|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease is Taeko suspected of having in Book III, Chapters 19-24?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(d) Chiken pox.
2. What is Mimaki from?
(a) A military family.
(b) A sailor's family.
(c) A noble family.
(d) A merchant's family.
3. Why does Hashidera call Yukiko?
(a) To ask her to go on a walk with him.
(b) To ask her about why she hasn't married yet.
(c) To talk to her about his daughter.
(d) To call off the negotiations.
4. Who does Sachiko receive a gift from?
(a) Mrs. Stoltz.
(d) Her neighbor.
5. Who is Mrs. Stoltz packing with in Book II, Chapters 21-27?
(b) Her maids.
(c) Her younger children.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sachiko think of the new neighbors?
2. What does Sachiko learn from O-Haru?
3. Who is diagnosed with Scarlet Fever?
4. Where is Taeko at the end of Book III, Chapters 13-18?
5. How does Yukiko treat Okubata when he comes to visit Taeko?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)