|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
(a) She will let Taeko go to Paris.
(b) She will let Taeko move to Germany.
(c) She will let Taeko elope with Itakura.
(d) She will let Yukiko marry Sasigoe.
2. What is Itakura's occupation?
3. How many people live in the main house?
4. Who walks Etuko to school every morning?
5. Why does Tainosuke bring Yukiko to see a doctor?
(a) Yukiko has a bad cough.
(b) Yukiko pretends to be sick.
(c) Segoshi heard that Yukiko might be in poor health.
(d) Segoshi wants a complete physical done of Yukiko.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mrs. Itani about the canceled marriage?
2. Who does Taeko go with after the cancellation of her class?
3. Who comes to inquire about Taeko?
4. What does Sachiko do after the storm?
5. How many sisters form the Makioka family according to Book I, Chapters 1-9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Itani according to Chapter 2?
2. What does the dance recital show about Taeko in Chapter 3?
3. Who is O-Haru and what traits did she possess based on Chapters 4 and 5?
4. How does Book II, Chapter 1 open?
5. What does Okubata claim in Chapter 18?
6. Where does Sachiko arrive in Chapter 15?
7. What is Sachiko looking forward to in Chapter 14 and why?
8. What does Chapter 11 describe about Itakura?
9. Why do the Makoika sisters stand out according to Chapter 19?
10. Whose intentions does Sachiko wonder about in Chapter 6?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)