|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabine show the boys before they go to school?
(a) The model house.
(b) Photos of her house.
(c) A magazine article about Parsifal.
(d) A magic trick.
2. Where does Kitty take Sabine that Sabine has never been before?
(a) Home Depot.
(c) The Gap.
3. Which of the following does Sabine NOT see when she watches The Tonight Show video?
(a) Parsifal is in shining health.
(b) Parsifal is doing what he loves.
(c) Parsifal makes a mistake.
(d) Parsifal is happy.
4. What does Sabine do as Howard sits across the street from the house all day?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Talks on the phone.
(d) Cleans the house.
5. What does Dot do when Kitty and her family go home?
(a) Watches the news.
(b) Does the supper dishes.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Pours drinks for her and Sabine.
6. What does Sabine purchase at the store in #112?
(a) Gardening tools.
(b) Kitty litter.
(c) Art supplies.
(d) Snow shovel.
7. Which Fetters child is named after Mr. Fetters?
8. Sabine realizes that Howard had been a ____________ in high school.
(b) regular guy.
9. Why does Sabine like her visit so far with Parsifal's family?
(a) She feels closer to Parsifal.
(b) She needed a vacation.
(c) She enjoys the quiet of the plains.
(d) She likes the small town pace.
10. Who does Sabine call to tell that she had arrived safely in Nebraska?
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her boss.
11. Who is one of Kitty's sons?
12. What does Sabine realize about Alliance, Nebraska?
(a) It's quaint and charming.
(b) It's a nice place to raise a family.
(c) It is a hell-hole.
(d) It's a lot harder getting out than getting in.
13. What does Sabine think of her father?
(a) He is a good role model.
(b) He is a philanthropic man.
(c) He is always too busy for her.
(d) He always disappoints her.
14. What does Kitty tell Dot when she stops in one day?
(a) She is getting re-married.
(b) She is going to night school.
(c) She is coming home for awhile.
(d) She is moving to Montana.
15. Kitty thinks that her boys would have benefited from Guy's _____________________.
(a) taking them around the world.
(b) showing them things a good father would have.
(c) sense of humor.
(d) showing them magic tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dot go after talking to Sabine?
2. What does Howard tell Sabine when he encounters her outside the Fetter home?
3. What does Sabine wonder about her parents?
4. Why is Kitty's husband annoyed when he arrives at the Fetters house?
5. What is shocking about the visit from the person in #161?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)