|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sachiko receive a letter from in Book I, Chapters 23-29?
(c) Mrs Itani.
2. What blocks Teinosuke on his way to getting Taeko?
(a) A car.
(b) Afishing boat.
(c) A train.
(d) A but.
3. Why does Tainosuke bring Yukiko to see a doctor?
(a) Segoshi wants a complete physical done of Yukiko.
(b) Yukiko pretends to be sick.
(c) Segoshi heard that Yukiko might be in poor health.
(d) Yukiko has a bad cough.
4. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in?
(a) Her being admitted to a hospital.
(b) Her being put in quarantine.
(c) Her spending a month in bed.
(d) A miscarriage.
5. What does Sachiko plan to take Etsuko to?
(a) A new school.
(b) A theater.
(c) A matchmaker.
(d) A specialist for her sleeping and behavior trouble.
6. Where do Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko go to see the cherry blossoms?
7. Who walks Etuko to school every morning?
8. Where are Mrs Stoltz's children?
(a) With their father.
(c) At the park with the nany.
(d) At the theater.
9. What does Sachiko ask Yukiko in the car on their way home?
(a) What Segoshi told her.
(b) If she wants to meet another man.
(c) What she thinks of Segoshi.
(d) If she wants to take her time before marrying Segoshi.
10. Who contacts Sachiko about Nomura?
(a) Mrs. Jimba.
(b) Mrs. Itani.
11. What is Nomura's odd habit?
(a) Going on long boat ride alone.
(d) Talking to himself.
12. What type of wife does Segoshi profess his preference for?
(a) Accepting western influences.
(c) Quiet and traditional.
13. What does Teinosuke notice on Sachiko?
(a) A rash.
(b) A bandage on her leg.
(c) Yellow eyes.
(d) A bruse.
14. Who comes to inquire about Taeko?
(d) Mrs. Itani.
15. Who is the oldest sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sachiko, Teinosuke, Etsuko and O-Haru write to Yukiko?
2. What is not a crucial objection about Nomura?
3. What does the man who took over the family business do in order to insure the continuity of the business?
4. What is Etsuko becoming obsessed with?
5. What photograph does Sachiko look at in Taeko's room?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)