|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the family take Bertie after her injury?
(a) Her doctor's office.
(b) The emergency room.
(c) Her home.
(d) A clinic.
2. Where does Bertie want to go after her medical treatment?
(a) Dot's house.
(b) Haas' house.
(c) Her house.
(d) Kitty's house.
3. Where does Dot go after talking to Sabine?
(a) Bridge club.
(d) Grocery store.
4. What kind of magic trick does Sabine do for Kitty?
(a) A disappearing trick.
(b) A levitating trick.
(c) A card trick.
(d) A rabbit trick.
5. How does Dot feel about how she handled the family situation after her husband was killed?
(a) She did the best she could.
(b) She got counseling to manage through it.
(c) She handled it poorly.
(d) She did an expert job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie order Howard to do after she is hurt?
2. Kitty asks Sabine if Parsifal ever ______________________.
3. Which Fetters child is named after Mr. Fetters?
4. What do Sabine's parents want her to do?
5. Who comes to see Sabine as she tries to fall asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kitty fear that Sabine will never want to visit the Fetters family again?
2. Why does Dot take Sabine to the top of a knoll?
3. What makes Sabine wonder if the people she loved put on brave faces for her?
4. How does Sabine finally understand why Parsifal had to escape his past?
5. Why is Kitty returning home for awhile and how do Dot and Sabine view this differently?
6. How is Parsifal's true past so different from the one Sabine had always envisioned?
7. How does Sabine come to realize that Parsifal had had a hard life long before she met him?
8. How do Sabine's views of the world differ from Dot's perspective?
9. What are the circumstances in which Kitty kisses Sabine?
10. How does Bertie and Haas' behavior at the hospital remind Sabine of Parsifal and Phan?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)