|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
(a) It has a painting of good and bad dreams on it.
(b) It is glass and can see into the starry night.
(c) It has a large chandelier with 1000 candles on it.
(d) It is pure gold.
2. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
(a) He dislikes Louis and wants to punish him.
(b) He is busy and has other prisoners to attend to.
(c) He is deaf and dumb and cannot understand Louis's request.
(d) He supposes the prisoner is mad.
3. At the last minute who decides to accompany Raoul on his expedition?
4. Why does Philippe have difficulty understanding what Anne of Austria whispers in his ear in Chapter 24?
(a) The queen references something Philippe is unaware of.
(b) He does not have difficulty understanding her.
(c) He does not speak Spanish.
(d) He is deaf in one ear.
5. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
(a) In Fouquet's bed.
(b) In an armchair.
(c) On the floor.
(d) He refuses to sleep and spends the night pacing upright.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
2. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
3. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
4. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
5. Once the king has been imprisoned in the Bastille, where does Porthos go?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)