|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sachiko admire Mr. Sloltz?
(a) Her strong will.
(b) Her careful housekeeping.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her fashion sense.
2. What disease is Taeko suspected of having in Book III, Chapters 19-24?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) Chiken pox.
3. Where does Taeko return at night?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) Her apartment.
(d) Her friend Isimura.
4. What does Tsuruko say about Taeko and Okubata in the letter sent to Sachiko?
(a) That they must put in writting what their intensions are toward each other.
(b) That they must marry.
(c) That they cannot marry.
(d) That they must move away from Osaka.
5. Where do the sisters and Mimaki meet for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What field does Mimaki shown some promise in?
2. Where is Taeko resting while sick?
3. What does Sachiko think of the match between Yukiko and Sawazaki according to Book III, Chapters 7-12?
4. Where do Taeko and Etsuko go while Sawazaki meets Yukiko?
5. Why is Taeko's teacher canceling her trip to Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sachiko take as a bad omen?
2. What bad news does O-haru bring?
3. What decision does Taeko make in Chapter 12?
4. Why is Sachiko alarmed in regard to Taeko in Chapter 31?
5. Who is Mr. Hashidera according to Chapter 13?
6. What is a cause of concern for Teinosuke in Chapter 28?
7. What does Taeko insist on based on Chapter 24?
8. What happens with Itakura in Chapter 33 and Chapter 34?
9. What does Tsuruko seem concerned with in Chapter 22?
10. What announcement does Mrs. Itani make in Chapter 27?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)