Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who deals with Mrs. Itani on the Segoshi matter?
2. What declines during the 1930s?
3. Why are Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko stopped and asked to be photographed?
4. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
5. Who comes to inquire about Taeko?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is O-Haru and what traits did she possess based on Chapters 4 and 5?
2. What underling theme is further developed in Chapter 12 through the Stoltz family?
3. What happens with Itakura in Chapter 33 and Chapter 34?
4. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
5. What do Sachiko and Yukiko ignore in Chapter 19?
6. What happens to the family roots in Chapter 21?
7. Who overshadows Yukiko?
8. What does Sachiko arrange in Chapter 20?
9. Why does Yukiko panic?
10. What event is described in Chapters 4 and 5?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of O-Haru in the novel and examine her actions, traits, and characteristics.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Japanese tradition in the novel and how it impacts the lives of the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Define theme and discuss the theme of hostility as portrayed in the novel.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)