|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
(a) Taeko wants to marry Itakura.
(b) Taeko wants to become a dancer.
(c) Taeko wants to marry Okutaba.
(d) Taeko wants to elope.
2. What do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko do the night they arrive at Mrs Sugano's?
(a) Go to a recital.
(b) Go to a theater.
(c) Go firefly hunting.
(d) Go to dinner on the coast.
3. Where is Taeko resting while sick?
(a) At the main house.
(b) At Okubata's.
(c) At Itekuba.
(d) At Sachiko.
4. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
(a) Mr. Hashibera financial situation.
(b) Mr. Hashidera's daughter willingness to get a stepmother.
(c) Yukiko's interest in getting married.
(d) Mr. Hashidera's interest in getting married.
5. What is Mr. Hashidera's profession?
6. Who does Rosemary spend her last night in Japan with?
(a) Her best friend Roseanne.
(d) Her mother.
7. Why is the family concerned about the two unwed sisters?
(a) They cannot participate in the celebration as single women.
(b) Suitors could crash the celebrations.
(c) They are proof the family failed to find them husbands.
(d) They are proof that something is wrong with them.
8. Where is Sawazaki from?
9. Why does Sachiko admire Mr. Sloltz?
(a) Her strong will.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her fashion sense.
(d) Her careful housekeeping.
10. Why is Sachiko angry at Yukiko?
(a) She refused to go walk with Hashidera.
(b) She went and met Hashidera without a chaperone.
(c) She invited Hashidera to the house.
(d) She said to Hashidera that she wanted to marry him.
11. When does Book III, Chapters 19-24 open?
12. What is Mimaki from?
(a) A sailor's family.
(b) A merchant's family.
(c) A military family.
(d) A noble family.
13. Who is Mrs. Stoltz packing with in Book II, Chapters 21-27?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her younger children.
(d) Her maids.
14. What are Taeko's sisters trying to encourage her to do?
(a) Go with Okubata.
(b) Get her own car.
(c) Stayy with them.
(d) Go to the main house in Tokyo.
15. What does Sachiko think of Mr. Hashidera?
(a) She likes him.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is doubtful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does O-haru speak to to get her information about Taeko?
2. What does Sachiko sense about Sawzaki?
3. What becomes more frequent after the war with China escalates?
4. How does Yukiko treat Okubata when he comes to visit Taeko?
5. What does Okubata promise Sachiko?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)