Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there tension between Taeko and Yukiko?
2. Why does Sachiko admire Mr. Sloltz?
3. Why do Sachiko, Etsuko and Taeko part ways with Yukiko on their trip back to Osaka?
4. What would have happened had Taeko been discovered at Okubata's?
5. What does the local doctor tell Sachiko Taeko might have?
Discuss the significance of men in the novel and analyze their role in the lives of the sisters.
Examine the role of foreigners in the novel and how the author uses foreshadowing by introducing these characters.
Discuss the role that Taeko plays in the novel and how and why she breaks from Japanese tradition.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)