|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sachiko plan to take Etsuko to?
(a) A theater.
(b) A matchmaker.
(c) A new school.
(d) A specialist for her sleeping and behavior trouble.
2. What does Taeko plan on doing according to Book II, Chapter 1?
(a) Go to Paris.
(b) Take on photography.
(c) Elope with Okubata.
(d) Got ot Germany.
3. Who takes the initiative to ask for a neighbor's help as the house shows sign of weakness?
4. What does Taeko's plan have Sachiko think?
(a) That Taeko wants to go away from Okubata.
(b) That Taeko want to test Okubata's willingness to marry her.
(c) That taeko wants Okubata to join her.
(d) that Taeko wants to get away from the family.
5. How many people live in the main house?
6. When does Sachiko plan on returning to Osaka?
(a) After a few days vacation.
(b) As soon as she can find room in a hospital for Etsuko.
(c) After a couple weeks at the main house.
(d) After Etsuko see the doctor.
7. What does Sachiko do after the storm?
(a) Helps with the moving of the main house.
(b) Returns to Osaka.
(c) He cries.
(d) Go to an inn.
8. What is Itakura's occupation?
9. What does Teinosuke notice on Sachiko?
(a) A bandage on her leg.
(b) A bruse.
(c) Yellow eyes.
(d) A rash.
10. What declines during the 1930s?
(a) The Makioka's influence on the Emperor.
(b) The Makioka fortune.
(c) The Japanese influence.
(d) The Japanese economy.
11. What is said of Tsuruko's house?
(a) It is not as well made as older houses.
(b) It has better plumbing than older houses.
(c) It is better built than older houses.
(d) It is nicer than older houses.
12. Where do Yukiko and Taeko go for the new year celebrations?
13. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
14. Who is Segoshi according to Book I, Chapters 10-16?
(a) Yukiko's potential husband.
(b) Sachiko's suitor.
(c) Sachiko's brother.
(d) Etiko's husband.
15. Where are the Stoltzes from?
(d) lichtenstein .
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has final say in the decision to marry Yukiko to Segoshi?
2. How old is Yukiko?
3. Why does Tainosuke bring Yukiko to see a doctor?
4. Who took over the Makioka family business at the death of the patriarch?
5. What does Mrs. Stoltz tell Yukiko?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)