|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Josh prepares to kill the Nidhogg?
(a) The Disir kills the creature instead.
(b) The Disir attacks him.
(c) Scathach is thrown down the road.
(d) Scathach kills it.
2. Who helps Scathach teach Josh?
(a) No one.
(b) St. Germain.
(c) Joan of Arc.
3. What does Perenelle find in the bowls of Alcatraz?
(a) Perenelle's cousin who went missing years ago.
(b) A prisoner held behind spells.
(c) A magic book.
(d) A second copy of the Book of Abraham.
4. What happens to endanger Scathach again?
(b) Dagon jumps out of the water and grabs her and jumps back in.
(c) Flamel's aim is bad and his magic brushes her side, paralyzing her..
(d) Nidhogg rises out of the water and grabs her in its mouth.
5. What does St. Germain do to Sophie?
(a) Tattoos her wrist.
(b) Tattoos her palms.
(c) Infuses a small bit of his magic in her.
(d) Opens her third eye.
6. Why does Germain not know what is happening?
(a) He is gone.
(b) He is in the shower with the radio blaring.
(c) He is playing music through a set of earphones.
(d) He is in the basement playing his stereo loudly.
7. What happens at the spot where Josh stabs the Nidhogg?
(a) It falls off.
(b) It turns to stone.
(c) It quickly heals over.
(d) Nothing; his sword cannot penetrate its hide.
8. Why can't the Nidhogg reach the waters of the Seine?
(a) Scathach is making it move slowly.
(b) It is too ill from losing blood.
(c) It is barricaded.
(d) Too heavy.
9. What do Dee and Machiavelli tell Josh when he wants to leave them?
(a) They want to show him the truth.
(b) They can awaken his powers immediately.
(c) They will let him leave if he turns over the two pages he has.
(d) He owes them for saving his life.
10. What is the major disagreement Josh and Sophie have?
(a) If Scathach is as old as Flamel.
(b) Whether Flamel is trustworthy.
(c) Whether Flamel is as respected as John Dee.
(d) Whether Scathach is really immortal.
11. Of what does Joan assure Josh?
(a) The Witch of Endor is good.
(b) St. Germain will defend them with his life.
(c) Sophie's nightmares are abating.
(d) Flamel is good.
12. Who has brought the Nidhogg to Paris?
(a) The Dark Elders.
(b) The Disir.
(c) It has come of its own volition.
(d) It lives in Paris.
13. Why does Josh attack the Nidhogg?
(a) To make it release Scathach.
(b) To get it to release him.
(c) St. Germain tells him to.
(d) To test Clarent's abilities.
14. Whom do Joan and Sophie encounter at the front hall?
(b) The Nidhogg.
(c) Two of the Disir.
15. What does Perenelle learn from de Ayala?
(a) Dee is on the island.
(b) The animals on the island are not real.
(c) Someone else is imprisoned on Alcatraz.
(d) The island is rigged to explode.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Germain give Josh?
2. Why is Josh nervous?
3. What does Flamel want Scathach to teach Josh?
4. Who continues to battle the Disir?
5. What does Joan teach Sophie about Sophie's aura?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)