|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beaufort give Raoul as his first order?
(a) He asks Raoul to take a message to the king.
(b) He asks Raoul to go ahead of him as far as Antibes and make preparations.
(c) He asks Raoul to help him pack his belongings.
(d) He asks Raoul to secure a new horse.
2. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
(a) He writes a letter verfiying the order.
(b) He gets Baisemeux drunk and then persuades him.
(c) He claims that he saw the order signed in his presence.
(d) He threatens Baisemeux with pistols to release the prisoner.
3. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(b) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(c) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(d) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
4. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) St. Peter in Bonds.
(b) The Greek God of war.
(c) The three fates.
(d) A lion and several prisoners.
5. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(c) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
2. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
3. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
4. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
5. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)