|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
(a) It is glass and can see into the starry night.
(b) It has a large chandelier with 1000 candles on it.
(c) It is pure gold.
(d) It has a painting of good and bad dreams on it.
2. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) Their legs feel weak.
(b) The find their first gray hair.
(c) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
(d) They have a nightmare the night before.
3. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
(a) Mademoiselle Montalais.
(b) Louise La Valliere.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Madame de Chevreuse.
4. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(a) White wine.
(c) De Vouvray wine.
(d) Red wine.
5. Who does Porthos think they are protecting the Belle-Isle from in Chapter 42?
(a) King Louis XIV.
(c) A false king of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
2. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
3. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
4. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
5. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)