|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Dot always expected would happen in her life?
2. Where does Bertie want to go after her medical treatment?
3. What does Sabine tell the Fetter family after they watch the video?
4. Which of the following does Sabine NOT see when she watches The Tonight Show video?
5. What does Sabine do to Kitty the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Sabine's memories of the Tonight Show performance different from how the Fetters family views it?
2. What does Sabine wonder about the residents of Alliance as they drive Bertie to the emergency room?
3. What is the result of Howard's feeling foolish during the magic trick?
4. Who are Kitty's sons and what do they find fascinating about Sabine?
5. What news does Sabine tell the Fetters family that upsets them?
6. What are the circumstances in which Kitty kisses Sabine?
7. What is Sabine's dream as she naps with Kitty?
8. What does Sabine make of the kiss from Kitty?
9. How does Sabine come to realize that Parsifal had had a hard life long before she met him?
10. Why does Dot think that she handled the situation with Guy so poorly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Sabine. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Sabine?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Kitty. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Kitty?
Essay Topic 3
Does Patchett end the story on a note of hope for Sabine or the continuance of her struggle to come to terms with the loss of Parsifal in her life? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)