|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertie order Howard to do after she is hurt?
(a) Get the first-aid kit.
(b) Call 9-1-1.
(c) Bring some ice.
(d) Leave the house.
2. Who had released Parsifal from the locked location?
(a) Mr. Fetters.
(b) Mrs. Fetters.
3. Why does Sabine think the Fetters family must think she is odd?
(a) She married their gay brother.
(b) She stays up all night.
(c) She drinks herbal tea.
(d) She weaves her own fabric.
4. What does Dot do to help Sabine pass some time?
(a) Asks her to find new recipes.
(b) Enrolls her in night classes.
(c) Takes her to bridge club.
(d) Checks out library books.
5. What does Sabine quietly whisper as she walks away from Howard?
(a) She has a gun.
(b) She kissed Kitty.
(c) She is calling the cops.
(d) She loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dot do when Kitty and her family go home?
2. How does Dot feel about how she handled the family situation after her husband was killed?
3. Each night the Fetters watch a tape of which television program?
4. Which family member do the others avoid at dinner at the Fetters home?
5. When Sabine dreams of Phan on this night they are in what city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sabine tell her parents about her visit with the Fetters family so far?
2. How is Parsifal's true past so different from the one Sabine had always envisioned?
3. How does Bertie and Haas' behavior at the hospital remind Sabine of Parsifal and Phan?
4. Who are Kitty's sons and what do they find fascinating about Sabine?
5. What is Sabine's dream as she naps with Kitty?
6. Why does Sabine realize a newfound respect for Howard?
7. How do the stories about Albert Fetters make Sabine realize that Parsifal did what he had to do in order to survive?
8. What does Sabine finally see in the Tonight Show performance?
9. Why does Dot take Sabine to the top of a knoll?
10. Why does Kitty fear that Sabine will never want to visit the Fetters family again?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)