|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mimaki lack?
2. How does Tainosuke explain to Hashidera why Yukiko never married?
(a) Face to face.
(b) In a letter.
(c) Through Mrs Itani.
(d) During a long phone call.
3. Why do Sachiko and Teinosuke go on a trip together in Book III, Chapters 25-30?
(a) To try to find a doctor for Taeko.
(b) To try to find a house
(c) It is their second honeymoon.
(d) To try to find a husband for Yukiko.
4. What is Katherina's final destination?
5. Who moves to the Stoltz's house?
(a) A Japanese man and his wife.
(b) A German man and his wife.
(c) A French man and his wife.
(d) A Swiss man and his wife.
6. What does Okubata do during the recital?
(a) Arrives with another woman.
(b) Arrives drunk.
(c) Attacks Taeko's teacher.
(d) Attacks Itakura.
7. What field does Mimaki shown some promise in?
(b) Car repair.
8. What would have happened had Taeko been discovered at Okubata's?
(a) It would have been a smear on the family.
(b) Taejo would have been forced to move away.
(c) They would have been forced to marry.
(d) They would have been forced to stop seeing each other.
9. Who is Mrs. Stoltz strict with?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her servant.
(d) Her children.
10. What are Taeko's sisters trying to encourage her to do?
(a) Get her own car.
(b) Go to the main house in Tokyo.
(c) Stayy with them.
(d) Go with Okubata.
11. When are Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko supposed to meet Saqazaki?
(a) Three days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(b) The day of their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(c) Two days after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
(d) The day after their arrival at Mrs. Sugano's.
12. When does Book III, Chapters 19-24 open?
13. When is Yukiko introduced to Saigusa?
(a) Months before.
(b) Weeks before.
(c) Days before.
(d) Years before.
14. What does Taeko do when confronted by Yukiko?
(a) She listens to her without saying a word.
(b) She cries.
(c) She argues that it is none of Yukiko's business.
(d) She leaves in a rush.
15. What does Tsuruko say about Taeko and Okubata in the letter sent to Sachiko?
(a) That they must marry.
(b) That they must put in writting what their intensions are toward each other.
(c) That they cannot marry.
(d) That they must move away from Osaka.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Mimaki been married?
2. How does Yukiko treat Okubata when he comes to visit Taeko?
3. Why does Taeko return to Ashiya precipitately?
4. What does Sachiko tell Yukiko about?
5. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)