|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Kitty's sons interested in Sabine?
2. Where does Dot take Sabine after Bertie receives medical treatment?
3. What does Sabine understand about Parsifal now?
4. Dot feels that she sent the message that she cared more for _______________________ than Parsifal.
5. Where does Dot go after talking to Sabine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so unique about Sabine's trip to Wal-Mart?
2. Why does Dot think that her expectation that Guy would come home cause her to lose him forever?
3. Who is Howard Plate and what can be assumed by his behavior?
4. How does Sabine come to realize that Parsifal had had a hard life long before she met him?
5. What makes Sabine think about her father when Kitty speaks to her about her own boys?
6. Why does Dot think that she handled the situation with Guy so poorly?
7. What is the result of Howard's feeling foolish during the magic trick?
8. Why does Kitty fear that Sabine will never want to visit the Fetters family again?
9. How are Sabine's memories of the Tonight Show performance different from how the Fetters family views it?
10. What does Sabine wonder about the residents of Alliance as they drive Bertie to the emergency room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Dot. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Dot?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Parsifal and Howard. Both men have been a big part of Kitty's life but have their hold on her in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 3
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)