|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the play being composed for the fete at Vaux in Chapter 6?
(d) The play does not have a name.
2. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A letter.
(d) A ring.
3. In Chapter 26, which two countries does Aramis claim to have relations in?
(a) Portugal and Spain.
(b) England and Spain.
(c) Italy and Portugal.
(d) Denmark and England.
4. What does D'Artagnan think will be the fate of all of those who know the secret of Philippe?
(a) They will live quite indifferently to the secret.
(b) They will live a life of fear.
(c) They will be imprisoned for life.
(d) They will die.
5. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(b) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(c) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(d) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Athos and Raoul to reach Toulon after they leave Paris?
2. What do the figures on the Bastille clock represent?
3. What does Beaufort give Raoul as his first order?
4. What does Aramis do to persuade Baisemeux to release the prisoner without further verifying the letter is not a forgery?
5. Why is D'Artagnan confused when Philippe (masquerading as the king) asks where Aramis is in Chapter 24?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)