|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lunch Cookery and the Burnt Parsnip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Chef Pardus say that meat was seared?
(a) For flavor.
(b) For flavor, color and aroma.
(c) For color.
(d) For aroma.
2. What was wrong with the chips that James fried?
(a) They were too big.
(b) They were soggy.
(c) They were burnt.
(d) They were too small.
3. What type of difference did Chef Pardus say there was between baking and roasting?
4. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
(a) Food Science in the Kitchen.
(b) On Food and Cooking.
(c) On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen.
(d) Julia Child's book.
5. How many days did Michael spend in his first cooking class before the routine kicked in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Michael's tablemate in Chef Pardus's class that had been a banker?
2. What did Michael discover was the tricky part of sandwich construction?
3. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
4. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
5. What was the last product that Michael made in skills class?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)