|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in?
(a) Her spending a month in bed.
(b) Her being put in quarantine.
(c) A miscarriage.
(d) Her being admitted to a hospital.
2. Why is Teinosuke going to go get Etsuko from school?
(a) Because of a earthquake.
(b) Because of the floods.
(c) Because of a tsunami.
(d) Because of a doctor appointment.
3. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think considering the strange circumstances at the dinner party?
(a) That they are not welcome.
(b) That they came the wrong day.
(c) That their friendship is over.
(d) That they did not follow proper protocol.
4. What is Itakura's occupation?
5. What blocks Teinosuke on his way to getting Taeko?
(a) A train.
(b) A car.
(c) Afishing boat.
(d) A but.
6. Why are Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko stopped and asked to be photographed?
(a) They wear traditional Japanese dresses.
(b) They are the only women on the train.
(c) They are four beautigful women traveling alone.
(d) They wear western clothes.
7. How does Taeko plan on financing her endeavor?
(a) By getting hired by the French family as a maid.
(b) By getting the money put aside for her marriage.
(c) By taking a loan.
(d) By saving from her doll business.
8. Who contacts Sachiko about Nomura?
(a) Mrs. Jimba.
(c) Mrs. Itani.
9. Who is Segoshi according to Book I, Chapters 10-16?
(a) Sachiko's brother.
(b) Sachiko's suitor.
(c) Yukiko's potential husband.
(d) Etiko's husband.
10. Where are Mrs Stoltz's children?
(a) At the park with the nany.
(c) With their father.
(d) At the theater.
11. Who does Sachiko receive a letter from in Book I, Chapters 23-29?
(d) Mrs Itani.
12. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
(a) Goes alone to her room and cries.
(b) Brings male friends.
(c) Cleans in place of her sister.
(d) Argues with her sister.
13. Who does Taeko go with after the cancellation of her class?
(a) One of her schoolmates.
(d) Her teacher.
14. How many sisters form the Makioka family according to Book I, Chapters 1-9?
15. What is Nomura's odd habit?
(a) Going on long boat ride alone.
(c) Talking to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sachiko, Teinosuke, Etsuko and O-Haru write to Yukiko?
2. Who walks Etuko to school every morning?
3. What does Sachiko notice as Taeko comes back?
4. What worries Sachiko even more after Mr. Stoltz returns?
5. What does Sachiko ask Yukiko in the car on their way home?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)