|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
(a) The king.
(d) La Valliere.
2. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
(a) Colbert and Queen Anne.
(b) Two servants.
(c) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(d) No one overhears the king.
3. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
(d) Queen Anne.
4. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) They have a nightmare the night before.
(b) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
(c) Their legs feel weak.
(d) The find their first gray hair.
5. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(a) Calvary Captain.
(b) Foot soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Porthos think they are protecting the Belle-Isle from in Chapter 42?
2. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
3. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
4. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
5. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)