|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
(a) Return to Paris.
(b) Wait for his replacement.
(c) Return to Nantes.
(d) Attack without him.
2. What aim does D'Artagnan suppose that Aramis has in his suspicious activities with Fouquet, Baisemeaux, and Percerin?
(a) He does not suspect Aramis of have alterior motives.
(b) The overthrow of Colbert.
(c) The overthrow of Fouquet.
(d) The attainment of a vast fortune.
3. How much money has Fouquet borrowed and not repaid?
(a) One million.
(b) Thirteen million.
(c) He is in good standing in all of his accounts.
(d) Ten million.
4. What question does Queen Anne ask Fouquet during the banquet in Chapter 13?
(a) She asks who is Fouquet's decorator.
(b) She asks about Fouquet's family.
(c) She asks the names of the exotic fruit.
(d) She asks Fouquet what his favorite dish was.
5. What substance is covering Monsieur Planchet when Athos and Raoul arrive to pay him a visit in Chapter 29?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of wine does Beaufort request when he visits Athos and Raoul in Chapter 27?
2. What does De Guiche promise Raoul in Chapter 28?
3. Who does Raoul go to visit first when he arrives in Paris in Chapter 28?
4. Why is Aramis angry with Porthos in Chapter 42?
5. What is unique about the ceiling of the king's bedchamber at Vaux?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)