|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Joan taught Sophie?
(a) How to play an ancient stones game.
(b) How to endure nightmares with no ill effect.
(c) How to use Sophie's mind more effectively.
(d) How to deal with the memories of the Witch of Endor.
2. Where does Germain keep all his technological and musical "toys"?
(a) In a studio down the street from where he lives.
(b) He does not have much modern technology.
(c) His office.
(d) The basement.
3. Who helps Scathach teach Josh?
(a) Joan of Arc.
(b) No one.
(d) St. Germain.
4. Who is Areop-Enap?
(a) A Dark Elder's servant.
(b) One of the Disir.
(c) Another immortal who joins Flamel's fight in Paris.
(d) The other prisoner in Alcatraz.
5. About what do Josh and Sophie talk when they are alone?
(a) Josh's concerns about Flamel.
(c) The odd way Scathach talks.
(d) What they are learning.
6. What do Josh and Sophie send their parents?
7. What happens as Josh prepares to kill the Nidhogg?
(a) Scathach is thrown down the road.
(b) The Disir attacks him.
(c) Scathach kills it.
(d) The Disir kills the creature instead.
8. Why does Josh attack the Nidhogg?
(a) To test Clarent's abilities.
(b) To make it release Scathach.
(c) To get it to release him.
(d) St. Germain tells him to.
9. What does Josh think the Disir is doing when she climbs the Nidhogg's back?
(a) Trying to kill the Nidhogg.
(b) Trying to tell the Nidhogg something.
(c) Being insane.
(d) Trying to control the Nidhogg.
10. Whom do Joan and Sophie encounter at the front hall?
(c) Two of the Disir.
(d) The Nidhogg.
11. What does Areop-Enap agree to do?
(a) Protect the twins.
(b) Go to talk with the Witch of Endor.
(c) Help fight John Dee.
(d) Send Perenelle to Paris.
12. What wakes Josh?
(a) Flamel yelling.
(b) Sophie screaming.
(c) The sound of automatic weapons.
(d) The sound of an explosion.
13. How does Sophie defeat the other two Disir?
(a) Burns them to death.
(b) She is unable to defeat them.
(c) Encases them in a block of ice.
(d) Places a ring of fire around them.
14. Why is Josh nervous?
(a) He does not know if he can handle power.
(b) He is afraid of Sophie being harmed.
(c) He is unsure about the influence of Clarent on his mind.
(d) He is claustrophobic.
15. Why can't Flamel help when Josh is yelling for assistance?
(a) He is busy fighting the Disir.
(b) He is too exhausted.
(c) He is not there.
(d) He is in the basement and does not hear Josh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Machiavelli give Dagon permission to follow the Nidhogg?
2. Where does St. Germain take Joan, Flamel, and Sophie?
3. Who has brought the Nidhogg to Paris?
4. Who inspects Josh and causes him to feel panic?
5. Where do Machiavelli and Dee take Josh?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)