|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who risked his life to save Taeko during the flood?
2. What is Miyoshi's occupation?
3. Where does Taeko return at night?
(b) Her apartment.
(c) Her friend Isimura.
(d) The neighbor.
4. What does Sachiko learn about Okubata's behavior?
(a) He goes to bars with several women.
(b) He hosted Taeko.
(c) He was seen drunk.
(d) He took things from the family store.
5. Why is Taeko seeing Okubata according to her?
(a) To get presents.
(b) Out of obligation.
(c) Out of love.
(d) Out of pity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sachiko ask Teinosuke to approach the main house about?
2. Who joins Mrs. Itani in the quest to find Yukiko a husband in Book III, Chapters 13-18?
3. Who is at fault for Yukiko's not marrying according to Teinosuke?
4. Who transmits the letter from Sawazaki to Sachiko?
5. Why is Sachiko offended by the letter from Sawazaki?
Short Essay Questions
1. What announcement does Mrs. Itani make in Chapter 27?
2. What decision does Taeko make in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Yukiko recognize on the train?
4. Why is there tension between the main house and the rest of the family in Chapter 8?
5. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
6. What does Sachiko learn about Taeko in Chapter 9?
7. What does Sachiko arrange in Chapter 20?
8. Who is Mr. Hashidera according to Chapter 13?
9. What does Sachiko take as a bad omen?
10. What do Sachiko and Yukiko ignore in Chapter 19?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)