|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Taeko resting while sick?
(a) At Okubata's.
(b) At Itekuba.
(c) At the main house.
(d) At Sachiko.
2. Who does Rosemary spend her last night in Japan with?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her best friend Roseanne.
3. How do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko go to see Sawazaki?
(a) By car.
(b) By bus.
(c) By train.
(d) By boat.
4. Where is Taeko at the end of Book III, Chapters 13-18?
(a) With Sachiko.
(b) At Okubata's.
(c) At Taeko's teacher.
(d) At the main house.
5. What disease is Taeko suspected of having in Book III, Chapters 19-24?
(c) Scarlet fever.
(d) Chiken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sawazaki from?
2. What does Mimaki lack?
3. What surgery does Itakura have?
4. What becomes more frequent after the war with China escalates?
5. How does Tainosuke explain to Hashidera why Yukiko never married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
2. What does Mrs. Stoltz do in Chapter 21?
3. What happens with Itakura in Chapter 33 and Chapter 34?
4. What does Yukiko do in Chapter 26?
5. Why is there tension between the main house and the rest of the family in Chapter 8?
6. What is the fault of the family according to Teinosuke?
7. What does Sachiko arrange in Chapter 20?
8. What does Tsuruko seem concerned with in Chapter 22?
9. What bad news does O-haru bring?
10. Who do they meet in Tokyo in Chapter 30?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)