|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think considering the strange circumstances at the dinner party?
(a) That they came the wrong day.
(b) That their friendship is over.
(c) That they are not welcome.
(d) That they did not follow proper protocol.
2. What is Itakura's occupation?
3. Who saves Taeko?
4. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
5. Who does Sachiko receive a letter from in Book I, Chapters 23-29?
(c) Mrs Itani.
6. Where are Mrs Stoltz's children?
(a) With their father.
(c) At the park with the nany.
(d) At the theater.
7. How does Sachiko's party go to Tokyo?
(a) By plane.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By bus.
8. What does the visitor inquiring about Taeko bring?
(a) His car.
(b) His camera.
(c) His boat.
(d) His umbrella.
9. What does Taeko's plan have Sachiko think?
(a) that Taeko wants to get away from the family.
(b) That Taeko want to test Okubata's willingness to marry her.
(c) That taeko wants Okubata to join her.
(d) That Taeko wants to go away from Okubata.
10. Why does Sachiko not want to urge Yukiko about a new suitor?
(a) The breakdown of negotiations is still recent.
(b) She wants Yukiko to be sure she wants to marry.
(c) She wants to find someone for Taeko first.
(d) She wants to make sure the man is honest before telling Yukiko about him.
11. Who tells Sachiko that Yukiko should live at the main house and not with her?
(b) An aunt.
(d) Her sister.
12. What type of wife does Segoshi profess his preference for?
(a) Quiet and traditional.
(d) Accepting western influences.
13. What does Taeko plan on giving up according to Book II, Chapters 1-5?
(a) Her wedding plans.
(b) Doll making.
14. What does Taeko tell Sachiko when confronted with the letter?
(a) That she plans to go to Paris.
(b) That she plan on marrying Itekura.
(c) That she plan on marrying Okubata,
(d) That she plan on goig to Germany.
15. Who is the oldest sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Tatsuo and Tsuruko have to move into a smaller house?
2. How old is Taeko?
3. What is said of Tsuruko's house?
4. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in?
5. Where are the Stoltzes from?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)