|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46, The Son of Biscarrat, Chapter 47, The Grotto of Locmaria, Chapter 48, The Grotto, and Chapter 49, A Homeric Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city where Philippe may choose to live a free life incognito?
(a) St. Cloud.
2. Once the king has been imprisoned in the Bastille, where does Porthos go?
(a) He stays at the Bastille to guard the prisoner until Aramis returns.
(b) He goes to his chateaux.
(c) He goes into Paris to drink with some friends.
(d) He returns to Vaux.
3. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Chapter 4 and asks Percerin to make Porthos's outfit?
(c) Monsieur Fouquet.
(d) The king.
4. What did Aramis send to Philippe in the prison before he freed him from the Bastille?
(a) A barber to cut Philippe's hair in the fashion of the king.
(b) The ring of the king with the royal crest.
(c) Written notes on the king and society of the court.
(d) An assortment of books about political history.
5. What does Athos provide Porthos and Aramis with in Chapter 26?
(b) Fresh clothing.
(c) Fresh horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
2. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
3. What causes King Louis to come to terms with his imprisonment in the Bastille?
4. What does Percerin give Aramis to take with him at the end of Chapter 4?
5. Who sent the note to Fouquet in Chapter 40?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)