|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
2. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
(a) To make La Valliere suffer.
(b) To defend La Valliere where possible.
(c) To keep a secret for Raoul.
(d) To never steal another man's love.
3. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(a) The king.
(b) De Guiche.
4. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
5. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
(a) Porthos has lost all of Aramis's money in poker games with the locals.
(b) Porthos has sent off the last two fishing boats from Belle-Isle.
(c) Porthos has learned of Philippe and lectured Aramis about it.
(d) Porthos has sent a letter to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
2. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
3. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
4. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
5. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)