|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Nidhogg do the last time it was released?
(a) Razed a large mountain.
(b) Destroyed a large crowd of people.
(c) Destroyed an entire race of Indians.
(d) Destroyed almost all of a small city.
2. Of what is Perenelle aware as she travels back into the depths of Alcatraz?
(a) The cry of some birds.
(b) Morrigan's arrival.
(c) The magic around the animals.
(d) The sound of helicopters.
3. Who chases after the Nidhogg?
(a) Perenelle, who has arrived on a ley line.
(b) Josh and a Disir.
(c) No one.
4. Where does Germain invite Josh to visit?
(a) His magic room.
(b) His library.
(c) His music collection.
(d) His office.
5. What has Joan taught Sophie?
(a) How to use Sophie's mind more effectively.
(b) How to endure nightmares with no ill effect.
(c) How to play an ancient stones game.
(d) How to deal with the memories of the Witch of Endor.
6. Where does St. Germain take Joan, Flamel, and Sophie?
(a) To his home.
(b) To an ancient library to find out about the Nidhogg.
(c) To talk with a friend of St. Germain's in the secret police.
(d) To another entrance to the catacombs.
7. What does Josh believe about Scathach?
(a) She has abandoned him.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She can finish off the Nidhogg alone.
(d) She has Flamel and Joan to help her.
8. Who has brought the Nidhogg to Paris?
(a) It has come of its own volition.
(b) The Disir.
(c) It lives in Paris.
(d) The Dark Elders.
9. About what do Josh and Sophie talk when they are alone?
(b) What they are learning.
(c) Josh's concerns about Flamel.
(d) The odd way Scathach talks.
10. What is significant about a manhole in an ally that Flamel and the others find?
(a) It's where Josh is tracked to by Sophie.
(b) They think it is where the Nidhogg is recovering.
(c) They think they it is where the Disir took St. Germain.
(d) They think they can find Scathach down there.
11. What is said about Nidhogg?
(a) That it is descended from the Dark Elders.
(b) That it is one of the original gods of creation.
(c) That it is an ancestor of the Dark Elders.
(d) That it is an ancient creature.
12. Where does Germain keep all his technological and musical "toys"?
(a) The basement.
(b) He does not have much modern technology.
(c) His office.
(d) In a studio down the street from where he lives.
13. Who goes in search of Josh?
(a) St. Germain.
(b) Just Flamel.
(c) Flamel, Joan and Sophie.
(d) No one; they are trying to rescue Scathach.
14. Who first notices a creature coming in through the garden wall?
15. What do Machiavelli and Dee discuss?
(a) Whether they really want to engage in a confrontation with Flamel.
(b) Whether to just try to get the twins away from the others.
(c) Whether to wait until Perenelle has joined them.
(d) The best way to deal with Flamel's group.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Machiavelli give Dagon permission to follow the Nidhogg?
2. How does Josh feel from the use of Clarent?
3. Why can't Flamel help when Josh is yelling for assistance?
4. Whom do Joan and Sophie encounter at the front hall?
5. What does St. Germain do to Sophie?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)