|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Sabine get out of the dream she has?
(a) She is too sad.
(b) She should travel.
(c) She is not alone.
(d) She should re-marry.
2. Parsifal had told Sabine that his family was from what state?
3. What does Sabine note about all the houses in Nebraska?
(a) They are all stucco.
(b) They all look the same.
(c) They are very far apart.
(d) They are all ranch style.
4. What does Sabine note about the woman she sees in the kitchen?
(a) She has been crying.
(b) She is deaf.
(c) She looks just like Parsifal.
(d) She has shocking red hair.
5. What do Sabine's parents advise her to do regarding Parsifal's parents?
(a) Call them as soon as possible.
(b) Honor Parsifal's choice to not acknowledge them.
(c) Think about going to visit them.
(d) Send them a telegram immediately.
6. What does Sabine think about when the plane hits turbulence?
(a) She prays for the pilot's skill.
(b) She says prayers.
(c) She thinks of her wedding.
(d) She categorizes her belongings.
7. Why can Sabine no longer stay in her home?
(a) The lease is up.
(b) All she thinks about is her last day with Parsifal.
(c) It is too big to maintain.
(d) The neighborhood has gone downhill fast.
8. How may years had Sabine been with Parsifal?
9. What conclusion do Sabine's parents arrive at regarding Parsifal's parents?
(a) They sound like really nice people.
(b) They have no opinion of them.
(c) They were people that Parsifal invented.
(d) They must not have been very good to Parsifal.
10. Who is Bertie's fiance?
11. Dot tells Sabine how Parsifal got the scar on his _____________.
12. What can Sabine not seem to get out of her mind?
(a) Visiting the Fetters.
(b) Moving to Europe.
(c) Starting a retail business.
(d) Changing the magic act.
13. Why does Sabine feel guilty regarding Kitty?
(a) She should have contacted Kitty herself.
(b) She never encouraged Parsifal to call her.
(c) She should have been nicer to her.
(d) She had Sabine to herself.
14. Who killed Parsifal's father?
(b) An intruder.
15. What surprising news does Sabine learn about Parsifal?
(a) He left her nothing in his will.
(b) He had a daughter from a previous marriage.
(c) He has a family she never knew about.
(d) He was having an affair with her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabine do in the days after the Fetters leave Los Angeles?
2. Why does Dot take Sabine to the hospital?
3. What happens to Sabine when she is called onstage?
4. Who goes into hysterics on the flight from Denver to Scottsbluff?
5. Who does Dot talk to at Persifal's grave?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)