|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think during the dinner?
(a) That the hosts talk too much.
(b) That the house is too small.
(c) That the food is too cooked.
(d) That the portions of food are too large.
2. Who is absent when Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke arrive for dinner?
(a) Katherina's mother and brother.
(c) Mr Sagoshi.
3. What does Taeko tell Sachiko when confronted with the letter?
(a) That she plan on marrying Itekura.
(b) That she plans to go to Paris.
(c) That she plan on marrying Okubata,
(d) That she plan on goig to Germany.
4. What does Taeko's plan have Sachiko think?
(a) that Taeko wants to get away from the family.
(b) That Taeko wants to go away from Okubata.
(c) That Taeko want to test Okubata's willingness to marry her.
(d) That taeko wants Okubata to join her.
5. Why are Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko stopped and asked to be photographed?
(a) They wear western clothes.
(b) They are four beautigful women traveling alone.
(c) They are the only women on the train.
(d) They wear traditional Japanese dresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Sachiko plan on returning to Osaka?
2. What does the visitor inquiring about Taeko bring?
3. How does Sachiko's party go to Tokyo?
4. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
5. What is not a crucial objection about Nomura?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yukiko struggle with in Chapters 23 and 24?
2. What part of Etsuko's composition does Yukiko cross out in Chapter 8?
3. Where does Sachiko arrive in Chapter 15?
4. What is Sachiko looking forward to in Chapter 14 and why?
5. What does the dance recital show about Taeko in Chapter 3?
6. Who is Mrs. Itani according to Chapter 2?
7. What problem revolves around Yukiko according to Book I, Chapter 1?
8. What opinion does Yukiko have on the marriage issue in Chapter 17?
9. Who is O-Haru and what traits did she possess based on Chapters 4 and 5?
10. Why does the meeting with Nomura not go well in Chapter 28?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)