|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kitty tells Sabine that _____________ was supposed to be the magician's assistant.
2. Who does Sabine dream about?
3. Where does Sabine sleep while visiting the Fetters?
(a) In Parsifal's bed.
(b) At a motel.
(c) On a rollaway bed.
(d) In a guest room.
4. Who is Salvio?
(a) He is a masseuse.
(b) He is Sabine's therapist.
(c) He is Sabine's tenant.
(d) He runs the rug store.
5. What does Sabine note about the woman she sees in the kitchen?
(a) She has shocking red hair.
(b) She looks just like Parsifal.
(c) She is deaf.
(d) She has been crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Salvio take Sabine and the Fetters to lunch?
2. Who was Phan?
3. What is the name of Sabine's pet rabbit?
4. What type of rug is on the floor of Parsifal's childhood bedroom?
5. What kind of relationship did Kitty once have with Guy when they were younger?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sabine's parents feel about her going to Nebraska to visit Parsifal's family?
2. Why does Sabine give Roger permission to call Parsifal's family and why does she not think they will contact her?
3. How does Sabine philosophize her life versus the one Parsifal had?
4. Why did Parsifal leave home at an early age never to return?
5. Describe Dot's visit at the cemetery.
6. Why is lunch at the Magic Castle a bittersweet experience for Sabine?
7. Why does Sabine make the decision to visit the Fetters family?
8. Why does Sabine feel that she cannot stay in the big house any longer?
9. What does Sabine note about the Fetters' fitting in their Nebraska environment?
10. What are Sabine's perceptions of Kitty?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)