|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Athos after Aramis and Porthos have left?
(a) Le Duc de Beaufort.
(c) The king.
2. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(a) Red wine.
(c) De Vouvray wine.
(d) White wine.
3. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
(a) She be killed by an assassin.
(b) She will be married to Phillippe.
(c) She will be imprisoned with her husband.
(d) A divorce will be consented to.
4. Who fires a shot at Raoul and Athos on the Isle of St. Marguerite?
(b) The sentinel.
(d) The Governor.
5. Why aren't there fresh horses for Aramis and Porthos when they arrive at Orleans in Chapter 26?
(a) The king has commanded that Aramis and Porthos be stopped.
(b) Aramis and Porthos do not have sufficient means to pay for the fresh horses.
(c) All of the horses are engaged by le Duc de Beaufort.
(d) Fouquet has laid a trap for Aramis and Porthos by having all of the horse squired to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Aramis and Porthos know the father of the soldier they take prisoner in Chapter 46?
2. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
3. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
4. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
5. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)