|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
(a) D'Artagnan believes that Aramis is on a mission for the king.
(b) D'Artagnan notices a difference in Philippe that he cannot identify.
(c) D'Artagnan does not understand the king's friendliness with Aramis.
(d) D'Artagnan does not know Aramis is gone.
2. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(a) The king.
(b) De Guiche.
3. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
(a) Guard them.
(b) Send gift to them for their journey.
(c) Take notes on their meeting.
(d) Spy on their meetings.
4. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
(a) He claims Vaux belongs to posterity and those hwo created it.
(b) Fouquet claims to be the only true owner of Vaux.
(c) He claims that Vaux belongs to his son.
(d) Vaux belongs to the king.
5. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of night was Louis XIV taken from his bed?
2. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
3. What does D'Artagnan think will be the fate of all of those who know the secret of Philippe?
4. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
5. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)