|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
(a) He goes to see what the commotion is about.
(b) He is annoyed, but just continues on with his meal.
(c) He sends a guard to silence Louis.
(d) He laughs that the prisoner has gone mad as if it is a joke.
2. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
(a) The position of his sword.
(b) The position of his eggs when breakfast was served.
(c) The sound of an early morning bird call.
(d) The early rainshower in the morning.
3. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(a) Red wine.
(c) White wine.
(d) De Vouvray wine.
4. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A letter.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A ring.
5. What does Colbert tell D'Artagnan to do at Belle-Isle in order to be promoted?
(a) Allow Aramis to escape, but kill Porthos.
(b) Arrest Aramis and Porthos.
(c) Kill Aramis and Porthos.
(d) Procure Fouquet's fortune from Belle-Isle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why aren't there fresh horses for Aramis and Porthos when they arrive at Orleans in Chapter 26?
2. What action does Fouquet suggest Louis take before they return to Vaux?
3. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
4. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
5. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)