|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dot feel about how she handled the family situation after her husband was killed?
(a) She did the best she could.
(b) She got counseling to manage through it.
(c) She did an expert job.
(d) She handled it poorly.
2. What does Dot do when Kitty and her family go home?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Does the supper dishes.
(c) Pours drinks for her and Sabine.
(d) Watches the news.
3. What does Sabine realize about Alliance, Nebraska?
(a) It's quaint and charming.
(b) It's a nice place to raise a family.
(c) It's a lot harder getting out than getting in.
(d) It is a hell-hole.
4. What does Sabine tell the Fetter family after they watch the video?
(a) She wants to stay forever.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is ready to go home.
(d) She is not really Parsifal's wife.
5. Which of the following does Sabine NOT see when she watches The Tonight Show video?
(a) Parsifal is happy.
(b) Parsifal makes a mistake.
(c) Parsifal is in shining health.
(d) Parsifal is doing what he loves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Each night the Fetters watch a tape of which television program?
2. Who comes to see Sabine as she tries to fall asleep?
3. Which Fetters child is named after Mr. Fetters?
4. Where does Dot take Sabine after Bertie receives medical treatment?
5. What does Sabine wonder about her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dot think that she handled the situation with Guy so poorly?
2. What makes Sabine wonder if the people she loved put on brave faces for her?
3. How does the kiss from Kitty give Sabine some satisfaction over Howard and his threatening behavior?
4. Why does Dot take Sabine to the top of a knoll?
5. Who are Kitty's sons and what do they find fascinating about Sabine?
6. Who is Howard Plate and what can be assumed by his behavior?
7. What are the circumstances in which Kitty kisses Sabine?
8. What makes Sabine think about her father when Kitty speaks to her about her own boys?
9. What does Sabine tell her parents about her visit with the Fetters family so far?
10. What is the result of Howard's feeling foolish during the magic trick?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)