|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
(b) Aramis asks him to stay.
(c) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(d) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
2. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
(a) Henry III.
(b) Henry IV.
(c) William the Conquorer.
(d) Louis XIII.
3. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
(a) Aramis's persuasion.
(b) The voice of the king telling him they'll meet later.
(c) A note signed by the king.
(d) The arrival of the king's servant with breakfast.
4. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
(b) The sentinel guard.
(c) The governor.
(d) We don't know who ordered the attack.
5. What prisoner's name does Baisemeaux read on the release in Chapter 8?
(d) The prisoner is not named but is designated by the number 687.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
2. What does Porthos believe he is to receive for his part in the plot?
3. What does Beaufort give Raoul as his first order?
4. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
5. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)