|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the king has been imprisoned in the Bastille, where does Porthos go?
(a) He returns to Vaux.
(b) He stays at the Bastille to guard the prisoner until Aramis returns.
(c) He goes to his chateaux.
(d) He goes into Paris to drink with some friends.
2. What does D'Artagnan request from the king before he arrest Fouquet?
(a) A conference with the other ministers of state.
(b) His instructions in writing.
(c) A trial for Fouquet.
(d) Additional men.
3. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) The overthrow of Colbert.
(b) The attainment of a vast fortune.
(c) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(d) The overthrow of Fouquet.
4. What does Aramis give Baisemeaux when they arrive at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) A large bag of money as a bribe.
(b) The letter of release for Seldon.
(c) A sword.
(d) An order to reimprison Marchiali.
5. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The persecution he has undergone.
(b) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(c) The will of the people.
(d) The legitimacy of his birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
2. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
3. Where does Aramis invite Monsieur Moliere to go, in the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
5. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)