|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would have happened had Taeko been discovered at Okubata's?
(a) They would have been forced to marry.
(b) They would have been forced to stop seeing each other.
(c) Taejo would have been forced to move away.
(d) It would have been a smear on the family.
2. Who is Mrs. Sugano according to Book III, Chapters 1-6?
(a) Tatsuo's hairdresser.
(b) Tatsuo's aunt.
(c) Tatsuo's mother.
(d) Tatsuo's sister.
3. What does Okubata promise Sachiko?
(a) To come visit Taeko.
(b) To stop trying to elope with Taeko.
(c) To stay away from Taeko.
(d) To pay for the hospital bill.
4. What does Yukiko think of Taeko and Okubata?
(a) They should marry.
(b) They should not marry.
(c) They should live together.
(d) They should elope.
5. What does Sachiko ask Teinosuke to approach the main house about?
(a) Taeko's plan to go to Paris.
(b) Taeko's wish to take on dancing.
(c) Taeko's future as a working woman.
(d) Taeko's wish to marry Itakura..
6. Where does Taeko return at night?
(a) Her apartment.
(c) Her friend Isimura.
(d) The neighbor.
7. What does Okubata do during the recital?
(a) Arrives drunk.
(b) Attacks Taeko's teacher.
(c) Arrives with another woman.
(d) Attacks Itakura.
8. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
(a) Taeko wants to elope.
(b) Taeko wants to marry Itakura.
(c) Taeko wants to become a dancer.
(d) Taeko wants to marry Okutaba.
9. What doesn't Taeko come to the house while Teinosuke is home?
(a) For fear of punishment.
(b) For fear of being followed by the maid.
(c) For appearance's sake.
(d) For her own sanity.
10. How does Tainosuke explain to Hashidera why Yukiko never married?
(a) Face to face.
(b) Through Mrs Itani.
(c) During a long phone call.
(d) In a letter.
11. What are Taeko's sisters trying to encourage her to do?
(a) Go to the main house in Tokyo.
(b) Get her own car.
(c) Stayy with them.
(d) Go with Okubata.
12. Why is Taeko's teacher canceling her trip to Paris?
(a) Threat of war.
(b) She does not have enough money to go.
(c) She now wants to to to America.
(d) She found a better paying job.
13. What does Sachiko think of Taeko seeing Okubata?
(a) She hopes they will elope.
(b) She wishes Taeko would see how bad Okubata is.
(c) She hopes they will break up.
(d) She still hopes they will marry.
14. Where is Katherine leaving for?
15. Why do Sachiko, Etsuko and Taeko part ways with Yukiko on their trip back to Osaka?
(a) Yukiko is going to visit their parent's grave.
(b) Yukiko is going back to Tokyo.
(c) Yukiko is going to see another matchmaker.
(d) Yukiko is going to a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Mimaki been married?
2. Where is Okubata considering going?
3. What field does Mimaki shown some promise in?
4. How does Yukiko treat Okubata when he comes to visit Taeko?
5. Where is Teinosuke during the recital in Book II, Chapters 28-35?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)