|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who deals with Mrs. Itani on the Segoshi matter?
2. What declines during the 1930s?
(a) The Makioka fortune.
(b) The Makioka's influence on the Emperor.
(c) The Japanese economy.
(d) The Japanese influence.
3. Why are Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko stopped and asked to be photographed?
(a) They wear traditional Japanese dresses.
(b) They wear western clothes.
(c) They are the only women on the train.
(d) They are four beautigful women traveling alone.
4. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
(a) She will let Taeko elope with Itakura.
(b) She will let Taeko go to Paris.
(c) She will let Yukiko marry Sasigoe.
(d) She will let Taeko move to Germany.
5. Who comes to inquire about Taeko?
(c) Mrs. Itani.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad habit does Okubata take according to Taeko?
2. How old is Taeko?
3. What is said of Tsuruko's house?
4. Why does Tainosuke bring Yukiko to see a doctor?
5. When did Katherina leave Russia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is O-Haru and what traits did she possess based on Chapters 4 and 5?
2. What underling theme is further developed in Chapter 12 through the Stoltz family?
3. What happens with Itakura in Chapter 33 and Chapter 34?
4. What revelation does Sachiko have in Chapter 23?
5. What do Sachiko and Yukiko ignore in Chapter 19?
6. What happens to the family roots in Chapter 21?
7. Who overshadows Yukiko?
8. What does Sachiko arrange in Chapter 20?
9. Why does Yukiko panic?
10. What event is described in Chapters 4 and 5?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)