Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who deals with Mrs. Itani on the Segoshi matter?
2. What declines during the 1930s?
(a) The Makioka fortune.
(b) The Makioka's influence on the Emperor.
(c) The Japanese economy.
(d) The Japanese influence.
3. Why are Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko stopped and asked to be photographed?
(a) They wear traditional Japanese dresses.
(b) They wear western clothes.
(c) They are the only women on the train.
(d) They are four beautigful women traveling alone.
4. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
(a) She will let Taeko elope with Itakura.
(b) She will let Taeko go to Paris.
(c) She will let Yukiko marry Sasigoe.
(d) She will let Taeko move to Germany.
5. Who comes to inquire about Taeko?
(c) Mrs. Itani.
6. What bad habit does Okubata take according to Taeko?
(a) Beating Taeko.
(b) Getting drunk with other women.
(c) Stealing from strangers.
7. How old is Taeko?
8. What is said of Tsuruko's house?
(a) It is not as well made as older houses.
(b) It has better plumbing than older houses.
(c) It is better built than older houses.
(d) It is nicer than older houses.
9. Why does Tainosuke bring Yukiko to see a doctor?
(a) Segoshi wants a complete physical done of Yukiko.
(b) Segoshi heard that Yukiko might be in poor health.
(c) Yukiko pretends to be sick.
(d) Yukiko has a bad cough.
10. When did Katherina leave Russia?
(a) When the Communists took power.
(b) In 1929.
(c) When her father died.
(d) After her birth.
11. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in?
(a) A miscarriage.
(b) Her being admitted to a hospital.
(c) Her being put in quarantine.
(d) Her spending a month in bed.
12. What is not a crucial objection about Nomura?
(a) He is not as rich as the main house would like.
(b) He is not as well connected the main house would like.
(c) He is not as old as the main house would like.
(d) He is older than the main house would like.
13. What does Yukiko say she will follow?
(a) The decision of the family.
(b) The will of her husband.
(c) Her own heart.
(d) The advice of Sachiko.
14. What is Etsuko becoming obsessed with?
(d) Going to Tokyo.
15. What does Sachiko receive in the mail from a former classmate?
(a) A letter asking for help.
(b) A picture of a man named Nomura.
(c) A ring.
(d) A picture of the two of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man who took over the family business do in order to insure the continuity of the business?
2. What does Teinosuke suggest Sachiko to do in Tokyo?
3. Whose clothes does Taeko wear when coming back home according to Book II Chapter 12?
4. Who invites Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke for dinner in Book I, Chapters 17-22?
5. What is Itakura's occupation?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)