|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Perenelle ask Areop-Enap?
(a) Why she is helping John Dee.
(b) If she wants to be freed.
(c) Where the other Elders are.
(d) How she came to be there.
2. Why can't Flamel help when Josh is yelling for assistance?
(a) He is in the basement and does not hear Josh.
(b) He is too exhausted.
(c) He is not there.
(d) He is busy fighting the Disir.
3. Who arrives in Paris?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(c) The Witch of Endor.
(d) John Dee.
4. Who goes in search of Josh?
(a) Just Flamel.
(b) No one; they are trying to rescue Scathach.
(c) Flamel, Joan and Sophie.
(d) St. Germain.
5. What wakes Josh?
(a) Flamel yelling.
(b) Sophie screaming.
(c) The sound of automatic weapons.
(d) The sound of an explosion.
6. What does Perenelle ask of de Ayala?
(a) To take her to the other prisoner.
(b) To show her a way off the island.
(c) To show her the explosives.
(d) To find a way to de-magic the animals.
7. Who chases after the Nidhogg?
(b) Josh and a Disir.
(c) No one.
(d) Perenelle, who has arrived on a ley line.
8. How does Josh feel from the use of Clarent?
(a) Very strong.
(b) As if he is hallucinating.
9. What happens at the spot where Josh stabs the Nidhogg?
(a) It turns to stone.
(b) It quickly heals over.
(c) Nothing; his sword cannot penetrate its hide.
(d) It falls off.
10. Where does Germain invite Josh to visit?
(a) His office.
(b) His library.
(c) His magic room.
(d) His music collection.
11. What did Flamel take from his old home?
(a) A sword.
(b) A pair of greaves.
(c) An ancient book.
(d) A suit of armor.
12. Who continues to battle the Disir?
(b) St. Germain.
13. What does Josh believe about Scathach?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She has abandoned him.
(c) She can finish off the Nidhogg alone.
(d) She has Flamel and Joan to help her.
14. What is the major disagreement Josh and Sophie have?
(a) If Scathach is as old as Flamel.
(b) Whether Flamel is trustworthy.
(c) Whether Flamel is as respected as John Dee.
(d) Whether Scathach is really immortal.
15. What does Germain give Josh?
(a) A lucky medal.
(b) A sword.
(c) His choice of three laptops.
(d) A cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has brought the Nidhogg to Paris?
2. What does Josh think the Disir is doing when she climbs the Nidhogg's back?
3. Who has Dee sent after Perenelle?
4. What do Josh and Sophie send their parents?
5. What does Flamel encourage Sophie to do?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)