|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivation does D'Artagnan have to get to Vaux early in Chapter 12?
(a) He has plans to meet with his mistress there.
(b) He wants to rest for the evening.
(c) He wants to speak with Aramis.
(d) He feels it is the safest place for the king.
2. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
(b) De Vouvray wine.
(c) White wine.
(d) Red wine.
3. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
(b) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(c) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(d) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
4. Who waited on the king during the dinner during Chapter 13?
(c) Queen Anne.
5. What prompts D'Artagnan to suspect that Aramis is up to something in Chapter 14?
(a) A tip from a servant.
(b) His instincts.
(c) A conversation between Aramis and Philippe he overheard.
(d) A private letter of Aramis's that he has intercepted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
2. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
3. Which character does Raoul warn De Guiche to beware of in Chapter 28?
4. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
5. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)