|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
(a) Cleans in place of her sister.
(b) Argues with her sister.
(c) Goes alone to her room and cries.
(d) Brings male friends.
2. Who saves Taeko?
3. What type of wife does Segoshi profess his preference for?
(b) Quiet and traditional.
(d) Accepting western influences.
4. Who is supporting the conversation during the dinner with Segoshi?
5. When did Katherina leave Russia?
(a) When the Communists took power.
(b) In 1929.
(c) When her father died.
(d) After her birth.
6. What is not a crucial objection about Nomura?
(a) He is not as well connected the main house would like.
(b) He is older than the main house would like.
(c) He is not as rich as the main house would like.
(d) He is not as old as the main house would like.
7. What does Sachiko plan to take Etsuko to?
(a) A specialist for her sleeping and behavior trouble.
(b) A matchmaker.
(c) A new school.
(d) A theater.
8. What does Yukiko say she will follow?
(a) The will of her husband.
(b) The advice of Sachiko.
(c) Her own heart.
(d) The decision of the family.
9. What does Taeko plan on giving up according to Book II, Chapters 1-5?
(c) Doll making.
(d) Her wedding plans.
10. Who is Mrs. Itani?
(a) The family maid.
(b) The family hairdresser.
(c) The family card reader.
(d) The family Seemstress.
11. When does Sachiko plan on returning to Osaka?
(a) As soon as she can find room in a hospital for Etsuko.
(b) After a couple weeks at the main house.
(c) After a few days vacation.
(d) After Etsuko see the doctor.
12. What is Nomura's odd habit?
(a) Talking to himself.
(d) Going on long boat ride alone.
13. What does Taeko's plan have Sachiko think?
(a) That taeko wants Okubata to join her.
(b) that Taeko wants to get away from the family.
(c) That Taeko want to test Okubata's willingness to marry her.
(d) That Taeko wants to go away from Okubata.
14. Why does Yukiko refuse to marry Nomura?
(a) He is too hold for her.
(b) He is not rich enough.
(c) Because of the shrine to his wife and children he is keeping.
(d) He does not want to allow her to work.
15. Who is the oldest sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes Tokyo on September 1?
2. What worries Sachiko even more after Mr. Stoltz returns?
3. What is Itakura's occupation?
4. Who is O-haru?
5. What does Teinosuke suggest Sachiko to do in Tokyo?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)