|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josh believe about Scathach?
(a) She can finish off the Nidhogg alone.
(b) She has Flamel and Joan to help her.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She has abandoned him.
2. Who has brought the Nidhogg to Paris?
(a) The Dark Elders.
(b) It has come of its own volition.
(c) The Disir.
(d) It lives in Paris.
3. What does Flamel want Scathach to teach Josh?
(a) How to transport from one spot to another without moving.
(b) How to use Clarent.
(c) How to play the pipes that will call help.
(d) How to extend his sword arm.
4. What does Josh think the Disir is doing when she climbs the Nidhogg's back?
(a) Trying to tell the Nidhogg something.
(b) Trying to kill the Nidhogg.
(c) Being insane.
(d) Trying to control the Nidhogg.
5. Who arrives in Paris?
(b) The Witch of Endor.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) John Dee.
6. What does Sophie realize as Josh begins to battle the Disir?
(a) Josh is in immediate danger.
(b) Josh no longer has Clarent.
(c) Josh is badly wounded.
(d) Josh has somehow accessed magic.
7. Why does Josh attack the Nidhogg?
(a) St. Germain tells him to.
(b) To get it to release him.
(c) To test Clarent's abilities.
(d) To make it release Scathach.
8. Why is Josh nervous?
(a) He is unsure about the influence of Clarent on his mind.
(b) He is afraid of Sophie being harmed.
(c) He does not know if he can handle power.
(d) He is claustrophobic.
9. What has Joan taught Sophie?
(a) How to deal with the memories of the Witch of Endor.
(b) How to endure nightmares with no ill effect.
(c) How to play an ancient stones game.
(d) How to use Sophie's mind more effectively.
10. What happens at the spot where Josh stabs the Nidhogg?
(a) Nothing; his sword cannot penetrate its hide.
(b) It turns to stone.
(c) It quickly heals over.
(d) It falls off.
11. Who continues to battle the Disir?
(b) St. Germain.
12. Why does Machiavelli give Dagon permission to follow the Nidhogg?
(a) To capture Josh.
(b) In the hopes of killing Scathach.
(c) To try to control the Nidhogg.
(d) To help the Disir.
13. What does Flamel encourage Sophie to do?
(a) Use her twin connection to find Josh.
(b) Try to contact the Witch of Endor telepathically.
(c) Go back and report to St. Germain.
(d) Tap down her aura.
14. Where do Machiavelli and Dee take Josh?
(a) To the tomb of an ancient seer.
(b) To the catacombs.
(c) To Machiavelli's home.
(d) To see one of the Dark Elders.
15. What did the Nidhogg do the last time it was released?
(a) Destroyed a large crowd of people.
(b) Destroyed almost all of a small city.
(c) Destroyed an entire race of Indians.
(d) Razed a large mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to endanger Scathach again?
2. What does Germain give Josh?
3. Who is following the Nidhogg in a car?
4. Why does Germain not know what is happening?
5. How much does Areop-Enap know about Dee's plans?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)