|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
2. What does Yukiko think of Taeko and Okubata?
3. Where does Teinosuke go to meet Mr. Hashidera a few days after he visited Ashiya?
4. What is Mimaki from?
5. Where is Teinosuke during the recital in Book II, Chapters 28-35?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a cause of concern for Teinosuke in Chapter 28?
2. Why do Yukiko, Taeko, Etsuko, and Sachiko travel by train to Ogaki in Book III, Chapter 1?
3. What furthers the conflict between Sachiko and the main house in Chapter 23?
4. Who is Mr. Hashidera according to Chapter 13?
5. What does Sachiko sense about Sawazaki?
6. What announcement does Mrs. Itani make in Chapter 27?
7. Why does Yukiko panic?
8. What does Yukiko do in Chapter 26?
9. What does Mrs. Stoltz do in Chapter 21?
10. Who do they meet in Tokyo in Chapter 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two sisters and discuss the relationship between them.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of social propriety and appearance based on the character of Yukiko.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two male characters and compare their roles in the novel.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)