|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks Etuko to school every morning?
2. Who comes to inquire about Taeko?
(b) Mrs. Itani.
3. What strikes Tokyo on September 1?
(a) A tsunami.
(b) A typhoon.
(c) A flood.
(d) A earthquake.
4. Who has final say in the decision to marry Yukiko to Segoshi?
(b) The main house.
5. Who invites Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke for dinner in Book I, Chapters 17-22?
(d) Mrs. Itani.
6. What does Taeko plan on giving up according to Book II, Chapters 1-5?
(c) Her wedding plans.
(d) Doll making.
7. What does Mrs. Stoltz tell Yukiko?
(a) That Mr Stoltz wants to leave her.
(b) That they are leaving Japan.
(c) That they are moving to Tokyo.
(d) That Taeko wants to move with them.
8. Who is the oldest sister?
9. Who is supporting the conversation during the dinner with Segoshi?
10. Why is Tatsuo slow to give an answer on the marriage?
(a) He is busy dealing with a contract.
(b) An investigation must be conducted.
(c) He wants to think about it.
(d) The mail is slow to reach him.
11. What does Sachiko notice as Taeko comes back?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She wears different clothes.
(c) she has no shoes.
(d) She is not wet.
12. What does Sachiko receive in the mail from a former classmate?
(a) A ring.
(b) A picture of the two of them.
(c) A letter asking for help.
(d) A picture of a man named Nomura.
13. What is said of Tsuruko's house?
(a) It is nicer than older houses.
(b) It is not as well made as older houses.
(c) It has better plumbing than older houses.
(d) It is better built than older houses.
14. Why does Tatsuo reject Segoshi as a candidate for Yukiko?
(a) He is too old for Yukiko.
(b) He is not rich enough.
(c) His mother may have been mentaly ill.
(d) He was married beofre.
15. What bad habit does Okubata take according to Taeko?
(b) Beating Taeko.
(c) Stealing from strangers.
(d) Getting drunk with other women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the main house stay in the small house in Tokyo?
2. What does Yukiko say she will follow?
3. Who took over the Makioka family business at the death of the patriarch?
4. What does Sachiko do after the storm?
5. What happens to Teinosuke on his way to Taeko's school?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)