|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
(a) Taeko wants to marry Okutaba.
(b) Taeko wants to become a dancer.
(c) Taeko wants to marry Itakura.
(d) Taeko wants to elope.
2. Where do Taeko and Etsuko go while Sawazaki meets Yukiko?
(a) A local landmark.
(b) A theater.
(c) A recital.
(d) A local temple.
3. Why does Sachiko admire Mr. Sloltz?
(a) Her strong will.
(b) Her fashion sense.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her careful housekeeping.
4. Why do Sachiko and Teinosuke go on a trip together in Book III, Chapters 25-30?
(a) To try to find a husband for Yukiko.
(b) It is their second honeymoon.
(c) To try to find a house
(d) To try to find a doctor for Taeko.
5. What does Sachiko tell Yukiko about?
(b) Taeko's affairs.
(c) The pictures Itakura took.
(d) The scene at the recital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hashidera call Yukiko?
2. What do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko do the night they arrive at Mrs Sugano's?
3. Why is the family concerned about the two unwed sisters?
4. What does Okubata do during the recital?
5. Where does Taeko return at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do they meet in Tokyo in Chapter 30?
2. What does Tsuruko seem concerned with in Chapter 22?
3. What does Sachiko learn about Taeko in Chapter 9?
4. What does Sachiko sense about Sawazaki?
5. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
6. Who is Mimaki?
7. What does Sachiko arrange in Chapter 20?
8. What bad news does O-haru bring?
9. What is the fault of the family according to Teinosuke?
10. What does Mrs. Stoltz do in Chapter 21?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)