|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D'Artagnan think will be the fate of all of those who know the secret of Philippe?
(a) They will live a life of fear.
(b) They will die.
(c) They will be imprisoned for life.
(d) They will live quite indifferently to the secret.
2. What interrupts Baisemeux's meal with Aramis?
(a) A problem in the prison.
(b) A servant coming with a message.
(c) Baisemeux's wife enters with an invitation from Fouquet.
(d) A courier with a letter of release.
3. When Raoul and Athos arrive at Beaufort's house in Paris, what is Beaufort doing?
(a) Taking all of his fine things to a friend's house for safe keeping until his return.
(b) Selling all of his fine things to fund his journey to Africa.
(c) Packing all of his treasures to take with him to Africa.
(d) Distributing all of his things of value to his friends and creditors.
4. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
(b) The Queen.
(d) The king himself.
5. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
2. What does D'Artagnan receive as soon as he returns to the fort in Chapter 32?
3. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
4. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
5. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)