|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the sisters and Mimaki meet for the first time?
2. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
(a) Mr. Hashidera's daughter willingness to get a stepmother.
(b) Yukiko's interest in getting married.
(c) Mr. Hashidera's interest in getting married.
(d) Mr. Hashibera financial situation.
3. Why does Taeko return to Ashiya precipitately?
(a) Itakura's family wants to negotiate a wedding.
(b) Itakura has an accident.
(c) Itakura is ill.
(d) Itakura wants her as a good luck charm for his surgery.
4. Why does Sachiko admire Mr. Sloltz?
(a) Her careful housekeeping.
(b) Her strong will.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her fashion sense.
5. Who joins Mrs. Itani in the quest to find Yukiko a husband in Book III, Chapters 13-18?
(a) Mrs. Sakiko.
(b) Mrs. Itoki.
(c) Mrs. Niu.
(d) Mrs. Kitano.
6. What does Okubata promise Sachiko?
(a) To pay for the hospital bill.
(b) To come visit Taeko.
(c) To stop trying to elope with Taeko.
(d) To stay away from Taeko.
7. What does Yukiko think of Taeko and Okubata?
(a) They should live together.
(b) They should marry.
(c) They should not marry.
(d) They should elope.
8. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
(a) Taeko wants to become a dancer.
(b) Taeko wants to marry Okutaba.
(c) Taeko wants to marry Itakura.
(d) Taeko wants to elope.
9. What does Sachiko ask Teinosuke to approach the main house about?
(a) Taeko's future as a working woman.
(b) Taeko's plan to go to Paris.
(c) Taeko's wish to take on dancing.
(d) Taeko's wish to marry Itakura..
10. Why do Sachiko, Etsuko and Taeko part ways with Yukiko on their trip back to Osaka?
(a) Yukiko is going to visit their parent's grave.
(b) Yukiko is going to see another matchmaker.
(c) Yukiko is going to a hospital.
(d) Yukiko is going back to Tokyo.
11. What is Mimaki from?
(a) A noble family.
(b) A merchant's family.
(c) A military family.
(d) A sailor's family.
12. What is Mr. Hashidera's profession?
13. When are Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko supposed to meet Saqazaki?
(a) Three days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(b) The day after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(c) Two days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(d) The day of their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
14. Who does Sachiko write a letter to reporting on Taeko?
15. Why does Taeko ask for money from Tatsuo and Tsuruko?
(a) To move to Paris.
(b) To marry Okubata.
(c) To marry Itakura.
(d) To move to Tokyo.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Book III, Chapters 19-24 open?
2. What field does Mimaki shown some promise in?
3. Who moves to the Stoltz's house?
4. How many mistresses does Okubata have?
5. What does Sachiko think of Taeko seeing Okubata?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)