|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to propose his help to Sachiko In Book II, Chapter 6?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) Taeko's teacher.
2. What does Yukiko say she will follow?
(a) The will of her husband.
(b) Her own heart.
(c) The decision of the family.
(d) The advice of Sachiko.
3. What does Teinosuke notice on Sachiko?
(a) A bandage on her leg.
(b) Yellow eyes.
(c) A rash.
(d) A bruse.
4. What worries Sachiko even more after Mr. Stoltz returns?
(a) Mr. Stoltz tells her about seeing flotting body.
(b) Mr. Stoltz tells her about seeing Teinosuke almost drowning.
(c) The description of the flood.
(d) The phones are down.
5. Who took over the Makioka family business at the death of the patriarch?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Sachiko plan on returning to Osaka?
2. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
3. Why does the main house stay in the small house in Tokyo?
4. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think considering the strange circumstances at the dinner party?
5. Who is absent when Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke arrive for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who overshadows Yukiko?
2. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in according to Chapter 27?
3. What does Okubata claim in Chapter 18?
4. What opinion does Yukiko have on the marriage issue in Chapter 17?
5. Why does the meeting with Nomura not go well in Chapter 28?
6. What event is described in Chapters 4 and 5?
7. What happens to the family roots in Chapter 21?
8. Who is Mrs. Itani according to Chapter 2?
9. Why do the Makoika sisters stand out according to Chapter 19?
10. What does Sachiko resolve in Chapter 7?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)