Section 1: Pages 1 Through 25
• Parsifal, Sabine's husband, best friend, and employer has just died from an aneurysm at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles.
• Sabine recalls the day's events including Parsifal's telling her about a dream he had about a man named Phan, Parsifal's recently deceased lover.
• Parsifal had AIDS, the disease which also claimed Phan, and Sabine married Parsifal for the convenience of avoiding inheritance issues once Parsifal succumbed to the disease.
• After Parsifal's death, Sabine stays in bed for several days until Parsifal's attorney, Roger, calls to invite her to lunch.
• Sabine dreams of Phan who apologizes for taking Parsifal away; he says he caused the aneurysm so Parsifal would have a quick and painless death.
• Sabine does not show for lunch so Roger comes to the house where he reveals that Parsifal left a portion of money to his family who Sabine thought was dead.
This section contains 2,245 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)