|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
(a) Practicing fencing.
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Playing music.
(d) Writing poetry.
2. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
(a) His boat is already engaged by Aramis and Porthos.
(b) His boat is damaged and unable to sail.
(c) He dislikes Raoul.
(d) He wants to stay and fish while the other boats are employed.
3. At what time of night was Louis XIV taken from his bed?
(a) Just after dusk.
(b) Between twelve and one o'clock.
(c) Just before dawn.
(d) The precise time of the switch is not known.
4. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
(c) St. Cloud.
5. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(b) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
(c) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
(d) She asks about Fouquet's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
2. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
3. What does Athos promise to give Raoul when he returns from Africa?
4. When Fouquet suspects D'Artagnan is about to arrest him in Chapter 38, how does D'Artagnan respond?
5. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)