|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(b) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(c) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
(d) He wants to know who the king converses with.
2. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
3. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(b) White wine.
(c) De Vouvray wine.
(d) Red wine.
4. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(b) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(c) He wants to rest for the evening.
(d) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
5. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
(a) Wait for his replacement.
(b) Return to Nantes.
(c) Return to Paris.
(d) Attack without him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
2. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
3. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
4. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
5. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)