|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Athos promise to give Raoul when he returns from Africa?
(a) His entire fortune.
(b) His blessing on Raoul's marraige to a woman of his choice.
(c) His title.
(d) The capital of his estates.
2. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(b) He is a musketeer.
(c) He is deaf and dumb.
(d) He is a relative of the king.
3. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
(b) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(c) She asks about Fouquet's family.
(d) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
4. When Baisemeaux hears the noise of Louis in his cell in Chapter 18, what is his response?
(a) He goes to see what the commotion is about.
(b) He sends a guard to silence Louis.
(c) He is annoyed, but just continues on with his meal.
(d) He laughs that the prisoner has gone mad as if it is a joke.
5. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
(a) D'Artagnan believes that Aramis is on a mission for the king.
(b) D'Artagnan notices a difference in Philippe that he cannot identify.
(c) D'Artagnan does not know Aramis is gone.
(d) D'Artagnan does not understand the king's friendliness with Aramis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
2. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
3. When Aramis relates the whole conspiracy to Athos in Chapter 26, what is Athos's judgment?
4. What causes King Louis to come to terms with his imprisonment in the Bastille?
5. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)