|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sabine's decision about visiting with the Fetterses?
2. Who is injured by falling against the wall?
3. In Sabine's dream, what is Phan's profession?
4. Why does Kitty think Sabine will never want to see the family again?
5. When Sabine dreams of Phan on this night they are in what city?
Essay Topic 1
Does Patchett end the story on a note of hope for Sabine or the continuance of her struggle to come to terms with the loss of Parsifal in her life? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
The search for love is an important theme in THE MAGICIAN'S ASSISTANT. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)