|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Athos after Aramis and Porthos have left?
(c) The king.
(d) Le Duc de Beaufort.
2. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
3. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
(a) The prologue to a play.
(b) A song for King Louis XIV.
(c) A musical composition for the party.
(d) A painting for the king.
4. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
(a) He does not want another carriage to stop and offer assistance to them.
(b) The carriage is broken and needs to be repaired.
(c) They want to abandon the carriage and not have it draw suspicion.
(d) He does not want to take the carriage off of the road, but wants to have the conversation immediately.
5. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A letter.
(b) A ring.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
2. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 26, which two countries does Aramis claim to have relations in?
4. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
5. Why does Philippe have difficulty understanding what Anne of Austria whispers in his ear in Chapter 24?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)