|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taeko ask for money from Tatsuo and Tsuruko?
(a) To marry Okubata.
(b) To move to Tokyo.
(c) To marry Itakura.
(d) To move to Paris.
2. What would have happened had Taeko been discovered at Okubata's?
(a) It would have been a smear on the family.
(b) They would have been forced to stop seeing each other.
(c) They would have been forced to marry.
(d) Taejo would have been forced to move away.
3. Why does Taeko return to Ashiya precipitately?
(a) Itakura has an accident.
(b) Itakura is ill.
(c) Itakura's family wants to negotiate a wedding.
(d) Itakura wants her as a good luck charm for his surgery.
4. What is Miyoshi's occupation?
5. How does Yukiko treat Okubata when he comes to visit Taeko?
(b) With a laugh.
(d) With care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there tension between Taeko and Yukiko?
2. Who moves to the Stoltz's house?
3. Who is diagnosed with Scarlet Fever?
4. Who is Mrs. Stoltz packing with in Book II, Chapters 21-27?
5. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a cause of concern for Teinosuke in Chapter 28?
2. Who does Yukiko recognize on the train?
3. What does Taeko insist on based on Chapter 24?
4. Why do Yukiko, Taeko, Etsuko, and Sachiko travel by train to Ogaki in Book III, Chapter 1?
5. What furthers the conflict between Sachiko and the main house in Chapter 23?
6. What happens with many of the family's friends in Chapter 29?
7. What does Sachiko learn about Taeko in Chapter 9?
8. What does Sachiko take as a bad omen?
9. What do Sachiko and Yukiko ignore in Chapter 19?
10. What does Sawazaki say in his letter in Book III, Chapter 7?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)