|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dot do when Kitty and her family go home?
(a) Watches the news.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Does the supper dishes.
(d) Pours drinks for her and Sabine.
2. What does the person in #85 think Sabine will want to do today?
(a) Go to the outlet mall.
(b) Go to the airport.
(c) Go out for lunch.
(d) Go to the cemetery.
3. What had Dot always expected would happen in her life?
(a) She would hit the lottery.
(b) She would remarry.
(c) Guy would come home.
(d) She would move to a warmer place.
4. How can Kitty's husband best be described?
(a) He is a bully.
(b) He is passive.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is laid back.
5. Dot talks Sabine out of going to ____________________.
(a) the airport.
(b) the cemetery.
(d) the boys' reformatory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets with Sabine in the kitchen the next morning?
2. In Sabine's dream, what is Phan's profession?
3. Why does Sabine think the Fetters family must think she is odd?
4. Sabine tells Kitty that Parsifal built his business on _____________ bought at a flea market.
5. What does Sabine spend the day doing in Parsifal's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sabine come to realize that Parsifal had had a hard life long before she met him?
2. What makes Sabine wonder if the people she loved put on brave faces for her?
3. What does Sabine wonder about the residents of Alliance as they drive Bertie to the emergency room?
4. How does the kiss from Kitty give Sabine some satisfaction over Howard and his threatening behavior?
5. How is Parsifal's true past so different from the one Sabine had always envisioned?
6. How do the stories about Albert Fetters make Sabine realize that Parsifal did what he had to do in order to survive?
7. Why is Kitty returning home for awhile and how do Dot and Sabine view this differently?
8. What does Sabine make of the kiss from Kitty?
9. Why does Sabine realize a newfound respect for Howard?
10. Who is Howard Plate and what can be assumed by his behavior?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)