|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surgery does Itakura have?
(a) Ear surgery.
(b) Back surgery.
(c) Leg surgery.
(d) Arm surgery.
2. Who is at fault for Yukiko's not marrying according to Teinosuke?
(a) Her own.
(b) His own.
(c) The various suitors.
(d) The family.
3. When is Yukiko introduced to Saigusa?
(a) Days before.
(b) Years before.
(c) Weeks before.
(d) Months before.
4. When are Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko supposed to meet Saqazaki?
(a) The day of their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(b) Three days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(c) The day after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(d) Two days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
5. What does Tsuruko say about Taeko and Okubata in the letter sent to Sachiko?
(a) That they must marry.
(b) That they must put in writting what their intensions are toward each other.
(c) That they cannot marry.
(d) That they must move away from Osaka.
6. What does the local doctor tell Sachiko Taeko might have?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) Chiken pox.
7. Why is the family concerned about the two unwed sisters?
(a) They are proof the family failed to find them husbands.
(b) They cannot participate in the celebration as single women.
(c) Suitors could crash the celebrations.
(d) They are proof that something is wrong with them.
8. Where does Taeko return at night?
(a) Her friend Isimura.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) Her apartment.
9. Who moves to the Stoltz's house?
(a) A German man and his wife.
(b) A French man and his wife.
(c) A Swiss man and his wife.
(d) A Japanese man and his wife.
10. Why is there tension between Taeko and Yukiko?
(a) Taeko cannot be an independant woman.
(b) Yukiko does not want to marry.
(c) Yukiko does not think Taeko's dolls are special.
(d) Taeko cannot marry before Yukiko.
11. How do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko go to see Sawazaki?
(a) By train.
(b) By bus.
(c) By boat.
(d) By car.
12. What are Taeko's sisters trying to encourage her to do?
(a) Go with Okubata.
(b) Get her own car.
(c) Go to the main house in Tokyo.
(d) Stayy with them.
13. Who does Sachiko write a letter to reporting on Taeko?
14. Why is Sachiko offended by the letter from Sawazaki?
(a) Sawazaki asks about marrying Taeko.
(b) Sawazaki writes that Yukiko is bland.
(c) Sawazaki chooses to marry into a rival family.
(d) It is the Makioka family that is rejected.
15. What does Yukiko think of Taeko and Okubata?
(a) They should not marry.
(b) They should live together.
(c) They should marry.
(d) They should elope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Okubata considering going?
2. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
3. What is Katherina's final destination?
4. Where is Katherine leaving for?
5. What do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko do the night they arrive at Mrs Sugano's?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)