|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Teinosuke going to go get Etsuko from school?
(a) Because of a doctor appointment.
(b) Because of a tsunami.
(c) Because of a earthquake.
(d) Because of the floods.
2. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think considering the strange circumstances at the dinner party?
(a) That they came the wrong day.
(b) That their friendship is over.
(c) That they did not follow proper protocol.
(d) That they are not welcome.
3. What does Sachiko do after the storm?
(a) He cries.
(b) Helps with the moving of the main house.
(c) Returns to Osaka.
(d) Go to an inn.
4. Who is Segoshi according to Book I, Chapters 10-16?
(a) Yukiko's potential husband.
(b) Sachiko's suitor.
(c) Sachiko's brother.
(d) Etiko's husband.
5. Who visits Sachiko in Book II, Chapter 1?
(a) Mrs Itani.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is absent when Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke arrive for dinner?
2. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
3. What does Sachiko ask Yukiko in the car on their way home?
4. What does Taeko's plan have Sachiko think?
5. Why does Tainosuke bring Yukiko to see a doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a "miai" dinner as described in Chapters 10 and 11?
2. What causes tension in Chapter 6?
3. What does Aunt Tominaga insist in Chapter 22?
4. What measures does Teinosuke go to to assure Segoshi of Yukiko's health during the mutual investigations in Chapters 12-14?
5. Who is O-Haru and what traits did she possess based on Chapters 4 and 5?
6. What happens to the family roots in Chapter 21?
7. What does Sachiko resolve in Chapter 7?
8. What event is described in Chapters 4 and 5?
9. Whose intentions does Sachiko wonder about in Chapter 6?
10. Who is Mrs. Itani according to Chapter 2?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)