|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
(a) The release of Fouquet.
(b) The arrest of Fouquet.
(c) The discharge of several soldiers.
(d) The arrest of Colbert.
2. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(b) He is a musketeer.
(c) He is a relative of the king.
(d) He is deaf and dumb.
3. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
(a) A tip from a servant.
(b) A private letter of Aramis's that he has intercepted.
(c) A conversation between Aramis and Philippe he overheard.
(d) His instincts.
4. Why aren't there fresh horses for Aramis and Porthos when they arrive at Orleans in Chapter 26?
(a) All of the horses are engaged by le Duc de Beaufort.
(b) Aramis and Porthos do not have sufficient means to pay for the fresh horses.
(c) Fouquet has laid a trap for Aramis and Porthos by having all of the horse squired to others.
(d) The king has commanded that Aramis and Porthos be stopped.
5. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
(a) He writes a letter verfiying the order.
(b) He gets Baisemeux drunk and then persuades him.
(c) He threatens Baisemeux with pistols to release the prisoner.
(d) He claims that he saw the order signed in his presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes King Louis to come to terms with his imprisonment in the Bastille?
2. Who comes to visit Athos after Aramis and Porthos have left?
3. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
4. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
5. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)