|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the hostess in the restaurant in #40?
2. Where does Salvio take Sabine and the Fetters to lunch?
3. Why did Sabine's parents not like the Canadian city?
4. Who is Guy Fetters?
5. What happens to Sabine when she is called onstage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dot think that her expectation that Guy would come home cause her to lose him forever?
2. Why did Sabine marry Parsifal, a gay man?
3. What does Phan tell Sabine about Parsifal coming around when he returns to her in a dream?
4. How do the stories about Albert Fetters make Sabine realize that Parsifal did what he had to do in order to survive?
5. How does Sabine finally understand why Parsifal had to escape his past?
6. What is Sabine's dream as she naps with Kitty?
7. What does Sabine finally see in the Tonight Show performance?
8. Who is Parsifal's mother and why does she call Sabine?
9. What does Sabine note about the Fetters' fitting in their Nebraska environment?
10. What is the result of Howard's feeling foolish during the magic trick?
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Sabine's life. Will magic be a powerful presence in her life? What is her relationship with the Fetters family? Did she develop a relationship with Kitty? Explain your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Sabine. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Sabine?
Essay Topic 3
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
This section contains 1,573 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)