|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
(a) Directly to the right of the king's room.
(b) Directly under the king's room.
(c) Directly to the left of the king's room.
(d) Directly above the king's room.
2. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
(b) St. Cloud.
3. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
(a) The very bottom dungeon.
(b) Philippe's old cell.
(c) Baisemeaux's own quarters.
(d) He is thrown in with several other mad prisoners.
4. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
(a) The prologue to a play.
(b) A song for King Louis XIV.
(c) A musical composition for the party.
(d) A painting for the king.
5. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
(b) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(c) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(d) He wants to know who the king converses with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Porthos and D'Artagnan approach Percerin's house on foot in Chapter 3?
2. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
4. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
5. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)