|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 6-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nomura's odd habit?
(a) Talking to himself.
(c) Going on long boat ride alone.
2. What does Sachiko decide while looking at the picture?
(a) She will let Taeko elope with Itakura.
(b) She will let Taeko go to Paris.
(c) She will let Yukiko marry Sasigoe.
(d) She will let Taeko move to Germany.
3. What does the visitor inquiring about Taeko bring?
(a) His camera.
(b) His boat.
(c) His car.
(d) His umbrella.
4. Why does Yukiko refuse to marry Nomura?
(a) He does not want to allow her to work.
(b) He is not rich enough.
(c) He is too hold for her.
(d) Because of the shrine to his wife and children he is keeping.
5. What do Taeko, Sachiko and Teinosuke think during the dinner?
(a) That the house is too small.
(b) That the hosts talk too much.
(c) That the portions of food are too large.
(d) That the food is too cooked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose clothes does Taeko wear when coming back home according to Book II Chapter 12?
2. What does Sachiko ask Yukiko in the car on their way home?
3. Where are Mrs Stoltz's children?
4. Why is Tatsuo slow to give an answer on the marriage?
5. Who visits Sachiko in Book II, Chapter 1?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)