|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) The overthrow of Colbert.
(b) The overthrow of Fouquet.
(c) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(d) The attainment of a vast fortune.
2. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(b) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(c) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(d) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
3. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) The find their first gray hair.
(b) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
(c) Their legs feel weak.
(d) They have a nightmare the night before.
4. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(b) Foot soldier.
(c) Calvary Captain.
5. Who does Porthos think they are protecting the Belle-Isle from in Chapter 42?
(a) King Louis XIV.
(b) A false king of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
2. What is the name of Planchet's intended bride?
3. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
4. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
5. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)