|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabine show the boys before they go to school?
2. Where does Kitty take Sabine that Sabine has never been before?
3. Which of the following does Sabine NOT see when she watches The Tonight Show video?
4. What does Sabine do as Howard sits across the street from the house all day?
5. What does Dot do when Kitty and her family go home?
Essay Topic 1
The search for love is an important theme in THE MAGICIAN'S ASSISTANT. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Kitty. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Kitty?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)