|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
2. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
(d) Queen Anne.
3. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
(b) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
(c) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(d) Aramis asks him to stay.
4. In Chapter 4, what follies does Aramis tell D'Artagnan he has given up?
(a) Playing music.
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Practicing fencing.
(d) Writing poetry.
5. In Chapter 9, what does Aramis claim has consecrated Philippe to be king?
(a) The persecution he has undergone.
(b) The misdeeds of Louis XIV.
(c) The will of the people.
(d) The legitimacy of his birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
2. What does Aramis do when Baisemeaux is not looking in Chapter 8?
3. What profession does Monsieur Lebrun hold?
4. What sentence would befall those who try to communicate with the prisoner "Marchiali" after he is re-incarcerated?
5. According to Philippe in Chapter 10, who is the mortal enemy of Colbert?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)