|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
(b) He has poor eyesight in the night.
(c) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(d) He is nervous about his decision.
2. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The legitimacy of his birth.
(b) The will of the people.
(c) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(d) The persecution he has undergone.
3. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
(a) He kneels in prayer with his head constantly bowed.
(b) He lays down on the ground and covers his face with his hands as he thinks.
(c) He paces back and forth in front of the carriage.
(d) He stands gazing at the heavens.
4. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
(a) Monsieur de la Fere.
(b) Cardinal de la Rochelle.
5. Who is the architect of Vaux-le-Vicomte?
Short Answer Questions
1. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
2. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
3. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
4. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
5. According to Aramis's plan, when Philippe takes the throne, what will become of Louis XIV's wife?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)