|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
(b) Jean de la Fontaine.
(d) Charles Perrault.
2. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(b) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
(c) He wants to know who the king converses with.
(d) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
3. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
(b) He will not tell her what has upset him.
4. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(d) He does not name the criminal.
5. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
(a) He does not want another carriage to stop and offer assistance to them.
(b) They want to abandon the carriage and not have it draw suspicion.
(c) He does not want to take the carriage off of the road, but wants to have the conversation immediately.
(d) The carriage is broken and needs to be repaired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
2. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
3. What reason does D'Artagnan claim to be laughing in the end of Chapter 5?
4. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
5. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)