|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has brought the Nidhogg to Paris?
(a) The Disir.
(b) The Dark Elders.
(c) It lives in Paris.
(d) It has come of its own volition.
2. What does Josh believe about Scathach?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She has Flamel and Joan to help her.
(c) She has abandoned him.
(d) She can finish off the Nidhogg alone.
3. Where does Germain keep all his technological and musical "toys"?
(a) He does not have much modern technology.
(b) His office.
(c) The basement.
(d) In a studio down the street from where he lives.
4. What do Machiavelli and Dee discuss?
(a) Whether they really want to engage in a confrontation with Flamel.
(b) Whether to wait until Perenelle has joined them.
(c) The best way to deal with Flamel's group.
(d) Whether to just try to get the twins away from the others.
5. What wakes Josh?
(a) Flamel yelling.
(b) Sophie screaming.
(c) The sound of an explosion.
(d) The sound of automatic weapons.
6. Who continues to battle the Disir?
(d) St. Germain.
7. What is the major disagreement Josh and Sophie have?
(a) Whether Flamel is trustworthy.
(b) If Scathach is as old as Flamel.
(c) Whether Flamel is as respected as John Dee.
(d) Whether Scathach is really immortal.
8. Who goes in search of Josh?
(a) No one; they are trying to rescue Scathach.
(b) St. Germain.
(c) Flamel, Joan and Sophie.
(d) Just Flamel.
9. What happens after Dee and Machiavelli jump out of their car?
(a) Joan of Arch and Scathach attack them.
(b) The Nidhogg crushes the car.
(c) St. Germain attacks them.
(d) Josh attacks them.
10. What has Joan taught Sophie?
(a) How to deal with the memories of the Witch of Endor.
(b) How to endure nightmares with no ill effect.
(c) How to use Sophie's mind more effectively.
(d) How to play an ancient stones game.
11. What does St. Germain do to Sophie?
(a) Infuses a small bit of his magic in her.
(b) Tattoos her palms.
(c) Tattoos her wrist.
(d) Opens her third eye.
12. What does Perenelle learn from de Ayala?
(a) Someone else is imprisoned on Alcatraz.
(b) The island is rigged to explode.
(c) Dee is on the island.
(d) The animals on the island are not real.
13. What is said about Nidhogg?
(a) That it is one of the original gods of creation.
(b) That it is an ancient creature.
(c) That it is an ancestor of the Dark Elders.
(d) That it is descended from the Dark Elders.
14. What does Flamel want Germain to teach Sophie?
(a) Air magic.
(b) Earth magic.
(c) Wind magic.
(d) Fire magic.
15. Why is Josh nervous?
(a) He is afraid of Sophie being harmed.
(b) He is claustrophobic.
(c) He does not know if he can handle power.
(d) He is unsure about the influence of Clarent on his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Josh drive away?
2. Whom do Joan and Sophie encounter at the front hall?
3. Why can't the Nidhogg reach the waters of the Seine?
4. What happens as Josh prepares to kill the Nidhogg?
5. What does Josh think the Disir is doing when she climbs the Nidhogg's back?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)