|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Yukiko?
2. What does Sachiko receive in the mail from a former classmate?
(a) A letter asking for help.
(b) A ring.
(c) A picture of the two of them.
(d) A picture of a man named Nomura.
3. What does Sachiko notice as Taeko comes back?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She wears different clothes.
(c) She is not wet.
(d) she has no shoes.
4. What photograph does Sachiko look at in Taeko's room?
(a) A picture of TAeko as a baby.
(b) Okubata's picture of Taeko.
(c) Itakura's picture of Taeko.
(d) The picture of her parents.
5. Who is O-haru?
(a) The family maid.
(b) The family card reader.
(c) The family hairdresser.
(d) The family seamstress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Teinosuke going to go get Etsuko from school?
2. How does Taeko plan on financing her endeavor?
3. Where is the main house of the Makioka family?
4. What does Yukiko ask Sachiko for concerning the new suitor?
5. What is Nomura's odd habit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem revolves around Yukiko according to Book I, Chapter 1?
2. Where does Sachiko arrive in Chapter 15?
3. What does Aunt Tominaga insist in Chapter 22?
4. What part of Etsuko's composition does Yukiko cross out in Chapter 8?
5. What does Chapter 11 describe about Itakura?
6. What underling theme is further developed in Chapter 12 through the Stoltz family?
7. Who is O-Haru and what traits did she possess based on Chapters 4 and 5?
8. Why do the Makoika sisters stand out according to Chapter 19?
9. Why is O-Haru the topic of converasation between Sachiko and Tsuruko in Chapter 17?
10. What does Okubata claim in Chapter 18?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)