|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42, Belle-Isle-En-Mer, Chapter 43, The Explanations of Aramis, Chapter 44, Result of the Ideas of the King and the Ideas of D'Artagnan, and Chapter 45, The Ancestors of Porthos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the king angry at their slow progress to Vaux in Chapter 12?
(a) He is feeling ill and the stops are annoying him.
(b) He was hoping to arrive early to walk with La Valliere.
(c) He is fatigued and ready for bed.
(d) He is anxious to see Fouquet's palace for the first time.
2. What does Philippe hope to learn from observing the king unseen in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to know who the king converses with.
(b) He wants to see how the king interacts with his pet dog.
(c) He wants to learn the ceremony of the king's retiring.
(d) He wants to learn which mistress the king consorts with.
3. What does Aramis ask a fisherman to communicate to D'Artagnan in Chapter 42?
(a) He wants D'Artagnan to leave with the fleet.
(b) He wants D'Artagnan to alert Fouquet about the attack of Belle-Isle.
(c) He wants D'Artagnan to allow him and Porthos to escape.
(d) He wants D'Artagnan to come to the island.
4. Who does Porthos think they are protecting the Belle-Isle from in Chapter 42?
(b) King Louis XIV.
(d) A false king of France.
5. In Porthos's family, what is an omen that men are going to die?
(a) The find their first gray hair.
(b) They have a nightmare the night before.
(c) They lose their pinky nail on their left hand.
(d) Their legs feel weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the king request to see before he retires for the night on his first evening at Vaux?
2. Where has Planchet purchased an estate to live out his retirement in?
3. When D'Artagnan decides to resign, what does he think the fleet will be forced to do?
4. What position does Beaufort offer Raoul in his army?
5. Who does Raoul see consorting with an officer while he is waiting for De Guiche in Chapter 28?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)