|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kitty think Sabine will never want to see the family again?
(a) It takes too long to get there.
(b) Kitty had presented such a bad picture of their life.
(c) The airfare is prohibitive.
(d) The town is way too small.
2. Why can Sabine not tell her nephews how the magic trick was done?
(a) She cannot remember.
(b) She wants to preserve Parsifal's magic.
(c) It is their bedtime.
(d) It would go against the honor code of magicians.
3. Sabine thinks that none of life's troubles ever showed on _____________ face.
(c) her own.
(d) her mother's.
4. Who is injured by falling against the wall?
5. What does Sabine do to Kitty the next morning?
(a) Pulls an egg out of her ear.
(b) Kisses her on the lips.
(c) Fixes breakfast.
(d) Cuts her hair.
6. Who do Kitty and Sabine encounter at the store in #112?
7. In Sabine's dream, what is Phan's profession?
8. What does Howard tell Sabine when he encounters her outside the Fetter home?
(a) Kitty is too fixated on Sabine.
(b) Sabine should go back to Los Angeles.
(c) He knows she was not married to Parsifal.
(d) He is really attracted to her.
9. What had Dot always expected would happen in her life?
(a) Guy would come home.
(b) She would hit the lottery.
(c) She would remarry.
(d) She would move to a warmer place.
10. Kitty tells Sabine that Parsifal had once been locked in ___________________.
(a) a coffin.
(b) a refrigerator.
(c) a basement.
(d) a shed.
11. Kitty thinks that her boys would have benefited from Guy's _____________________.
(a) showing them things a good father would have.
(b) showing them magic tricks.
(c) sense of humor.
(d) taking them around the world.
12. Who tells Howard to stay away from Bertie from now on?
13. Who is Kitty's other son?
14. Dot tells Sabine that no matter where you go, __________________________.
(a) there is someone to love you.
(b) there are people with problems.
(c) you can't escape your past.
(d) there are people who will help you.
15. What does the person in #85 think Sabine will want to do today?
(a) Go out for lunch.
(b) Go to the outlet mall.
(c) Go to the cemetery.
(d) Go to the airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sabine choose to help her in a trick?
2. What medical treatment does Bertie require?
3. What is Sabine mildly surprised to find in Parsifal's room?
4. What does Sabine understand about Parsifal now?
5. Why does Sabine think the Fetters family must think she is odd?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)