|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who risked his life to save Taeko during the flood?
2. Who does O-haru speak to to get her information about Taeko?
(a) The Okubata's maid.
(b) A landlord.
(c) The Okubata's neigbors.
(d) The sister of Okubata.
3. Who is Mrs. Sugano according to Book III, Chapters 1-6?
(a) Tatsuo's sister.
(b) Tatsuo's aunt.
(c) Tatsuo's mother.
(d) Tatsuo's hairdresser.
4. Who is at fault for Yukiko's not marrying according to Teinosuke?
(a) The various suitors.
(b) His own.
(c) The family.
(d) Her own.
5. Where does Teinosuke go to meet Mr. Hashidera a few days after he visited Ashiya?
(a) His office.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A Theater.
(d) A riverwalk.
6. What does Sachiko tell Yukiko about?
(a) The scene at the recital.
(c) Taeko's affairs.
(d) The pictures Itakura took.
7. Why is Sachiko angry at Yukiko?
(a) She refused to go walk with Hashidera.
(b) She said to Hashidera that she wanted to marry him.
(c) She went and met Hashidera without a chaperone.
(d) She invited Hashidera to the house.
8. What news does Taeko receive from Katherine?
(a) She made friend with a nobleman.
(b) She made her way to America.
(c) She settled in Germany.
(d) She married a wealthy man.
9. What does Yukiko think of Taeko and Okubata?
(a) They should not marry.
(b) They should live together.
(c) They should marry.
(d) They should elope.
10. Why is Mrs. Itani selling her shop?
(a) She wants to retire.
(b) She wants to start a sewing business.
(c) She wants to go China.
(d) She wants to go to America.
11. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
(a) Mr. Hashidera's interest in getting married.
(b) Mr. Hashibera financial situation.
(c) Yukiko's interest in getting married.
(d) Mr. Hashidera's daughter willingness to get a stepmother.
12. What do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko do the night they arrive at Mrs Sugano's?
(a) Go to a recital.
(b) Go to a theater.
(c) Go to dinner on the coast.
(d) Go firefly hunting.
13. What disease is Taeko suspected of having in Book III, Chapters 19-24?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) Chiken pox.
14. Who transmits the letter from Sawazaki to Sachiko?
(a) Mrs. Tokina.
(b) Mrs. Hashimata.
(c) Mrs. Itani.
(d) Mrs. Sugano.
15. Where is Taeko resting while sick?
(a) At Itekuba.
(b) At Sachiko.
(c) At the main house.
(d) At Okubata's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rosemary spend her last night in Japan with?
2. Who does Sachiko receive a gift from?
3. Where is Taeko at the end of Book III, Chapters 13-18?
4. Why does Taeko ask for money from Tatsuo and Tsuruko?
5. What happens that Sachiko see as a bad omen?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)