|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Areop-Enap agree to do?
(a) Protect the twins.
(b) Go to talk with the Witch of Endor.
(c) Send Perenelle to Paris.
(d) Help fight John Dee.
2. About what do Josh and Sophie talk when they are alone?
(b) The odd way Scathach talks.
(c) Josh's concerns about Flamel.
(d) What they are learning.
3. Whom do Joan and Sophie encounter at the front hall?
(a) Two of the Disir.
(b) The Nidhogg.
4. Where do Machiavelli and Dee take Josh?
(a) To the tomb of an ancient seer.
(b) To the catacombs.
(c) To Machiavelli's home.
(d) To see one of the Dark Elders.
5. What is the major disagreement Josh and Sophie have?
(a) Whether Flamel is trustworthy.
(b) Whether Flamel is as respected as John Dee.
(c) Whether Scathach is really immortal.
(d) If Scathach is as old as Flamel.
6. Who finds Machiavelli's burned out car?
(a) The French Secret Police.
(b) Joan when she is tracking Josh.
(c) The Dark Elders.
(d) The one Disir still living.
7. What do Josh and Sophie send their parents?
8. Why does Josh attack the Nidhogg?
(a) To test Clarent's abilities.
(b) To make it release Scathach.
(c) To get it to release him.
(d) St. Germain tells him to.
9. What has Joan taught Sophie?
(a) How to deal with the memories of the Witch of Endor.
(b) How to play an ancient stones game.
(c) How to use Sophie's mind more effectively.
(d) How to endure nightmares with no ill effect.
10. Who has brought the Nidhogg to Paris?
(a) The Dark Elders.
(b) It has come of its own volition.
(c) The Disir.
(d) It lives in Paris.
11. How does Josh feel from the use of Clarent?
(a) Very strong.
(d) As if he is hallucinating.
12. What does Perenelle ask of de Ayala?
(a) To show her a way off the island.
(b) To show her the explosives.
(c) To take her to the other prisoner.
(d) To find a way to de-magic the animals.
13. Where does Germain keep all his technological and musical "toys"?
(a) In a studio down the street from where he lives.
(b) He does not have much modern technology.
(c) His office.
(d) The basement.
14. Who goes in search of Josh?
(a) St. Germain.
(b) Flamel, Joan and Sophie.
(c) Just Flamel.
(d) No one; they are trying to rescue Scathach.
15. What happens when the Nidhogg is stabbed in the tongue?
(a) It bites down on Scathach.
(b) It spits poison.
(c) The tongue turns black.
(d) It attacks Josh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is following Perenelle as she leaves the depths of Alcatraz?
2. Who helps Scathach teach Josh?
3. Who continues to battle the Disir?
4. What happens to endanger Scathach again?
5. How does Scathach get free of the Nidhogg?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)