|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sachiko write a letter to reporting on Taeko?
2. What does Mimaki lack?
3. What is Katherina's final destination?
4. Why does Taeko return to Ashiya precipitately?
(a) Itakura is ill.
(b) Itakura's family wants to negotiate a wedding.
(c) Itakura has an accident.
(d) Itakura wants her as a good luck charm for his surgery.
5. Why is Taeko seeing Okubata according to her?
(a) Out of obligation.
(b) Out of love.
(c) To get presents.
(d) Out of pity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Stoltz packing with in Book II, Chapters 21-27?
2. What does Sachiko think of the match between Yukiko and Sawazaki according to Book III, Chapters 7-12?
3. What does Okubata do during the recital?
4. Where does Teinosuke go to meet Mr. Hashidera a few days after he visited Ashiya?
5. What does Tsuruko say about Taeko and Okubata in the letter sent to Sachiko?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Taeko make in Chapter 12?
2. What is a cause of concern for Teinosuke in Chapter 28?
3. What does Taeko insist on based on Chapter 24?
4. What furthers the conflict between Sachiko and the main house in Chapter 23?
5. What happens with Itakura in Chapter 33 and Chapter 34?
6. Who do they meet in Tokyo in Chapter 30?
7. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
8. Why do Yukiko, Taeko, Etsuko, and Sachiko travel by train to Ogaki in Book III, Chapter 1?
9. Who is Mimaki?
10. What does Yukiko do in Chapter 26?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)