|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bertie want to go after her medical treatment?
(a) Kitty's house.
(b) Her house.
(c) Haas' house.
(d) Dot's house.
2. When Sabine dreams of Phan on this night they are in what city?
(b) Los Angeles.
3. What do Sabine's parents want her to do?
(a) Take lots of pictures.
(b) Stay as long as she likes.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Come home.
4. Which of the following does Sabine NOT do during the next few days at the Fetters home?
(a) Does the dishes.
(b) Walks the dog.
(c) Cleans the house.
(d) Shovels the walk.
5. Where does Dot go after talking to Sabine?
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Bridge club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabine quietly whisper as she walks away from Howard?
2. What does Sabine spend the day doing in Parsifal's room?
3. Why does Kitty think Sabine will never want to see the family again?
4. Why can Sabine not tell her nephews how the magic trick was done?
5. Kitty thinks that her boys would have benefited from Guy's _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sabine finally understand why Parsifal had to escape his past?
2. How does Sabine come to realize that Parsifal had had a hard life long before she met him?
3. How does Bertie and Haas' behavior at the hospital remind Sabine of Parsifal and Phan?
4. How do the stories about Albert Fetters make Sabine realize that Parsifal did what he had to do in order to survive?
5. What does Sabine discover when she explores Parsifal's childhood room?
6. What is Sabine's dream as she naps with Kitty?
7. What does Sabine make of the kiss from Kitty?
8. What news does Sabine tell the Fetters family that upsets them?
9. What does Sabine wonder about the residents of Alliance as they drive Bertie to the emergency room?
10. Why does Dot take Sabine to the top of a knoll?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)