|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think during the dinner?
(a) That the house is too small.
(b) That the food is too cooked.
(c) That the hosts talk too much.
(d) That the portions of food are too large.
2. What is Nomura's odd habit?
(c) Talking to himself.
(d) Going on long boat ride alone.
3. Who saves Taeko?
4. Who invites Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke for dinner in Book I, Chapters 17-22?
(a) Mrs. Itani.
5. Who walks Etuko to school every morning?
6. Where do Yukiko and Taeko go for the new year celebrations?
7. What does the man who took over the family business do in order to insure the continuity of the business?
(a) Buys the business.
(b) Takes the name Makioka.
(c) Sells shares to family members.
(d) Marries Itsuko.
8. Who is O-haru?
(a) The family seamstress.
(b) The family hairdresser.
(c) The family card reader.
(d) The family maid.
9. What does Teinosuke suggest Sachiko to do in Tokyo?
(a) Not let Tatsuo cook.
(b) Stay at an inn.
(c) Not to go to that one restaurant.
(d) Not tell Tatsuo about Taeko's classes.
10. How does Taeko plan on financing her endeavor?
(a) By saving from her doll business.
(b) By getting hired by the French family as a maid.
(c) By getting the money put aside for her marriage.
(d) By taking a loan.
11. Who does Taeko go with after the cancellation of her class?
(b) One of her schoolmates.
(c) Her teacher.
12. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
13. Why does the main house stay in the small house in Tokyo?
(a) Thei neighboor is an influencial man.
(b) It is solidly built.
(c) It is inexpensive.
(d) It is in a nice neighborhood.
14. Why are Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko stopped and asked to be photographed?
(a) They are the only women on the train.
(b) They are four beautigful women traveling alone.
(c) They wear traditional Japanese dresses.
(d) They wear western clothes.
15. Who comes to propose his help to Sachiko In Book II, Chapter 6?
(c) The neighbor.
(d) Taeko's teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not a crucial objection about Nomura?
2. What does Teinosuke notice on Sachiko?
3. Why does Tatsuo reject Segoshi as a candidate for Yukiko?
4. When does Sachiko plan on returning to Osaka?
5. How old is Yukiko?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)