|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kitty asks Sabine if Parsifal ever ______________________.
(a) went to college.
(b) wanted to come home again.
(c) mentioned Kitty.
(d) sawed her in half.
2. Bertie is the only one in the Fetters family who has never _______________.
(a) been married.
(b) left Nebraska.
(c) had stitches.
(d) gone to college.
3. What town in Nebraska does the Fetters family live in?
4. Sabine recalls that Phan was ____________ in the life he built for himself.
5. When Sabine dreams of Phan on this night they are in what city?
(c) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sabine's decision about visiting with the Fetterses?
2. Why does Kitty think Sabine will never want to see the family again?
3. What does Sabine realize about Alliance, Nebraska?
4. What medical treatment does Bertie require?
5. What is shocking about the visit from the person in #161?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Sabine tell the Fetters family that upsets them?
2. Who are Kitty's sons and what do they find fascinating about Sabine?
3. Who is Howard Plate and what can be assumed by his behavior?
4. Why does Sabine realize a newfound respect for Howard?
5. How does Sabine come to realize that Parsifal had had a hard life long before she met him?
6. How do Sabine's views of the world differ from Dot's perspective?
7. How does Sabine finally understand why Parsifal had to escape his past?
8. What are the circumstances in which Kitty kisses Sabine?
9. How does Bertie and Haas' behavior at the hospital remind Sabine of Parsifal and Phan?
10. What is so unique about Sabine's trip to Wal-Mart?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)