|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people live in the main house?
2. What does Yukiko ask Sachiko for concerning the new suitor?
(a) To conduct a close investigation.
(b) To tell her everything about him.
(c) To let her meet him alone.
(d) To not meet him before the investigation is complete.
3. Who took over the Makioka family business at the death of the patriarch?
4. What declines during the 1930s?
(a) The Makioka fortune.
(b) The Japanese economy.
(c) The Makioka's influence on the Emperor.
(d) The Japanese influence.
5. What does Taeko plan on giving up according to Book II, Chapters 1-5?
(b) Doll making.
(d) Her wedding plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
2. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
3. Who contacts Sachiko about Nomura?
4. What does Mrs. Stoltz tell Yukiko?
5. What is not a crucial objection about Nomura?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a "miai" dinner as described in Chapters 10 and 11?
2. What problem revolves around Yukiko according to Book I, Chapter 1?
3. Where does Sachiko arrive in Chapter 15?
4. What opinion does Yukiko have on the marriage issue in Chapter 17?
5. What does Chapter 11 describe about Itakura?
6. Why do the Makoika sisters stand out according to Chapter 19?
7. What breaks the deal for the marriage between Segoshi and Yukiko?
8. Why does the meeting with Nomura not go well in Chapter 28?
9. What part of Etsuko's composition does Yukiko cross out in Chapter 8?
10. What does Aunt Tominaga insist in Chapter 22?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)