|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Taeko?
2. Where is the main house of the Makioka family?
3. Where are the Stoltzes from?
(c) lichtenstein .
4. Why does the main house stay in the small house in Tokyo?
(a) Thei neighboor is an influencial man.
(b) It is in a nice neighborhood.
(c) It is inexpensive.
(d) It is solidly built.
5. How old is Taeko?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supporting the conversation during the dinner with Segoshi?
2. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
3. Where do Yukiko and Taeko go for the new year celebrations?
4. Why is Teinosuke going to go get Etsuko from school?
5. Who is the oldest sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is O-Haru and what traits did she possess based on Chapters 4 and 5?
2. What is a "miai" dinner as described in Chapters 10 and 11?
3. What measures does Teinosuke go to to assure Segoshi of Yukiko's health during the mutual investigations in Chapters 12-14?
4. What opinion does Yukiko have on the marriage issue in Chapter 17?
5. What event is described in Chapters 4 and 5?
6. Why is O-Haru the topic of converasation between Sachiko and Tsuruko in Chapter 17?
7. Why do the Makoika sisters stand out according to Chapter 19?
8. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in according to Chapter 27?
9. What problem revolves around Yukiko according to Book I, Chapter 1?
10. What part of Etsuko's composition does Yukiko cross out in Chapter 8?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)