|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bertie want to go after her medical treatment?
(a) Dot's house.
(b) Kitty's house.
(c) Her house.
(d) Haas' house.
2. Each night the Fetters watch a tape of which television program?
(a) The Simpsons.
(b) The Tonight Show.
(c) I Love Lucy.
3. What does Dot do when Kitty and her family go home?
(a) Watches the news.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Does the supper dishes.
(d) Pours drinks for her and Sabine.
4. What had Dot always expected would happen in her life?
(a) She would hit the lottery.
(b) Guy would come home.
(c) She would move to a warmer place.
(d) She would remarry.
5. How does Dot feel about how she handled the family situation after her husband was killed?
(a) She did the best she could.
(b) She handled it poorly.
(c) She got counseling to manage through it.
(d) She did an expert job.
6. Why are Kitty's sons interested in Sabine?
(a) She has a big home in Los Angeles.
(b) She grew up in Hawaii.
(c) She is related to them by marriage.
(d) She can do magic tricks.
7. What is shocking about the visit from the person in #161?
(a) She flips on all the lights.
(b) She shouts to wake her up.
(c) She blasts music on the stereo.
(d) She kisses Sabine on the lips.
8. Sabine realizes that Howard had been a ____________ in high school.
(d) regular guy.
9. What advice does Dot give Sabine?
(a) Go home before she will decide to stay forever.
(b) Stick to the main roads when it snows.
(c) Don't get involved in Kitty's life.
(d) Don't loan Howard any money.
10. Where does Kitty take Sabine that Sabine has never been before?
(a) Home Depot.
(c) The Gap.
11. What does Sabine purchase at the store in #112?
(a) Art supplies.
(b) Snow shovel.
(c) Kitty litter.
(d) Gardening tools.
12. Why is Kitty's husband annoyed when he arrives at the Fetters house?
(a) He is hungry and dinner is not ready.
(b) He got a speeding ticket.
(c) His wife and kids are not home.
(d) His truck had a flat tire.
13. What does Howard tell Sabine when he encounters her outside the Fetter home?
(a) Sabine should go back to Los Angeles.
(b) He is really attracted to her.
(c) He knows she was not married to Parsifal.
(d) Kitty is too fixated on Sabine.
14. What do Sabine's parents want her to do?
(a) Take lots of pictures.
(b) Come home.
(c) Stay as long as she likes.
(d) Write a book.
15. How can Kitty's husband best be described?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is a bully.
(c) He is passive.
(d) He is laid back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kitty ask Sabine to do at the kitchen table?
2. Sabine thinks that none of life's troubles ever showed on _____________ face.
3. Why does Sabine like her visit so far with Parsifal's family?
4. What does Sabine tell the Fetter family after they watch the video?
5. What does Sabine quietly whisper as she walks away from Howard?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)