Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Inventory of M. de Beaufort, Chapter 31, The Silver Dish, and Chapter 32, Captives and Jailers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the postilion of the final relay of in Chapter 8?
(a) He is a musketeer.
(b) He is a relative of the king.
(c) He is a foreigner that does not speak French.
(d) He is deaf and dumb.
2. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) Thirteen million.
(b) Ten million.
(c) One million.
(d) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
3. When Fontaine tells his companions of his first duel in Chapter 6, what is their response?
(a) They burst out into laughter.
(b) They are angry at the hardship to befall Fontaine.
(c) They are indifferent to his story.
(d) They are saddened for the humiliation Fontaine suffered.
4. Why does Aramis propose they take their carriage off of the road so they can converse in Chapter 8?
(a) They want to abandon the carriage and not have it draw suspicion.
(b) The carriage is broken and needs to be repaired.
(c) He does not want to take the carriage off of the road, but wants to have the conversation immediately.
(d) He does not want another carriage to stop and offer assistance to them.
5. What finally convinces D'Artagnan that the king does not wish to see him in Chapter 20?
(a) Aramis's persuasion.
(b) The voice of the king telling him they'll meet later.
(c) The arrival of the king's servant with breakfast.
(d) A note signed by the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raoul give to D'Artagnan to give to Louise de La Valliere?
2. Why is Raoul in need of consolation from his father in Chapter 26?
3. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
4. What is the name of the person Aramis tells Fouquet he wants to release from the Bastille?
5. Which king is the Beaufort's father?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)