|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the main house organizing a ceremony?
(a) Sachiko's wedding anniversary.
(b) The anniversary of the death of the sisters' parents.
(c) The new year.
(d) The cherry blossoms.
2. What worries Sachiko even more after Mr. Stoltz returns?
(a) Mr. Stoltz tells her about seeing Teinosuke almost drowning.
(b) The description of the flood.
(c) The phones are down.
(d) Mr. Stoltz tells her about seeing flotting body.
3. Why is Taeko seeing Okubata according to her?
(a) Out of love.
(b) Out of obligation.
(c) To get presents.
(d) Out of pity.
4. What type of wife does Segoshi profess his preference for?
(b) Quiet and traditional.
(c) Accepting western influences.
5. Where is the main house of the Makioka family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the newspaper report as trying to elope?
2. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
3. Who does Rosemary spend her last night in Japan with?
4. Where do Taeko and Etsuko go while Sawazaki meets Yukiko?
5. Who chaperones Yukiko when meeting Mr. Hashidera?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)