|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lunch Cookery and the Burnt Parsnip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first chance did Hot Foods give the students?
(a) To cook for their instructor.
(b) To develop a menu.
(c) To prepare meals.
(d) To cook for others.
2. What did McGee call the process of making sauce?
3. How did they remedy the problem with the chips?
(a) Made new ones.
(b) Put salt on them.
(c) Threw them out.
(d) Refried them.
4. How did Travis feel about being the sous chef on day one of Hot Foods?
5. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
(a) On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen.
(b) On Food and Cooking.
(c) Food Science in the Kitchen.
(d) Julia Child's book.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
2. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
3. What world did Michael say grew friendlier because he learned to harness and manipulate it?
4. When did CIA move to New York?
5. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)