|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who risked his life to save Taeko during the flood?
2. Why is Okubata upset at Sachiko?
(a) Sachiko told Okubata's family about him hosting Taeko.
(b) Sachiko has Taeko moved to a private hospital.
(c) Sachiko want Okubata and Taeko to marry immediatly.
(d) Sachiko convinced Taeko to postpone the wedding.
3. What does Sachiko learn from O-Haru?
(a) Okubata has been thrown out fo the family home.
(b) Okubata is taking the place of head of his family.
(c) Okubata wants to join the army.
(d) Okubata is seeing five different women.
4. Why is there tension between Taeko and Yukiko?
(a) Yukiko does not want to marry.
(b) Taeko cannot marry before Yukiko.
(c) Yukiko does not think Taeko's dolls are special.
(d) Taeko cannot be an independant woman.
5. What happens that Sachiko see as a bad omen?
(a) The car breaks down.
(b) The boat runs ashore.
(c) The bus breaks down.
(d) The train breaks down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sachiko write a letter to reporting on Taeko?
2. Who is Mrs. Stoltz strict with?
3. Why does Hashidera call Yukiko?
4. Why does Sachiko admire Mr. Sloltz?
5. Who does Rosemary spend her last night in Japan with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sachiko and Yukiko ignore in Chapter 19?
2. What bad news does O-haru bring?
3. What does Mrs. Stoltz do in Chapter 21?
4. Why do Yukiko, Taeko, Etsuko, and Sachiko travel by train to Ogaki in Book III, Chapter 1?
5. What happens with Itakura in Chapter 33 and Chapter 34?
6. Who does Yukiko recognize on the train?
7. What does Sawazaki say in his letter in Book III, Chapter 7?
8. What does Sachiko take as a bad omen?
9. What does Sachiko sense about Sawazaki?
10. What decision does Taeko make in Chapter 12?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)