|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Sabine not tell her nephews how the magic trick was done?
2. What is Sabine ready to do now?
3. Who does Sabine call to tell that she had arrived safely in Nebraska?
4. Dot tells Sabine that no matter where you go, __________________________.
5. What does the person in #85 think Sabine will want to do today?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sabine tell her parents about her visit with the Fetters family so far?
2. How do the stories about Albert Fetters make Sabine realize that Parsifal did what he had to do in order to survive?
3. How are Sabine's memories of the Tonight Show performance different from how the Fetters family views it?
4. Who is Howard Plate and what can be assumed by his behavior?
5. How does Sabine come to realize that Parsifal had had a hard life long before she met him?
6. Why does Dot take Sabine to the top of a knoll?
7. What does Sabine make of the kiss from Kitty?
8. How does Bertie and Haas' behavior at the hospital remind Sabine of Parsifal and Phan?
9. How is Parsifal's true past so different from the one Sabine had always envisioned?
10. What makes Sabine think about her father when Kitty speaks to her about her own boys?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Sabine. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Sabine?
Essay Topic 3
The search for love is an important theme in THE MAGICIAN'S ASSISTANT. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)