|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why aren't there fresh horses for Aramis and Porthos when they arrive at Orleans in Chapter 26?
(a) Aramis and Porthos do not have sufficient means to pay for the fresh horses.
(b) Fouquet has laid a trap for Aramis and Porthos by having all of the horse squired to others.
(c) The king has commanded that Aramis and Porthos be stopped.
(d) All of the horses are engaged by le Duc de Beaufort.
2. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
(a) It is glass and can see into the starry night.
(b) It has a painting of good and bad dreams on it.
(c) It is pure gold.
(d) It has a large chandelier with 1000 candles on it.
3. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
(a) Two servants.
(b) No one overhears the king.
(c) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(d) Colbert and Queen Anne.
4. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
(a) The release of Fouquet.
(b) The arrest of Fouquet.
(c) The arrest of Colbert.
(d) The discharge of several soldiers.
5. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
2. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
3. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
4. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
5. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)