|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The legitimacy of his birth.
(b) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(c) The persecution he has undergone.
(d) The will of the people.
2. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) The Greek God of war.
(b) The three fates.
(c) St. Peter in Bonds.
(d) A lion and several prisoners.
3. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
(a) Two servants.
(b) Colbert and Queen Anne.
(c) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(d) No one overhears the king.
4. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
(a) Lifetime imprisonment.
(d) Ten years impriosonment.
5. How much money does Aramis offer to Philippe should he decide to go to Bas-Poitou?
(a) He doesn't offer him any money, only freedom.
(b) One thousand pistols.
(c) Ten thousand francs.
(d) A large measure of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king claim to be suffering from to Valliere in Chapter 14?
2. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
3. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
4. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
5. When Louis' bed begins to sink in Chapter 17, what does he suppose is the reason?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)