|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sachiko learn from O-Haru?
(a) Okubata is seeing five different women.
(b) Okubata has been thrown out fo the family home.
(c) Okubata wants to join the army.
(d) Okubata is taking the place of head of his family.
2. Where do Taeko and Etsuko go while Sawazaki meets Yukiko?
(a) A theater.
(b) A local temple.
(c) A recital.
(d) A local landmark.
3. Why do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko put on her fine clothes for the trip?
(a) They do not know when the meeting will be.
(b) They want to be noticed.
(c) They think the trip will be short.
(d) They want to make a good impression to the main house.
4. What do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko do the night they arrive at Mrs Sugano's?
(a) Go to a theater.
(b) Go to a recital.
(c) Go firefly hunting.
(d) Go to dinner on the coast.
5. Who transmits the letter from Sawazaki to Sachiko?
(a) Mrs. Sugano.
(b) Mrs. Hashimata.
(c) Mrs. Tokina.
(d) Mrs. Itani.
6. What does Okubata do during the recital?
(a) Attacks Itakura.
(b) Attacks Taeko's teacher.
(c) Arrives with another woman.
(d) Arrives drunk.
7. What does Okubata promise Sachiko?
(a) To stop trying to elope with Taeko.
(b) To stay away from Taeko.
(c) To come visit Taeko.
(d) To pay for the hospital bill.
8. Who chaperones Yukiko when meeting Mr. Hashidera?
9. Why do Sachiko and Teinosuke go on a trip together in Book III, Chapters 25-30?
(a) To try to find a doctor for Taeko.
(b) To try to find a house
(c) It is their second honeymoon.
(d) To try to find a husband for Yukiko.
10. What doesn't Taeko come to the house while Teinosuke is home?
(a) For appearance's sake.
(b) For fear of being followed by the maid.
(c) For her own sanity.
(d) For fear of punishment.
11. Where is Okubata considering going?
12. Why is the family concerned about the two unwed sisters?
(a) They are proof the family failed to find them husbands.
(b) They cannot participate in the celebration as single women.
(c) They are proof that something is wrong with them.
(d) Suitors could crash the celebrations.
13. Who is Mrs. Stoltz strict with?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her servant.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her husband.
14. What does Sachiko think of the match between Yukiko and Sawazaki according to Book III, Chapters 7-12?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is not optimistic.
(c) She thinks Yukiko can do better.
(d) She is optimistic.
15. Who does O-haru speak to to get her information about Taeko?
(a) The sister of Okubata.
(b) The Okubata's maid.
(c) A landlord.
(d) The Okubata's neigbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sachiko sense about Sawzaki?
2. What surgery does Itakura have?
3. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
4. Who introduces Saigusa to Yukiko?
5. Where is Katherine leaving for?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)