|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sachiko tell Yukiko about?
(a) The scene at the recital.
(c) Taeko's affairs.
(d) The pictures Itakura took.
2. How does Taeko plan on financing her endeavor?
(a) By getting hired by the French family as a maid.
(b) By getting the money put aside for her marriage.
(c) By taking a loan.
(d) By saving from her doll business.
3. What is Nomura's odd habit?
(c) Talking to himself.
(d) Going on long boat ride alone.
4. Why is Sachiko angry at Yukiko?
(a) She said to Hashidera that she wanted to marry him.
(b) She invited Hashidera to the house.
(c) She refused to go walk with Hashidera.
(d) She went and met Hashidera without a chaperone.
5. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
(a) Taeko wants to elope.
(b) Taeko wants to become a dancer.
(c) Taeko wants to marry Okutaba.
(d) Taeko wants to marry Itakura.
Short Answer Questions
1. What photograph does Sachiko look at in Taeko's room?
2. What does Taeko plan on doing according to Book II, Chapter 1?
3. Why does Sachiko not want to urge Yukiko about a new suitor?
4. What is Yukiko's chaperone not sure of?
5. When did Katherina leave Russia?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)