|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dot feel about how she handled the family situation after her husband was killed?
(a) She got counseling to manage through it.
(b) She did an expert job.
(c) She handled it poorly.
(d) She did the best she could.
2. Why does Sabine like her visit so far with Parsifal's family?
(a) She likes the small town pace.
(b) She needed a vacation.
(c) She enjoys the quiet of the plains.
(d) She feels closer to Parsifal.
3. Where does Dot take Sabine after Bertie receives medical treatment?
(a) Her house.
(b) The reformatory.
(d) The top of a knoll.
4. Which of the following does Sabine NOT see when she watches The Tonight Show video?
(a) Parsifal is happy.
(b) Parsifal is doing what he loves.
(c) Parsifal is in shining health.
(d) Parsifal makes a mistake.
5. Who comes to see Sabine as she tries to fall asleep?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kitty ask Sabine to do at the kitchen table?
2. What does Sabine quietly whisper as she walks away from Howard?
3. What does Sabine understand about Parsifal now?
4. Kitty asks Sabine if Parsifal ever ______________________.
5. Who had released Parsifal from the locked location?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kitty returning home for awhile and how do Dot and Sabine view this differently?
2. What makes Sabine think about her father when Kitty speaks to her about her own boys?
3. What is so unique about Sabine's trip to Wal-Mart?
4. Why does Dot think that she handled the situation with Guy so poorly?
5. What news does Sabine tell the Fetters family that upsets them?
6. How does Sabine finally understand why Parsifal had to escape his past?
7. How does Sabine come to realize that Parsifal had had a hard life long before she met him?
8. Why does Dot take Sabine to the top of a knoll?
9. What makes Sabine wonder if the people she loved put on brave faces for her?
10. What is the result of Howard's feeling foolish during the magic trick?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)