|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
(a) He views it as great luck for him.
(b) He regards it as a great crime and it angers him.
(c) The fate of Louis saddens him.
(d) He is indifferent to the action.
2. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
(a) He doesn't realize his bed is moving at all.
(b) He guesses he is being kidnapped.
(c) He thinks it is an earthquake.
(d) He thinks he's having a nightmare.
3. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
(a) To never steal another man's love.
(b) To defend La Valliere where possible.
(c) To make La Valliere suffer.
(d) To keep a secret for Raoul.
4. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
(c) Cardinal de la Rochelle.
(d) Monsieur de la Fere.
5. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) A lion and several prisoners.
(b) The three fates.
(c) The Greek God of war.
(d) St. Peter in Bonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
2. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
4. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
5. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)