|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko go to see the cherry blossoms?
2. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
(a) She will let Taeko go to Paris.
(b) She will let Taeko elope with Itakura.
(c) She will let Taeko move to Germany.
(d) She will let Yukiko marry Sasigoe.
3. What does Taeko's plan have Sachiko think?
(a) That taeko wants Okubata to join her.
(b) that Taeko wants to get away from the family.
(c) That Taeko wants to go away from Okubata.
(d) That Taeko want to test Okubata's willingness to marry her.
4. Who does Sachiko take to Tokyo beside Yukiko and Etsuko according to Book II, Chapters 14-20?
5. How old is Taeko?
6. Who does Taeko go with after the cancellation of her class?
(b) One of her schoolmates.
(d) Her teacher.
7. Who is Segoshi according to Book I, Chapters 10-16?
(a) Sachiko's brother.
(b) Etiko's husband.
(c) Yukiko's potential husband.
(d) Sachiko's suitor.
8. What is not a crucial objection about Nomura?
(a) He is not as old as the main house would like.
(b) He is older than the main house would like.
(c) He is not as rich as the main house would like.
(d) He is not as well connected the main house would like.
9. Why does Yukiko refuse to marry Nomura?
(a) Because of the shrine to his wife and children he is keeping.
(b) He is not rich enough.
(c) He does not want to allow her to work.
(d) He is too hold for her.
10. What happens to Teinosuke on his way to Taeko's school?
(a) He helps push a car off the road.
(b) He saves a child.
(c) He almost drowns.
(d) He gets lost.
11. Who takes the initiative to ask for a neighbor's help as the house shows sign of weakness?
12. What does Sachiko plan to take Etsuko to?
(a) A matchmaker.
(b) A new school.
(c) A theater.
(d) A specialist for her sleeping and behavior trouble.
13. What classes does Taeko take?
(d) Proper etiquette.
14. Why does the main house stay in the small house in Tokyo?
(a) Thei neighboor is an influencial man.
(b) It is inexpensive.
(c) It is solidly built.
(d) It is in a nice neighborhood.
15. What declines during the 1930s?
(a) The Japanese influence.
(b) The Makioka fortune.
(c) The Japanese economy.
(d) The Makioka's influence on the Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think considering the strange circumstances at the dinner party?
2. What does Taeko tell Sachiko when confronted with the letter?
3. What does Taeko plan on doing according to Book II, Chapter 1?
4. What does Teinosuke suggest Sachiko to do in Tokyo?
5. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)