|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Taeko's sisters trying to encourage her to do?
(a) Go with Okubata.
(b) Get her own car.
(c) Stayy with them.
(d) Go to the main house in Tokyo.
2. Where is Teinosuke during the recital in Book II, Chapters 28-35?
(a) Stand in the back stage.
(b) Sit in the front row.
(c) Stand in the front.
(d) Standing in the back.
3. Why do Sachiko and Teinosuke go on a trip together in Book III, Chapters 25-30?
(a) To try to find a husband for Yukiko.
(b) To try to find a house
(c) It is their second honeymoon.
(d) To try to find a doctor for Taeko.
4. What does Taeko do when confronted by Yukiko?
(a) She argues that it is none of Yukiko's business.
(b) She listens to her without saying a word.
(c) She leaves in a rush.
(d) She cries.
5. What do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko do the night they arrive at Mrs Sugano's?
(a) Go to a theater.
(b) Go to dinner on the coast.
(c) Go to a recital.
(d) Go firefly hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sachiko write a letter to reporting on Taeko?
2. Why is Tatsuo opposed to Taeko learning sewing?
3. Where is Katherine leaving for?
4. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
5. What surgery does Itakura have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Hashidera according to Chapter 13?
2. What does Yukiko do in Chapter 26?
3. What is the fault of the family according to Teinosuke?
4. What announcement does Mrs. Itani make in Chapter 27?
5. What happens with Itakura in Chapter 33 and Chapter 34?
6. Who is Mimaki?
7. Who do they meet in Tokyo in Chapter 30?
8. What does Sachiko arrange in Chapter 20?
9. How do Teinosuke and Sachiko make decisions based on the conversation in Chapter 23?
10. What bad news does O-haru bring?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)