|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sachiko tell Yukiko about?
(a) Taeko's affairs.
(c) The pictures Itakura took.
(d) The scene at the recital.
2. What happens that Sachiko see as a bad omen?
(a) The train breaks down.
(b) The boat runs ashore.
(c) The bus breaks down.
(d) The car breaks down.
3. Why is there tension between Taeko and Yukiko?
(a) Yukiko does not want to marry.
(b) Taeko cannot be an independant woman.
(c) Taeko cannot marry before Yukiko.
(d) Yukiko does not think Taeko's dolls are special.
4. Where is Taeko at the end of Book III, Chapters 13-18?
(a) With Sachiko.
(b) At Taeko's teacher.
(c) At the main house.
(d) At Okubata's.
5. When is Yukiko introduced to Saigusa?
(a) Days before.
(b) Years before.
(c) Months before.
(d) Weeks before.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Book III, Chapters 19-24 open?
2. Where do the sisters and Mimaki meet for the first time?
3. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
4. Why is the main house organizing a ceremony?
5. Who introduces Saigusa to Yukiko?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)