|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What blocks Teinosuke on his way to getting Taeko?
(a) Afishing boat.
(b) A but.
(c) A train.
(d) A car.
2. Who comes to inquire about Taeko?
(a) Mrs. Itani.
3. What does Sachiko plan to take Etsuko to?
(a) A theater.
(b) A specialist for her sleeping and behavior trouble.
(c) A new school.
(d) A matchmaker.
4. How old is Yukiko?
5. What does the man who took over the family business do in order to insure the continuity of the business?
(a) Sells shares to family members.
(b) Takes the name Makioka.
(c) Buys the business.
(d) Marries Itsuko.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sachiko, Teinosuke, Etsuko and O-Haru write to Yukiko?
2. Who walks Etuko to school every morning?
3. What happens to Teinosuke on his way to Taeko's school?
4. Where do Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko go to see the cherry blossoms?
5. What strikes Tokyo on September 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there tension between the main house and the rest of the family in Chapter 8?
2. What happens with many of the family's friends in Chapter 29?
3. What does Sachiko take as a bad omen?
4. What does Yukiko struggle with in Chapters 23 and 24?
5. What opinion does Yukiko have on the marriage issue in Chapter 17?
6. What happens to the family roots in Chapter 21?
7. What does Sachiko resolve in Chapter 7?
8. What event is described in Chapters 4 and 5?
9. Under what pretext would the family allow Yukiko to return?
10. Where does Sachiko arrive in Chapter 15?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)