|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Garden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the opposite of Barlowe's experience in his travels?
(a) Sparse resources and unsafe territory.
(b) Rocky soil and harsh laws.
(c) Political intrigue.
(d) Storms and primitive land.
2. How have the relationships between the city and country changed in American industrial pastoralism?
(a) They are both reinvented by machines.
(b) They are no longer interdependent.
(c) They are both monetized.
(d) They are no longer exclusive.
3. What is the first reaction Marx describes to industrialism?
(b) Feelings of alienation.
4. Where had Barlowe traveled to?
5. What literary work did Barlowe echo with his account of his travels?
(a) Paradise Regained.
(b) Paradise Lost.
(d) The Iliad.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what occasion did Jefferson write his Notes on Virginia?
2. What does Marx say is unique about pastoralism in the industrial age in America?
3. What kind of lifestyle does Marx say Americans want?
4. What virtues would the Jeffersonian man strike a balance between?
5. When did the assault on American pastoralism begin, in Marx's account?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)