|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
(a) His instincts.
(b) A private letter of Aramis's that he has intercepted.
(c) A conversation between Aramis and Philippe he overheard.
(d) A tip from a servant.
2. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
(a) For the king to die.
(b) To accompany Beaufort to Gigelli.
(c) To rekindle his romance with La Valliere.
(d) For his own death.
3. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(c) Calvary Captain.
(d) Foot soldier.
4. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(b) The king.
(c) De Guiche.
5. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(b) The overthrow of Colbert.
(c) The attainment of a vast fortune.
(d) The overthrow of Fouquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
2. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
3. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
4. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
5. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)