|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease is Taeko suspected of having in Book III, Chapters 19-24?
(a) Chiken pox.
(d) Scarlet fever.
2. What does Sachiko think of Mr. Hashidera?
(a) She is doubtful.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She likes him.
3. What becomes more frequent after the war with China escalates?
(d) Metal recycling drives.
4. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
(a) Mr. Hashibera financial situation.
(b) Yukiko's interest in getting married.
(c) Mr. Hashidera's interest in getting married.
(d) Mr. Hashidera's daughter willingness to get a stepmother.
5. What does Sachiko tell Yukiko about?
(a) The scene at the recital.
(c) The pictures Itakura took.
(d) Taeko's affairs.
6. Who moves to the Stoltz's house?
(a) A Japanese man and his wife.
(b) A French man and his wife.
(c) A Swiss man and his wife.
(d) A German man and his wife.
7. How many times has Mimaki been married?
(c) Three time.
(d) Four time.
8. What does Sachiko think of the new neighbors?
(a) They seems nice.
(b) She tries to ignore them.
(c) She likes them.
(d) She does not trust them.
9. Why is the main house organizing a ceremony?
(a) The new year.
(b) The cherry blossoms.
(c) The anniversary of the death of the sisters' parents.
(d) Sachiko's wedding anniversary.
10. What does Sachiko think of the match between Yukiko and Sawazaki according to Book III, Chapters 7-12?
(a) She is not optimistic.
(b) She thinks Yukiko can do better.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is optimistic.
11. What does Okubata do during the recital?
(a) Attacks Taeko's teacher.
(b) Arrives drunk.
(c) Attacks Itakura.
(d) Arrives with another woman.
12. When are Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko supposed to meet Saqazaki?
(a) The day after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(b) The day of their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(c) Three days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(d) Two days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
13. How does Tainosuke explain to Hashidera why Yukiko never married?
(a) During a long phone call.
(b) Face to face.
(c) In a letter.
(d) Through Mrs Itani.
14. Who is Mrs. Stoltz packing with in Book II, Chapters 21-27?
(a) Her maids.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her younger children.
15. What doesn't Taeko come to the house while Teinosuke is home?
(a) For fear of punishment.
(b) For appearance's sake.
(c) For fear of being followed by the maid.
(d) For her own sanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Yukiko introduced to Saigusa?
2. Why is Tatsuo opposed to Taeko learning sewing?
3. What happens that Sachiko see as a bad omen?
4. What does Okubata promise Sachiko?
5. Where do the sisters and Mimaki meet for the first time?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)