|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What field does Mimaki shown some promise in?
2. Who does O-haru speak to to get her information about Taeko?
3. Why is Sachiko angry at Yukiko?
4. Why do Sachiko and Teinosuke go on a trip together in Book III, Chapters 25-30?
5. What surgery does Itakura have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fault of the family according to Teinosuke?
2. Who do they meet in Tokyo in Chapter 30?
3. Why is Sachiko alarmed in regard to Taeko in Chapter 31?
4. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
5. What does Sachiko take as a bad omen?
6. What happens with Itakura in Chapter 33 and Chapter 34?
7. What decision does Taeko make in Chapter 12?
8. What does Sachiko learn about Taeko in Chapter 9?
9. What does Yukiko do in Chapter 26?
10. What does Sachiko sense about Sawazaki?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between Etsuko and Yukiko and how this role changes throughout the course of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Sachiko and Teinosuke.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of men in the novel and analyze their role in the lives of the sisters.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)