|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fires a shot at Raoul and Athos on the Isle of St. Marguerite?
(a) The Governor.
(c) The sentinel.
2. Why aren't there fresh horses for Aramis and Porthos when they arrive at Orleans in Chapter 26?
(a) Fouquet has laid a trap for Aramis and Porthos by having all of the horse squired to others.
(b) The king has commanded that Aramis and Porthos be stopped.
(c) Aramis and Porthos do not have sufficient means to pay for the fresh horses.
(d) All of the horses are engaged by le Duc de Beaufort.
3. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
(a) He has been stripped of his commission in the army.
(b) He has suffered from a long illness.
(c) He has discovered Louise La Valliere's infidelity with the king.
(d) His best friend has just died.
4. Who ordered the shooting towards Raoul and Athos in Chapter 31?
(a) We don't know who ordered the attack.
(b) The sentinel guard.
(d) The governor.
5. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(b) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(c) He wants to know who the king converses with.
(d) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Athos after Aramis and Porthos have left?
2. What does D'Artagnan think will be the fate of all of those who know the secret of Philippe?
3. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
4. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
5. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)