|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sabine sleep while visiting the Fetters?
(a) At a motel.
(b) In a guest room.
(c) In Parsifal's bed.
(d) On a rollaway bed.
2. Sabine's parents feel that meeting the Fetters was _________________.
(a) the best thing Sabine could do.
(b) a courageous thing to do.
(c) not a good thing for Sabine.
(d) a very therapeutic thing to do.
3. What surprising news does Sabine learn about Parsifal?
(a) He left her nothing in his will.
(b) He has a family she never knew about.
(c) He had a daughter from a previous marriage.
(d) He was having an affair with her sister.
4. What does Sabine think about when the plane hits turbulence?
(a) She prays for the pilot's skill.
(b) She says prayers.
(c) She categorizes her belongings.
(d) She thinks of her wedding.
5. What message does Sabine get out of the dream she has?
(a) She is not alone.
(b) She is too sad.
(c) She should re-marry.
(d) She should travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of rug is on the floor of Parsifal's childhood bedroom?
2. Why can Sabine no longer stay in her home?
3. Who is Dot's daughter who did not accompany her to Los Angeles?
4. Who was Phan?
5. What is included in a letter that Dot sends to Sabine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Phan tell Sabine about Parsifal coming around when he returns to her in a dream?
2. Why does the Magic Castle experience jolt Sabine into reality about her life?
3. What does Sabine note about the Fetters' fitting in their Nebraska environment?
4. Why is lunch at the Magic Castle a bittersweet experience for Sabine?
5. What does Dot's invitation to Sabine foreshadow for the story?
6. What thought comforts Sabine when her small plane experiences turbulence and she thinks she may die?
7. What had Parsifal always told Sabine about his family?
8. Why does Sabine give Roger permission to call Parsifal's family and why does she not think they will contact her?
9. Why did Parsifal leave home at an early age never to return?
10. What does Dot tell Sabine about Kitty's belief that Parsifal had a photo of Kitty in his room?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)