|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the main house of the Makioka family?
2. Why is Teinosuke going to go get Etsuko from school?
(a) Because of a doctor appointment.
(b) Because of the floods.
(c) Because of a tsunami.
(d) Because of a earthquake.
3. What does Teinosuke notice on Sachiko?
(a) A rash.
(b) A bandage on her leg.
(c) Yellow eyes.
(d) A bruse.
4. What does Yukiko say she will follow?
(a) The will of her husband.
(b) The advice of Sachiko.
(c) Her own heart.
(d) The decision of the family.
5. Why does Yukiko refuse to marry Nomura?
(a) Because of the shrine to his wife and children he is keeping.
(b) He is too hold for her.
(c) He is not rich enough.
(d) He does not want to allow her to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko go to see the cherry blossoms?
2. What does Sachiko notice as Taeko comes back?
3. What declines during the 1930s?
4. Why is Tatsuo slow to give an answer on the marriage?
5. What does Sachiko receive in the mail from a former classmate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part of Etsuko's composition does Yukiko cross out in Chapter 8?
2. What measures does Teinosuke go to to assure Segoshi of Yukiko's health during the mutual investigations in Chapters 12-14?
3. Why is O-Haru the topic of converasation between Sachiko and Tsuruko in Chapter 17?
4. Who is O-Haru and what traits did she possess based on Chapters 4 and 5?
5. Who overshadows Yukiko?
6. What opinion does Yukiko have on the marriage issue in Chapter 17?
7. What does Aunt Tominaga insist in Chapter 22?
8. Why do the Makoika sisters stand out according to Chapter 19?
9. What does Sachiko resolve in Chapter 7?
10. What does Yukiko struggle with in Chapters 23 and 24?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)