|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
(a) He does not want another carriage to stop and offer assistance to them.
(b) The carriage is broken and needs to be repaired.
(c) He does not want to take the carriage off of the road, but wants to have the conversation immediately.
(d) They want to abandon the carriage and not have it draw suspicion.
2. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
(a) St. Cloud.
3. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(b) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(c) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(d) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
4. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
(a) It has a large chandelier with 1000 candles on it.
(b) It has a painting of good and bad dreams on it.
(c) It is pure gold.
(d) It is glass and can see into the starry night.
5. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The the palace.
(b) St. Mande.
(c) Aramis's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
2. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
3. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
4. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
5. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)