|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
(a) The Queen and Colbert.
(b) The princess and De Guiche.
(c) La Valliere and the King.
(d) Fouquet and La Valliere.
2. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
3. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) Aramis asks him to stay.
(b) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
(c) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(d) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
4. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
(a) Porthos has lost all of Aramis's money in poker games with the locals.
(b) Porthos has sent off the last two fishing boats from Belle-Isle.
(c) Porthos has learned of Philippe and lectured Aramis about it.
(d) Porthos has sent a letter to the king.
5. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
(a) For the king to die.
(b) For his own death.
(c) To accompany Beaufort to Gigelli.
(d) To rekindle his romance with La Valliere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
2. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
3. Who does Porthos think they are protecting the Belle-Isle from in Chapter 42?
4. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
5. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)