|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Hashidera's profession?
2. Who chaperones Yukiko when meeting Mr. Hashidera?
3. Who risked his life to save Taeko during the flood?
4. What does Sachiko tell Yukiko about?
(a) Taeko's affairs.
(b) The pictures Itakura took.
(d) The scene at the recital.
5. What does Sachiko learn from O-Haru?
(a) Okubata has been thrown out fo the family home.
(b) Okubata is seeing five different women.
(c) Okubata is taking the place of head of his family.
(d) Okubata wants to join the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sachiko write a letter to reporting on Taeko?
2. Where does Okubata get many of the gifts he gave Taeko?
3. What does Mimaki lack?
4. What surgery does Itakura have?
5. Why is Mrs. Itani selling her shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sachiko take as a bad omen?
2. What does Mrs. Stoltz do in Chapter 21?
3. Why do Yukiko, Taeko, Etsuko, and Sachiko travel by train to Ogaki in Book III, Chapter 1?
4. Who do they meet in Tokyo in Chapter 30?
5. How do Teinosuke and Sachiko make decisions based on the conversation in Chapter 23?
6. What announcement does Mrs. Itani make in Chapter 27?
7. Who does Yukiko recognize on the train?
8. Who is Mimaki?
9. Why is there tension between the main house and the rest of the family in Chapter 8?
10. What does Tsuruko seem concerned with in Chapter 22?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)