|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does St. Germain take Joan, Flamel, and Sophie?
(a) To an ancient library to find out about the Nidhogg.
(b) To his home.
(c) To talk with a friend of St. Germain's in the secret police.
(d) To another entrance to the catacombs.
2. Who chases after the Nidhogg?
(a) Josh and a Disir.
(c) No one.
(d) Perenelle, who has arrived on a ley line.
3. Who continues to battle the Disir?
(d) St. Germain.
4. Who has brought the Nidhogg to Paris?
(a) The Dark Elders.
(b) The Disir.
(c) It has come of its own volition.
(d) It lives in Paris.
5. What does Dee tell Machiavelli about Perenelle?
(a) She has escaped her cell on Alcatraz.
(b) She has made a pact with Billy the Kidd.
(c) She has destroyed all the creatures they were keeping on Alcatraz.
(d) She has another complete copy of the Book of Abraham.
6. What does Perenelle learn from de Ayala?
(a) The animals on the island are not real.
(b) Dee is on the island.
(c) The island is rigged to explode.
(d) Someone else is imprisoned on Alcatraz.
7. What happens at the spot where Josh stabs the Nidhogg?
(a) Nothing; his sword cannot penetrate its hide.
(b) It quickly heals over.
(c) It falls off.
(d) It turns to stone.
8. Why does Germain not know what is happening?
(a) He is gone.
(b) He is in the shower with the radio blaring.
(c) He is in the basement playing his stereo loudly.
(d) He is playing music through a set of earphones.
9. What does Joan teach Sophie about Sophie's aura?
(a) How to use it for protection.
(b) How to make it invisible.
(c) How to contract it.
(d) How to expand it.
10. What happens when the Nidhogg is stabbed in the tongue?
(a) It bites down on Scathach.
(b) It spits poison.
(c) The tongue turns black.
(d) It attacks Josh.
11. Where does Josh stab the Nidhogg?
(a) In the foot.
(b) In the snout.
(c) In the side.
(d) In the tail.
12. What did Flamel take from his old home?
(a) An ancient book.
(b) A sword.
(c) A pair of greaves.
(d) A suit of armor.
13. What does Perenelle ask Areop-Enap?
(a) If she wants to be freed.
(b) How she came to be there.
(c) Where the other Elders are.
(d) Why she is helping John Dee.
14. About what is Flamel afraid concerning the two pages Josh has of the Book of Abraham?
(a) The Nidhogg might destroy the two pages Josh has.
(b) Dee might convince Josh to burn the two pages Josh has.
(c) Flamel is not concerned because the two pages will do no one any good.
(d) The two pages Josh has will fall into Dee's hands.
15. Who is watching Josh dealing with the Nidhogg?
(b) Some bystanders.
(c) Dee and Machiavelli.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does St. Germain do to Sophie?
2. What does Sophie realize as Josh begins to battle the Disir?
3. Who goes in search of Josh?
4. What is the object related to that Flamel recovers from his old home?
5. Who helps Scathach teach Josh?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)