|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
(a) He does not name the criminal.
2. When Aramis relates the whole conspiracy to Athos in Chapter 26, what is Athos's judgment?
(a) It was a poor idea of Aramis's.
(b) The conspiracy was a crime.
(c) Philiippe deserves to be king.
(d) Fouquet is a fool.
3. What reason does Aramis give for the cancellation of the king's morning meeting with D'Artagnan in Chapter 20?
(a) He says the king is occupied with his mistress.
(b) He says the king is ill.
(c) He says the king is too fatigued to receive anyone.
(d) He says the king has gone out for an early morning walk.
4. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
(a) A note signed by the king.
(b) The arrival of the king's servant with breakfast.
(c) Aramis's persuasion.
(d) The voice of the king telling him they'll meet later.
5. What does Athos promise to give Raoul when he returns from Africa?
(a) His entire fortune.
(b) His title.
(c) His blessing on Raoul's marraige to a woman of his choice.
(d) The capital of his estates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pellisson working on in Chapter 6, for the fete at Vaux?
2. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
3. What does Porthos believe he is to receive for his part in the plot?
4. Who does King Louis blame for his imprisonment in Chapter 18?
5. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)