|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sachiko receive a gift from?
2. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
3. What does Tsuruko say about Taeko and Okubata in the letter sent to Sachiko?
4. When is Yukiko introduced to Saigusa?
5. What happens that Sachiko see as a bad omen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sachiko sense about Sawazaki?
2. What does Sawazaki say in his letter in Book III, Chapter 7?
3. What does Yukiko do in Chapter 26?
4. What does Sachiko arrange in Chapter 20?
5. What happens with many of the family's friends in Chapter 29?
6. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
7. What does Taeko insist on based on Chapter 24?
8. What does Tsuruko seem concerned with in Chapter 22?
9. Who does Yukiko recognize on the train?
10. What do Sachiko and Yukiko ignore in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role that natural occurrences play in the lives of the Makoika sisters.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two male characters and compare their roles in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of men in the novel and analyze their role in the lives of the sisters.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)