|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sachiko think of Taeko seeing Okubata?
(a) She still hopes they will marry.
(b) She wishes Taeko would see how bad Okubata is.
(c) She hopes they will break up.
(d) She hopes they will elope.
2. Why is Taeko's teacher canceling her trip to Paris?
(a) Threat of war.
(b) She does not have enough money to go.
(c) She now wants to to to America.
(d) She found a better paying job.
3. Where is Taeko at the end of Book III, Chapters 13-18?
(a) At the main house.
(b) At Okubata's.
(c) At Taeko's teacher.
(d) With Sachiko.
4. How does Yukiko treat Okubata when he comes to visit Taeko?
(b) With a laugh.
(d) With care.
5. What are Taeko's sisters trying to encourage her to do?
(a) Stayy with them.
(b) Get her own car.
(c) Go with Okubata.
(d) Go to the main house in Tokyo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sachiko offended by the letter from Sawazaki?
2. What does Sachiko ask Teinosuke to approach the main house about?
3. Who is Mrs. Stoltz strict with?
4. What becomes more frequent after the war with China escalates?
5. Why does Taeko return to Ashiya precipitately?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tsuruko seem concerned with in Chapter 22?
2. What furthers the conflict between Sachiko and the main house in Chapter 23?
3. What does Sachiko sense about Sawazaki?
4. What does Sachiko learn about Taeko in Chapter 9?
5. What do Sachiko and Yukiko ignore in Chapter 19?
6. Who is Mimaki?
7. Who is Mr. Hashidera according to Chapter 13?
8. What decision does Taeko make in Chapter 12?
9. Who does Yukiko recognize on the train?
10. What does Taeko insist on based on Chapter 24?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)