|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to propose his help to Sachiko In Book II, Chapter 6?
(b) Taeko's teacher.
(d) The neighbor.
2. Who does Sachiko receive a letter from in Book I, Chapters 23-29?
(d) Mrs Itani.
3. What do Sachiko, Teinosuke, Etsuko and O-Haru write to Yukiko?
(a) A story meant to support her suffering.
(b) Each a long letter.
(c) A poem.
(d) A short funny letter..
4. What blocks Teinosuke on his way to getting Taeko?
(a) A car.
(b) Afishing boat.
(c) A but.
(d) A train.
5. What is Etsuko becoming obsessed with?
(c) Going to Tokyo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What classes does Taeko take?
2. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
3. When did Katherina leave Russia?
4. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in?
5. How old is Yukiko?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose intentions does Sachiko wonder about in Chapter 6?
2. What does Yukiko struggle with in Chapters 23 and 24?
3. What is a "miai" dinner as described in Chapters 10 and 11?
4. What part of Etsuko's composition does Yukiko cross out in Chapter 8?
5. Why is O-Haru the topic of converasation between Sachiko and Tsuruko in Chapter 17?
6. What does Okubata claim in Chapter 18?
7. Under what pretext would the family allow Yukiko to return?
8. What opinion does Yukiko have on the marriage issue in Chapter 17?
9. Who is Mrs. Itani according to Chapter 2?
10. What is Sachiko looking forward to in Chapter 14 and why?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)