|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabine purchase at the store in #112?
(a) Art supplies.
(b) Kitty litter.
(c) Gardening tools.
(d) Snow shovel.
2. Why are Kitty's sons interested in Sabine?
(a) She can do magic tricks.
(b) She grew up in Hawaii.
(c) She has a big home in Los Angeles.
(d) She is related to them by marriage.
3. What does Dot do to help Sabine pass some time?
(a) Asks her to find new recipes.
(b) Checks out library books.
(c) Takes her to bridge club.
(d) Enrolls her in night classes.
4. What does Sabine think of her father?
(a) He is a philanthropic man.
(b) He always disappoints her.
(c) He is a good role model.
(d) He is always too busy for her.
5. Where does Bertie want to go after her medical treatment?
(a) Kitty's house.
(b) Her house.
(c) Haas' house.
(d) Dot's house.
6. Sabine thinks that none of life's troubles ever showed on _____________ face.
(b) her own.
(c) her mother's.
7. Sabine recalls that Phan was ____________ in the life he built for himself.
8. Why is Kitty's husband annoyed when he arrives at the Fetters house?
(a) His wife and kids are not home.
(b) He got a speeding ticket.
(c) He is hungry and dinner is not ready.
(d) His truck had a flat tire.
9. Kitty tells Sabine that having Sabine around is like ______________________.
(a) a breath of fresh air.
(b) having Parsifal home.
(c) a wild ride.
(d) a dream come true.
10. Who had released Parsifal from the locked location?
(a) Mr. Fetters.
(c) Mrs. Fetters.
11. What does Sabine understand about Parsifal now?
(a) Why he had a strong code of ethics.
(b) Why he had such a bad temper.
(c) Why he needed to have no family to talk about.
(d) Why he had such curly hair.
12. What does Sabine show the boys before they go to school?
(a) The model house.
(b) A magazine article about Parsifal.
(c) A magic trick.
(d) Photos of her house.
13. Kitty asks Sabine if Parsifal ever ______________________.
(a) mentioned Kitty.
(b) went to college.
(c) wanted to come home again.
(d) sawed her in half.
14. What item has caused Bertie's injury?
15. Bertie is the only one in the Fetters family who has never _______________.
(a) been married.
(b) left Nebraska.
(c) gone to college.
(d) had stitches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sabine mildly surprised to find in Parsifal's room?
2. Who tells Howard to stay away from Bertie from now on?
3. Who comes to see Sabine as she tries to fall asleep?
4. Where does Kitty take Sabine that Sabine has never been before?
5. What is Sabine ready to do now?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)