|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Garden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which leisure activity does Marx identify as revealing the influence of the sentimental pastoral ideal?
2. When did Thomas Jefferson publish his Notes on Virginia?
3. Why did Beverly feel as he did by the end of his work?
(a) He thought that the settlers and natives could work together.
(b) He saw a unique opportunity in the New World.
(c) He thought the New World would improve the settlers.
(d) He thought that the New World could improve the natives.
4. In Jefferson's time, how did the eastern farmers come to see nature, as a result of their work?
(a) As an improved nature.
(b) As a raw material.
(c) As a new nature.
(d) As a domestic industry.
5. Which characters are engaged in the final struggle in Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'?
(a) Miranda and Caliban.
(b) Ferdinand and Miranda.
(c) Gonzalo and Ferdinand.
(d) Gonzalo and Prospero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marx say Beverly felt about the New World, by the end of his history?
2. What form of art had reached a peak in Thomas Jefferson's time?
3. For what occasion did Jefferson write his Notes on Virginia?
4. What does Marx say is the leading image of industrialism?
5. What sources does Marx suppose Shakespeare read for 'The Tempest'?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)