|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Aramis and Porthos as they are getting a boat ready to flee?
(a) D'Artagnan coming to their aid.
(b) A servant coming with their gold and silver.
(c) A courier with a letter from Fouquet.
(d) A pack of dogs chasing a fox.
2. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
(b) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
(c) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(d) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
3. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
(a) Packing all of his treasures to take with him to Africa.
(b) Distributing all of his things of value to his friends and creditors.
(c) Selling all of his fine things to fund his journey to Africa.
(d) Taking all of his fine things to a friend's house for safe keeping until his return.
4. At the last minute who decides to accompany Raoul on his expedition?
5. When Aramis relates the whole conspiracy to Athos in Chapter 26, what is Athos's judgment?
(a) Philiippe deserves to be king.
(b) Fouquet is a fool.
(c) The conspiracy was a crime.
(d) It was a poor idea of Aramis's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Athos promise to give Raoul when he returns from Africa?
2. What fate does the Queen wish for Aramis as expressed in Chapter 36?
3. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
4. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
5. Who comes to visit Athos after Aramis and Porthos have left?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)