|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes in search of Josh?
(a) Just Flamel.
(b) Flamel, Joan and Sophie.
(c) St. Germain.
(d) No one; they are trying to rescue Scathach.
2. What does Josh think the Disir is doing when she climbs the Nidhogg's back?
(a) Trying to control the Nidhogg.
(b) Being insane.
(c) Trying to tell the Nidhogg something.
(d) Trying to kill the Nidhogg.
3. What did Flamel take from his old home?
(a) A sword.
(b) An ancient book.
(c) A pair of greaves.
(d) A suit of armor.
4. What has Joan taught Sophie?
(a) How to deal with the memories of the Witch of Endor.
(b) How to play an ancient stones game.
(c) How to use Sophie's mind more effectively.
(d) How to endure nightmares with no ill effect.
5. What do Dee and Machiavelli tell Josh when he wants to leave them?
(a) They will let him leave if he turns over the two pages he has.
(b) He owes them for saving his life.
(c) They can awaken his powers immediately.
(d) They want to show him the truth.
6. What does Flamel want Scathach to teach Josh?
(a) How to transport from one spot to another without moving.
(b) How to use Clarent.
(c) How to play the pipes that will call help.
(d) How to extend his sword arm.
7. What does Dee tell Machiavelli about Perenelle?
(a) She has made a pact with Billy the Kidd.
(b) She has destroyed all the creatures they were keeping on Alcatraz.
(c) She has another complete copy of the Book of Abraham.
(d) She has escaped her cell on Alcatraz.
8. Whom do Joan and Sophie encounter at the front hall?
(b) The Nidhogg.
(d) Two of the Disir.
9. What happens at the spot where Josh stabs the Nidhogg?
(a) Nothing; his sword cannot penetrate its hide.
(b) It falls off.
(c) It quickly heals over.
(d) It turns to stone.
10. What does Josh believe about Scathach?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She has abandoned him.
(c) She has Flamel and Joan to help her.
(d) She can finish off the Nidhogg alone.
11. What happens after Dee and Machiavelli jump out of their car?
(a) Josh attacks them.
(b) Joan of Arch and Scathach attack them.
(c) St. Germain attacks them.
(d) The Nidhogg crushes the car.
12. What does Sophie think happened to Josh?
(a) He was taken by Dagon.
(b) The Nidhogg took him.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He was taken by Dee.
13. Where does Germain keep all his technological and musical "toys"?
(a) In a studio down the street from where he lives.
(b) His office.
(c) He does not have much modern technology.
(d) The basement.
14. What is the major disagreement Josh and Sophie have?
(a) Whether Flamel is trustworthy.
(b) Whether Scathach is really immortal.
(c) Whether Flamel is as respected as John Dee.
(d) If Scathach is as old as Flamel.
15. Why is Josh nervous?
(a) He is claustrophobic.
(b) He does not know if he can handle power.
(c) He is afraid of Sophie being harmed.
(d) He is unsure about the influence of Clarent on his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the Nidhogg reach the waters of the Seine?
2. What does Perenelle learn from de Ayala?
3. Where is Scathach?
4. Why does Josh attack the Nidhogg?
5. About what is Flamel afraid concerning the two pages Josh has of the Book of Abraham?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)