|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Machiavelli's burned out car?
(a) The Dark Elders.
(b) Joan when she is tracking Josh.
(c) The one Disir still living.
(d) The French Secret Police.
2. Who first notices a creature coming in through the garden wall?
3. What does Sophie realize as Josh begins to battle the Disir?
(a) Josh no longer has Clarent.
(b) Josh is badly wounded.
(c) Josh is in immediate danger.
(d) Josh has somehow accessed magic.
4. Of what is Perenelle aware as she travels back into the depths of Alcatraz?
(a) Morrigan's arrival.
(b) The sound of helicopters.
(c) The cry of some birds.
(d) The magic around the animals.
5. About what do Josh and Sophie talk when they are alone?
(a) The odd way Scathach talks.
(b) What they are learning.
(d) Josh's concerns about Flamel.
6. What has Joan taught Sophie?
(a) How to play an ancient stones game.
(b) How to use Sophie's mind more effectively.
(c) How to endure nightmares with no ill effect.
(d) How to deal with the memories of the Witch of Endor.
7. Why does Josh attack the Nidhogg?
(a) To get it to release him.
(b) St. Germain tells him to.
(c) To make it release Scathach.
(d) To test Clarent's abilities.
8. Why can't Flamel help when Josh is yelling for assistance?
(a) He is not there.
(b) He is too exhausted.
(c) He is busy fighting the Disir.
(d) He is in the basement and does not hear Josh.
9. Who is watching Josh dealing with the Nidhogg?
(a) Dee and Machiavelli.
(b) Some bystanders.
(d) No one.
10. What does Josh think the Disir is doing when she climbs the Nidhogg's back?
(a) Trying to control the Nidhogg.
(b) Trying to tell the Nidhogg something.
(c) Being insane.
(d) Trying to kill the Nidhogg.
11. What did Flamel take from his old home?
(a) A pair of greaves.
(b) A sword.
(c) An ancient book.
(d) A suit of armor.
12. What is following Perenelle as she leaves the depths of Alcatraz?
(c) Many ghosts.
(d) Every manner of creature.
13. Who is Areop-Enap?
(a) A Dark Elder's servant.
(b) Another immortal who joins Flamel's fight in Paris.
(c) The other prisoner in Alcatraz.
(d) One of the Disir.
14. What is the object related to that Flamel recovers from his old home?
(a) Excalibur and Clarent.
(b) The book of Abraham.
(c) The cuffs of Zeus.
(d) The Green Knight's girdle.
15. How does Scathach get free of the Nidhogg?
(a) The Nidhogg drops her while protecting itself from St. Germain.
(b) Flamel and Sophie free her.
(c) Scathogg cuts off the claw that is holding her.
(d) The Nidhogg drops her when it dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sophie defeat the other two Disir?
2. What is said about Nidhogg?
3. What does Areop-Enap agree to do?
4. Who helps Scathach teach Josh?
5. What do Dee and Machiavelli tell Josh when he wants to leave them?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)