|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
(b) Monsieur Fouquet.
(c) The king.
2. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) Thirteen million.
(b) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
(c) One million.
(d) Ten million.
3. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
4. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
(a) He thinks it is an earthquake.
(b) He guesses he is being kidnapped.
(c) He doesn't realize his bed is moving at all.
(d) He thinks he's having a nightmare.
5. How did Percerin receive his title as tailor to the king?
(a) He was elected by the guild of tailors.
(b) He won a design contest for the wedding of Henry III.
(c) It is a hereditary title.
(d) He was appointed due to his social connections at court.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
2. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
3. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
4. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
5. Who is the architect of Vaux-le-Vicomte?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)