|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Porthos believe he is to receive for his part in the plot?
(a) A dukedome.
(b) A commission in the musketeers.
(c) A fortune.
(d) The gift of a new palace.
2. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
(b) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(c) She asks about Fouquet's family.
(d) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
3. What is the name of the play being composed for the fete at Vaux in Chapter 6?
(a) The play does not have a name.
4. What does D'Artagnan tell Raoul and Athos to pretend to be in Chapter 31?
(a) Blind servants.
(b) Deaf gardeners.
(c) Spaniards who don't speak French.
(d) Fishermen who cannot read.
5. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
(a) He is busy and has other prisoners to attend to.
(b) He dislikes Louis and wants to punish him.
(c) He supposes the prisoner is mad.
(d) He is deaf and dumb and cannot understand Louis's request.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
2. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
3. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
4. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
5. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)