|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the initiative to ask for a neighbor's help as the house shows sign of weakness?
2. Who comes to propose his help to Sachiko In Book II, Chapter 6?
(a) The neighbor.
(d) Taeko's teacher.
3. Who sends a letter to Sachiko at the inn?
4. Who is Segoshi according to Book I, Chapters 10-16?
(a) Yukiko's potential husband.
(b) Sachiko's brother.
(c) Etiko's husband.
(d) Sachiko's suitor.
5. What strikes Tokyo on September 1?
(a) A flood.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A earthquake.
(d) A typhoon.
6. Why does Tainosuke bring Yukiko to see a doctor?
(a) Segoshi heard that Yukiko might be in poor health.
(b) Segoshi wants a complete physical done of Yukiko.
(c) Yukiko pretends to be sick.
(d) Yukiko has a bad cough.
7. What classes does Taeko take?
(a) Proper etiquette.
8. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think considering the strange circumstances at the dinner party?
(a) That they did not follow proper protocol.
(b) That they came the wrong day.
(c) That their friendship is over.
(d) That they are not welcome.
9. What worries Sachiko even more after Mr. Stoltz returns?
(a) The phones are down.
(b) Mr. Stoltz tells her about seeing flotting body.
(c) Mr. Stoltz tells her about seeing Teinosuke almost drowning.
(d) The description of the flood.
10. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in?
(a) Her being put in quarantine.
(b) Her spending a month in bed.
(c) Her being admitted to a hospital.
(d) A miscarriage.
11. Who tells Sachiko that Yukiko should live at the main house and not with her?
(a) Her sister.
(d) An aunt.
12. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
13. Who deals with Mrs. Itani on the Segoshi matter?
14. What does Teinosuke suggest Sachiko to do in Tokyo?
(a) Not let Tatsuo cook.
(b) Not to go to that one restaurant.
(c) Not tell Tatsuo about Taeko's classes.
(d) Stay at an inn.
15. Who does Sachiko take to Tokyo beside Yukiko and Etsuko according to Book II, Chapters 14-20?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who contacts Sachiko about Nomura?
2. How many people live in the main house?
3. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think during the dinner?
4. Who has final say in the decision to marry Yukiko to Segoshi?
5. Who tells Mrs. Itani about the canceled marriage?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)