|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
(b) She asks about Fouquet's family.
(c) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(d) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
2. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
3. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) The overthrow of Fouquet.
(b) The overthrow of Colbert.
(c) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(d) The attainment of a vast fortune.
4. Which two people overhear the king tell La Valliere he loves her in Chapter 13?
(a) D'Artagnan and Fouquet.
(b) Colbert and Queen Anne.
(c) Two servants.
(d) No one overhears the king.
5. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
(a) To Cannes.
(b) To Spain.
(c) To Italy.
(d) To England.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
2. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
3. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
4. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
5. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)