|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Itakura's occupation?
2. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
3. Where is the main house of the Makioka family?
4. What is not a crucial objection about Nomura?
(a) He is older than the main house would like.
(b) He is not as rich as the main house would like.
(c) He is not as well connected the main house would like.
(d) He is not as old as the main house would like.
5. What does Mrs. Stoltz tell Yukiko?
(a) That they are moving to Tokyo.
(b) That Mr Stoltz wants to leave her.
(c) That they are leaving Japan.
(d) That Taeko wants to move with them.
6. What does Sachiko receive in the mail from a former classmate?
(a) A picture of a man named Nomura.
(b) A letter asking for help.
(c) A picture of the two of them.
(d) A ring.
7. Who takes the initiative to ask for a neighbor's help as the house shows sign of weakness?
8. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
(a) Argues with her sister.
(b) Goes alone to her room and cries.
(c) Brings male friends.
(d) Cleans in place of her sister.
9. Who sends a letter to Sachiko at the inn?
10. How old is Yukiko?
11. Who invites Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke for dinner in Book I, Chapters 17-22?
(a) Mrs. Itani.
12. Why does the main house stay in the small house in Tokyo?
(a) It is in a nice neighborhood.
(b) It is inexpensive.
(c) Thei neighboor is an influencial man.
(d) It is solidly built.
13. Who contacts Sachiko about Nomura?
(a) Mrs. Jimba.
(c) Mrs. Itani.
14. Who tells Sachiko that Yukiko should live at the main house and not with her?
(b) An aunt.
(d) Her sister.
15. Why is Teinosuke going to go get Etsuko from school?
(a) Because of a doctor appointment.
(b) Because of a earthquake.
(c) Because of a tsunami.
(d) Because of the floods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Segoshi according to Book I, Chapters 10-16?
2. Who visits Sachiko in Book II, Chapter 1?
3. Why does Yukiko refuse to marry Nomura?
4. Who comes to propose his help to Sachiko In Book II, Chapter 6?
5. Who comes to inquire about Taeko?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)