|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the family forgotten to do for the last two weeks?
(a) Have the car serviced.
(b) Check the mail.
(c) Go to the grocery.
(d) Watch the Tonight Show tape.
2. How does Dot feel about how she handled the family situation after her husband was killed?
(a) She got counseling to manage through it.
(b) She did the best she could.
(c) She handled it poorly.
(d) She did an expert job.
3. Why does Sabine think the Fetters family must think she is odd?
(a) She drinks herbal tea.
(b) She married their gay brother.
(c) She stays up all night.
(d) She weaves her own fabric.
4. Which Fetters child is named after Mr. Fetters?
5. What does Bertie order Howard to do after she is hurt?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Get the first-aid kit.
(c) Bring some ice.
(d) Call 9-1-1.
6. What does Dot do to help Sabine pass some time?
(a) Asks her to find new recipes.
(b) Checks out library books.
(c) Enrolls her in night classes.
(d) Takes her to bridge club.
7. Why are Kitty's sons interested in Sabine?
(a) She is related to them by marriage.
(b) She has a big home in Los Angeles.
(c) She grew up in Hawaii.
(d) She can do magic tricks.
8. What does Dot do when Kitty and her family go home?
(a) Watches the news.
(b) Pours drinks for her and Sabine.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Does the supper dishes.
9. Where does the family take Bertie after her injury?
(a) Her doctor's office.
(b) A clinic.
(c) The emergency room.
(d) Her home.
10. Why does Kitty think Sabine will never want to see the family again?
(a) The town is way too small.
(b) It takes too long to get there.
(c) The airfare is prohibitive.
(d) Kitty had presented such a bad picture of their life.
11. What is Sabine mildly surprised to find in Parsifal's room?
(c) Magic kit.
12. What does Sabine think of her father?
(a) He is a good role model.
(b) He is always too busy for her.
(c) He is a philanthropic man.
(d) He always disappoints her.
13. What does Sabine spend the day doing in Parsifal's room?
14. Kitty thinks that her boys would have benefited from Guy's _____________________.
(a) showing them things a good father would have.
(b) showing them magic tricks.
(c) sense of humor.
(d) taking them around the world.
15. Bertie is the only one in the Fetters family who has never _______________.
(a) gone to college.
(b) had stitches.
(c) left Nebraska.
(d) been married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Each night the Fetters watch a tape of which television program?
2. Who does Sabine think deserved to be the real magician's assistant?
3. Dot talks Sabine out of going to ____________________.
4. What does Sabine purchase at the store in #112?
5. Who comes to see Sabine as she tries to fall asleep?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)