|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sachiko think of Mr. Hashidera?
(a) She likes him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is doubtful.
(d) She is indifferent.
2. Why do Tatsuo and Tsuruko have to move into a smaller house?
(a) Their lease was canceled on a bigger house.
(b) The price was lower.
(c) The house was more solidly built.
(d) The house was in a better neiborhood.
3. Who is Mrs. Stoltz packing with in Book II, Chapters 21-27?
(b) Her maids.
(c) Her younger children.
(d) Her husband.
4. What do Sachiko and Teinosuke tell to the main house to try to help her go to Paris?
(a) Taeko wants to marry Okutaba.
(b) Taeko wants to become a dancer.
(c) Taeko wants to marry Itakura.
(d) Taeko wants to elope.
5. What does Yukiko sometimes do in the main house?
(a) Cleans in place of her sister.
(b) Brings male friends.
(c) Argues with her sister.
(d) Goes alone to her room and cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Teinosuke go to meet Mr. Hashidera a few days after he visited Ashiya?
2. Why does Yukiko refuse to marry Nomura?
3. Who joins Mrs. Itani in the quest to find Yukiko a husband in Book III, Chapters 13-18?
4. Why does the main house stay in the small house in Tokyo?
5. Why does Hashidera call Yukiko?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)