|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Sugano according to Book III, Chapters 1-6?
(a) Tatsuo's sister.
(b) Tatsuo's hairdresser.
(c) Tatsuo's aunt.
(d) Tatsuo's mother.
2. What becomes more frequent after the war with China escalates?
(c) Metal recycling drives.
3. How many times has Mimaki been married?
(c) Three time.
(d) Four time.
4. Why is Sachiko angry at Yukiko?
(a) She refused to go walk with Hashidera.
(b) She said to Hashidera that she wanted to marry him.
(c) She went and met Hashidera without a chaperone.
(d) She invited Hashidera to the house.
5. Why is Taeko seeing Okubata according to her?
(a) Out of love.
(b) To get presents.
(c) Out of pity.
(d) Out of obligation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sachiko ask Teinosuke to approach the main house about?
2. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
3. What happens that Sachiko see as a bad omen?
4. What does Okubata do during the recital?
5. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sachiko learn about Taeko in Chapter 9?
2. What does Sawazaki say in his letter in Book III, Chapter 7?
3. Who does Yukiko recognize on the train?
4. What bad news does O-haru bring?
5. What does Sachiko arrange in Chapter 20?
6. What is the fault of the family according to Teinosuke?
7. What does Yukiko do in Chapter 26?
8. What happens with Itakura in Chapter 33 and Chapter 34?
9. What does Taeko insist on based on Chapter 24?
10. What happens with many of the family's friends in Chapter 29?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)