|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at fault for Yukiko's not marrying according to Teinosuke?
(a) Her own.
(b) The family.
(c) The various suitors.
(d) His own.
2. Where is Teinosuke during the recital in Book II, Chapters 28-35?
(a) Sit in the front row.
(b) Stand in the front.
(c) Stand in the back stage.
(d) Standing in the back.
3. How does Tainosuke explain to Hashidera why Yukiko never married?
(a) During a long phone call.
(b) Through Mrs Itani.
(c) In a letter.
(d) Face to face.
4. What is Miyoshi's occupation?
5. When does Book III, Chapters 19-24 open?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Taeko at the end of Book III, Chapters 13-18?
2. Who is Mrs. Stoltz packing with in Book II, Chapters 21-27?
3. Why does Taeko return to Ashiya precipitately?
4. Why do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko put on her fine clothes for the trip?
5. What does Sachiko ask Teinosuke to approach the main house about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do they meet in Tokyo in Chapter 30?
2. What do Sachiko and Yukiko ignore in Chapter 19?
3. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
4. What does Sachiko arrange in Chapter 20?
5. What does Yukiko do in Chapter 26?
6. What announcement does Mrs. Itani make in Chapter 27?
7. What does Mrs. Stoltz do in Chapter 21?
8. Why do Yukiko, Taeko, Etsuko, and Sachiko travel by train to Ogaki in Book III, Chapter 1?
9. What is the fault of the family according to Teinosuke?
10. What does Taeko insist on based on Chapter 24?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)