|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who does Fouquet claim is the true owner over Vaux?
(a) Vaux belongs to the king.
(b) He claims that Vaux belongs to his son.
(c) Fouquet claims to be the only true owner of Vaux.
(d) He claims Vaux belongs to posterity and those hwo created it.
2. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
(a) A lion and several prisoners.
(b) The Greek God of war.
(c) The three fates.
(d) St. Peter in Bonds.
3. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
(a) The sentinel guard.
(b) We don't know who ordered the attack.
(d) The governor.
4. Why won't the guard fetch the governor when Louis requests him Chapter 18?
(a) He is deaf and dumb and cannot understand Louis's request.
(b) He supposes the prisoner is mad.
(c) He dislikes Louis and wants to punish him.
(d) He is busy and has other prisoners to attend to.
5. What does Beaufort give Raoul as his first order?
(a) He asks Raoul to secure a new horse.
(b) He asks Raoul to go ahead of him as far as Antibes and make preparations.
(c) He asks Raoul to take a message to the king.
(d) He asks Raoul to help him pack his belongings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
2. Who does D'Artagnan believe would be the superior king?
3. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
4. What two things does Aramis ask of Athos in Chapter 26?
5. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)