|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Sachiko that Yukiko should live at the main house and not with her?
(a) An aunt.
(d) Her sister.
2. What worries Sachiko even more after Mr. Stoltz returns?
(a) Mr. Stoltz tells her about seeing flotting body.
(b) The description of the flood.
(c) Mr. Stoltz tells her about seeing Teinosuke almost drowning.
(d) The phones are down.
3. Who comes to inquire about Taeko?
(c) Mrs. Itani.
4. What does Taeko's plan have Sachiko think?
(a) That Taeko want to test Okubata's willingness to marry her.
(b) That Taeko wants to go away from Okubata.
(c) that Taeko wants to get away from the family.
(d) That taeko wants Okubata to join her.
5. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think during the dinner?
(a) That the house is too small.
(b) That the food is too cooked.
(c) That the portions of food are too large.
(d) That the hosts talk too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sachiko take to Tokyo beside Yukiko and Etsuko according to Book II, Chapters 14-20?
2. What is Itakura's occupation?
3. How does Taeko plan on financing her endeavor?
4. What does Teinosuke suggest Sachiko to do in Tokyo?
5. Why does Tainosuke bring Yukiko to see a doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Makoika sisters stand out according to Chapter 19?
2. Where does Sachiko arrive in Chapter 15?
3. What causes tension in Chapter 6?
4. What does the dance recital show about Taeko in Chapter 3?
5. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in according to Chapter 27?
6. Why does the meeting with Nomura not go well in Chapter 28?
7. What does Sachiko resolve in Chapter 7?
8. Who overshadows Yukiko?
9. What event is described in Chapters 4 and 5?
10. Who is O-Haru and what traits did she possess based on Chapters 4 and 5?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)