|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Howard's last name?
2. Dot talks Sabine out of going to ____________________.
(a) the airport.
(b) the cemetery.
(c) the boys' reformatory.
3. What does the person in #85 think Sabine will want to do today?
(a) Go to the airport.
(b) Go to the cemetery.
(c) Go out for lunch.
(d) Go to the outlet mall.
4. Who comes to see Sabine as she tries to fall asleep?
5. Why are Kitty's sons interested in Sabine?
(a) She is related to them by marriage.
(b) She can do magic tricks.
(c) She grew up in Hawaii.
(d) She has a big home in Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sabine think the Fetters family must think she is odd?
2. Why can Sabine not tell her nephews how the magic trick was done?
3. Kitty tells Sabine that having Sabine around is like ______________________.
4. Kitty tells Sabine that Parsifal had once been locked in ___________________.
5. Kitty thinks that her boys would have benefited from Guy's _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sabine's views of the world differ from Dot's perspective?
2. What are the circumstances in which Kitty kisses Sabine?
3. How does Sabine finally understand why Parsifal had to escape his past?
4. What makes Sabine think about her father when Kitty speaks to her about her own boys?
5. What does Sabine finally see in the Tonight Show performance?
6. Why does Dot take Sabine to the top of a knoll?
7. What makes Sabine wonder if the people she loved put on brave faces for her?
8. What does Sabine tell her parents about her visit with the Fetters family so far?
9. Who are Kitty's sons and what do they find fascinating about Sabine?
10. Why does Dot think that her expectation that Guy would come home cause her to lose him forever?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)