|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Sabine not seem to get out of her mind?
(a) Moving to Europe.
(b) Visiting the Fetters.
(c) Starting a retail business.
(d) Changing the magic act.
2. Where does Sabine want to go despite Dot's protests?
(a) The magic shop.
(b) The liquor store.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) A psychic.
3. What is the name of Sabine's pet rabbit?
(b) Mr. Tail.
4. Who invites Sabine to the hotel for a couple of drinks?
5. Kitty tells Sabine that _____________ was supposed to be the magician's assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sabine dream about?
2. What kind of relationship did Kitty once have with Guy when they were younger?
3. Who is supposed to make supper but is not at home at the Fetters household?
4. What type of rug is on the floor of Parsifal's childhood bedroom?
5. What does Sabine do during the days after Parsifal's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sabine's views of the world differ from Dot's perspective?
2. How does Sabine come to realize that Parsifal had had a hard life long before she met him?
3. How does Sabine meet Parsifal's sister, Kitty?
4. What does Sabine discover when she explores Parsifal's childhood room?
5. What does Dot's invitation to Sabine foreshadow for the story?
6. How does Sabine finally understand why Parsifal had to escape his past?
7. Why does Sabine realize a newfound respect for Howard?
8. Why is Kitty returning home for awhile and how do Dot and Sabine view this differently?
9. Why did Sabine marry Parsifal, a gay man?
10. What does Sabine tell her parents about her visit with the Fetters family so far?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)