|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) A large bag of money as a bribe.
(b) A sword.
(c) The letter of release for Seldon.
(d) An order to reimprison Marchiali.
2. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(b) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(c) He wants to know who the king converses with.
(d) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
3. What is the date of the fete at Vaux?
(a) June 21.
(b) August 15.
(c) July 14.
(d) December 21.
4. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
(a) Charles Perrault.
(b) Jean de la Fontaine.
5. Who is the architect of Vaux-le-Vicomte?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
2. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
3. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
4. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)