|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Hashidera's profession?
2. When are Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko supposed to meet Saqazaki?
(a) Two days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(b) The day after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(c) Three days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(d) The day of their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
3. Why do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko put on her fine clothes for the trip?
(a) They want to make a good impression to the main house.
(b) They do not know when the meeting will be.
(c) They think the trip will be short.
(d) They want to be noticed.
4. Why does Taeko ask for money from Tatsuo and Tsuruko?
(a) To marry Okubata.
(b) To move to Paris.
(c) To marry Itakura.
(d) To move to Tokyo.
5. Where is Katherine leaving for?
6. How many mistresses does Okubata have?
7. Who is Mrs. Stoltz packing with in Book II, Chapters 21-27?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her younger children.
(d) Her maids.
8. Who risked his life to save Taeko during the flood?
9. Where is Sawazaki from?
10. What is Miyoshi's occupation?
11. When is Yukiko introduced to Saigusa?
(a) Months before.
(b) Days before.
(c) Years before.
(d) Weeks before.
12. How does Yukiko treat Okubata when he comes to visit Taeko?
(a) With care.
(b) With a laugh.
13. Why does Hashidera call Yukiko?
(a) To talk to her about his daughter.
(b) To ask her to go on a walk with him.
(c) To call off the negotiations.
(d) To ask her about why she hasn't married yet.
14. Who is diagnosed with Scarlet Fever?
15. Why does Taeko return to Ashiya precipitately?
(a) Itakura wants her as a good luck charm for his surgery.
(b) Itakura's family wants to negotiate a wedding.
(c) Itakura has an accident.
(d) Itakura is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sachiko admire Mr. Sloltz?
2. What does Sachiko learn from O-Haru?
3. Why is the main house organizing a ceremony?
4. What doesn't Taeko come to the house while Teinosuke is home?
5. How old is Mr. Hashidera's daughter?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)