|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first place Sabine takes the Fetters in Los Angeles?
(a) A drug store.
(b) A museum.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The rug store.
2. Who is Dot's daughter who has accompanied her to Los Angeles?
3. Dot had told Kitty that Parsifal had ___________________.
(a) a picture of her in his bedroom.
(b) a thriving furniture store.
(c) a really bad temper.
(d) a penchant for sweets.
4. Who does Dot talk to at Persifal's grave?
(a) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
5. Why does Parsifal's attorney come to see Sabine?
(a) He needs her signature on some documents.
(b) He wants to invite her to dinner.
(c) He wants to give his condolences.
(d) He has important news for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is included in a letter that Dot sends to Sabine?
2. Why does Sabine call Dot?
3. What type of rug is on the floor of Parsifal's childhood bedroom?
4. What does Sabine do during the days after Parsifal's death?
5. What is the subject of a painting hanging in the Fetters' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Phan's dream visit mean for Sabine?
2. Why does Sabine feel that she cannot stay in the big house any longer?
3. What does Phan tell Sabine about Parsifal coming around when he returns to her in a dream?
4. Why does the Magic Castle experience jolt Sabine into reality about her life?
5. What does Dot tell Sabine about Kitty's belief that Parsifal had a photo of Kitty in his room?
6. How does The Magician's Assistant begin?
7. Who is Parsifal's mother and why does she call Sabine?
8. Why did Sabine marry Parsifal, a gay man?
9. How does Sabine meet Parsifal's sister, Kitty?
10. How does Sabine philosophize her life versus the one Parsifal had?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)