|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sachiko receive a gift from?
(a) Mrs. Stoltz.
(d) Her neighbor.
2. What is Katherina's final destination?
3. What does Sachiko ask Teinosuke to approach the main house about?
(a) Taeko's plan to go to Paris.
(b) Taeko's wish to marry Itakura..
(c) Taeko's future as a working woman.
(d) Taeko's wish to take on dancing.
4. What does Yukiko think of Taeko and Okubata?
(a) They should live together.
(b) They should elope.
(c) They should marry.
(d) They should not marry.
5. What happens that Sachiko see as a bad omen?
(a) The car breaks down.
(b) The boat runs ashore.
(c) The train breaks down.
(d) The bus breaks down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko go to see Sawazaki?
2. What does Sachiko think of the match between Yukiko and Sawazaki according to Book III, Chapters 7-12?
3. Why is Tatsuo opposed to Taeko learning sewing?
4. How many times has Mimaki been married?
5. Who is Mrs. Stoltz strict with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Teinosuke and Sachiko make decisions based on the conversation in Chapter 23?
2. What furthers the conflict between Sachiko and the main house in Chapter 23?
3. What does Sachiko arrange in Chapter 20?
4. What does Sachiko take as a bad omen?
5. What does Sachiko learn about Taeko in Chapter 9?
6. What does Yukiko do in Chapter 26?
7. What does Taeko insist on based on Chapter 24?
8. What does Sawazaki say in his letter in Book III, Chapter 7?
9. Why is Sachiko alarmed in regard to Taeko in Chapter 31?
10. What does Tsuruko seem concerned with in Chapter 22?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)