|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Taeko go with after the cancellation of her class?
(a) One of her schoolmates.
(b) Her teacher.
2. What photograph does Sachiko look at in Taeko's room?
(a) Okubata's picture of Taeko.
(b) Itakura's picture of Taeko.
(c) A picture of TAeko as a baby.
(d) The picture of her parents.
3. Who deals with Mrs. Itani on the Segoshi matter?
4. Why does Sachiko not want to urge Yukiko about a new suitor?
(a) She wants to make sure the man is honest before telling Yukiko about him.
(b) The breakdown of negotiations is still recent.
(c) She wants Yukiko to be sure she wants to marry.
(d) She wants to find someone for Taeko first.
5. Where do Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko go to see the cherry blossoms?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Mrs Stoltz's children?
2. What does Teinosuke suggest Sachiko to do in Tokyo?
3. Who does Sachiko take to Tokyo beside Yukiko and Etsuko according to Book II, Chapters 14-20?
4. How does Taeko plan on financing her endeavor?
5. What does Sachiko do after the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part of Etsuko's composition does Yukiko cross out in Chapter 8?
2. What underling theme is further developed in Chapter 12 through the Stoltz family?
3. Why is O-Haru the topic of converasation between Sachiko and Tsuruko in Chapter 17?
4. How does Book II, Chapter 1 open?
5. What does Yukiko struggle with in Chapters 23 and 24?
6. Whose intentions does Sachiko wonder about in Chapter 6?
7. What event is described in Chapters 4 and 5?
8. What is a "miai" dinner as described in Chapters 10 and 11?
9. What causes tension in Chapter 6?
10. What does Chapter 11 describe about Itakura?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)