|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
(a) Directly above the king's room.
(b) Directly under the king's room.
(c) Directly to the right of the king's room.
(d) Directly to the left of the king's room.
2. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is a relative of the king.
(b) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(c) He is a musketeer.
(d) He is deaf and dumb.
3. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
(a) They want to enter Percerin's house secretly.
(b) It is a rule that everyone is to approach Percerin's house on foot.
(c) To move ahead of the line of waiting carriages.
(d) Their horses are tired and can go no further.
4. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) His own outfit to wear to the party at Vaux.
(b) Patterns for the garments of the king.
(c) A letter to give to M. Fouquet.
(d) A drawing of the king's clothing.
5. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
(a) The king.
(b) Monsieur Fouquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
2. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
3. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
4. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
5. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)