|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sabine ask to call Parsifal's parents?
(d) Her father.
2. What does Sabine purchase for the visit?
3. Why did Kitty want her father to be dead when he fell to the floor?
(a) So he would stop abusing her.
(b) So the family could live without anger.
(c) So it would be quiet in the house.
(d) So he would not get up and kill Parsifal.
4. Sabine and Parsifal's marriage was one of ________________.
5. Sabine's parents feel that meeting the Fetters was _________________.
(a) a very therapeutic thing to do.
(b) the best thing Sabine could do.
(c) not a good thing for Sabine.
(d) a courageous thing to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phan say that Parsifal is not ready to come visit her?
2. Who does Dot talk to at Persifal's grave?
3. Where does Salvio take Sabine and the Fetters to lunch?
4. Where is Parsifal's hometown?
5. Dot had told Kitty that Parsifal had ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Parsifal's mother and why does she call Sabine?
2. How does The Magician's Assistant begin?
3. What does Phan's dream visit mean for Sabine?
4. What does Sabine think of the cemetery where Parsifal and Phan are buried?
5. How does Sabine philosophize her life versus the one Parsifal had?
6. What does Dot's invitation to Sabine foreshadow for the story?
7. What does Kitty tell Sabine about how Parsifal killed his father?
8. Where does Sabine take Parsifal's mother and sister on their second day in Los Angeles?
9. What does Sabine note about the Fetters' fitting in their Nebraska environment?
10. What had Parsifal always told Sabine about his family?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)