|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes more frequent after the war with China escalates?
(b) Metal recycling drives.
2. Why is Tatsuo opposed to Taeko learning sewing?
(a) The pay is low.
(b) It would not be an asset in finding her a husband.
(c) He doesn't want her to be a working woman.
(d) It would be too costly.
3. Why does the main house stay in the small house in Tokyo?
(a) It is solidly built.
(b) Thei neighboor is an influencial man.
(c) It is inexpensive.
(d) It is in a nice neighborhood.
4. Why does Yukiko refuse to marry Nomura?
(a) Because of the shrine to his wife and children he is keeping.
(b) He is too hold for her.
(c) He is not rich enough.
(d) He does not want to allow her to work.
5. Who is Mrs. Stoltz packing with in Book II, Chapters 21-27?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her maids.
(d) Her younger children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Taeko at the end of Book III, Chapters 13-18?
2. Why is Sachiko angry at Yukiko?
3. How does Tainosuke explain to Hashidera why Yukiko never married?
4. What is Mr. Hashidera's profession?
5. Who is Mrs. Stoltz strict with?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)