|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kitty thinks that her boys would have benefited from Guy's _____________________.
2. Who is injured by falling against the wall?
3. What does Dot do to help Sabine pass some time?
4. What does Sabine think of her father?
5. Kitty asks Sabine if Parsifal ever ______________________.
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Dot. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Dot?
Essay Topic 2
The search for love is an important theme in THE MAGICIAN'S ASSISTANT. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the two major settings for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Patchett choose to use these places in the novel?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)