|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
(a) Mademoiselle Montalais.
(b) Louise La Valliere.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Madame de Chevreuse.
2. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
(a) To keep a secret for Raoul.
(b) To make La Valliere suffer.
(c) To defend La Valliere where possible.
(d) To never steal another man's love.
3. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
(a) It has a painting of good and bad dreams on it.
(b) It is glass and can see into the starry night.
(c) It is pure gold.
(d) It has a large chandelier with 1000 candles on it.
4. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(a) De Vouvray wine.
(c) White wine.
(d) Red wine.
5. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
2. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
3. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
4. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
5. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)