|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sachiko admire Mr. Sloltz?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her careful housekeeping.
(c) Her strong will.
(d) Her fashion sense.
2. Why do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko put on her fine clothes for the trip?
(a) They think the trip will be short.
(b) They do not know when the meeting will be.
(c) They want to make a good impression to the main house.
(d) They want to be noticed.
3. What do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko do the night they arrive at Mrs Sugano's?
(a) Go to a theater.
(b) Go firefly hunting.
(c) Go to dinner on the coast.
(d) Go to a recital.
4. Where does Taeko return at night?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) Her friend Isimura.
5. What happens that Sachiko see as a bad omen?
(a) The car breaks down.
(b) The boat runs ashore.
(c) The train breaks down.
(d) The bus breaks down.
6. How do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko go to see Sawazaki?
(a) By bus.
(b) By boat.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
7. What does the local doctor tell Sachiko Taeko might have?
(a) Chiken pox.
(d) Scarlet fever.
8. What does Okubata promise Sachiko?
(a) To stay away from Taeko.
(b) To stop trying to elope with Taeko.
(c) To come visit Taeko.
(d) To pay for the hospital bill.
9. What does Taeko do when confronted by Yukiko?
(a) She cries.
(b) She leaves in a rush.
(c) She argues that it is none of Yukiko's business.
(d) She listens to her without saying a word.
10. What does Sachiko learn about Okubata's behavior?
(a) He goes to bars with several women.
(b) He was seen drunk.
(c) He took things from the family store.
(d) He hosted Taeko.
11. What surgery does Itakura have?
(a) Back surgery.
(b) Arm surgery.
(c) Leg surgery.
(d) Ear surgery.
12. What does Okubata do during the recital?
(a) Attacks Taeko's teacher.
(b) Arrives drunk.
(c) Attacks Itakura.
(d) Arrives with another woman.
13. What field does Mimaki shown some promise in?
(a) Car repair.
14. Who is at fault for Yukiko's not marrying according to Teinosuke?
(a) His own.
(b) Her own.
(c) The family.
(d) The various suitors.
15. What does Sachiko ask Teinosuke to approach the main house about?
(a) Taeko's wish to take on dancing.
(b) Taeko's plan to go to Paris.
(c) Taeko's wish to marry Itakura..
(d) Taeko's future as a working woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Teinosuke during the recital in Book II, Chapters 28-35?
2. Who does Rosemary spend her last night in Japan with?
3. When does Book III, Chapters 19-24 open?
4. What does Sachiko think of the new neighbors?
5. Why is Taeko seeing Okubata according to her?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)