|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shakepeare's American Fable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What human structure did Barlowe describe America in terms of?
2. What is the first reaction Marx describes to industrialism?
(d) Feelings of alienation.
3. What literary work did Barlowe echo with his account of his travels?
(a) Paradise Lost.
(b) Paradise Regained.
(c) The Iliad.
4. What part of 'The Tempest' held special interest for Marx?
(a) The portrait of indecision about taking the throne.
(b) The portrait of love's frailty against political power.
(c) The portrait of an unspoiled landscape invaded by Europeans.
(d) The portrait of men who gain power by disposing of natural resources.
5. What is the second stage of life that Marx describes through Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'?
(a) Return to nature.
(b) Return to the city.
(c) Life in nature.
(d) Life in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did complex pastoral ideology come into existence?
2. What is the first stage of life that Marx describes through Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'?
3. How was Hawthorne's description interrupted?
4. What is the second reaction Marx describes to industrialism?
5. What economic consequence does the sentimental pastoral ideal engender?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)