|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is supporting the conversation during the dinner with Segoshi?
2. Why are Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko stopped and asked to be photographed?
(a) They are four beautigful women traveling alone.
(b) They wear western clothes.
(c) They wear traditional Japanese dresses.
(d) They are the only women on the train.
3. What worries Sachiko even more after Mr. Stoltz returns?
(a) Mr. Stoltz tells her about seeing Teinosuke almost drowning.
(b) The phones are down.
(c) Mr. Stoltz tells her about seeing flotting body.
(d) The description of the flood.
4. What does Sachiko notice as Taeko comes back?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is not wet.
(c) She wears different clothes.
(d) she has no shoes.
5. What is Etsuko becoming obsessed with?
(d) Going to Tokyo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has final say in the decision to marry Yukiko to Segoshi?
2. Who is O-haru?
3. Why does the main house stay in the small house in Tokyo?
4. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think considering the strange circumstances at the dinner party?
5. What does Yukiko say she will follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sachiko learn about Taeko in Chapter 9?
2. Who do they meet in Tokyo in Chapter 30?
3. What underling theme is further developed in Chapter 12 through the Stoltz family?
4. What causes tension in Chapter 6?
5. What is on the horizon based on letters received from friends of Sachiko in Chapter 36?
6. Why is Sachiko alarmed in regard to Taeko in Chapter 31?
7. What is Sachiko looking forward to in Chapter 14 and why?
8. What is a "miai" dinner as described in Chapters 10 and 11?
9. What does Chapter 11 describe about Itakura?
10. Where does Sachiko arrive in Chapter 15?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)