|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Making of Chef Pardus and Chapter 7: You Understand What I Am Saying?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say that Michael was missing when he came to class?
(a) Knives and textbook.
(b) Hat and neckerchief.
(c) Hat and textbook.
(d) Knives and neckerchief.
2. What did Chef Pardus say that students were not supposed to do?
(a) Light the oven pilot light.
(b) Question the instructor.
(c) Wash their own uniforms.
(d) Bring utensils from home.
3. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
(a) Twentieth century.
(b) Nineteenth century.
(c) Seventeenth century.
(d) Eighteenth century.
4. What happened when roux stuck to the bottom of a student's pot?
(a) The sauce was to thick.
(b) Their sauce was ruined.
(c) They lost the thickening power of their sauce.
(d) They lost most of the flavor in their sauce.
5. What did Michael say that Mise en place meant?
(a) Put in place.
(b) Put in order.
(c) Put in style.
(d) Put in space.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chef Pardus say was an inexact science?
2. How long was Chef Pardus married?
3. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
4. What type of cooking did the students learn in the beginning of Culinary Skill Development 2?
5. What schedule was Chef Pardus on when Skills 2 began?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)