|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mimaki from?
(a) A sailor's family.
(b) A noble family.
(c) A military family.
(d) A merchant's family.
2. What does Taeko do when confronted by Yukiko?
(a) She argues that it is none of Yukiko's business.
(b) She cries.
(c) She listens to her without saying a word.
(d) She leaves in a rush.
3. Who chaperones Yukiko when meeting Mr. Hashidera?
4. What is Katherina's final destination?
5. Why is Sachiko angry at Yukiko?
(a) She refused to go walk with Hashidera.
(b) She invited Hashidera to the house.
(c) She said to Hashidera that she wanted to marry him.
(d) She went and met Hashidera without a chaperone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the family concerned about the two unwed sisters?
2. Why is Okubata upset at Sachiko?
3. Why is Taeko's teacher canceling her trip to Paris?
4. Where is Okubata considering going?
5. Why does Sachiko admire Mr. Sloltz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there tension between the main house and the rest of the family in Chapter 8?
2. What happens with many of the family's friends in Chapter 29?
3. Why does Yukiko panic?
4. Who is Mimaki?
5. What do Sachiko and Yukiko ignore in Chapter 19?
6. How do Teinosuke and Sachiko make decisions based on the conversation in Chapter 23?
7. What does Sachiko sense about Sawazaki?
8. What is a cause of concern for Teinosuke in Chapter 28?
9. What does Tsuruko seem concerned with in Chapter 22?
10. Why do Yukiko, Taeko, Etsuko, and Sachiko travel by train to Ogaki in Book III, Chapter 1?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)