|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stoltz tell Yukiko?
(a) That they are leaving Japan.
(b) That Mr Stoltz wants to leave her.
(c) That Taeko wants to move with them.
(d) That they are moving to Tokyo.
2. What does Yukiko say she will follow?
(a) The advice of Sachiko.
(b) The decision of the family.
(c) Her own heart.
(d) The will of her husband.
3. Who saves Taeko?
4. Who does Taeko go with after the cancellation of her class?
(a) One of her schoolmates.
(b) Her teacher.
5. What photograph does Sachiko look at in Taeko's room?
(a) The picture of her parents.
(b) Okubata's picture of Taeko.
(c) A picture of TAeko as a baby.
(d) Itakura's picture of Taeko.
6. Why does Tatsuo reject Segoshi as a candidate for Yukiko?
(a) He was married beofre.
(b) His mother may have been mentaly ill.
(c) He is not rich enough.
(d) He is too old for Yukiko.
7. Where do Sachiko, Taeko, Yukiko and Etsuko go to see the cherry blossoms?
8. Who is absent when Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke arrive for dinner?
(c) Katherina's mother and brother.
(d) Mr Sagoshi.
9. What worries Sachiko even more after Mr. Stoltz returns?
(a) The phones are down.
(b) Mr. Stoltz tells her about seeing Teinosuke almost drowning.
(c) The description of the flood.
(d) Mr. Stoltz tells her about seeing flotting body.
10. Why does Tainosuke bring Yukiko to see a doctor?
(a) Segoshi wants a complete physical done of Yukiko.
(b) Yukiko has a bad cough.
(c) Segoshi heard that Yukiko might be in poor health.
(d) Yukiko pretends to be sick.
11. Who is Segoshi according to Book I, Chapters 10-16?
(a) Yukiko's potential husband.
(b) Etiko's husband.
(c) Sachiko's brother.
(d) Sachiko's suitor.
12. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
(a) She will let Taeko move to Germany.
(b) She will let Taeko go to Paris.
(c) She will let Yukiko marry Sasigoe.
(d) She will let Taeko elope with Itakura.
13. What do Sachiko, Teinosuke, Etsuko and O-Haru write to Yukiko?
(a) A poem.
(b) Each a long letter.
(c) A story meant to support her suffering.
(d) A short funny letter..
14. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
(a) Goes alone to her room and cries.
(b) Cleans in place of her sister.
(c) Argues with her sister.
(d) Brings male friends.
15. Who is Mrs. Itani?
(a) The family maid.
(b) The family hairdresser.
(c) The family Seemstress.
(d) The family card reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teinosuke notice on Sachiko?
2. What is Nomura's odd habit?
3. Who is the oldest sister?
4. How does Taeko plan on financing her endeavor?
5. Who is O-haru?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)