|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has final say in the decision to marry Yukiko to Segoshi?
(a) The main house.
2. What does Taeko tell Sachiko when confronted with the letter?
(a) That she plan on marrying Itekura.
(b) That she plans to go to Paris.
(c) That she plan on goig to Germany.
(d) That she plan on marrying Okubata,
3. What does Sachiko ask Yukiko in the car on their way home?
(a) If she wants to meet another man.
(b) What Segoshi told her.
(c) If she wants to take her time before marrying Segoshi.
(d) What she thinks of Segoshi.
4. How many people live in the main house?
5. How does Sachiko's party go to Tokyo?
(a) By car.
(b) By train.
(c) By plane.
(d) By bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stoltz tell Yukiko?
2. Where do Yukiko and Taeko go for the new year celebrations?
3. Who takes the initiative to ask for a neighbor's help as the house shows sign of weakness?
4. When does Sachiko plan on returning to Osaka?
5. Who sends a letter to Sachiko at the inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What opinion does Yukiko have on the marriage issue in Chapter 17?
2. What does Sachiko resolve in Chapter 7?
3. What does the dance recital show about Taeko in Chapter 3?
4. Where does Sachiko arrive in Chapter 15?
5. How does Book II, Chapter 1 open?
6. What does Okubata claim in Chapter 18?
7. Whose intentions does Sachiko wonder about in Chapter 6?
8. What does Aunt Tominaga insist in Chapter 22?
9. Why is O-Haru the topic of converasation between Sachiko and Tsuruko in Chapter 17?
10. What is a "miai" dinner as described in Chapters 10 and 11?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)