|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Parsifal's attorney come to see Sabine?
(a) He has important news for her.
(b) He wants to give his condolences.
(c) He needs her signature on some documents.
(d) He wants to invite her to dinner.
2. Where does Sabine want to go despite Dot's protests?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) A psychic.
(c) The magic shop.
(d) The liquor store.
3. What does Sabine do during the days after Parsifal's death?
(a) Goes to church.
(b) Cleans the house.
(c) Stays in bed.
(d) Goes to work.
4. What is the name of Sabine's pet rabbit?
(b) Mr. Tail.
5. What was the cause of Phan's death?
(a) Heart attack.
(d) Boating accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Kitty want her father to be dead when he fell to the floor?
2. What does Sabine think about when the plane hits turbulence?
3. What is the subject of a painting hanging in the Fetters' home?
4. At what age did Parsifal leave home for good?
5. What does Dot notice at Sabine's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conclusion does Sabine come to regarding Parsifal's denial of any living family?
2. What does Dot tell Sabine about Kitty's belief that Parsifal had a photo of Kitty in his room?
3. Why does the Magic Castle experience jolt Sabine into reality about her life?
4. What does Sabine think of the cemetery where Parsifal and Phan are buried?
5. Describe Dot's visit at the cemetery.
6. What does Phan tell Sabine in a dream after Parsifal dies?
7. Who is Parsifal's mother and why does she call Sabine?
8. Why did Sabine marry Parsifal, a gay man?
9. What thought comforts Sabine when her small plane experiences turbulence and she thinks she may die?
10. Who is Haas and what is his role in the story?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)