|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
(a) Porthos and Aramis.
(b) Colbert and Porthos.
(c) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(d) Aramis and Fouquet.
2. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(b) The legitimacy of his birth.
(c) The persecution he has undergone.
(d) The will of the people.
3. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(b) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(c) He wants to know who the king converses with.
(d) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
4. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) The overthrow of Colbert.
(b) The attainment of a vast fortune.
(c) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(d) The overthrow of Fouquet.
5. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) The Greek God of war.
(b) The three fates.
(c) A lion and several prisoners.
(d) St. Peter in Bonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
2. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
3. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
4. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
5. How many brothers does Aramis claim to have in Chapter 9?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)