|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Teinosuke during the recital in Book II, Chapters 28-35?
(a) Sit in the front row.
(b) Stand in the back stage.
(c) Standing in the back.
(d) Stand in the front.
2. What is Mimaki from?
(a) A noble family.
(b) A military family.
(c) A merchant's family.
(d) A sailor's family.
3. Why is Okubata upset at Sachiko?
(a) Sachiko want Okubata and Taeko to marry immediatly.
(b) Sachiko has Taeko moved to a private hospital.
(c) Sachiko convinced Taeko to postpone the wedding.
(d) Sachiko told Okubata's family about him hosting Taeko.
4. What does Yukiko think of Taeko and Okubata?
(a) They should live together.
(b) They should marry.
(c) They should not marry.
(d) They should elope.
5. When are Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko supposed to meet Saqazaki?
(a) The day after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(b) The day of their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(c) Two days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(d) Three days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
6. Who joins Mrs. Itani in the quest to find Yukiko a husband in Book III, Chapters 13-18?
(a) Mrs. Niu.
(b) Mrs. Itoki.
(c) Mrs. Sakiko.
(d) Mrs. Kitano.
7. What disease is Taeko suspected of having in Book III, Chapters 19-24?
(c) Chiken pox.
(d) Scarlet fever.
8. How do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko go to see Sawazaki?
(a) By boat.
(b) By bus.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
9. Why is the main house organizing a ceremony?
(a) The cherry blossoms.
(b) Sachiko's wedding anniversary.
(c) The anniversary of the death of the sisters' parents.
(d) The new year.
10. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
(a) Taeko wants to elope.
(b) Taeko wants to become a dancer.
(c) Taeko wants to marry Itakura.
(d) Taeko wants to marry Okutaba.
11. What is Mr. Hashidera's profession?
12. What does the local doctor tell Sachiko Taeko might have?
(a) Chiken pox.
(d) Scarlet fever.
13. Why is Taeko seeing Okubata according to her?
(a) Out of obligation.
(b) To get presents.
(c) Out of pity.
(d) Out of love.
14. What is Katherina's final destination?
15. Who risked his life to save Taeko during the flood?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mistresses does Okubata have?
2. Where does Teinosuke go to meet Mr. Hashidera a few days after he visited Ashiya?
3. Who is Mrs. Stoltz strict with?
4. When is Yukiko introduced to Saigusa?
5. Who is at fault for Yukiko's not marrying according to Teinosuke?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)