|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
(a) He has been stripped of his commission in the army.
(b) He has discovered Louise La Valliere's infidelity with the king.
(c) His best friend has just died.
(d) He has suffered from a long illness.
2. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) Thirteen million.
(b) Ten million.
(c) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
(d) One million.
3. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(b) Aramis asks him to stay.
(c) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
(d) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
4. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
(a) It is pure gold.
(b) It is glass and can see into the starry night.
(c) It has a large chandelier with 1000 candles on it.
(d) It has a painting of good and bad dreams on it.
5. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
(a) The governor.
(b) We don't know who ordered the attack.
(c) The sentinel guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
2. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
3. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
4. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
5. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)