|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko do the night they arrive at Mrs Sugano's?
(a) Go to dinner on the coast.
(b) Go to a recital.
(c) Go firefly hunting.
(d) Go to a theater.
2. What does Tsuruko say about Taeko and Okubata in the letter sent to Sachiko?
(a) That they must marry.
(b) That they cannot marry.
(c) That they must move away from Osaka.
(d) That they must put in writting what their intensions are toward each other.
3. Why is Mrs. Itani selling her shop?
(a) She wants to go to America.
(b) She wants to start a sewing business.
(c) She wants to go China.
(d) She wants to retire.
4. How many mistresses does Okubata have?
5. What becomes more frequent after the war with China escalates?
(b) Metal recycling drives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yukiko treat Okubata when he comes to visit Taeko?
2. What does Sachiko learn from O-Haru?
3. What does Sachiko ask Teinosuke to approach the main house about?
4. Why does Sachiko admire Mr. Sloltz?
5. Who is at fault for Yukiko's not marrying according to Teinosuke?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)