|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sabine think deserved to be the real magician's assistant?
2. What does the person in #85 think Sabine will want to do today?
(a) Go to the outlet mall.
(b) Go out for lunch.
(c) Go to the airport.
(d) Go to the cemetery.
3. What does Dot do when Kitty and her family go home?
(a) Does the supper dishes.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Watches the news.
(d) Pours drinks for her and Sabine.
4. Kitty asks Sabine if Parsifal ever ______________________.
(a) sawed her in half.
(b) went to college.
(c) wanted to come home again.
(d) mentioned Kitty.
5. Where does Dot take Sabine after Bertie receives medical treatment?
(a) The reformatory.
(b) The top of a knoll.
(c) Her house.
6. Why does Sabine think the Fetters family must think she is odd?
(a) She drinks herbal tea.
(b) She weaves her own fabric.
(c) She married their gay brother.
(d) She stays up all night.
7. What advice does Dot give Sabine?
(a) Go home before she will decide to stay forever.
(b) Stick to the main roads when it snows.
(c) Don't loan Howard any money.
(d) Don't get involved in Kitty's life.
8. What does Sabine do as Howard sits across the street from the house all day?
(a) Talks on the phone.
(b) Cleans the house.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Takes a nap.
9. What does Sabine do to Kitty the next morning?
(a) Pulls an egg out of her ear.
(b) Fixes breakfast.
(c) Cuts her hair.
(d) Kisses her on the lips.
10. Why are Kitty's sons interested in Sabine?
(a) She grew up in Hawaii.
(b) She has a big home in Los Angeles.
(c) She is related to them by marriage.
(d) She can do magic tricks.
11. What is Sabine ready to do now?
(a) Change careers.
(b) Face her life.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Get an advanced degree.
12. What kind of magic trick does Sabine do for Kitty?
(a) A card trick.
(b) A disappearing trick.
(c) A levitating trick.
(d) A rabbit trick.
13. What does Sabine realize about Alliance, Nebraska?
(a) It's a lot harder getting out than getting in.
(b) It's quaint and charming.
(c) It is a hell-hole.
(d) It's a nice place to raise a family.
14. What does Dot do to help Sabine pass some time?
(a) Asks her to find new recipes.
(b) Enrolls her in night classes.
(c) Takes her to bridge club.
(d) Checks out library books.
15. What had Dot always expected would happen in her life?
(a) She would move to a warmer place.
(b) Guy would come home.
(c) She would remarry.
(d) She would hit the lottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabine tell the Fetter family after they watch the video?
2. Each night the Fetters watch a tape of which television program?
3. What is Howard's last name?
4. What does Kitty ask Sabine to do at the kitchen table?
5. What is Sabine's decision about visiting with the Fetterses?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)