|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rosemary spend her last night in Japan with?
(a) Her best friend Roseanne.
(c) Her mother.
2. What does Sachiko tell Yukiko about?
(a) The scene at the recital.
(b) Taeko's affairs.
(c) The pictures Itakura took.
3. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
(a) Mr. Hashidera's interest in getting married.
(b) Yukiko's interest in getting married.
(c) Mr. Hashidera's daughter willingness to get a stepmother.
(d) Mr. Hashibera financial situation.
4. What does Okubata promise Sachiko?
(a) To stay away from Taeko.
(b) To pay for the hospital bill.
(c) To stop trying to elope with Taeko.
(d) To come visit Taeko.
5. Why is Sachiko angry at Yukiko?
(a) She refused to go walk with Hashidera.
(b) She invited Hashidera to the house.
(c) She said to Hashidera that she wanted to marry him.
(d) She went and met Hashidera without a chaperone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Okubata upset at Sachiko?
2. Why do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko put on her fine clothes for the trip?
3. What is Katherina's final destination?
4. What would have happened had Taeko been discovered at Okubata's?
5. Who is at fault for Yukiko's not marrying according to Teinosuke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do they meet in Tokyo in Chapter 30?
2. Why do Yukiko, Taeko, Etsuko, and Sachiko travel by train to Ogaki in Book III, Chapter 1?
3. What does Sachiko arrange in Chapter 20?
4. What does Tsuruko seem concerned with in Chapter 22?
5. What is the fault of the family according to Teinosuke?
6. Who does Yukiko recognize on the train?
7. What does Mrs. Stoltz do in Chapter 21?
8. What does Taeko insist on based on Chapter 24?
9. Who is Mr. Hashidera according to Chapter 13?
10. What happens with many of the family's friends in Chapter 29?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)