|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teinosuke notice on Sachiko?
(a) A bruse.
(b) A rash.
(c) Yellow eyes.
(d) A bandage on her leg.
2. How does Sachiko's party go to Tokyo?
(a) By plane.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By bus.
3. What strikes Tokyo on September 1?
(a) A tsunami.
(b) A earthquake.
(c) A flood.
(d) A typhoon.
4. Why does Tatsuo reject Segoshi as a candidate for Yukiko?
(a) He was married beofre.
(b) He is too old for Yukiko.
(c) He is not rich enough.
(d) His mother may have been mentaly ill.
5. How many sisters form the Makioka family according to Book I, Chapters 1-9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yukiko ask Sachiko for concerning the new suitor?
2. What does Taeko's plan have Sachiko think?
3. What does Taeko plan on doing according to Book II, Chapter 1?
4. Why is Teinosuke going to go get Etsuko from school?
5. Who tells Mrs. Itani about the canceled marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the family roots in Chapter 21?
2. Who is O-Haru and what traits did she possess based on Chapters 4 and 5?
3. Where does Sachiko arrive in Chapter 15?
4. What is a "miai" dinner as described in Chapters 10 and 11?
5. Why does the meeting with Nomura not go well in Chapter 28?
6. Under what pretext would the family allow Yukiko to return?
7. What breaks the deal for the marriage between Segoshi and Yukiko?
8. What does Okubata claim in Chapter 18?
9. Why do the Makoika sisters stand out according to Chapter 19?
10. What opinion does Yukiko have on the marriage issue in Chapter 17?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)