|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the newspaper report as trying to elope?
2. Where do Yukiko and Taeko go for the new year celebrations?
3. What does Sachiko do after the storm?
(a) Go to an inn.
(b) He cries.
(c) Returns to Osaka.
(d) Helps with the moving of the main house.
4. What does Taeko plan on doing according to Book II, Chapter 1?
(a) Elope with Okubata.
(b) Got ot Germany.
(c) Go to Paris.
(d) Take on photography.
5. How many sisters form the Makioka family according to Book I, Chapters 1-9?
6. Where is the main house of the Makioka family?
7. How does Taeko plan on financing her endeavor?
(a) By getting hired by the French family as a maid.
(b) By taking a loan.
(c) By getting the money put aside for her marriage.
(d) By saving from her doll business.
8. Who took over the Makioka family business at the death of the patriarch?
9. Who is Segoshi according to Book I, Chapters 10-16?
(a) Sachiko's suitor.
(b) Yukiko's potential husband.
(c) Sachiko's brother.
(d) Etiko's husband.
10. What is Itakura's occupation?
11. Whose clothes does Taeko wear when coming back home according to Book II Chapter 12?
(a) Her teacher's.
(b) Itakura's sister's.
(c) A change of clothes she brought to school.
(d) Her classmates's.
12. Who is the oldest sister?
13. Why does the main house stay in the small house in Tokyo?
(a) It is in a nice neighborhood.
(b) Thei neighboor is an influencial man.
(c) It is solidly built.
(d) It is inexpensive.
14. What blocks Teinosuke on his way to getting Taeko?
(a) A but.
(b) A train.
(c) Afishing boat.
(d) A car.
15. What does Teinosuke suggest Sachiko to do in Tokyo?
(a) Not to go to that one restaurant.
(b) Not tell Tatsuo about Taeko's classes.
(c) Stay at an inn.
(d) Not let Tatsuo cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Mrs Stoltz's children?
2. What does the visitor inquiring about Taeko bring?
3. What does Teinosuke notice on Sachiko?
4. What declines during the 1930s?
5. How old is Yukiko?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)