|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(a) The king.
(d) De Guiche.
2. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
(a) An order exiling D'Artagnan.
(b) An order allows them to execute D'Artagnan if he resigns.
(c) An order that tells D'Artagnan to return to Nantes alone.
(d) An order that makes D'Artagnan prisoner.
3. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) Ten million.
(b) One million.
(c) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
(d) Thirteen million.
4. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(b) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(c) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(d) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
5. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(b) He wants to rest for the evening.
(c) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(d) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
2. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
3. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
4. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
5. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)