|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant where Sabine meets her parents for lunch?
2. Kitty tells Sabine that _____________ was supposed to be the magician's assistant.
3. What was the cause of Phan's death?
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Boating accident.
4. What does Sabine think Parsifal's parents will do once contacted?
(a) They will not call her.
(b) They will hang up on the caller.
(c) They will call her immediately.
(d) They will come see her.
5. Why does Dot take Sabine to the hospital?
(a) She cut her hand.
(b) She can't catch her breath.
(c) She fainted.
(d) She has a heart attack.
6. Kitty tells Sabine that Parsifal had ____________________ as part of his escape plan.
(a) changes of clothing.
(b) a box of keys.
(c) lots of money.
(d) a list of alias names.
7. Who is doing a magic show at the location in #40?
(a) Sam Spender.
(c) Monty the Magnificent.
8. What conclusion do Sabine's parents arrive at regarding Parsifal's parents?
(a) They must not have been very good to Parsifal.
(b) They sound like really nice people.
(c) They have no opinion of them.
(d) They were people that Parsifal invented.
9. Parsifal had told Sabine that his family was from what state?
10. Who is Dot's daughter who did not accompany her to Los Angeles?
11. Who is the hostess in the restaurant in #40?
12. What does Sabine do during the days after Parsifal's death?
(a) Cleans the house.
(b) Goes to work.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) Stays in bed.
13. Who invites Sabine to the hotel for a couple of drinks?
14. What had Parsifal left Roger at the time of Parsifal's death?
(a) A Trust and letter of instructions.
(b) Burial instructions.
(c) Secret spy documents.
(d) Lots of unpaid bills.
15. Why did Kitty want her father to be dead when he fell to the floor?
(a) So it would be quiet in the house.
(b) So the family could live without anger.
(c) So he would stop abusing her.
(d) So he would not get up and kill Parsifal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising news does Sabine learn about Parsifal?
2. What message does Sabine get out of the dream she has?
3. What do Sabine's parents advise her to do regarding Parsifal's parents?
4. What does Sabine note about all the houses in Nebraska?
5. What is Bertie's fiance's demeanor?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)