|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tainosuke explain to Hashidera why Yukiko never married?
(a) In a letter.
(b) Face to face.
(c) During a long phone call.
(d) Through Mrs Itani.
2. When are Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko supposed to meet Saqazaki?
(a) Three days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(b) Two days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(c) The day of their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(d) The day after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
3. Why is there tension between Taeko and Yukiko?
(a) Taeko cannot marry before Yukiko.
(b) Taeko cannot be an independant woman.
(c) Yukiko does not want to marry.
(d) Yukiko does not think Taeko's dolls are special.
4. Why does Hashidera call Yukiko?
(a) To ask her to go on a walk with him.
(b) To call off the negotiations.
(c) To talk to her about his daughter.
(d) To ask her about why she hasn't married yet.
5. What are Taeko's sisters trying to encourage her to do?
(a) Go with Okubata.
(b) Stayy with them.
(c) Get her own car.
(d) Go to the main house in Tokyo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sachiko sense about Sawzaki?
2. What news does Taeko receive from Katherine?
3. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
4. What is Mimaki from?
5. How does Yukiko treat Okubata when he comes to visit Taeko?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taeko insist on based on Chapter 24?
2. What is a cause of concern for Teinosuke in Chapter 28?
3. What does Sachiko arrange in Chapter 20?
4. What bad news does O-haru bring?
5. What is the fault of the family according to Teinosuke?
6. Why does Yukiko panic?
7. What announcement does Mrs. Itani make in Chapter 27?
8. What happens with many of the family's friends in Chapter 29?
9. Who do they meet in Tokyo in Chapter 30?
10. Who does Yukiko recognize on the train?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)