|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lunch Cookery and the Burnt Parsnip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
(a) Brown Roux.
(c) Pale Roux.
2. Why was someone upset about the chips?
(a) They were too soggy.
(b) They were burnt.
(c) They were tasteless.
(d) They were soggy.
3. Who was the leader of Michael's table in Chef Pardus's class?
4. Who classified brown sauce as a mother sauce?
(a) Marie-Antoine Careme.
(b) Susan Careme.
(c) Michelle Careme.
(d) Joan Careme.
5. Why did Chef Pardus say that meat was seared?
(a) For color.
(b) For flavor, color and aroma.
(c) For aroma.
(d) For flavor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
2. How long did the students simmer the brown sauce?
3. What did Michael say was one of the best books he read on sauces?
4. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
5. What did Chef Pardus say that French chefs called their cooking flame?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)