|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Josh drive away?
(d) Dee and Machiavelli.
2. Why is Josh nervous?
(a) He does not know if he can handle power.
(b) He is unsure about the influence of Clarent on his mind.
(c) He is afraid of Sophie being harmed.
(d) He is claustrophobic.
3. Of what does Joan assure Josh?
(a) Sophie's nightmares are abating.
(b) St. Germain will defend them with his life.
(c) Flamel is good.
(d) The Witch of Endor is good.
4. What does Perenelle find in the bowls of Alcatraz?
(a) A prisoner held behind spells.
(b) Perenelle's cousin who went missing years ago.
(c) A magic book.
(d) A second copy of the Book of Abraham.
5. Why does Germain not know what is happening?
(a) He is in the basement playing his stereo loudly.
(b) He is in the shower with the radio blaring.
(c) He is gone.
(d) He is playing music through a set of earphones.
6. What did the Nidhogg do the last time it was released?
(a) Destroyed almost all of a small city.
(b) Destroyed a large crowd of people.
(c) Destroyed an entire race of Indians.
(d) Razed a large mountain.
7. Why does Josh attack the Nidhogg?
(a) St. Germain tells him to.
(b) To make it release Scathach.
(c) To get it to release him.
(d) To test Clarent's abilities.
8. What happens at the spot where Josh stabs the Nidhogg?
(a) It falls off.
(b) Nothing; his sword cannot penetrate its hide.
(c) It turns to stone.
(d) It quickly heals over.
9. How does Scathach get free of the Nidhogg?
(a) The Nidhogg drops her when it dies.
(b) The Nidhogg drops her while protecting itself from St. Germain.
(c) Flamel and Sophie free her.
(d) Scathogg cuts off the claw that is holding her.
10. Who inspects Josh and causes him to feel panic?
(a) Machiavelli using his magic.
(b) An ancient seer.
(c) A Dark Elder.
(d) Two satyrs.
11. Who continues to battle the Disir?
(b) St. Germain.
12. Who first notices a creature coming in through the garden wall?
13. Where do Machiavelli and Dee take Josh?
(a) To Machiavelli's home.
(b) To see one of the Dark Elders.
(c) To the tomb of an ancient seer.
(d) To the catacombs.
14. What wakes Josh?
(a) The sound of automatic weapons.
(b) Flamel yelling.
(c) The sound of an explosion.
(d) Sophie screaming.
15. What has Joan taught Sophie?
(a) How to use Sophie's mind more effectively.
(b) How to play an ancient stones game.
(c) How to deal with the memories of the Witch of Endor.
(d) How to endure nightmares with no ill effect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to endanger Scathach again?
2. Why does Machiavelli give Dagon permission to follow the Nidhogg?
3. What is the object related to that Flamel recovers from his old home?
4. What does Flamel want Germain to teach Sophie?
5. What happens when the Nidhogg is stabbed in the tongue?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)