|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
(a) His boat is damaged and unable to sail.
(b) His boat is already engaged by Aramis and Porthos.
(c) He wants to stay and fish while the other boats are employed.
(d) He dislikes Raoul.
2. When D'Artagnan arrives back in Paris, who does he find has taken ill in Chapter 34?
(c) The king.
3. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
(d) Queen Anne.
4. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
(a) To Cannes.
(b) To Spain.
(c) To Italy.
(d) To England.
5. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(b) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
(c) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
(d) Aramis asks him to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts Aramis and Porthos as they are getting a boat ready to flee?
2. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
3. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
4. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
5. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)