want to take the carriage off of the road, but wants to have the conversation immediately.
(b) They want to abandon the carriage and not have it draw suspicion.
(c) The carriage is broken and needs to be repaired.
(d) He does not want another carriage to stop and offer assistance to them.
4. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(b) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(c) He wants to know who the king converses with.
(d) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
5. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(b) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(c) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(d) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
2. What causes King Louis to come to terms with his imprisonment in the Bastille?
3. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
4. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
5. Once the king has been imprisoned in the Bastille, where does Porthos go?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)