|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Machiavelli and Dee discuss?
(a) The best way to deal with Flamel's group.
(b) Whether to wait until Perenelle has joined them.
(c) Whether they really want to engage in a confrontation with Flamel.
(d) Whether to just try to get the twins away from the others.
2. What happens at the spot where Josh stabs the Nidhogg?
(a) It falls off.
(b) It turns to stone.
(c) Nothing; his sword cannot penetrate its hide.
(d) It quickly heals over.
3. Why does Josh attack the Nidhogg?
(a) To make it release Scathach.
(b) To test Clarent's abilities.
(c) To get it to release him.
(d) St. Germain tells him to.
4. What happens to endanger Scathach again?
(a) Flamel's aim is bad and his magic brushes her side, paralyzing her..
(b) Dagon jumps out of the water and grabs her and jumps back in.
(c) Nidhogg rises out of the water and grabs her in its mouth.
5. What wakes Josh?
(a) Sophie screaming.
(b) The sound of automatic weapons.
(c) The sound of an explosion.
(d) Flamel yelling.
6. Why can't Flamel help when Josh is yelling for assistance?
(a) He is busy fighting the Disir.
(b) He is too exhausted.
(c) He is not there.
(d) He is in the basement and does not hear Josh.
7. What is said about Nidhogg?
(a) That it is an ancient creature.
(b) That it is descended from the Dark Elders.
(c) That it is one of the original gods of creation.
(d) That it is an ancestor of the Dark Elders.
8. What does Germain give Josh?
(a) A sword.
(b) A lucky medal.
(c) His choice of three laptops.
(d) A cell phone.
9. Who is watching Josh dealing with the Nidhogg?
(a) Some bystanders.
(b) Dee and Machiavelli.
(c) No one.
10. Why does Machiavelli give Dagon permission to follow the Nidhogg?
(a) To try to control the Nidhogg.
(b) To help the Disir.
(c) To capture Josh.
(d) In the hopes of killing Scathach.
11. What does Perenelle ask Areop-Enap?
(a) How she came to be there.
(b) Why she is helping John Dee.
(c) If she wants to be freed.
(d) Where the other Elders are.
12. How much does Areop-Enap know about Dee's plans?
(a) That he is planning to take over North America.
(b) Only that he wants to destroy San Francisco.
(d) Everything Dee is planning.
13. What does Sophie think happened to Josh?
(a) The Nidhogg took him.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He was taken by Dee.
(d) He was taken by Dagon.
14. Of what is Perenelle aware as she travels back into the depths of Alcatraz?
(a) Morrigan's arrival.
(b) The magic around the animals.
(c) The sound of helicopters.
(d) The cry of some birds.
15. Who finds Machiavelli's burned out car?
(a) The Dark Elders.
(b) The French Secret Police.
(c) Joan when she is tracking Josh.
(d) The one Disir still living.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scathach get free of the Nidhogg?
2. What has Joan taught Sophie?
3. What does Perenelle find in the bowls of Alcatraz?
4. How does Josh feel from the use of Clarent?
5. What is the major disagreement Josh and Sophie have?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)