|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends a letter to Sachiko at the inn?
2. What classes does Taeko take?
(d) Proper etiquette.
3. Who contacts Sachiko about Nomura?
(a) Mrs. Jimba.
(b) Mrs. Itani.
4. Who comes to inquire about Taeko?
(a) Mrs. Itani.
5. Who is the oldest sister?
6. Who has final say in the decision to marry Yukiko to Segoshi?
(c) The main house.
7. Who took over the Makioka family business at the death of the patriarch?
8. Who is absent when Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke arrive for dinner?
(a) Katherina's mother and brother.
(d) Mr Sagoshi.
9. Who is Segoshi according to Book I, Chapters 10-16?
(a) Etiko's husband.
(b) Sachiko's suitor.
(c) Yukiko's potential husband.
(d) Sachiko's brother.
10. Who is supporting the conversation during the dinner with Segoshi?
11. What happens to Teinosuke on his way to Taeko's school?
(a) He gets lost.
(b) He helps push a car off the road.
(c) He saves a child.
(d) He almost drowns.
12. What does Teinosuke notice on Sachiko?
(a) A bruse.
(b) A rash.
(c) A bandage on her leg.
(d) Yellow eyes.
13. What does Taeko's plan have Sachiko think?
(a) That Taeko want to test Okubata's willingness to marry her.
(b) that Taeko wants to get away from the family.
(c) That taeko wants Okubata to join her.
(d) That Taeko wants to go away from Okubata.
14. What does Sachiko notice as Taeko comes back?
(a) She wears different clothes.
(b) She is not wet.
(c) she has no shoes.
(d) She is happy.
15. What does Sachiko do after the storm?
(a) Go to an inn.
(b) He cries.
(c) Helps with the moving of the main house.
(d) Returns to Osaka.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taeko plan on doing according to Book II, Chapter 1?
2. What is not a crucial objection about Nomura?
3. Why does Tatsuo reject Segoshi as a candidate for Yukiko?
4. When did Katherina leave Russia?
5. What photograph does Sachiko look at in Taeko's room?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)