|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Taeko go with after the cancellation of her class?
(b) Her teacher.
(d) One of her schoolmates.
2. Why is Tatsuo slow to give an answer on the marriage?
(a) He wants to think about it.
(b) An investigation must be conducted.
(c) He is busy dealing with a contract.
(d) The mail is slow to reach him.
3. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
(a) She will let Taeko move to Germany.
(b) She will let Yukiko marry Sasigoe.
(c) She will let Taeko elope with Itakura.
(d) She will let Taeko go to Paris.
4. Who comes to propose his help to Sachiko In Book II, Chapter 6?
(b) Taeko's teacher.
(d) The neighbor.
5. Who did the newspaper report as trying to elope?
6. What is not a crucial objection about Nomura?
(a) He is older than the main house would like.
(b) He is not as rich as the main house would like.
(c) He is not as old as the main house would like.
(d) He is not as well connected the main house would like.
7. What does the visitor inquiring about Taeko bring?
(a) His camera.
(b) His boat.
(c) His car.
(d) His umbrella.
8. Who is Mrs. Itani?
(a) The family Seemstress.
(b) The family maid.
(c) The family hairdresser.
(d) The family card reader.
9. Who is the oldest sister?
10. Who is supporting the conversation during the dinner with Segoshi?
11. How many sisters form the Makioka family according to Book I, Chapters 1-9?
12. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think during the dinner?
(a) That the hosts talk too much.
(b) That the food is too cooked.
(c) That the house is too small.
(d) That the portions of food are too large.
13. Who sends a letter to Sachiko at the inn?
14. What does Sachiko notice as Taeko comes back?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is not wet.
(c) she has no shoes.
(d) She wears different clothes.
15. Who does Sachiko take to Tokyo beside Yukiko and Etsuko according to Book II, Chapters 14-20?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Teinosuke going to go get Etsuko from school?
2. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in?
3. What does Mrs. Stoltz tell Yukiko?
4. What does Teinosuke notice on Sachiko?
5. What is Etsuko becoming obsessed with?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)