|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Parsifal left Roger at the time of Parsifal's death?
(a) Burial instructions.
(b) Secret spy documents.
(c) Lots of unpaid bills.
(d) A Trust and letter of instructions.
2. How was Parsifal's father killed?
(b) A blow to the head.
(c) A car accident.
(d) Stabbed to death.
3. Parsifal had told Sabine that his family was from what state?
4. Sabine thinks about how she was not entitled to ____________________.
(a) pry into Parsifal's life.
(b) the family she received.
(c) make judgments about the Fetters family.
(d) Parsifal's estate.
5. What can Sabine not seem to get out of her mind?
(a) Changing the magic act.
(b) Visiting the Fetters.
(c) Moving to Europe.
(d) Starting a retail business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sabine's parents advise her to do regarding Parsifal's parents?
2. Who was Phan?
3. What is included in a letter that Dot sends to Sabine?
4. Who is Kitty?
5. Why did Sabine's parents not like the Canadian city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Phan tell Sabine in a dream after Parsifal dies?
2. What does Dot tell Sabine about Kitty's belief that Parsifal had a photo of Kitty in his room?
3. Why does Sabine feel that she cannot stay in the big house any longer?
4. How does Sabine meet Parsifal's sister, Kitty?
5. What does Dot's invitation to Sabine foreshadow for the story?
6. What had Parsifal always told Sabine about his family?
7. What does Sabine think of the cemetery where Parsifal and Phan are buried?
8. What thought comforts Sabine when her small plane experiences turbulence and she thinks she may die?
9. What does Kitty tell Sabine about how Parsifal killed his father?
10. Describe Dot's visit at the cemetery.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)