|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Provencal fisherman refuse to have his boat conscripted by Raoul in Chapter 31?
(a) He wants to stay and fish while the other boats are employed.
(b) His boat is damaged and unable to sail.
(c) His boat is already engaged by Aramis and Porthos.
(d) He dislikes Raoul.
2. When Aramis relates the whole conspiracy to Athos in Chapter 26, what is Athos's judgment?
(a) The conspiracy was a crime.
(b) Philiippe deserves to be king.
(c) Fouquet is a fool.
(d) It was a poor idea of Aramis's.
3. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
(a) It has a large chandelier with 1000 candles on it.
(b) It is pure gold.
(c) It has a painting of good and bad dreams on it.
(d) It is glass and can see into the starry night.
4. Who comes to visit Athos after Aramis and Porthos have left?
(a) The king.
(c) Le Duc de Beaufort.
5. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
(b) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(c) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(d) He wants to rest for the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
2. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
3. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
4. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
5. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)