|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taeko plan on financing her endeavor?
(a) By getting hired by the French family as a maid.
(b) By getting the money put aside for her marriage.
(c) By saving from her doll business.
(d) By taking a loan.
2. Who tells Sachiko that Yukiko should live at the main house and not with her?
(b) Her sister.
(c) An aunt.
3. What does Teinosuke suggest Sachiko to do in Tokyo?
(a) Not to go to that one restaurant.
(b) Not tell Tatsuo about Taeko's classes.
(c) Stay at an inn.
(d) Not let Tatsuo cook.
4. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
5. What does Sachiko notice as Taeko comes back?
(a) she has no shoes.
(b) She wears different clothes.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is not wet.
6. What does Sachiko plan to take Etsuko to?
(a) A new school.
(b) A matchmaker.
(c) A theater.
(d) A specialist for her sleeping and behavior trouble.
7. What strikes Tokyo on September 1?
(a) A earthquake.
(b) A typhoon.
(c) A flood.
(d) A tsunami.
8. Where are the Stoltzes from?
(a) lichtenstein .
9. What is said of Tsuruko's house?
(a) It has better plumbing than older houses.
(b) It is not as well made as older houses.
(c) It is nicer than older houses.
(d) It is better built than older houses.
10. How old is Yukiko?
11. What blocks Teinosuke on his way to getting Taeko?
(a) A car.
(b) Afishing boat.
(c) A but.
(d) A train.
12. Who invites Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke for dinner in Book I, Chapters 17-22?
(c) Mrs. Itani.
13. Where do Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko go to see the cherry blossoms?
14. When did Katherina leave Russia?
(a) When her father died.
(b) After her birth.
(c) When the Communists took power.
(d) In 1929.
15. Who did the newspaper report as trying to elope?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visitor inquiring about Taeko bring?
2. Why does Yukiko refuse to marry Nomura?
3. What does Taeko plan on doing according to Book II, Chapter 1?
4. How does Sachiko's party go to Tokyo?
5. Who takes the initiative to ask for a neighbor's help as the house shows sign of weakness?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)