|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yukiko say she will follow?
(a) The decision of the family.
(b) The will of her husband.
(c) The advice of Sachiko.
(d) Her own heart.
2. What is Etsuko becoming obsessed with?
(a) Going to Tokyo.
3. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think considering the strange circumstances at the dinner party?
(a) That they came the wrong day.
(b) That their friendship is over.
(c) That they did not follow proper protocol.
(d) That they are not welcome.
4. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
(a) Argues with her sister.
(b) Cleans in place of her sister.
(c) Brings male friends.
(d) Goes alone to her room and cries.
5. Who deals with Mrs. Itani on the Segoshi matter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Yukiko?
2. Who invites Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke for dinner in Book I, Chapters 17-22?
3. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think during the dinner?
4. What does Taeko plan on doing according to Book II, Chapter 1?
5. Who is supporting the conversation during the dinner with Segoshi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part of Etsuko's composition does Yukiko cross out in Chapter 8?
2. Why do the Makoika sisters stand out according to Chapter 19?
3. How does Book II, Chapter 1 open?
4. Who overshadows Yukiko?
5. What is Sachiko looking forward to in Chapter 14 and why?
6. Who is Mrs. Itani according to Chapter 2?
7. Whose intentions does Sachiko wonder about in Chapter 6?
8. What is a "miai" dinner as described in Chapters 10 and 11?
9. What does Sachiko resolve in Chapter 7?
10. What does Yukiko struggle with in Chapters 23 and 24?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)