|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has final say in the decision to marry Yukiko to Segoshi?
(a) The main house.
2. How many people live in the main house?
3. Where are Mrs Stoltz's children?
(b) With their father.
(c) At the park with the nany.
(d) At the theater.
4. Who takes the initiative to ask for a neighbor's help as the house shows sign of weakness?
5. What does Taeko plan on doing according to Book II, Chapter 1?
(a) Got ot Germany.
(b) Take on photography.
(c) Go to Paris.
(d) Elope with Okubata.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Sachiko in Book II, Chapter 1?
2. Where are the Stoltzes from?
3. Who does Sachiko receive a letter from in Book I, Chapters 23-29?
4. What does the man who took over the family business do in order to insure the continuity of the business?
5. Who took over the Makioka family business at the death of the patriarch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is O-Haru the topic of converasation between Sachiko and Tsuruko in Chapter 17?
2. Who overshadows Yukiko?
3. What measures does Teinosuke go to to assure Segoshi of Yukiko's health during the mutual investigations in Chapters 12-14?
4. Who is Mrs. Itani according to Chapter 2?
5. What happens to the family roots in Chapter 21?
6. What does Okubata claim in Chapter 18?
7. What does Sachiko resolve in Chapter 7?
8. What underling theme is further developed in Chapter 12 through the Stoltz family?
9. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in according to Chapter 27?
10. What problem revolves around Yukiko according to Book I, Chapter 1?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)