|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(b) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
(c) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(d) He wants to rest for the evening.
2. Where does D'Artagnan sleep in Fouquet's room in Chapter 19?
(a) He refuses to sleep and spends the night pacing upright.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In Fouquet's bed.
(d) In an armchair.
3. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(b) Aramis asks him to stay.
(c) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
(d) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
4. What does is the order that Aramis gives to D'Artagnan for in Chapter 20?
(a) The arrest of Colbert.
(b) The discharge of several soldiers.
(c) The arrest of Fouquet.
(d) The release of Fouquet.
5. Who gives D'Artagnan an order to cover Philippe's face with an iron mask?
(c) The Queen.
(d) The king himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
2. Who fires a shot at Raoul and Athos on the Isle of St. Marguerite?
3. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
4. What does D'Artagnan tell Raoul and Athos to pretend to be in Chapter 31?
5. When Aramis relates the whole conspiracy to Athos in Chapter 26, what is Athos's judgment?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)