|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sabine thinks that none of life's troubles ever showed on _____________ face.
(a) her own.
(d) her mother's.
2. What does Sabine do as Howard sits across the street from the house all day?
(a) Talks on the phone.
(b) Cleans the house.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Takes a nap.
3. Kitty tells Sabine that Parsifal had once been locked in ___________________.
(a) a coffin.
(b) a basement.
(c) a shed.
(d) a refrigerator.
4. What item has caused Bertie's injury?
5. Each night the Fetters watch a tape of which television program?
(a) The Simpsons.
(b) I Love Lucy.
(d) The Tonight Show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sabine like her visit so far with Parsifal's family?
2. Kitty tells Sabine that having Sabine around is like ______________________.
3. Who had released Parsifal from the locked location?
4. How does Dot feel about how she handled the family situation after her husband was killed?
5. Who meets with Sabine in the kitchen the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sabine wonder about the residents of Alliance as they drive Bertie to the emergency room?
2. Why does Dot think that she handled the situation with Guy so poorly?
3. Why does Sabine realize a newfound respect for Howard?
4. Who is Howard Plate and what can be assumed by his behavior?
5. What is so unique about Sabine's trip to Wal-Mart?
6. Why is Kitty returning home for awhile and how do Dot and Sabine view this differently?
7. How does Sabine finally understand why Parsifal had to escape his past?
8. Why does Kitty fear that Sabine will never want to visit the Fetters family again?
9. How does Bertie and Haas' behavior at the hospital remind Sabine of Parsifal and Phan?
10. How does Sabine come to realize that Parsifal had had a hard life long before she met him?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)