|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the family concerned about the two unwed sisters?
(a) They cannot participate in the celebration as single women.
(b) They are proof the family failed to find them husbands.
(c) They are proof that something is wrong with them.
(d) Suitors could crash the celebrations.
2. Where is Okubata considering going?
3. When are Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko supposed to meet Saqazaki?
(a) The day after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(b) The day of their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(c) Three days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(d) Two days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
4. What are Taeko's sisters trying to encourage her to do?
(a) Go with Okubata.
(b) Go to the main house in Tokyo.
(c) Get her own car.
(d) Stayy with them.
5. Who risked his life to save Taeko during the flood?
6. Where do Taeko and Etsuko go while Sawazaki meets Yukiko?
(a) A recital.
(b) A local landmark.
(c) A theater.
(d) A local temple.
7. What does Yukiko think of Taeko and Okubata?
(a) They should marry.
(b) They should elope.
(c) They should not marry.
(d) They should live together.
8. What field does Mimaki shown some promise in?
(d) Car repair.
9. What is Katherina's final destination?
10. Why does Hashidera call Yukiko?
(a) To call off the negotiations.
(b) To talk to her about his daughter.
(c) To ask her about why she hasn't married yet.
(d) To ask her to go on a walk with him.
11. Why is Tatsuo opposed to Taeko learning sewing?
(a) He doesn't want her to be a working woman.
(b) It would be too costly.
(c) It would not be an asset in finding her a husband.
(d) The pay is low.
12. Who does Sachiko receive a gift from?
(b) Her neighbor.
(c) Mrs. Stoltz.
13. Where is Katherine leaving for?
14. Why do Sachiko and Teinosuke go on a trip together in Book III, Chapters 25-30?
(a) To try to find a house
(b) To try to find a husband for Yukiko.
(c) It is their second honeymoon.
(d) To try to find a doctor for Taeko.
15. What news does Taeko receive from Katherine?
(a) She made friend with a nobleman.
(b) She made her way to America.
(c) She married a wealthy man.
(d) She settled in Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Taeko ask for money from Tatsuo and Tsuruko?
2. How old is Mr. Hashidera's daughter?
3. When is Yukiko introduced to Saigusa?
4. What does Sachiko learn about Okubata's behavior?
5. How does Tainosuke explain to Hashidera why Yukiko never married?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)