|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
(a) Cardinal de la Rochelle.
(b) Monsieur de la Fere.
2. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The will of the people.
(b) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(c) The legitimacy of his birth.
(d) The persecution he has undergone.
3. Who is the architect of Vaux-le-Vicomte?
4. What position does Philippe take as he ponders his decision in Chapter 10?
(a) He paces back and forth in front of the carriage.
(b) He stands gazing at the heavens.
(c) He kneels in prayer with his head constantly bowed.
(d) He lays down on the ground and covers his face with his hands as he thinks.
5. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is a musketeer.
(b) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(c) He is a relative of the king.
(d) He is deaf and dumb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
2. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
3. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
4. When the king leaves the passage in Chapter 17, where is he taken?
5. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)