|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the initiative to ask for a neighbor's help as the house shows sign of weakness?
2. Who sends a letter to Sachiko at the inn?
3. What declines during the 1930s?
(a) The Makioka fortune.
(b) The Makioka's influence on the Emperor.
(c) The Japanese economy.
(d) The Japanese influence.
4. What blocks Teinosuke on his way to getting Taeko?
(a) A car.
(b) Afishing boat.
(c) A but.
(d) A train.
5. Who tells Mrs. Itani about the canceled marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tatsuo reject Segoshi as a candidate for Yukiko?
2. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think during the dinner?
3. What does Sachiko do after the storm?
4. Why is Teinosuke going to go get Etsuko from school?
5. Whose clothes does Taeko wear when coming back home according to Book II Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a "miai" dinner as described in Chapters 10 and 11?
2. Under what pretext would the family allow Yukiko to return?
3. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in according to Chapter 27?
4. What happens to the family roots in Chapter 21?
5. What does Sachiko resolve in Chapter 7?
6. What causes tension in Chapter 6?
7. Whose intentions does Sachiko wonder about in Chapter 6?
8. What event is described in Chapters 4 and 5?
9. Who overshadows Yukiko?
10. Where does Sachiko arrive in Chapter 15?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)