|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Sabine when she is called onstage?
(a) She has a panic attack.
(b) She does part of her act.
(c) She cries.
(d) She faints.
2. Who is Salvio?
(a) He is Sabine's tenant.
(b) He is Sabine's therapist.
(c) He runs the rug store.
(d) He is a masseuse.
3. Where does Sabine take the Fetters when they arrive?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A drug store.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) A hotel.
4. What is included in a letter that Dot sends to Sabine?
(a) An airline ticket.
(b) A ticket stub.
(c) A check.
(d) Four photos.
5. Sabine thinks about how she was not entitled to ____________________.
(a) Parsifal's estate.
(b) make judgments about the Fetters family.
(c) the family she received.
(d) pry into Parsifal's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Sabine to the hotel for a couple of drinks?
2. What was the cause of Phan's death?
3. Where does Parsifal die?
4. Dot had told Kitty that Parsifal had ___________________.
5. Who does Dot talk to at Persifal's grave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What thought comforts Sabine when her small plane experiences turbulence and she thinks she may die?
2. What does Sabine note about the Fetters' fitting in their Nebraska environment?
3. What had Parsifal always told Sabine about his family?
4. How does The Magician's Assistant begin?
5. Who is Haas and what is his role in the story?
6. Where does Sabine take Parsifal's mother and sister on their second day in Los Angeles?
7. How does Sabine philosophize her life versus the one Parsifal had?
8. What shocking information does Sabine receive from Parsifal's attorney, Roger?
9. Why does Sabine feel that she cannot stay in the big house any longer?
10. What does Dot's invitation to Sabine foreshadow for the story?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)