|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Mrs. Itani about the canceled marriage?
2. What does Yukiko say she will follow?
(a) The decision of the family.
(b) The advice of Sachiko.
(c) The will of her husband.
(d) Her own heart.
3. What does Sachiko ask Yukiko in the car on their way home?
(a) What she thinks of Segoshi.
(b) What Segoshi told her.
(c) If she wants to take her time before marrying Segoshi.
(d) If she wants to meet another man.
4. What does Sachiko notice as Taeko comes back?
(a) She is not wet.
(b) she has no shoes.
(c) She wears different clothes.
(d) She is happy.
5. What does Taeko plan on doing according to Book II, Chapter 1?
(a) Take on photography.
(b) Got ot Germany.
(c) Go to Paris.
(d) Elope with Okubata.
6. Who does Sachiko take to Tokyo beside Yukiko and Etsuko according to Book II, Chapters 14-20?
7. Who invites Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke for dinner in Book I, Chapters 17-22?
(c) Mrs. Itani.
8. Who is Mrs. Itani?
(a) The family maid.
(b) The family hairdresser.
(c) The family Seemstress.
(d) The family card reader.
9. Why does Sachiko not want to urge Yukiko about a new suitor?
(a) She wants to make sure the man is honest before telling Yukiko about him.
(b) She wants Yukiko to be sure she wants to marry.
(c) She wants to find someone for Taeko first.
(d) The breakdown of negotiations is still recent.
10. How does Sachiko's party go to Tokyo?
(a) By plane.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By bus.
11. What does Mrs. Stoltz tell Yukiko?
(a) That Taeko wants to move with them.
(b) That they are moving to Tokyo.
(c) That Mr Stoltz wants to leave her.
(d) That they are leaving Japan.
12. Why does Tatsuo reject Segoshi as a candidate for Yukiko?
(a) He was married beofre.
(b) He is too old for Yukiko.
(c) He is not rich enough.
(d) His mother may have been mentaly ill.
13. Who did the newspaper report as trying to elope?
14. What does Taeko tell Sachiko when confronted with the letter?
(a) That she plan on marrying Okubata,
(b) That she plan on marrying Itekura.
(c) That she plans to go to Paris.
(d) That she plan on goig to Germany.
15. What do Sachiko, Teinosuke, Etsuko and O-Haru write to Yukiko?
(a) Each a long letter.
(b) A poem.
(c) A short funny letter..
(d) A story meant to support her suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yukiko ask Sachiko for concerning the new suitor?
2. Who sends a letter to Sachiko at the inn?
3. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
4. Who deals with Mrs. Itani on the Segoshi matter?
5. Who takes the initiative to ask for a neighbor's help as the house shows sign of weakness?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)