|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends a letter to Sachiko at the inn?
2. Who has final say in the decision to marry Yukiko to Segoshi?
(a) The main house.
3. What strikes Tokyo on September 1?
(a) A earthquake.
(b) A flood.
(c) A tsunami.
(d) A typhoon.
4. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think considering the strange circumstances at the dinner party?
(a) That their friendship is over.
(b) That they came the wrong day.
(c) That they did not follow proper protocol.
(d) That they are not welcome.
5. What blocks Teinosuke on his way to getting Taeko?
(a) Afishing boat.
(b) A train.
(c) A but.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in?
2. What photograph does Sachiko look at in Taeko's room?
3. Where are the Stoltzes from?
4. Where are Mrs Stoltz's children?
5. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is O-Haru and what traits did she possess based on Chapters 4 and 5?
2. Why does the meeting with Nomura not go well in Chapter 28?
3. Who is Mrs. Itani according to Chapter 2?
4. Where does Sachiko arrive in Chapter 15?
5. What causes tension in Chapter 6?
6. What is Sachiko looking forward to in Chapter 14 and why?
7. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in according to Chapter 27?
8. Why is O-Haru the topic of converasation between Sachiko and Tsuruko in Chapter 17?
9. What does Yukiko struggle with in Chapters 23 and 24?
10. What measures does Teinosuke go to to assure Segoshi of Yukiko's health during the mutual investigations in Chapters 12-14?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)