|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sabine's parents feel that meeting the Fetters was _________________.
(a) a very therapeutic thing to do.
(b) a courageous thing to do.
(c) not a good thing for Sabine.
(d) the best thing Sabine could do.
2. Who is Kitty?
(a) Parsifal's ex-wife.
(b) Parsifal's sister.
(c) Parsifal's grandmother.
(d) Parsifal's mother.
3. Where does Sabine want to go despite Dot's protests?
(a) A psychic.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The liquor store.
(d) The magic shop.
4. Where is the first place Sabine takes the Fetters in Los Angeles?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A museum.
(c) A drug store.
(d) The rug store.
5. Who is Parsifal's attorney?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of rug is on the floor of Parsifal's childhood bedroom?
2. What do Sabine's parents advise her to do regarding Parsifal's parents?
3. Which of the following was NOT Parsifal's role in Sabine's life?
4. Who is supposed to make supper but is not at home at the Fetters household?
5. What surprising news does Sabine learn about Parsifal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Parsifal leave home at an early age never to return?
2. How does Sabine meet Parsifal's sister, Kitty?
3. What does Phan tell Sabine in a dream after Parsifal dies?
4. Describe Dot's visit at the cemetery.
5. What thought comforts Sabine when her small plane experiences turbulence and she thinks she may die?
6. Why does Sabine give Roger permission to call Parsifal's family and why does she not think they will contact her?
7. What does Dot's invitation to Sabine foreshadow for the story?
8. Why is lunch at the Magic Castle a bittersweet experience for Sabine?
9. What does Dot tell Sabine about Kitty's belief that Parsifal had a photo of Kitty in his room?
10. How do Sabine's parents feel about her going to Nebraska to visit Parsifal's family?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)