|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Garden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did complex pastoral ideology come into existence?
(a) Twentieth century.
(b) Eighteenth century.
(c) With colonization.
(d) Nineteenth century.
2. How does Marx describe the encroachment of industrialism?
(a) As preventable.
(b) As unnatural.
(c) As inevitable.
(d) As natural.
3. What was the opposite of Barlowe's experience in his travels?
(a) Political intrigue.
(b) Storms and primitive land.
(c) Rocky soil and harsh laws.
(d) Sparse resources and unsafe territory.
4. What did the new world fail to offer newcomers, in typical accounts?
5. Why did Beverly feel as he did by the end of his work?
(a) He saw a unique opportunity in the New World.
(b) He thought the New World would improve the settlers.
(c) He thought that the settlers and natives could work together.
(d) He thought that the New World could improve the natives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sources does Marx suppose Shakespeare read for 'The Tempest'?
2. What is the first stage of life that Marx describes through Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'?
3. What does Marx say is unique about pastoralism in the industrial age in America?
4. What was Jefferson's ideal of equality democracy founded on?
5. What was it that Jefferson described as a threat to the moral center of democracy?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)