|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the family concerned about the two unwed sisters?
(a) They cannot participate in the celebration as single women.
(b) They are proof the family failed to find them husbands.
(c) They are proof that something is wrong with them.
(d) Suitors could crash the celebrations.
2. What does Sachiko ask Teinosuke to approach the main house about?
(a) Taeko's future as a working woman.
(b) Taeko's plan to go to Paris.
(c) Taeko's wish to marry Itakura..
(d) Taeko's wish to take on dancing.
3. Who does Sachiko receive a gift from?
(b) Her neighbor.
(d) Mrs. Stoltz.
4. Who risked his life to save Taeko during the flood?
5. Where is Teinosuke during the recital in Book II, Chapters 28-35?
(a) Stand in the back stage.
(b) Sit in the front row.
(c) Standing in the back.
(d) Stand in the front.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sachiko write a letter to reporting on Taeko?
2. What is Mimaki from?
3. What is Katherina's final destination?
4. Where is Sawazaki from?
5. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mimaki?
2. What bad news does O-haru bring?
3. What is a cause of concern for Teinosuke in Chapter 28?
4. What does Sachiko learn about Taeko in Chapter 9?
5. Who is Mr. Hashidera according to Chapter 13?
6. What does Taeko insist on based on Chapter 24?
7. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
8. What does Sachiko arrange in Chapter 20?
9. Why is there tension between the main house and the rest of the family in Chapter 8?
10. Why is Sachiko alarmed in regard to Taeko in Chapter 31?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)