|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabine do to Kitty the next morning?
2. Why does Sabine decide to stay in Alliance a little while longer?
3. Dot talks Sabine out of going to ____________________.
4. Why are Kitty's sons interested in Sabine?
5. How can Kitty's husband best be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sabine tell her parents about her visit with the Fetters family so far?
2. What does Sabine finally see in the Tonight Show performance?
3. How does Bertie and Haas' behavior at the hospital remind Sabine of Parsifal and Phan?
4. What makes Sabine wonder if the people she loved put on brave faces for her?
5. What does Sabine discover when she explores Parsifal's childhood room?
6. Who are Kitty's sons and what do they find fascinating about Sabine?
7. Why does Dot think that her expectation that Guy would come home cause her to lose him forever?
8. What news does Sabine tell the Fetters family that upsets them?
9. What does Sabine make of the kiss from Kitty?
10. How does the kiss from Kitty give Sabine some satisfaction over Howard and his threatening behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dot is baffled that Sabine would have married Parsifal who was a gay man. Why would Sabine commit to marrying Parsifal if he could not return her love in all ways possible? Why would she choose to share her husband with another man? Explain Sabine's complicated love.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Sabine. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Sabine?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of the family in THE MAGICIAN'S ASSISTANT. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is this family to most families living during the late 20th century? How does the triangular relationship between Parsifal, Phan and Sabine consist of a family of sorts?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)