|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Colbert, Chapter 16, Jealousy, and Chapter 17, High Treason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is a relative of the king.
(b) He is deaf and dumb.
(c) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(d) He is a musketeer.
2. In Chapter 5, Porthos has difficulty recalling Moliere's name correctly and instead calls him by what name, numerous times?
3. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
4. Why does Philippe totter and seem a bit unstable when he goes for a walk around the carriage in Chapter 10?
(a) He is nervous about his decision.
(b) He is unused to walking on earth, being in prison for many years.
(c) He has poor eyesight in the night.
(d) He is unsettled from the carriage ride.
5. What pets does Percerin keep due to special permission from King Louis XIV?
(a) A rare set of parrots.
(b) Arabian racehorces.
(c) A pack of hounds.
(d) An elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Aramis's room at Vaux?
2. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
3. Who are the two masked figures who guard the king in Chapter 17?
4. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
5. Which famous French poet does D'Artagnan see hiding in disguise at Percerin's house in Chapter 3?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)