|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Katherina leave Russia?
(a) When the Communists took power.
(b) After her birth.
(c) In 1929.
(d) When her father died.
2. Why does the main house stay in the small house in Tokyo?
(a) It is solidly built.
(b) Thei neighboor is an influencial man.
(c) It is in a nice neighborhood.
(d) It is inexpensive.
3. What does Yukiko say she will follow?
(a) Her own heart.
(b) The will of her husband.
(c) The decision of the family.
(d) The advice of Sachiko.
4. Who contacts Sachiko about Nomura?
(a) Mrs. Jimba.
(c) Mrs. Itani.
5. Who took over the Makioka family business at the death of the patriarch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Tatsuo and Tsuruko have to move into a smaller house?
2. Who does Sachiko receive a letter from in Book I, Chapters 23-29?
3. Who did the newspaper report as trying to elope?
4. What does Sachiko's illness culminate in?
5. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)