|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sachiko do after the storm?
(a) He cries.
(b) Helps with the moving of the main house.
(c) Returns to Osaka.
(d) Go to an inn.
2. Who comes to inquire about Taeko?
(b) Mrs. Itani.
3. Who has final say in the decision to marry Yukiko to Segoshi?
(b) The main house.
4. Who is O-haru?
(a) The family hairdresser.
(b) The family seamstress.
(c) The family card reader.
(d) The family maid.
5. Who visits Sachiko in Book II, Chapter 1?
(c) Mrs Itani.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is absent when Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke arrive for dinner?
2. How many sisters form the Makioka family according to Book I, Chapters 1-9?
3. How old is Taeko?
4. What is not a crucial objection about Nomura?
5. What do Sachiko, Teinosuke, Etsuko and O-Haru write to Yukiko?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what pretext would the family allow Yukiko to return?
2. What underling theme is further developed in Chapter 12 through the Stoltz family?
3. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in according to Chapter 27?
4. What event is described in Chapters 4 and 5?
5. What part of Etsuko's composition does Yukiko cross out in Chapter 8?
6. Why does the meeting with Nomura not go well in Chapter 28?
7. What opinion does Yukiko have on the marriage issue in Chapter 17?
8. Who overshadows Yukiko?
9. What does Sachiko resolve in Chapter 7?
10. Whose intentions does Sachiko wonder about in Chapter 6?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)