|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabine tell the Fetter family after they watch the video?
(a) She is ready to go home.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is not really Parsifal's wife.
(d) She wants to stay forever.
2. What has the family forgotten to do for the last two weeks?
(a) Go to the grocery.
(b) Have the car serviced.
(c) Check the mail.
(d) Watch the Tonight Show tape.
3. Sabine recalls that Phan was ____________ in the life he built for himself.
4. What town in Nebraska does the Fetters family live in?
5. Where does Dot take Sabine after Bertie receives medical treatment?
(a) The top of a knoll.
(c) Her house.
(d) The reformatory.
6. Where has Sabine been sleeping the last few nights?
(a) A rollaway bed.
(b) A motel.
(c) Bertie's old room.
(d) Kitty's old room
7. Where does the family take Bertie after her injury?
(a) Her doctor's office.
(b) A clinic.
(c) The emergency room.
(d) Her home.
8. What does Sabine understand about Parsifal now?
(a) Why he had such curly hair.
(b) Why he had such a bad temper.
(c) Why he had a strong code of ethics.
(d) Why he needed to have no family to talk about.
9. Which Fetters child is named after Mr. Fetters?
10. What is Howard's last name?
11. Who is Kitty's other son?
12. What does Kitty ask Sabine to do at the kitchen table?
(a) Set the table.
(b) A card trick.
(c) Sketch portraits.
(d) Address wedding invitations.
13. Why does Sabine think the Fetters family must think she is odd?
(a) She married their gay brother.
(b) She drinks herbal tea.
(c) She weaves her own fabric.
(d) She stays up all night.
14. What advice does Dot give Sabine?
(a) Don't loan Howard any money.
(b) Go home before she will decide to stay forever.
(c) Stick to the main roads when it snows.
(d) Don't get involved in Kitty's life.
15. Sabine realizes that Howard had been a ____________ in high school.
(a) regular guy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of magic trick does Sabine do for Kitty?
2. What is Sabine's decision about visiting with the Fetterses?
3. Sabine thinks that none of life's troubles ever showed on _____________ face.
4. Who is injured by falling against the wall?
5. Kitty tells Sabine that Parsifal had once been locked in ___________________.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)