|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sachiko, Etsuko and Taeko part ways with Yukiko on their trip back to Osaka?
2. Why is Taeko seeing Okubata according to her?
3. Who is at fault for Yukiko's not marrying according to Teinosuke?
4. Who does Sachiko write a letter to reporting on Taeko?
5. What surgery does Itakura have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Hashidera according to Chapter 13?
2. What happens with Itakura in Chapter 33 and Chapter 34?
3. What does Mrs. Stoltz do in Chapter 21?
4. Who do they meet in Tokyo in Chapter 30?
5. Why do Yukiko, Taeko, Etsuko, and Sachiko travel by train to Ogaki in Book III, Chapter 1?
6. What does Sawazaki say in his letter in Book III, Chapter 7?
7. What does Taeko insist on based on Chapter 24?
8. What is a cause of concern for Teinosuke in Chapter 28?
9. What happens with many of the family's friends in Chapter 29?
10. What does Sachiko take as a bad omen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of foreigners in the novel and how the author uses foreshadowing by introducing these characters.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how honor plays a role in "The Makoika Sisters" and how a disinheritance can affect one's honor.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the setting of the novel "The Makoika Sisters".
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)