|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there tension between Taeko and Yukiko?
2. Why does Sachiko admire Mr. Sloltz?
3. Why do Sachiko, Etsuko and Taeko part ways with Yukiko on their trip back to Osaka?
4. What would have happened had Taeko been discovered at Okubata's?
5. What does the local doctor tell Sachiko Taeko might have?
Essay Topic 1
Choose two male characters and compare their roles in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of foreigners in the novel and how the author uses foreshadowing by introducing these characters.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Yukiko is contrasted with her sisters.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)