|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
(a) Allow Aramis to escape, but kill Porthos.
(b) Procure Fouquet's fortune from Belle-Isle.
(c) Kill Aramis and Porthos.
(d) Arrest Aramis and Porthos.
2. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
(a) Ten thousand francs.
(b) One thousand pistols.
(c) A large measure of gold.
(d) He doesn't offer him any money, only freedom.
3. Why is Fouquet unable to flee Nantes in the end of Chapter 38?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) He does not desire to flee.
(c) The king has forbidden him to leave.
(d) He is being threatened by creditors outside of the city.
4. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
(a) Send gift to them for their journey.
(b) Guard them.
(c) Take notes on their meeting.
(d) Spy on their meetings.
5. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
2. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
3. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
4. When King Louis XIV orders D'Artagnan to arrest Fouquet in Chapter 40, what does the king want to prevent Fouquet from doing in transit?
5. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)