|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
(b) The king.
(d) De Guiche.
2. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
(a) To England.
(b) To Italy.
(c) To Cannes.
(d) To Spain.
3. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
(a) La Valliere.
(b) The king.
4. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
(b) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(c) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(d) He wants to know who the king converses with.
5. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
(a) Calvary Captain.
(b) Foot soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
2. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
3. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
4. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
5. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)