Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabine do when she hears about the crime Parsifal committed?
2. Who does Dot talk to at Persifal's grave?
3. What message does Sabine get out of the dream she has?
4. Why does Sabine feel guilty regarding Kitty?
5. Where does Sabine take the Fetters when they arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sabine philosophize her life versus the one Parsifal had?
2. Describe Dot's visit at the cemetery.
3. What does Phan's dream visit mean for Sabine?
4. What had Parsifal always told Sabine about his family?
5. What shocking information does Sabine receive from Parsifal's attorney, Roger?
6. What does Sabine think of the cemetery where Parsifal and Phan are buried?
7. What does Dot's invitation to Sabine foreshadow for the story?
8. Why does Sabine make the decision to visit the Fetters family?
9. What card trick does Parsifal show Sabine in a dream?
10. How does Sabine finally understand why Parsifal had to escape his past?
Essay Topic 1
The search for love is an important theme in THE MAGICIAN'S ASSISTANT. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of the family in THE MAGICIAN'S ASSISTANT. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is this family to most families living during the late 20th century? How does the triangular relationship between Parsifal, Phan and Sabine consist of a family of sorts?
Essay Topic 3
Does Patchett end the story on a note of hope for Sabine or the continuance of her struggle to come to terms with the loss of Parsifal in her life? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)