|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think considering the strange circumstances at the dinner party?
(a) That they did not follow proper protocol.
(b) That they are not welcome.
(c) That their friendship is over.
(d) That they came the wrong day.
2. What does Sachiko do after the storm?
(a) He cries.
(b) Go to an inn.
(c) Helps with the moving of the main house.
(d) Returns to Osaka.
3. What is said of Tsuruko's house?
(a) It is not as well made as older houses.
(b) It has better plumbing than older houses.
(c) It is better built than older houses.
(d) It is nicer than older houses.
4. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in?
(a) Her spending a month in bed.
(b) A miscarriage.
(c) Her being admitted to a hospital.
(d) Her being put in quarantine.
5. What does Teinosuke notice on Sachiko?
(a) A bandage on her leg.
(b) Yellow eyes.
(c) A rash.
(d) A bruse.
6. What does Yukiko ask Sachiko for concerning the new suitor?
(a) To tell her everything about him.
(b) To conduct a close investigation.
(c) To not meet him before the investigation is complete.
(d) To let her meet him alone.
7. Who deals with Mrs. Itani on the Segoshi matter?
8. Who has final say in the decision to marry Yukiko to Segoshi?
(b) The main house.
9. Whose clothes does Taeko wear when coming back home according to Book II Chapter 12?
(a) Her teacher's.
(b) A change of clothes she brought to school.
(c) Itakura's sister's.
(d) Her classmates's.
10. Who visits Sachiko in Book II, Chapter 1?
(d) Mrs Itani.
11. What does Mrs. Stoltz tell Yukiko?
(a) That they are moving to Tokyo.
(b) That Taeko wants to move with them.
(c) That Mr Stoltz wants to leave her.
(d) That they are leaving Japan.
12. What does the man who took over the family business do in order to insure the continuity of the business?
(a) Buys the business.
(b) Sells shares to family members.
(c) Marries Itsuko.
(d) Takes the name Makioka.
13. Who does Taeko go with after the cancellation of her class?
(a) One of her schoolmates.
(d) Her teacher.
14. How many people live in the main house?
15. What does Taeko's plan have Sachiko think?
(a) That taeko wants Okubata to join her.
(b) That Taeko want to test Okubata's willingness to marry her.
(c) That Taeko wants to go away from Okubata.
(d) that Taeko wants to get away from the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Taeko?
2. When does Sachiko plan on returning to Osaka?
3. What does Taeko plan on doing according to Book II, Chapter 1?
4. What bad habit does Okubata take according to Taeko?
5. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)