|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Parsifal sent after committing a crime?
(a) Boys Reformatory.
(b) Boarding school.
2. Sabine thinks that leaving Nebraska ________________.
(a) was a mistake for Parsifal.
(b) was a questionable choice for Parsifal.
(c) saved Parsifal.
(d) had no impact on Parsifal.
3. Who is doing a magic show at the location in #40?
(b) Sam Spender.
(d) Monty the Magnificent.
4. Who is Salvio?
(a) He is Sabine's therapist.
(b) He is Sabine's tenant.
(c) He runs the rug store.
(d) He is a masseuse.
5. What is the subject of a painting hanging in the Fetters' home?
(a) Covered bridge.
(d) Still life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Parsifal's hometown?
2. What is the name of Sabine's pet rabbit?
3. Dot had told Kitty that Parsifal had ___________________.
4. Sabine and Parsifal's marriage was one of ________________.
5. Who goes into hysterics on the flight from Denver to Scottsbluff?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sabine meet Parsifal's sister, Kitty?
2. Who is Haas and what is his role in the story?
3. What does Sabine think of the cemetery where Parsifal and Phan are buried?
4. How does Sabine philosophize her life versus the one Parsifal had?
5. What does Dot's invitation to Sabine foreshadow for the story?
6. What conclusion does Sabine come to regarding Parsifal's denial of any living family?
7. What does Phan tell Sabine about Parsifal coming around when he returns to her in a dream?
8. What are Sabine's perceptions of Kitty?
9. What does Dot tell Sabine about Kitty's belief that Parsifal had a photo of Kitty in his room?
10. Why does Sabine feel that she cannot stay in the big house any longer?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)