|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joan teach Sophie about Sophie's aura?
(a) How to expand it.
(b) How to make it invisible.
(c) How to contract it.
(d) How to use it for protection.
2. What happens to endanger Scathach again?
(a) Flamel's aim is bad and his magic brushes her side, paralyzing her..
(b) Dagon jumps out of the water and grabs her and jumps back in.
(d) Nidhogg rises out of the water and grabs her in its mouth.
3. Who is Areop-Enap?
(a) The other prisoner in Alcatraz.
(b) Another immortal who joins Flamel's fight in Paris.
(c) A Dark Elder's servant.
(d) One of the Disir.
4. Who first notices a creature coming in through the garden wall?
5. What does Sophie realize as Josh begins to battle the Disir?
(a) Josh has somehow accessed magic.
(b) Josh is in immediate danger.
(c) Josh no longer has Clarent.
(d) Josh is badly wounded.
6. Why can't the Nidhogg reach the waters of the Seine?
(a) Too heavy.
(b) It is barricaded.
(c) Scathach is making it move slowly.
(d) It is too ill from losing blood.
7. Who chases after the Nidhogg?
(a) Perenelle, who has arrived on a ley line.
(c) Josh and a Disir.
(d) No one.
8. Who is watching Josh dealing with the Nidhogg?
(a) Dee and Machiavelli.
(b) Some bystanders.
(c) No one.
9. Why is Josh nervous?
(a) He is unsure about the influence of Clarent on his mind.
(b) He is afraid of Sophie being harmed.
(c) He is claustrophobic.
(d) He does not know if he can handle power.
10. Why does Machiavelli give Dagon permission to follow the Nidhogg?
(a) To capture Josh.
(b) To help the Disir.
(c) In the hopes of killing Scathach.
(d) To try to control the Nidhogg.
11. Why does Josh attack the Nidhogg?
(a) To test Clarent's abilities.
(b) St. Germain tells him to.
(c) To make it release Scathach.
(d) To get it to release him.
12. Who inspects Josh and causes him to feel panic?
(a) A Dark Elder.
(b) Two satyrs.
(c) An ancient seer.
(d) Machiavelli using his magic.
13. What happens when the Nidhogg is stabbed in the tongue?
(a) It spits poison.
(b) It bites down on Scathach.
(c) It attacks Josh.
(d) The tongue turns black.
14. What does Flamel want Scathach to teach Josh?
(a) How to play the pipes that will call help.
(b) How to transport from one spot to another without moving.
(c) How to use Clarent.
(d) How to extend his sword arm.
15. What is the object related to that Flamel recovers from his old home?
(a) The cuffs of Zeus.
(b) The Green Knight's girdle.
(c) Excalibur and Clarent.
(d) The book of Abraham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Areop-Enap agree to do?
2. What is said about Nidhogg?
3. How does Sophie defeat the other two Disir?
4. Where does Germain invite Josh to visit?
5. What does Josh think the Disir is doing when she climbs the Nidhogg's back?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)