|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(b) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
(c) He wants to know who the king converses with.
(d) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
2. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(b) The attainment of a vast fortune.
(c) The overthrow of Colbert.
(d) The overthrow of Fouquet.
3. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
(a) Aramis and Fouquet.
(b) Colbert and Porthos.
(c) Porthos and Aramis.
(d) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
4. Who does Baisemeaux think that Aramis resembles in Chapter 7?
(a) Cardinal de la Rochelle.
(d) Monsieur de la Fere.
5. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
(a) Arabian racehorces.
(b) A rare set of parrots.
(c) A pack of hounds.
(d) An elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cell is the king placed in at the Bastille in Chapter 17?
2. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
3. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
4. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
5. How much money does the king win during his card game at Vaux?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)