|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What classes does Taeko take?
(c) Proper etiquette.
2. What is Itakura's occupation?
3. What does Taeko plan on giving up according to Book II, Chapters 1-5?
(b) Her wedding plans.
(c) Doll making.
4. What does Yukiko say she will follow?
(a) The advice of Sachiko.
(b) The decision of the family.
(c) Her own heart.
(d) The will of her husband.
5. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
(a) She will let Taeko elope with Itakura.
(b) She will let Yukiko marry Sasigoe.
(c) She will let Taeko move to Germany.
(d) She will let Taeko go to Paris.
6. What worries Sachiko even more after Mr. Stoltz returns?
(a) Mr. Stoltz tells her about seeing flotting body.
(b) Mr. Stoltz tells her about seeing Teinosuke almost drowning.
(c) The phones are down.
(d) The description of the flood.
7. Who does Sachiko receive a letter from in Book I, Chapters 23-29?
(a) Mrs Itani.
8. What does Teinosuke suggest Sachiko to do in Tokyo?
(a) Stay at an inn.
(b) Not let Tatsuo cook.
(c) Not tell Tatsuo about Taeko's classes.
(d) Not to go to that one restaurant.
9. When did Katherina leave Russia?
(a) After her birth.
(b) In 1929.
(c) When her father died.
(d) When the Communists took power.
10. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think during the dinner?
(a) That the hosts talk too much.
(b) That the portions of food are too large.
(c) That the food is too cooked.
(d) That the house is too small.
11. How does Sachiko's party go to Tokyo?
(a) By plane.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By bus.
12. What bad habit does Okubata take according to Taeko?
(b) Stealing from strangers.
(c) Beating Taeko.
(d) Getting drunk with other women.
13. What does Sachiko notice as Taeko comes back?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is not wet.
(c) She wears different clothes.
(d) she has no shoes.
14. Who tells Mrs. Itani about the canceled marriage?
15. Who does Sachiko take to Tokyo beside Yukiko and Etsuko according to Book II, Chapters 14-20?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is O-haru?
2. Who is Segoshi according to Book I, Chapters 10-16?
3. Why are Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko stopped and asked to be photographed?
4. What is said of Tsuruko's house?
5. What does Taeko plan on doing according to Book II, Chapter 1?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)