|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the king screaming when Fouquet stands outside his cell in Chapter 22?
(a) I am not Philippe!
(c) Death to Fouquet!
(d) Death to Aramis!
2. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
(a) Directly to the right of the king's room.
(b) Directly above the king's room.
(c) Directly under the king's room.
(d) Directly to the left of the king's room.
3. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) June 21.
(b) December 21.
(c) August 15.
(d) July 14.
4. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
(a) He is busy and has other prisoners to attend to.
(b) He supposes the prisoner is mad.
(c) He dislikes Louis and wants to punish him.
(d) He is deaf and dumb and cannot understand Louis's request.
5. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
(a) They are angry at the hardship to befall Fontaine.
(b) They burst out into laughter.
(c) They are indifferent to his story.
(d) They are saddened for the humiliation Fontaine suffered.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
2. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
3. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
4. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
5. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)