|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(a) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
2. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) A large bag of money as a bribe.
(b) A sword.
(c) The letter of release for Seldon.
(d) An order to reimprison Marchiali.
3. What does D'Artagnan request from the king before he arrest Fouquet?
(a) His instructions in writing.
(b) A trial for Fouquet.
(c) A conference with the other ministers of state.
(d) Additional men.
4. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
(b) Mademoiselle de la Valliere.
(c) The king.
5. What is the name of the play being composed for the fete at Vaux in Chapter 6?
(c) The play does not have a name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
2. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
3. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
4. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
5. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)