|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there tension between Taeko and Yukiko?
2. Why does Sachiko admire Mr. Sloltz?
3. Why do Sachiko, Etsuko and Taeko part ways with Yukiko on their trip back to Osaka?
4. What would have happened had Taeko been discovered at Okubata's?
5. What does the local doctor tell Sachiko Taeko might have?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the development of conflict between the main house and the sisters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of O-Haru in the novel and examine her actions, traits, and characteristics.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role that Taeko plays in the novel and how and why she breaks from Japanese tradition.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)