|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
(a) Wait for his replacement.
(b) Return to Nantes.
(c) Return to Paris.
(d) Attack without him.
2. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
3. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
4. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
(a) Porthos is hidden from view and D'Artagnan does not know he is in the room.
(b) He is fast asleep in a chair.
(c) Porthos demands to stay and D'Artagnan conceeds.
(d) Aramis asks him to stay.
5. Who does Porthos think they are protecting the Belle-Isle from in Chapter 42?
(a) A false king of France.
(d) King Louis XIV.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
2. What order of the king does an Officer give D'Artagnan after he decides to resign?
3. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
4. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
5. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)