|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taeko ask for money from Tatsuo and Tsuruko?
(a) To move to Paris.
(b) To marry Okubata.
(c) To move to Tokyo.
(d) To marry Itakura.
2. What is Katherina's final destination?
3. What does Sachiko think of Mr. Hashidera?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She likes him.
(c) She is doubtful.
(d) She is indifferent.
4. What is Mimaki from?
(a) A noble family.
(b) A sailor's family.
(c) A military family.
(d) A merchant's family.
5. What does Okubata promise Sachiko?
(a) To come visit Taeko.
(b) To stay away from Taeko.
(c) To pay for the hospital bill.
(d) To stop trying to elope with Taeko.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Katherine leaving for?
2. How many times has Mimaki been married?
3. Who does O-haru speak to to get her information about Taeko?
4. What is Mr. Hashidera's profession?
5. Why is Sachiko offended by the letter from Sawazaki?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tsuruko seem concerned with in Chapter 22?
2. Who is Mr. Hashidera according to Chapter 13?
3. What happens with many of the family's friends in Chapter 29?
4. How do Teinosuke and Sachiko make decisions based on the conversation in Chapter 23?
5. Who does Yukiko recognize on the train?
6. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
7. What does Sachiko learn about Taeko in Chapter 9?
8. What happens with Itakura in Chapter 33 and Chapter 34?
9. What is a cause of concern for Teinosuke in Chapter 28?
10. Why does Yukiko panic?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)