|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sachiko receive a letter from in Book I, Chapters 23-29?
(d) Mrs Itani.
2. What does the man who took over the family business do in order to insure the continuity of the business?
(a) Sells shares to family members.
(b) Marries Itsuko.
(c) Takes the name Makioka.
(d) Buys the business.
3. Where are the Stoltzes from?
(b) lichtenstein .
4. Why do Tatsuo and Tsuruko have to move into a smaller house?
(a) Their lease was canceled on a bigger house.
(b) The house was more solidly built.
(c) The price was lower.
(d) The house was in a better neiborhood.
5. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
6. Whose clothes does Taeko wear when coming back home according to Book II Chapter 12?
(a) Itakura's sister's.
(b) A change of clothes she brought to school.
(c) Her teacher's.
(d) Her classmates's.
7. What is Itakura's occupation?
8. Who sends a letter to Sachiko at the inn?
9. What does Taeko's plan have Sachiko think?
(a) That taeko wants Okubata to join her.
(b) That Taeko wants to go away from Okubata.
(c) That Taeko want to test Okubata's willingness to marry her.
(d) that Taeko wants to get away from the family.
10. How many sisters form the Makioka family according to Book I, Chapters 1-9?
11. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
(a) She will let Taeko go to Paris.
(b) She will let Yukiko marry Sasigoe.
(c) She will let Taeko elope with Itakura.
(d) She will let Taeko move to Germany.
12. Why is Teinosuke going to go get Etsuko from school?
(a) Because of a tsunami.
(b) Because of a doctor appointment.
(c) Because of a earthquake.
(d) Because of the floods.
13. What does Taeko plan on giving up according to Book II, Chapters 1-5?
(a) Her wedding plans.
(b) Doll making.
14. How many people live in the main house?
15. When did Katherina leave Russia?
(a) In 1929.
(b) After her birth.
(c) When the Communists took power.
(d) When her father died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko stopped and asked to be photographed?
2. What does Yukiko ask Sachiko for concerning the new suitor?
3. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
4. When does Sachiko plan on returning to Osaka?
5. Who contacts Sachiko about Nomura?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)