|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sachiko receive in the mail from a former classmate?
(a) A letter asking for help.
(b) A picture of the two of them.
(c) A ring.
(d) A picture of a man named Nomura.
2. Why do Tatsuo and Tsuruko have to move into a smaller house?
(a) The house was more solidly built.
(b) The price was lower.
(c) Their lease was canceled on a bigger house.
(d) The house was in a better neiborhood.
3. Who does Sachiko take to Tokyo beside Yukiko and Etsuko according to Book II, Chapters 14-20?
4. What classes does Taeko take?
(a) Proper etiquette.
5. Who did the newspaper report as trying to elope?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the main house of the Makioka family?
2. Who saves Taeko?
3. How many people live in the main house?
4. Why does Yukiko refuse to marry Nomura?
5. How old is Yukiko?
Short Essay Questions
1. What measures does Teinosuke go to to assure Segoshi of Yukiko's health during the mutual investigations in Chapters 12-14?
2. What event is described in Chapters 4 and 5?
3. What breaks the deal for the marriage between Segoshi and Yukiko?
4. How does Book II, Chapter 1 open?
5. What underling theme is further developed in Chapter 12 through the Stoltz family?
6. Where does Sachiko arrive in Chapter 15?
7. What opinion does Yukiko have on the marriage issue in Chapter 17?
8. What problem revolves around Yukiko according to Book I, Chapter 1?
9. Why do the Makoika sisters stand out according to Chapter 19?
10. What does Okubata claim in Chapter 18?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)