|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sachiko notice as Taeko comes back?
(a) She is not wet.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She wears different clothes.
(d) she has no shoes.
2. Who contacts Sachiko about Nomura?
(a) Mrs. Itani.
(c) Mrs. Jimba.
3. Who sends a letter to Sachiko at the inn?
4. Who does Sachiko receive a letter from in Book I, Chapters 23-29?
(d) Mrs Itani.
5. What does Taeko plan on giving up according to Book II, Chapters 1-5?
(a) Her wedding plans.
(d) Doll making.
6. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think considering the strange circumstances at the dinner party?
(a) That their friendship is over.
(b) That they are not welcome.
(c) That they did not follow proper protocol.
(d) That they came the wrong day.
7. Who did the newspaper report as trying to elope?
8. What does Teinosuke suggest Sachiko to do in Tokyo?
(a) Not tell Tatsuo about Taeko's classes.
(b) Stay at an inn.
(c) Not to go to that one restaurant.
(d) Not let Tatsuo cook.
9. Where are the Stoltzes from?
(b) lichtenstein .
10. What is said of Tsuruko's house?
(a) It is better built than older houses.
(b) It is not as well made as older houses.
(c) It is nicer than older houses.
(d) It has better plumbing than older houses.
11. What does Sachiko plan to take Etsuko to?
(a) A matchmaker.
(b) A theater.
(c) A specialist for her sleeping and behavior trouble.
(d) A new school.
12. How many people live in the main house?
13. Who tells Mrs. Itani about the canceled marriage?
14. What photograph does Sachiko look at in Taeko's room?
(a) The picture of her parents.
(b) Okubata's picture of Taeko.
(c) Itakura's picture of Taeko.
(d) A picture of TAeko as a baby.
15. Why does the main house stay in the small house in Tokyo?
(a) It is inexpensive.
(b) It is in a nice neighborhood.
(c) It is solidly built.
(d) Thei neighboor is an influencial man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yukiko say she will follow?
2. What happens to Teinosuke on his way to Taeko's school?
3. Why does Tatsuo reject Segoshi as a candidate for Yukiko?
4. What do Sachiko, Teinosuke, Etsuko and O-Haru write to Yukiko?
5. How old is Yukiko?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)