|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lunch Cookery and the Burnt Parsnip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Chef Pardus tell his students to read through twice before graduating?
(a) Food Science in the Kitchen.
(b) On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen.
(c) Julia Child's book.
(d) On Food and Cooking.
2. When was brown sauce classified as a mother sauce?
(a) Twentieth century.
(b) Eighteenth century.
(c) Seventeenth century.
(d) Nineteenth century.
3. What did McGee say could create astonishing changes in the taste of food?
(a) Different ingredients.
4. How many visitors did Michael say came to CIA each year?
5. What ingredient did Chef Pardus use in his version of brown sauce?
(a) Brown Roux.
(c) Pale Roux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Michael's tablemate in Chef Pardus's class that had been a banker?
2. Who did Michael go to ask about the brown roux debate?
3. What image flashed through Michael's mind when his car spun out?
4. Who was the leader of Michael's table in Chef Pardus's class?
5. What did Michael discover was the tricky part of sandwich construction?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)