|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Germain give Josh?
(a) A sword.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) His choice of three laptops.
(d) A lucky medal.
2. Where does Germain invite Josh to visit?
(a) His magic room.
(b) His library.
(c) His office.
(d) His music collection.
3. What did Flamel take from his old home?
(a) A pair of greaves.
(b) A suit of armor.
(c) An ancient book.
(d) A sword.
4. What has Joan taught Sophie?
(a) How to endure nightmares with no ill effect.
(b) How to play an ancient stones game.
(c) How to use Sophie's mind more effectively.
(d) How to deal with the memories of the Witch of Endor.
5. Where is Scathach?
(a) Chasing after the Nidhogg with has Josh.
(b) The Nidhogg has her and is taking her with it.
(c) Fighting one of the Disir.
(d) Unconscious on the kitchen floor.
6. What happens as Josh prepares to kill the Nidhogg?
(a) The Disir attacks him.
(b) The Disir kills the creature instead.
(c) Scathach is thrown down the road.
(d) Scathach kills it.
7. What does Joan teach Sophie about Sophie's aura?
(a) How to contract it.
(b) How to expand it.
(c) How to make it invisible.
(d) How to use it for protection.
8. What do Machiavelli and Dee discuss?
(a) Whether to just try to get the twins away from the others.
(b) Whether they really want to engage in a confrontation with Flamel.
(c) The best way to deal with Flamel's group.
(d) Whether to wait until Perenelle has joined them.
9. What does Perenelle learn from de Ayala?
(a) The animals on the island are not real.
(b) Dee is on the island.
(c) Someone else is imprisoned on Alcatraz.
(d) The island is rigged to explode.
10. Why can't the Nidhogg reach the waters of the Seine?
(a) It is barricaded.
(b) It is too ill from losing blood.
(c) Too heavy.
(d) Scathach is making it move slowly.
11. About what is Flamel afraid concerning the two pages Josh has of the Book of Abraham?
(a) The two pages Josh has will fall into Dee's hands.
(b) Flamel is not concerned because the two pages will do no one any good.
(c) Dee might convince Josh to burn the two pages Josh has.
(d) The Nidhogg might destroy the two pages Josh has.
12. Why does Germain not know what is happening?
(a) He is in the shower with the radio blaring.
(b) He is playing music through a set of earphones.
(c) He is in the basement playing his stereo loudly.
(d) He is gone.
13. Who has Dee sent after Perenelle?
(a) A T-rex.
(c) A cousin to the Nidhogg.
(d) Wyatt Earp.
14. What does Areop-Enap agree to do?
(a) Help fight John Dee.
(b) Protect the twins.
(c) Send Perenelle to Paris.
(d) Go to talk with the Witch of Endor.
15. Where does St. Germain take Joan, Flamel, and Sophie?
(a) To talk with a friend of St. Germain's in the secret police.
(b) To his home.
(c) To an ancient library to find out about the Nidhogg.
(d) To another entrance to the catacombs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dee tell Machiavelli about Perenelle?
2. What happens at the spot where Josh stabs the Nidhogg?
3. Where does Germain keep all his technological and musical "toys"?
4. Why is Josh nervous?
5. What does Josh think the Disir is doing when she climbs the Nidhogg's back?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)