|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
(a) He regards it as a great crime and it angers him.
(b) He is indifferent to the action.
(c) The fate of Louis saddens him.
(d) He views it as great luck for him.
2. Once the king has been imprisoned in the Bastille, where does Porthos go?
(a) He goes to his chateaux.
(b) He goes into Paris to drink with some friends.
(c) He returns to Vaux.
(d) He stays at the Bastille to guard the prisoner until Aramis returns.
3. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(b) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(c) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(d) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
4. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
5. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
(a) Baisemeux's wife enters with an invitation from Fouquet.
(b) A problem in the prison.
(c) A courier with a letter of release.
(d) A servant coming with a message.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
2. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
3. When the king leaves the passage in Chapter 17, where is he taken?
4. What interrupts Aramis and Porthos as they are getting a boat ready to flee?
5. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)