|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sachiko, Etsuko and Taeko part ways with Yukiko on their trip back to Osaka?
(a) Yukiko is going back to Tokyo.
(b) Yukiko is going to visit their parent's grave.
(c) Yukiko is going to see another matchmaker.
(d) Yukiko is going to a hospital.
2. Why does Hashidera call Yukiko?
(a) To ask her about why she hasn't married yet.
(b) To call off the negotiations.
(c) To ask her to go on a walk with him.
(d) To talk to her about his daughter.
3. Why is the family concerned about the two unwed sisters?
(a) They are proof that something is wrong with them.
(b) Suitors could crash the celebrations.
(c) They are proof the family failed to find them husbands.
(d) They cannot participate in the celebration as single women.
4. Where is Katherine leaving for?
5. What does Sachiko learn about Okubata's behavior?
(a) He was seen drunk.
(b) He hosted Taeko.
(c) He took things from the family store.
(d) He goes to bars with several women.
6. What does Sachiko think of Taeko seeing Okubata?
(a) She hopes they will elope.
(b) She still hopes they will marry.
(c) She wishes Taeko would see how bad Okubata is.
(d) She hopes they will break up.
7. When is Yukiko introduced to Saigusa?
(a) Months before.
(b) Years before.
(c) Weeks before.
(d) Days before.
8. Why do Sachiko and Teinosuke go on a trip together in Book III, Chapters 25-30?
(a) To try to find a husband for Yukiko.
(b) It is their second honeymoon.
(c) To try to find a doctor for Taeko.
(d) To try to find a house
9. What does Sachiko think of Mr. Hashidera?
(a) She is doubtful.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She likes him.
(d) She is indifferent.
10. Why is the main house organizing a ceremony?
(a) The new year.
(b) The anniversary of the death of the sisters' parents.
(c) Sachiko's wedding anniversary.
(d) The cherry blossoms.
11. Who joins Mrs. Itani in the quest to find Yukiko a husband in Book III, Chapters 13-18?
(a) Mrs. Niu.
(b) Mrs. Sakiko.
(c) Mrs. Itoki.
(d) Mrs. Kitano.
12. Who chaperones Yukiko when meeting Mr. Hashidera?
13. What is Mimaki from?
(a) A merchant's family.
(b) A noble family.
(c) A sailor's family.
(d) A military family.
14. Where is Sawazaki from?
15. When does Book III, Chapters 19-24 open?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Okubata do during the recital?
2. Who is Mrs. Stoltz strict with?
3. Why is Taeko's teacher canceling her trip to Paris?
4. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
5. Who moves to the Stoltz's house?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)