|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there tension between Taeko and Yukiko?
(a) Yukiko does not think Taeko's dolls are special.
(b) Taeko cannot be an independant woman.
(c) Taeko cannot marry before Yukiko.
(d) Yukiko does not want to marry.
2. Who is Mrs. Stoltz packing with in Book II, Chapters 21-27?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her maids.
(d) Her younger children.
3. What does Yukiko think of Taeko and Okubata?
(a) They should elope.
(b) They should not marry.
(c) They should live together.
(d) They should marry.
4. What does Sachiko think of Mr. Hashidera?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She likes him.
(d) She is doubtful.
5. What do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko do the night they arrive at Mrs Sugano's?
(a) Go to a recital.
(b) Go to a theater.
(c) Go firefly hunting.
(d) Go to dinner on the coast.
6. Where does Teinosuke go to meet Mr. Hashidera a few days after he visited Ashiya?
(a) His office.
(b) A Theater.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A riverwalk.
7. Why do Sachiko and Teinosuke go on a trip together in Book III, Chapters 25-30?
(a) It is their second honeymoon.
(b) To try to find a doctor for Taeko.
(c) To try to find a house
(d) To try to find a husband for Yukiko.
8. What doesn't Taeko come to the house while Teinosuke is home?
(a) For her own sanity.
(b) For fear of punishment.
(c) For appearance's sake.
(d) For fear of being followed by the maid.
9. Who does Sachiko write a letter to reporting on Taeko?
10. Why is Taeko's teacher canceling her trip to Paris?
(a) Threat of war.
(b) She found a better paying job.
(c) She now wants to to to America.
(d) She does not have enough money to go.
11. Who joins Mrs. Itani in the quest to find Yukiko a husband in Book III, Chapters 13-18?
(a) Mrs. Kitano.
(b) Mrs. Niu.
(c) Mrs. Sakiko.
(d) Mrs. Itoki.
12. How old is Mr. Hashidera's daughter?
(a) 2 months old.
(b) School age.
(d) 1 year old.
13. What is Miyoshi's occupation?
14. Why is Taeko seeing Okubata according to her?
(a) To get presents.
(b) Out of love.
(c) Out of obligation.
(d) Out of pity.
15. How do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko go to see Sawazaki?
(a) By car.
(b) By bus.
(c) By boat.
(d) By train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Taeko at the end of Book III, Chapters 13-18?
2. Why do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko put on her fine clothes for the trip?
3. What does Sachiko learn from O-Haru?
4. How does Yukiko treat Okubata when he comes to visit Taeko?
5. What does Okubata do during the recital?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)