|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sachiko ask Yukiko in the car on their way home?
(a) What she thinks of Segoshi.
(b) If she wants to take her time before marrying Segoshi.
(c) What Segoshi told her.
(d) If she wants to meet another man.
2. Who visits Sachiko in Book II, Chapter 1?
(b) Mrs Itani.
3. How many people live in the main house?
4. Who has final say in the decision to marry Yukiko to Segoshi?
(d) The main house.
5. What is Nomura's odd habit?
(a) Going on long boat ride alone.
(b) Talking to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taeko plan on giving up according to Book II, Chapters 1-5?
2. What does Sachiko receive in the mail from a former classmate?
3. Why does Yukiko refuse to marry Nomura?
4. How old is Yukiko?
5. Who invites Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke for dinner in Book I, Chapters 17-22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aunt Tominaga insist in Chapter 22?
2. Why do the Makoika sisters stand out according to Chapter 19?
3. Whose intentions does Sachiko wonder about in Chapter 6?
4. What does Okubata claim in Chapter 18?
5. What underling theme is further developed in Chapter 12 through the Stoltz family?
6. What does the dance recital show about Taeko in Chapter 3?
7. Why does the meeting with Nomura not go well in Chapter 28?
8. Under what pretext would the family allow Yukiko to return?
9. Where does Sachiko arrive in Chapter 15?
10. Who is Mrs. Itani according to Chapter 2?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)