|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes more frequent after the war with China escalates?
(a) Metal recycling drives.
2. Where is Katherine leaving for?
3. What doesn't Taeko come to the house while Teinosuke is home?
(a) For appearance's sake.
(b) For her own sanity.
(c) For fear of being followed by the maid.
(d) For fear of punishment.
4. Where is Teinosuke during the recital in Book II, Chapters 28-35?
(a) Stand in the front.
(b) Standing in the back.
(c) Stand in the back stage.
(d) Sit in the front row.
5. Who is Mrs. Stoltz packing with in Book II, Chapters 21-27?
(a) Her younger children.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her maids.
6. Why does Hashidera call Yukiko?
(a) To call off the negotiations.
(b) To talk to her about his daughter.
(c) To ask her about why she hasn't married yet.
(d) To ask her to go on a walk with him.
7. What does Taeko do when confronted by Yukiko?
(a) She argues that it is none of Yukiko's business.
(b) She cries.
(c) She listens to her without saying a word.
(d) She leaves in a rush.
8. What does Tsuruko say about Taeko and Okubata in the letter sent to Sachiko?
(a) That they must move away from Osaka.
(b) That they must put in writting what their intensions are toward each other.
(c) That they must marry.
(d) That they cannot marry.
9. What disease is Taeko suspected of having in Book III, Chapters 19-24?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) Chiken pox.
10. Who risked his life to save Taeko during the flood?
11. What does the local doctor tell Sachiko Taeko might have?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) Chiken pox.
12. Why is Sachiko angry at Yukiko?
(a) She said to Hashidera that she wanted to marry him.
(b) She invited Hashidera to the house.
(c) She went and met Hashidera without a chaperone.
(d) She refused to go walk with Hashidera.
13. What does Sachiko tell Yukiko about?
(a) The scene at the recital.
(b) Taeko's affairs.
(d) The pictures Itakura took.
14. Where is Sawazaki from?
15. Why is there tension between Taeko and Yukiko?
(a) Taeko cannot be an independant woman.
(b) Yukiko does not want to marry.
(c) Taeko cannot marry before Yukiko.
(d) Yukiko does not think Taeko's dolls are special.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Katherina's final destination?
2. Why is the main house organizing a ceremony?
3. Who chaperones Yukiko when meeting Mr. Hashidera?
4. What does Okubata do during the recital?
5. What surgery does Itakura have?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)