|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Sugano according to Book III, Chapters 1-6?
(a) Tatsuo's mother.
(b) Tatsuo's sister.
(c) Tatsuo's aunt.
(d) Tatsuo's hairdresser.
2. What doesn't Taeko come to the house while Teinosuke is home?
(a) For fear of being followed by the maid.
(b) For her own sanity.
(c) For fear of punishment.
(d) For appearance's sake.
3. Who introduces Saigusa to Yukiko?
(a) Mrs Itani.
4. What does Sachiko think of the match between Yukiko and Sawazaki according to Book III, Chapters 7-12?
(a) She thinks Yukiko can do better.
(b) She is not optimistic.
(c) She is optimistic.
(d) She is excited.
5. Why do Sachiko and Teinosuke go on a trip together in Book III, Chapters 25-30?
(a) To try to find a husband for Yukiko.
(b) To try to find a doctor for Taeko.
(c) It is their second honeymoon.
(d) To try to find a house
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Book III, Chapters 19-24 open?
2. How does Yukiko treat Okubata when he comes to visit Taeko?
3. Where is Katherine leaving for?
4. Where do Taeko and Etsuko go while Sawazaki meets Yukiko?
5. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fault of the family according to Teinosuke?
2. What does Sachiko learn about Taeko in Chapter 9?
3. Why is Sachiko alarmed in regard to Taeko in Chapter 31?
4. What happens with many of the family's friends in Chapter 29?
5. What decision does Taeko make in Chapter 12?
6. Why is there tension between the main house and the rest of the family in Chapter 8?
7. Why does Yukiko panic?
8. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
9. What does Yukiko do in Chapter 26?
10. What does Tsuruko seem concerned with in Chapter 22?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)