|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Hashidera's profession?
2. Why is Tatsuo opposed to Taeko learning sewing?
(a) It would not be an asset in finding her a husband.
(b) The pay is low.
(c) He doesn't want her to be a working woman.
(d) It would be too costly.
3. What does Sachiko ask Teinosuke to approach the main house about?
(a) Taeko's wish to take on dancing.
(b) Taeko's plan to go to Paris.
(c) Taeko's wish to marry Itakura..
(d) Taeko's future as a working woman.
4. Who does Sachiko receive a letter from in Book I, Chapters 23-29?
(b) Mrs Itani.
5. Where is Taeko at the end of Book III, Chapters 13-18?
(a) At Taeko's teacher.
(b) At the main house.
(c) At Okubata's.
(d) With Sachiko.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mr. Hashidera's daughter?
2. Who is at fault for Yukiko's not marrying according to Teinosuke?
3. What becomes more frequent after the war with China escalates?
4. How many mistresses does Okubata have?
5. Who joins Mrs. Itani in the quest to find Yukiko a husband in Book III, Chapters 13-18?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)