|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Taeko at the end of Book III, Chapters 13-18?
(a) At Taeko's teacher.
(b) At Okubata's.
(c) With Sachiko.
(d) At the main house.
2. Who joins Mrs. Itani in the quest to find Yukiko a husband in Book III, Chapters 13-18?
(a) Mrs. Itoki.
(b) Mrs. Kitano.
(c) Mrs. Sakiko.
(d) Mrs. Niu.
3. What does Tsuruko say about Taeko and Okubata in the letter sent to Sachiko?
(a) That they must put in writting what their intensions are toward each other.
(b) That they cannot marry.
(c) That they must move away from Osaka.
(d) That they must marry.
4. Why is there tension between Taeko and Yukiko?
(a) Taeko cannot marry before Yukiko.
(b) Yukiko does not think Taeko's dolls are special.
(c) Taeko cannot be an independant woman.
(d) Yukiko does not want to marry.
5. Why is Taeko's teacher canceling her trip to Paris?
(a) She now wants to to to America.
(b) Threat of war.
(c) She found a better paying job.
(d) She does not have enough money to go.
6. How do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko go to see Sawazaki?
(a) By boat.
(b) By bus.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
7. When are Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko supposed to meet Saqazaki?
(a) The day after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(b) Three days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(c) The day of their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(d) Two days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
8. Who moves to the Stoltz's house?
(a) A German man and his wife.
(b) A French man and his wife.
(c) A Swiss man and his wife.
(d) A Japanese man and his wife.
9. What happens that Sachiko see as a bad omen?
(a) The boat runs ashore.
(b) The train breaks down.
(c) The car breaks down.
(d) The bus breaks down.
10. Who does Sachiko write a letter to reporting on Taeko?
11. Who does Sachiko receive a gift from?
(a) Mrs. Stoltz.
(c) Her neighbor.
12. What is Mr. Hashidera's profession?
13. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
(a) Mr. Hashidera's interest in getting married.
(b) Yukiko's interest in getting married.
(c) Mr. Hashibera financial situation.
(d) Mr. Hashidera's daughter willingness to get a stepmother.
14. What does Sachiko think of the match between Yukiko and Sawazaki according to Book III, Chapters 7-12?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She thinks Yukiko can do better.
(c) She is optimistic.
(d) She is not optimistic.
15. Why does Hashidera call Yukiko?
(a) To talk to her about his daughter.
(b) To ask her to go on a walk with him.
(c) To call off the negotiations.
(d) To ask her about why she hasn't married yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Stoltz strict with?
2. What does Sachiko think of Mr. Hashidera?
3. What is Miyoshi's occupation?
4. Who does O-haru speak to to get her information about Taeko?
5. Why is the main house organizing a ceremony?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)