|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sabine call to tell that she had arrived safely in Nebraska?
2. How can Kitty's husband best be described?
3. Where does Bertie want to go after her medical treatment?
4. What does Sabine spend the day doing in Parsifal's room?
5. What is Howard's last name?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ongoing conflict between Howard and the rest of the Fetters family. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? Why does Howard feel a special conflict with Sabine?
Essay Topic 3
The search for love is an important theme in THE MAGICIAN'S ASSISTANT. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)