|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king order D'Artagnan to do for his advisers when they get to Nantes in Chapter 34?
(a) Take notes on their meeting.
(b) Spy on their meetings.
(c) Guard them.
(d) Send gift to them for their journey.
2. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
(a) One week.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) One month.
(d) Three days.
3. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) St. Peter in Bonds.
(b) The Greek God of war.
(c) A lion and several prisoners.
(d) The three fates.
4. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(b) He is nervous about his decision.
(c) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
(d) He has poor eyesight in the night.
5. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He is laughing over his good forutne.
(b) He is laughing at a joke made by Porthos.
(c) He laughs at a pleasant memory.
(d) He doesn't give a reason for his laughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the guards allow Fouquet to enter the Bastille in Chapter 22?
2. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
3. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
4. Why aren't there fresh horses for Aramis and Porthos when they arrive at Orleans in Chapter 26?
5. How does Fouquet regard Aramis's act of abducting Louis XIV?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)