|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rosemary spend her last night in Japan with?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her best friend Roseanne.
2. Who does O-haru speak to to get her information about Taeko?
(a) The Okubata's neigbors.
(b) The sister of Okubata.
(c) The Okubata's maid.
(d) A landlord.
3. Where is Teinosuke during the recital in Book II, Chapters 28-35?
(a) Stand in the back stage.
(b) Stand in the front.
(c) Standing in the back.
(d) Sit in the front row.
4. When is Yukiko introduced to Saigusa?
(a) Months before.
(b) Days before.
(c) Weeks before.
(d) Years before.
5. What does Okubata do during the recital?
(a) Arrives drunk.
(b) Attacks Taeko's teacher.
(c) Arrives with another woman.
(d) Attacks Itakura.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Okubata promise Sachiko?
2. What are Taeko's sisters trying to encourage her to do?
3. What does Taeko do when confronted by Yukiko?
4. Why is the main house organizing a ceremony?
5. How old is Mr. Hashidera's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sachiko and Yukiko ignore in Chapter 19?
2. How do Teinosuke and Sachiko make decisions based on the conversation in Chapter 23?
3. Why is Sachiko alarmed in regard to Taeko in Chapter 31?
4. What is the fault of the family according to Teinosuke?
5. What announcement does Mrs. Itani make in Chapter 27?
6. What bad news does O-haru bring?
7. Who is Mimaki?
8. Why does Yukiko panic?
9. Who is Mr. Hashidera according to Chapter 13?
10. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)