|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
(a) It is glass and can see into the starry night.
(b) It is pure gold.
(c) It has a large chandelier with 1000 candles on it.
(d) It has a painting of good and bad dreams on it.
2. What does Aramis do with the document that calls for the release of Marchiali?
(a) He gives it back to Baisemeaux.
(b) He tears it up.
(c) He takes it for safe keeping.
(d) He burns it in the fire.
3. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
(a) Porthos and Aramis.
(b) Aramis and Fouquet.
(c) Colbert and Porthos.
(d) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
4. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
(a) He will not tell her what has upset him.
5. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A letter to give to M. Fouquet.
(b) Patterns for the garments of the king.
(c) A drawing of the king's clothing.
(d) His own outfit to wear to the party at Vaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the play being composed for the fete at Vaux in Chapter 6?
2. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
3. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
4. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
5. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)