|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shakepeare's American Fable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the end of Shakespeare's 'The Tempest' demonstrate, in Marx's interpretation?
(a) Fairness in dividing territory.
(b) Balance between men and women.
(c) Justice in righting old wrongs.
(d) Balance between man and nature.
2. What does pastoral ideology conflict with, in Marx's account?
(a) Industrial modernism.
(b) Extractive industries.
(d) The reality of history.
3. What did the new world fail to offer newcomers, in typical accounts?
4. Where had Barlowe traveled to?
5. What does Marx say Shakespeare's 'The Tempest' demonstrates?
(a) The corruption of the Old World.
(b) The impossibility of the pastoral ideal.
(c) The personalities who will be required to develop America.
(d) The plan for Utopia in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did colonists find in America?
2. What contradictory aspects of the American landscape came to characterize American pastoralism?
3. How does Marx describe the encroachment of industrialism?
4. What is the third stage of life that Marx describes through Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'?
5. What is the second stage of life that Marx describes through Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)