|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taeko plan on giving up according to Book II, Chapters 1-5?
2. How old is Taeko?
3. What bad habit does Okubata take according to Taeko?
4. What is Nomura's odd habit?
5. What does Taeko plan on doing according to Book II, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What opinion does Yukiko have on the marriage issue in Chapter 17?
2. What does Chapter 11 describe about Itakura?
3. Whose intentions does Sachiko wonder about in Chapter 6?
4. Where does Sachiko arrive in Chapter 15?
5. Why does the meeting with Nomura not go well in Chapter 28?
6. Who overshadows Yukiko?
7. What does the dance recital show about Taeko in Chapter 3?
8. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in according to Chapter 27?
9. What does Yukiko struggle with in Chapters 23 and 24?
10. What causes tension in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two sisters and discuss the relationship between them.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two male characters and compare their roles in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Etsuko and Yukiko and how this role changes throughout the course of the novel.
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)