|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kitty's husband?
2. Why are Kitty's sons interested in Sabine?
(a) She has a big home in Los Angeles.
(b) She is related to them by marriage.
(c) She grew up in Hawaii.
(d) She can do magic tricks.
3. Which of the following does Sabine NOT see when she watches The Tonight Show video?
(a) Parsifal is doing what he loves.
(b) Parsifal is in shining health.
(c) Parsifal makes a mistake.
(d) Parsifal is happy.
4. What has the family forgotten to do for the last two weeks?
(a) Have the car serviced.
(b) Go to the grocery.
(c) Watch the Tonight Show tape.
(d) Check the mail.
5. What had Dot always expected would happen in her life?
(a) She would move to a warmer place.
(b) Guy would come home.
(c) She would remarry.
(d) She would hit the lottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sabine choose to help her in a trick?
2. What does Bertie order Howard to do after she is hurt?
3. How does Dot feel about how she handled the family situation after her husband was killed?
4. What does Howard tell Sabine when he encounters her outside the Fetter home?
5. What does Sabine do as Howard sits across the street from the house all day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Sabine think about her father when Kitty speaks to her about her own boys?
2. How is Parsifal's true past so different from the one Sabine had always envisioned?
3. What are the circumstances in which Kitty kisses Sabine?
4. What is the result of Howard's feeling foolish during the magic trick?
5. What does Sabine make of the kiss from Kitty?
6. What is so unique about Sabine's trip to Wal-Mart?
7. What news does Sabine tell the Fetters family that upsets them?
8. Why does Sabine realize a newfound respect for Howard?
9. Who is Howard Plate and what can be assumed by his behavior?
10. What makes Sabine wonder if the people she loved put on brave faces for her?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)