Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who deals with Mrs. Itani on the Segoshi matter?
2. What declines during the 1930s?
3. Why are Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko stopped and asked to be photographed?
4. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
5. Who comes to inquire about Taeko?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is O-Haru and what traits did she possess based on Chapters 4 and 5?
2. What underling theme is further developed in Chapter 12 through the Stoltz family?
3. What happens with Itakura in Chapter 33 and Chapter 34?
4. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
5. What do Sachiko and Yukiko ignore in Chapter 19?
6. What happens to the family roots in Chapter 21?
7. Who overshadows Yukiko?
8. What does Sachiko arrange in Chapter 20?
9. Why does Yukiko panic?
10. What event is described in Chapters 4 and 5?
Essay Topic 1
Examine how honor plays a role in "The Makoika Sisters" and how a disinheritance can affect one's honor.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the setting of the novel "The Makoika Sisters".
Essay Topic 3
Choose two sisters and discuss the relationship between them.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)