|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Taeko receive from Katherine?
(a) She made her way to America.
(b) She married a wealthy man.
(c) She made friend with a nobleman.
(d) She settled in Germany.
2. Who tells Mrs. Itani about the canceled marriage?
3. Why do Sachiko, Yukiko, Etsuko and Taeko put on her fine clothes for the trip?
(a) They want to be noticed.
(b) They do not know when the meeting will be.
(c) They think the trip will be short.
(d) They want to make a good impression to the main house.
4. Where are Mrs Stoltz's children?
(a) At the park with the nany.
(b) At the theater.
(d) With their father.
5. What is said of Tsuruko's house?
(a) It is not as well made as older houses.
(b) It is nicer than older houses.
(c) It is better built than older houses.
(d) It has better plumbing than older houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves to the Stoltz's house?
2. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
3. What does Tsuruko say about Taeko and Okubata in the letter sent to Sachiko?
4. Why is Taeko seeing Okubata according to her?
5. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)