|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yukiko say she will follow?
(a) The will of her husband.
(b) The decision of the family.
(c) The advice of Sachiko.
(d) Her own heart.
2. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
(a) Argues with her sister.
(b) Goes alone to her room and cries.
(c) Brings male friends.
(d) Cleans in place of her sister.
3. Who is the oldest sister?
4. Who takes the initiative to ask for a neighbor's help as the house shows sign of weakness?
5. What blocks Teinosuke on his way to getting Taeko?
(a) A but.
(b) Afishing boat.
(c) A car.
(d) A train.
6. How many people live in the main house?
7. What declines during the 1930s?
(a) The Japanese influence.
(b) The Japanese economy.
(c) The Makioka fortune.
(d) The Makioka's influence on the Emperor.
8. What does Taeko plan on giving up according to Book II, Chapters 1-5?
(a) Doll making.
(b) Her wedding plans.
9. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
(a) She will let Yukiko marry Sasigoe.
(b) She will let Taeko elope with Itakura.
(c) She will let Taeko move to Germany.
(d) She will let Taeko go to Paris.
10. Who is Segoshi according to Book I, Chapters 10-16?
(a) Etiko's husband.
(b) Sachiko's suitor.
(c) Yukiko's potential husband.
(d) Sachiko's brother.
11. Who comes to propose his help to Sachiko In Book II, Chapter 6?
(a) The neighbor.
(d) Taeko's teacher.
12. What does Sachiko do after the storm?
(a) He cries.
(b) Go to an inn.
(c) Returns to Osaka.
(d) Helps with the moving of the main house.
13. Where do Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko go to see the cherry blossoms?
14. Who tells Sachiko that Yukiko should live at the main house and not with her?
(a) An aunt.
(c) Her sister.
15. Why does Sachiko not want to urge Yukiko about a new suitor?
(a) The breakdown of negotiations is still recent.
(b) She wants Yukiko to be sure she wants to marry.
(c) She wants to make sure the man is honest before telling Yukiko about him.
(d) She wants to find someone for Taeko first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Itakura's occupation?
2. What is Nomura's odd habit?
3. What does Teinosuke notice on Sachiko?
4. Why does Yukiko refuse to marry Nomura?
5. Where are Mrs Stoltz's children?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)