|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Sabine not seem to get out of her mind?
2. Why does Sabine call Dot?
3. Dot had told Kitty that Parsifal had ___________________.
4. What television show had Parsifal and Sabine appeared on many years ago?
5. What do Sabine's parents advise her to do regarding Parsifal's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sabine make the decision to visit the Fetters family?
2. Who is Haas and what is his role in the story?
3. What shocking information does Sabine receive from Parsifal's attorney, Roger?
4. What does Sabine think of the cemetery where Parsifal and Phan are buried?
5. How does Sabine meet Parsifal's sister, Kitty?
6. Why does Sabine give Roger permission to call Parsifal's family and why does she not think they will contact her?
7. What does Kitty tell Sabine about how Parsifal killed his father?
8. What does Phan tell Sabine in a dream after Parsifal dies?
9. Where does Sabine take Parsifal's mother and sister on their second day in Los Angeles?
10. How do Sabine's parents feel about her going to Nebraska to visit Parsifal's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Dot. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Dot?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)