|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Teinosuke going to go get Etsuko from school?
(a) Because of a earthquake.
(b) Because of a doctor appointment.
(c) Because of a tsunami.
(d) Because of the floods.
2. What does Taeko plan on giving up according to Book II, Chapters 1-5?
(a) Her wedding plans.
(c) Doll making.
3. What does Yukiko say she will follow?
(a) The decision of the family.
(b) Her own heart.
(c) The advice of Sachiko.
(d) The will of her husband.
4. How does Taeko plan on financing her endeavor?
(a) By taking a loan.
(b) By getting the money put aside for her marriage.
(c) By getting hired by the French family as a maid.
(d) By saving from her doll business.
5. What is said of Tsuruko's house?
(a) It has better plumbing than older houses.
(b) It is better built than older houses.
(c) It is not as well made as older houses.
(d) It is nicer than older houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think during the dinner?
2. What does Sachiko receive in the mail from a former classmate?
3. Who deals with Mrs. Itani on the Segoshi matter?
4. What is Itakura's occupation?
5. Who is Segoshi according to Book I, Chapters 10-16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chapter 11 describe about Itakura?
2. Who is Mrs. Itani according to Chapter 2?
3. Why is O-Haru the topic of converasation between Sachiko and Tsuruko in Chapter 17?
4. Why do the Makoika sisters stand out according to Chapter 19?
5. What is Sachiko looking forward to in Chapter 14 and why?
6. What does Okubata claim in Chapter 18?
7. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in according to Chapter 27?
8. Who overshadows Yukiko?
9. What happens to the family roots in Chapter 21?
10. Under what pretext would the family allow Yukiko to return?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)