|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miyoshi's occupation?
2. Who introduces Saigusa to Yukiko?
(d) Mrs Itani.
3. Why is there tension between Taeko and Yukiko?
(a) Taeko cannot be an independant woman.
(b) Yukiko does not think Taeko's dolls are special.
(c) Taeko cannot marry before Yukiko.
(d) Yukiko does not want to marry.
4. Who moves to the Stoltz's house?
(a) A German man and his wife.
(b) A Japanese man and his wife.
(c) A French man and his wife.
(d) A Swiss man and his wife.
5. Where do the sisters and Mimaki meet for the first time?
6. Why do Sachiko, Etsuko and Taeko part ways with Yukiko on their trip back to Osaka?
(a) Yukiko is going to a hospital.
(b) Yukiko is going to visit their parent's grave.
(c) Yukiko is going back to Tokyo.
(d) Yukiko is going to see another matchmaker.
7. Where is Taeko at the end of Book III, Chapters 13-18?
(a) At Okubata's.
(b) At the main house.
(c) With Sachiko.
(d) At Taeko's teacher.
8. What is Mr. Hashidera's profession?
9. When is Yukiko introduced to Saigusa?
(a) Days before.
(b) Years before.
(c) Weeks before.
(d) Months before.
10. What does Taeko do when confronted by Yukiko?
(a) She listens to her without saying a word.
(b) She argues that it is none of Yukiko's business.
(c) She leaves in a rush.
(d) She cries.
11. What surgery does Itakura have?
(a) Leg surgery.
(b) Arm surgery.
(c) Ear surgery.
(d) Back surgery.
12. Why is the family concerned about the two unwed sisters?
(a) They cannot participate in the celebration as single women.
(b) Suitors could crash the celebrations.
(c) They are proof the family failed to find them husbands.
(d) They are proof that something is wrong with them.
13. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
(a) Taeko wants to marry Okutaba.
(b) Taeko wants to become a dancer.
(c) Taeko wants to marry Itakura.
(d) Taeko wants to elope.
14. Where is Sawazaki from?
15. What is Mimaki from?
(a) A noble family.
(b) A merchant's family.
(c) A sailor's family.
(d) A military family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sachiko and Teinosuke go on a trip together in Book III, Chapters 25-30?
2. When does Book III, Chapters 19-24 open?
3. How many times has Mimaki been married?
4. Where does Teinosuke go to meet Mr. Hashidera a few days after he visited Ashiya?
5. Why does Hashidera call Yukiko?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)