|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Sachiko plan on returning to Osaka?
(a) After Etsuko see the doctor.
(b) As soon as she can find room in a hospital for Etsuko.
(c) After a few days vacation.
(d) After a couple weeks at the main house.
2. What does Yukiko ask Sachiko for concerning the new suitor?
(a) To let her meet him alone.
(b) To not meet him before the investigation is complete.
(c) To tell her everything about him.
(d) To conduct a close investigation.
3. Who visits Sachiko in Book II, Chapter 1?
(c) Mrs Itani.
4. What is Etsuko becoming obsessed with?
(d) Going to Tokyo.
5. What does the visitor inquiring about Taeko bring?
(a) His umbrella.
(b) His camera.
(c) His boat.
(d) His car.
6. How old is Taeko?
7. Who walks Etuko to school every morning?
8. Who does Sachiko take to Tokyo beside Yukiko and Etsuko according to Book II, Chapters 14-20?
9. Why does Tainosuke bring Yukiko to see a doctor?
(a) Yukiko has a bad cough.
(b) Yukiko pretends to be sick.
(c) Segoshi wants a complete physical done of Yukiko.
(d) Segoshi heard that Yukiko might be in poor health.
10. Why do Tatsuo and Tsuruko have to move into a smaller house?
(a) Their lease was canceled on a bigger house.
(b) The price was lower.
(c) The house was more solidly built.
(d) The house was in a better neiborhood.
11. Who deals with Mrs. Itani on the Segoshi matter?
12. What is not a crucial objection about Nomura?
(a) He is not as well connected the main house would like.
(b) He is not as rich as the main house would like.
(c) He is older than the main house would like.
(d) He is not as old as the main house would like.
13. Who does Taeko go with after the cancellation of her class?
(a) One of her schoolmates.
(d) Her teacher.
14. Why does Sachiko not want to urge Yukiko about a new suitor?
(a) She wants to make sure the man is honest before telling Yukiko about him.
(b) The breakdown of negotiations is still recent.
(c) She wants to find someone for Taeko first.
(d) She wants Yukiko to be sure she wants to marry.
15. What does Sachiko do after the storm?
(a) Returns to Osaka.
(b) Go to an inn.
(c) Helps with the moving of the main house.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends a letter to Sachiko at the inn?
2. What is said of Tsuruko's house?
3. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
4. What strikes Tokyo on September 1?
5. What does Taeko plan on giving up according to Book II, Chapters 1-5?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)