|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
(c) La Valliere.
(d) The king.
2. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(b) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
(c) He wants to know who the king converses with.
(d) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
3. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
(a) Return to Nantes.
(b) Wait for his replacement.
(c) Return to Paris.
(d) Attack without him.
4. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(b) The overthrow of Fouquet.
(c) The attainment of a vast fortune.
(d) The overthrow of Colbert.
5. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
(a) To Spain.
(b) To Italy.
(c) To Cannes.
(d) To England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
2. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
3. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
4. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
5. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)