|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabine spend the day doing in Parsifal's room?
2. What does Sabine purchase at the store in #112?
(a) Art supplies.
(b) Gardening tools.
(c) Snow shovel.
(d) Kitty litter.
3. What project does the family watch Sabine do?
(a) Work on the model house.
(b) Glaze some pots.
(c) Do a puzzle.
(d) Knit a sweater.
4. Who is one of Kitty's sons?
5. What advice does Dot give Sabine?
(a) Don't get involved in Kitty's life.
(b) Stick to the main roads when it snows.
(c) Don't loan Howard any money.
(d) Go home before she will decide to stay forever.
6. Why is Kitty's husband annoyed when he arrives at the Fetters house?
(a) He is hungry and dinner is not ready.
(b) His wife and kids are not home.
(c) His truck had a flat tire.
(d) He got a speeding ticket.
7. How can Kitty's husband best be described?
(a) He is passive.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is laid back.
(d) He is a bully.
8. Where has Sabine been sleeping the last few nights?
(a) Kitty's old room
(b) A motel.
(c) Bertie's old room.
(d) A rollaway bed.
9. What does Kitty tell Dot when she stops in one day?
(a) She is getting re-married.
(b) She is moving to Montana.
(c) She is going to night school.
(d) She is coming home for awhile.
10. Who does Sabine call to tell that she had arrived safely in Nebraska?
(b) Her boss.
(d) Her parents.
11. Where does Dot take Sabine after Bertie receives medical treatment?
(b) Her house.
(c) The reformatory.
(d) The top of a knoll.
12. Where does Kitty take Sabine that Sabine has never been before?
(b) Home Depot.
(d) The Gap.
13. Who do Kitty and Sabine encounter at the store in #112?
14. Dot tells Sabine that no matter where you go, __________________________.
(a) you can't escape your past.
(b) there is someone to love you.
(c) there are people who will help you.
(d) there are people with problems.
15. What does Sabine do as Howard sits across the street from the house all day?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Cleans the house.
(d) Talks on the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical treatment does Bertie require?
2. Why are Kitty's sons interested in Sabine?
3. What does Sabine quietly whisper as she walks away from Howard?
4. What does Sabine realize about Alliance, Nebraska?
5. Where does Dot go after talking to Sabine?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)