|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Joan assure Josh?
(a) Sophie's nightmares are abating.
(b) St. Germain will defend them with his life.
(c) Flamel is good.
(d) The Witch of Endor is good.
2. What does Flamel want Germain to teach Sophie?
(a) Fire magic.
(b) Earth magic.
(c) Air magic.
(d) Wind magic.
3. What does Areop-Enap agree to do?
(a) Go to talk with the Witch of Endor.
(b) Send Perenelle to Paris.
(c) Protect the twins.
(d) Help fight John Dee.
4. What happens as Josh prepares to kill the Nidhogg?
(a) Scathach is thrown down the road.
(b) Scathach kills it.
(c) The Disir attacks him.
(d) The Disir kills the creature instead.
5. Who has brought the Nidhogg to Paris?
(a) It has come of its own volition.
(b) The Dark Elders.
(c) The Disir.
(d) It lives in Paris.
6. How does Sophie defeat the other two Disir?
(a) She is unable to defeat them.
(b) Encases them in a block of ice.
(c) Places a ring of fire around them.
(d) Burns them to death.
7. What happens when the Nidhogg is stabbed in the tongue?
(a) It spits poison.
(b) The tongue turns black.
(c) It attacks Josh.
(d) It bites down on Scathach.
8. What happens after Dee and Machiavelli jump out of their car?
(a) Joan of Arch and Scathach attack them.
(b) St. Germain attacks them.
(c) The Nidhogg crushes the car.
(d) Josh attacks them.
9. Why can't Flamel help when Josh is yelling for assistance?
(a) He is too exhausted.
(b) He is busy fighting the Disir.
(c) He is not there.
(d) He is in the basement and does not hear Josh.
10. What is the major disagreement Josh and Sophie have?
(a) Whether Flamel is as respected as John Dee.
(b) Whether Flamel is trustworthy.
(c) Whether Scathach is really immortal.
(d) If Scathach is as old as Flamel.
11. Who is Areop-Enap?
(a) One of the Disir.
(b) Another immortal who joins Flamel's fight in Paris.
(c) The other prisoner in Alcatraz.
(d) A Dark Elder's servant.
12. What does Josh realize the Disir is doing?
(a) Turning the Nidhogg back towards St. Germain's home.
(b) Trying to kill Scathach.
(c) Turning the Nidhogg towards the Eiffel Tower.
(d) Turing the Nidhogg towards the river.
13. Where do Machiavelli and Dee take Josh?
(a) To see one of the Dark Elders.
(b) To Machiavelli's home.
(c) To the tomb of an ancient seer.
(d) To the catacombs.
14. Who helps Scathach teach Josh?
(b) Joan of Arc.
(c) No one.
(d) St. Germain.
15. Who has a vendetta against Scathach?
(c) The Dark Elder who is unnamed.
(d) The Disir.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Josh drive away?
2. What do Dee and Machiavelli tell Josh when he wants to leave them?
3. What does Dee tell Machiavelli about Perenelle?
4. Who first notices a creature coming in through the garden wall?
5. Who is watching Josh dealing with the Nidhogg?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)