|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Itakura's occupation?
2. What does Teinosuke notice on Sachiko?
(a) A bruse.
(b) Yellow eyes.
(c) A rash.
(d) A bandage on her leg.
3. How does Taeko plan on financing her endeavor?
(a) By getting hired by the French family as a maid.
(b) By getting the money put aside for her marriage.
(c) By taking a loan.
(d) By saving from her doll business.
4. How old is Yukiko?
5. Why do Tatsuo and Tsuruko have to move into a smaller house?
(a) The price was lower.
(b) The house was in a better neiborhood.
(c) Their lease was canceled on a bigger house.
(d) The house was more solidly built.
6. What does Taeko tell Sachiko when confronted with the letter?
(a) That she plan on goig to Germany.
(b) That she plan on marrying Itekura.
(c) That she plan on marrying Okubata,
(d) That she plans to go to Paris.
7. Who is Segoshi according to Book I, Chapters 10-16?
(a) Yukiko's potential husband.
(b) Sachiko's suitor.
(c) Etiko's husband.
(d) Sachiko's brother.
8. Who comes to inquire about Taeko?
(a) Mrs. Itani.
9. Who is absent when Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke arrive for dinner?
(a) Katherina's mother and brother.
(d) Mr Sagoshi.
10. When does Sachiko plan on returning to Osaka?
(a) After Etsuko see the doctor.
(b) After a few days vacation.
(c) As soon as she can find room in a hospital for Etsuko.
(d) After a couple weeks at the main house.
11. What classes does Taeko take?
(b) Proper etiquette.
12. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
(a) Argues with her sister.
(b) Goes alone to her room and cries.
(c) Brings male friends.
(d) Cleans in place of her sister.
13. What declines during the 1930s?
(a) The Makioka fortune.
(b) The Japanese influence.
(c) The Makioka's influence on the Emperor.
(d) The Japanese economy.
14. Why does the main house stay in the small house in Tokyo?
(a) Thei neighboor is an influencial man.
(b) It is inexpensive.
(c) It is in a nice neighborhood.
(d) It is solidly built.
15. What does Sachiko do after the storm?
(a) Helps with the moving of the main house.
(b) Returns to Osaka.
(c) He cries.
(d) Go to an inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Yukiko and Taeko go for the new year celebrations?
2. Where are Mrs Stoltz's children?
3. What do Sachiko, Teinosuke, Etsuko and O-Haru write to Yukiko?
4. What strikes Tokyo on September 1?
5. What bad habit does Okubata take according to Taeko?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)