|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While D'Artagnan is looking for Aramis in Chapter 19, what does Fouquet do?
(a) He attempts to escape.
(b) He writes a letter to the king begging mercy.
(c) He burns incriminating papers.
(d) He stays in his bed and cries over his desperate situation.
2. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
(a) The sentinel guard.
(c) The governor.
(d) We don't know who ordered the attack.
3. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(b) He is deaf and dumb.
(c) He is a relative of the king.
(d) He is a musketeer.
4. What does Fouquet regard as good omen in Chapter 20?
(a) The early rainshower in the morning.
(b) The position of his sword.
(c) The sound of an early morning bird call.
(d) The position of his eggs when breakfast was served.
5. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
(a) They are saddened for the humiliation Fontaine suffered.
(b) They burst out into laughter.
(c) They are angry at the hardship to befall Fontaine.
(d) They are indifferent to his story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
2. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
3. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
4. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
5. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)