Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabine show the boys before they go to school?
2. Where does Kitty take Sabine that Sabine has never been before?
3. Which of the following does Sabine NOT see when she watches The Tonight Show video?
4. What does Sabine do as Howard sits across the street from the house all day?
5. What does Dot do when Kitty and her family go home?
Essay Topic 1
What are the two major settings for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Patchett choose to use these places in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Kitty. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Kitty?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of living in denial. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience living in denial and then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)