|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
(b) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
(c) Aramis asks him to stay.
(d) He is fast asleep in a chair.
2. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
(a) Henry IV.
(b) Henry III.
(c) Louis XIII.
(d) William the Conquorer.
3. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
(a) He asks for letters of introdution to court at Spain and supplies for travel.
(b) He asks for absolution and for fresh horses.
(c) He asks for Athos to hide Porthos and to not reveal Aramis's destination to his pursuers.
(d) He asks for a good meal and a comfortable bed.
4. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
(a) He attempts to escape.
(b) He burns incriminating papers.
(c) He stays in his bed and cries over his desperate situation.
(d) He writes a letter to the king begging mercy.
5. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(b) He does not name the criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
2. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
3. Who does Fouquet request to speak with when he discovers that he is going to be arrested the following day?
4. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
5. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)