|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Mademoiselle Montalais.
(c) Madame de Chevreuse.
(d) Louise La Valliere.
2. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) Their legs feel weak.
(b) The find their first gray hair.
(c) They have a nightmare the night before.
(d) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
3. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
(a) An order exiling D'Artagnan.
(b) An order allows them to execute D'Artagnan if he resigns.
(c) An order that makes D'Artagnan prisoner.
(d) An order that tells D'Artagnan to return to Nantes alone.
4. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
(a) His instincts.
(b) A private letter of Aramis's that he has intercepted.
(c) A conversation between Aramis and Philippe he overheard.
(d) A tip from a servant.
5. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(b) Foot soldier.
(c) Calvary Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
2. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
3. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
4. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
5. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)