|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is doing a magic show at the location in #40?
(a) Monty the Magnificent.
(d) Sam Spender.
2. What does Sabine do when she hears about the crime Parsifal committed?
(c) Drops her cigarette.
3. Dot had told Kitty that Parsifal had ___________________.
(a) a picture of her in his bedroom.
(b) a thriving furniture store.
(c) a really bad temper.
(d) a penchant for sweets.
4. In what state do the Fetters live?
5. What can Sabine not seem to get out of her mind?
(a) Moving to Europe.
(b) Changing the magic act.
(c) Starting a retail business.
(d) Visiting the Fetters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Salvio?
2. Why does Parsifal's attorney come to see Sabine?
3. Who had purchased a cemetery plot for Sabine?
4. Where does Sabine want to go despite Dot's protests?
5. Who is Bertie's fiance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Sabine think about her father when Kitty speaks to her about her own boys?
2. How has Kitty become a source of comfort and possible love for Sabine?
3. What does Sabine tell her parents about her visit with the Fetters family so far?
4. How do Sabine's parents feel about her going to Nebraska to visit Parsifal's family?
5. What does Phan tell Sabine in a dream after Parsifal dies?
6. Why is lunch at the Magic Castle a bittersweet experience for Sabine?
7. What is Sabine's dream as she naps with Kitty?
8. Who are Kitty's sons and what do they find fascinating about Sabine?
9. What thought comforts Sabine when her small plane experiences turbulence and she thinks she may die?
10. Why does Dot think that her expectation that Guy would come home cause her to lose him forever?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)