|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
(b) Their legs feel weak.
(c) The find their first gray hair.
(d) They have a nightmare the night before.
2. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
(b) She asks about Fouquet's family.
(c) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
(d) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
3. From studying the map in Planchet's store, where do Athos and Raoul suppose that D'Artagnan is journeying?
(a) To England.
(b) To Cannes.
(c) To Italy.
(d) To Spain.
4. Who enters the apartment unexpectedly where Raoul is conversing with a lady in Chapter 28?
(a) La Valliere and the King.
(b) The princess and De Guiche.
(c) Fouquet and La Valliere.
(d) The Queen and Colbert.
5. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(b) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
(c) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
(d) He wants to know who the king converses with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Porthos leave the room when D'Artagnan desires to speak secretly with Aramis in Chapter 14?
2. What does Raoul wish for before drinking from the goblet in Chapter 27?
3. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
4. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
5. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)