|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Stoltz strict with?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her servant.
2. Who joins Mrs. Itani in the quest to find Yukiko a husband in Book III, Chapters 13-18?
(a) Mrs. Niu.
(b) Mrs. Kitano.
(c) Mrs. Itoki.
(d) Mrs. Sakiko.
3. Why is the main house organizing a ceremony?
(a) The cherry blossoms.
(b) Sachiko's wedding anniversary.
(c) The new year.
(d) The anniversary of the death of the sisters' parents.
4. Where does Teinosuke go to meet Mr. Hashidera a few days after he visited Ashiya?
(a) His office.
(b) A riverwalk.
(c) A Theater.
(d) A restaurant.
5. What does Sachiko sense about Sawzaki?
(a) He want to marry Yukiko.
(b) He is prideful.
(c) He wants to court Taeko.
(d) He is not interested in Yukiko.
6. Where is Taeko resting while sick?
(a) At the main house.
(b) At Okubata's.
(c) At Sachiko.
(d) At Itekuba.
7. Why do Sachiko and Teinosuke go on a trip together in Book III, Chapters 25-30?
(a) To try to find a house
(b) To try to find a husband for Yukiko.
(c) It is their second honeymoon.
(d) To try to find a doctor for Taeko.
8. What does Sachiko learn about Okubata's behavior?
(a) He took things from the family store.
(b) He was seen drunk.
(c) He goes to bars with several women.
(d) He hosted Taeko.
9. Why is Okubata upset at Sachiko?
(a) Sachiko convinced Taeko to postpone the wedding.
(b) Sachiko told Okubata's family about him hosting Taeko.
(c) Sachiko want Okubata and Taeko to marry immediatly.
(d) Sachiko has Taeko moved to a private hospital.
10. Why does Taeko return to Ashiya precipitately?
(a) Itakura wants her as a good luck charm for his surgery.
(b) Itakura has an accident.
(c) Itakura's family wants to negotiate a wedding.
(d) Itakura is ill.
11. How do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko go to see Sawazaki?
(a) By boat.
(b) By train.
(c) By bus.
(d) By car.
12. What does Sachiko think of Mr. Hashidera?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She likes him.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is doubtful.
13. Why do Sachiko, Etsuko and Taeko part ways with Yukiko on their trip back to Osaka?
(a) Yukiko is going back to Tokyo.
(b) Yukiko is going to see another matchmaker.
(c) Yukiko is going to visit their parent's grave.
(d) Yukiko is going to a hospital.
14. What does Sachiko think of the match between Yukiko and Sawazaki according to Book III, Chapters 7-12?
(a) She is optimistic.
(b) She thinks Yukiko can do better.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is not optimistic.
15. What does Sachiko tell Yukiko about?
(b) The pictures Itakura took.
(c) The scene at the recital.
(d) Taeko's affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sawazaki from?
2. Why is Sachiko angry at Yukiko?
3. When is Yukiko introduced to Saigusa?
4. Who does Sachiko receive a gift from?
5. Why is the family concerned about the two unwed sisters?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)