|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose clothes does Taeko wear when coming back home according to Book II Chapter 12?
(a) A change of clothes she brought to school.
(b) Itakura's sister's.
(c) Her classmates's.
(d) Her teacher's.
2. How does Sachiko's party go to Tokyo?
(a) By bus.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By plane.
3. Who takes the initiative to ask for a neighbor's help as the house shows sign of weakness?
4. Who did the newspaper report as trying to elope?
5. What does the man who took over the family business do in order to insure the continuity of the business?
(a) Marries Itsuko.
(b) Buys the business.
(c) Takes the name Makioka.
(d) Sells shares to family members.
6. What does Taeko tell Sachiko when confronted with the letter?
(a) That she plan on marrying Okubata,
(b) That she plan on marrying Itekura.
(c) That she plans to go to Paris.
(d) That she plan on goig to Germany.
7. Who does Sachiko receive a letter from in Book I, Chapters 23-29?
(d) Mrs Itani.
8. Why are Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko stopped and asked to be photographed?
(a) They are the only women on the train.
(b) They wear traditional Japanese dresses.
(c) They wear western clothes.
(d) They are four beautigful women traveling alone.
9. What declines during the 1930s?
(a) The Japanese influence.
(b) The Makioka's influence on the Emperor.
(c) The Japanese economy.
(d) The Makioka fortune.
10. What does Sachiko ask Yukiko in the car on their way home?
(a) If she wants to take her time before marrying Segoshi.
(b) What Segoshi told her.
(c) What she thinks of Segoshi.
(d) If she wants to meet another man.
11. When does Sachiko plan on returning to Osaka?
(a) After a couple weeks at the main house.
(b) After Etsuko see the doctor.
(c) As soon as she can find room in a hospital for Etsuko.
(d) After a few days vacation.
12. Why is Teinosuke going to go get Etsuko from school?
(a) Because of a doctor appointment.
(b) Because of the floods.
(c) Because of a earthquake.
(d) Because of a tsunami.
13. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think considering the strange circumstances at the dinner party?
(a) That their friendship is over.
(b) That they did not follow proper protocol.
(c) That they are not welcome.
(d) That they came the wrong day.
14. How many sisters form the Makioka family according to Book I, Chapters 1-9?
15. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think during the dinner?
(a) That the portions of food are too large.
(b) That the hosts talk too much.
(c) That the house is too small.
(d) That the food is too cooked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tainosuke bring Yukiko to see a doctor?
2. Why does Sachiko not want to urge Yukiko about a new suitor?
3. What does Yukiko ask Sachiko for concerning the new suitor?
4. How old is Yukiko?
5. What type of wife does Segoshi profess his preference for?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)