|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #85 think Sabine will want to do today?
(a) Go to the airport.
(b) Go to the cemetery.
(c) Go out for lunch.
(d) Go to the outlet mall.
2. Why are Kitty's sons interested in Sabine?
(a) She has a big home in Los Angeles.
(b) She can do magic tricks.
(c) She grew up in Hawaii.
(d) She is related to them by marriage.
3. In Sabine's dream, what is Phan's profession?
4. Why is Kitty's husband annoyed when he arrives at the Fetters house?
(a) His wife and kids are not home.
(b) He got a speeding ticket.
(c) He is hungry and dinner is not ready.
(d) His truck had a flat tire.
5. Who does Sabine call to tell that she had arrived safely in Nebraska?
(a) Her parents.
(c) Her boss.
6. What does Sabine realize about Alliance, Nebraska?
(a) It's a lot harder getting out than getting in.
(b) It is a hell-hole.
(c) It's quaint and charming.
(d) It's a nice place to raise a family.
7. How does Dot feel about how she handled the family situation after her husband was killed?
(a) She did an expert job.
(b) She did the best she could.
(c) She got counseling to manage through it.
(d) She handled it poorly.
8. What does Howard do when he realizes he has been fooled in the magic trick?
(a) Slaps Sabine.
(b) Flips the table over.
(c) Screams at Sabine.
(d) Storms out of the house.
9. What do Sabine's parents want her to do?
(a) Stay as long as she likes.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Take lots of pictures.
(d) Come home.
10. Kitty tells Sabine that having Sabine around is like ______________________.
(a) a dream come true.
(b) a wild ride.
(c) a breath of fresh air.
(d) having Parsifal home.
11. How can Kitty's husband best be described?
(a) He is a bully.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is laid back.
(d) He is passive.
12. What had Dot always expected would happen in her life?
(a) She would remarry.
(b) Guy would come home.
(c) She would hit the lottery.
(d) She would move to a warmer place.
13. Dot feels that she sent the message that she cared more for _______________________ than Parsifal.
(a) her abusive husband.
(c) her job.
14. Bertie is the only one in the Fetters family who has never _______________.
(a) gone to college.
(b) had stitches.
(c) left Nebraska.
(d) been married.
15. What does Sabine think of her father?
(a) He is always too busy for her.
(b) He always disappoints her.
(c) He is a philanthropic man.
(d) He is a good role model.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Sabine not tell her nephews how the magic trick was done?
2. Why does Sabine decide to stay in Alliance a little while longer?
3. Who does Sabine think deserved to be the real magician's assistant?
4. Which Fetters child is named after Mr. Fetters?
5. Who had locked Parsifal in the item in #117?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)