|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tainosuke explain to Hashidera why Yukiko never married?
(a) In a letter.
(b) During a long phone call.
(c) Through Mrs Itani.
(d) Face to face.
2. What news does Taeko receive from Katherine?
(a) She made friend with a nobleman.
(b) She married a wealthy man.
(c) She settled in Germany.
(d) She made her way to America.
3. When are Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko supposed to meet Saqazaki?
(a) The day after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(b) The day of their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(c) Two days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(d) Three days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
4. What does Sachiko sense about Sawzaki?
(a) He wants to court Taeko.
(b) He is prideful.
(c) He want to marry Yukiko.
(d) He is not interested in Yukiko.
5. What field does Mimaki shown some promise in?
(d) Car repair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Okubata get many of the gifts he gave Taeko?
2. What does Sachiko tell Yukiko about?
3. Where is Taeko resting while sick?
4. Who does O-haru speak to to get her information about Taeko?
5. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What announcement does Mrs. Itani make in Chapter 27?
2. Who do they meet in Tokyo in Chapter 30?
3. What does Sachiko take as a bad omen?
4. What is the fault of the family according to Teinosuke?
5. Why does Yukiko panic?
6. What happens with Itakura in Chapter 33 and Chapter 34?
7. Who is Mr. Hashidera according to Chapter 13?
8. What does Taeko insist on based on Chapter 24?
9. What do Sachiko and Yukiko ignore in Chapter 19?
10. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)