|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is included in a letter that Dot sends to Sabine?
(a) Four photos.
(b) A check.
(c) An airline ticket.
(d) A ticket stub.
2. What can Sabine not seem to get out of her mind?
(a) Starting a retail business.
(b) Visiting the Fetters.
(c) Changing the magic act.
(d) Moving to Europe.
3. Where does Sabine sleep while visiting the Fetters?
(a) At a motel.
(b) In Parsifal's bed.
(c) In a guest room.
(d) On a rollaway bed.
4. What does Sabine note about all the houses in Nebraska?
(a) They are all ranch style.
(b) They all look the same.
(c) They are very far apart.
(d) They are all stucco.
5. What does Sabine note about the woman she sees in the kitchen?
(a) She looks just like Parsifal.
(b) She has been crying.
(c) She is deaf.
(d) She has shocking red hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sabine's parents feel that meeting the Fetters was _________________.
2. What does Sabine do when she hears about the crime Parsifal committed?
3. What do Sabine's parents advise her to do regarding Parsifal's parents?
4. Who is Bertie's fiance?
5. What does Sabine do during the days after Parsifal's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Phan's dream visit mean for Sabine?
2. Why does Sabine feel that she cannot stay in the big house any longer?
3. What conclusion does Sabine come to regarding Parsifal's denial of any living family?
4. Who is Parsifal's mother and why does she call Sabine?
5. What had Parsifal always told Sabine about his family?
6. How does Sabine philosophize her life versus the one Parsifal had?
7. Where does Sabine take Parsifal's mother and sister on their second day in Los Angeles?
8. Why did Sabine marry Parsifal, a gay man?
9. What does Phan tell Sabine about Parsifal coming around when he returns to her in a dream?
10. Why did Parsifal leave home at an early age never to return?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)