|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dot tells Sabine that no matter where you go, __________________________.
(a) there is someone to love you.
(b) you can't escape your past.
(c) there are people who will help you.
(d) there are people with problems.
2. Dot talks Sabine out of going to ____________________.
(b) the boys' reformatory.
(c) the airport.
(d) the cemetery.
3. Kitty tells Sabine that Parsifal had once been locked in ___________________.
(a) a shed.
(b) a coffin.
(c) a basement.
(d) a refrigerator.
4. What do Sabine's parents want her to do?
(a) Come home.
(b) Take lots of pictures.
(c) Stay as long as she likes.
(d) Write a book.
5. In what way are Kitty and her mother alike?
(a) They both had abusive husbands.
(b) They have infectious laughs.
(c) They have beautiful teeth.
(d) They have black, curly hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sabine think deserved to be the real magician's assistant?
2. Why does Sabine think the Fetters family must think she is odd?
3. Who had released Parsifal from the locked location?
4. Why does Kitty think Sabine will never want to see the family again?
5. What town in Nebraska does the Fetters family live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sabine discover when she explores Parsifal's childhood room?
2. Why does Dot think that she handled the situation with Guy so poorly?
3. How does Sabine finally understand why Parsifal had to escape his past?
4. What does Sabine wonder about the residents of Alliance as they drive Bertie to the emergency room?
5. Who are Kitty's sons and what do they find fascinating about Sabine?
6. Who is Howard Plate and what can be assumed by his behavior?
7. How do the stories about Albert Fetters make Sabine realize that Parsifal did what he had to do in order to survive?
8. What news does Sabine tell the Fetters family that upsets them?
9. What does Sabine tell her parents about her visit with the Fetters family so far?
10. What is the result of Howard's feeling foolish during the magic trick?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)