|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In Fouquet's bed.
(c) In an armchair.
(d) He refuses to sleep and spends the night pacing upright.
2. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
(a) The arrest of Fouquet.
(b) The release of Fouquet.
(c) The discharge of several soldiers.
(d) The arrest of Colbert.
3. What does Beaufort give Raoul as his first order?
(a) He asks Raoul to secure a new horse.
(b) He asks Raoul to help him pack his belongings.
(c) He asks Raoul to take a message to the king.
(d) He asks Raoul to go ahead of him as far as Antibes and make preparations.
4. Who comes to visit Athos after Aramis and Porthos have left?
(a) Le Duc de Beaufort.
(c) The king.
5. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
(a) He writes a letter to the king begging mercy.
(b) He stays in his bed and cries over his desperate situation.
(c) He attempts to escape.
(d) He burns incriminating papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
2. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
3. Why aren't there fresh horses for Aramis and Porthos when they arrive at Orleans in Chapter 26?
4. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
5. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)