|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Yukiko introduced to Saigusa?
(a) Years before.
(b) Months before.
(c) Days before.
(d) Weeks before.
2. What disease is Taeko suspected of having in Book III, Chapters 19-24?
(c) Scarlet fever.
(d) Chiken pox.
3. Where is Katherine leaving for?
4. What does Sachiko think of Taeko seeing Okubata?
(a) She hopes they will break up.
(b) She wishes Taeko would see how bad Okubata is.
(c) She hopes they will elope.
(d) She still hopes they will marry.
5. What is Mr. Hashidera's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Taeko ask for money from Tatsuo and Tsuruko?
2. What would have happened had Taeko been discovered at Okubata's?
3. Why is the family concerned about the two unwed sisters?
4. What does Sachiko think of the match between Yukiko and Sawazaki according to Book III, Chapters 7-12?
5. What happens that Sachiko see as a bad omen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yukiko do in Chapter 26?
2. Who is Mr. Hashidera according to Chapter 13?
3. What happens with many of the family's friends in Chapter 29?
4. Why do Yukiko, Taeko, Etsuko, and Sachiko travel by train to Ogaki in Book III, Chapter 1?
5. Who is Mimaki?
6. Why is Sachiko alarmed in regard to Taeko in Chapter 31?
7. What does Sawazaki say in his letter in Book III, Chapter 7?
8. What furthers the conflict between Sachiko and the main house in Chapter 23?
9. What does Tsuruko seem concerned with in Chapter 22?
10. What does Sachiko take as a bad omen?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)