|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
(a) Vaux belongs to the king.
(b) He claims that Vaux belongs to his son.
(c) He claims Vaux belongs to posterity and those hwo created it.
(d) Fouquet claims to be the only true owner of Vaux.
2. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(a) He does not name the criminal.
3. What does D'Artagnan receive as soon as he returns to the fort in Chapter 32?
(a) A letter from Porthos.
(b) A gift from Fouquet.
(c) A letter from the king.
(d) A letter from Aramis.
4. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
(b) Aramis asks him to stay.
(c) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(d) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
5. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
(a) He gets Baisemeux drunk and then persuades him.
(b) He writes a letter verfiying the order.
(c) He threatens Baisemeux with pistols to release the prisoner.
(d) He claims that he saw the order signed in his presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Athos provide Porthos and Aramis with in Chapter 26?
2. In Chapter 26, which two countries does Aramis claim to have relations in?
3. What does D'Artagnan tell Raoul and Athos to pretend to be in Chapter 31?
4. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
5. When Aramis relates the whole conspiracy to Athos in Chapter 26, what is Athos's judgment?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)